Eastern Safe & Lock Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since February 2012

Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC location : Contact Brian Ford at 703-541-2200 Eastern Safe & Lock is a family owned and operated business since 1985. We are very proud to have won the Angieslist Super Service Award three years in a row. Serving all of Northern Virginia from Stafford to Leesburg to include Washington DC and local Maryland areas. Our highly trained technicians are licensed to service and installation of all types of locks, safes, keys, alarm installation, access control, camera's, CCTV, high security locks. We have been providing all types of physical security of our clients since 1985. Eastern Safe & Lock was instrumental in writing and passing Virginia’s first locksmith license in 2008. This license requires all locksmith companies to be licensed and each technician to be register with the Department of Criminal Justice Services. Each Locksmith has to pass a background check and be fingerprinted by DCJS. Check out Angie's List to find out about the phony unlicensed scammer locksmiths that quote silly low prices like 15.00 or 19.00, they show up in unmarked cars, use a very old con called bait and switch, quote really low to get the job then charge hundreds of dollar more than they should when they get to your home or office. We provide free written estimate. We have been in business for to many years to pressure you to use our services. We will never demand you pay with cash. Checks, Visa, MasterCard & American Express are welcome. We provide emergency service 24 hours a day, our regular hours are 8:00 to 5:00 Monday to Friday. Additional email - bford@easternsafe.com....

Showroom 1

+2 more images

locksmith (934)door installation (6)home security systems (5)mailbox repair (2)handyman (2)home automation (1)phone repair (1)

03/11/2022

Patricia C.

Great. The locksmith came within the time range promised. He was very professional, timely, and completed the project in full. I would use the company again, and recommend them to my friends.

Description of Work
Rekeying a new deadbolt lock, and cutting two keys.

Work Completed On 03/08/2022

08/18/2021

Thomas D.

The lock was not a normal residential lock and rather old. It was built into the door in such a way that it might have been cheaper to buy a new door than install a new lock. Mike was very punctual and extremely knowledgeable. In less than 15 minutes had had the broken key out and explained to me what to look for so that this wouldn't happen again. I could not be more pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Key had broken off in the lock.

Work Completed On 08/18/2021

04/14/2021

Kathleen G.

I was extremely pleased with the service. Mark was very nice, arrived exactly on time, did a great job and gave me helpful safety tips. I would highly recommend!!!

Description of Work
Locks rekeyed, deadlock installed

Work Completed On 04/14/2021

03/25/2021

Kristen A.

We called this morning and someone was out this afternoon. We needed a smart lock and deadbolt replaced and we didn’t want to risk doing it ourselves. The technician was friendly, quick, and did a great job. Absolutely would hire from this company again.

Description of Work
Replace front door lock

Category auto repair, locksmith

Work Completed On 03/25/2021

12/24/2020

Leslie H.

The lock to our business front door would not work. We assumed that when the locksmith came out they would need to replace (re-key) the lock which is expensive. I was stunned when the locksmith called me to tell me it was only an inexpensive part that was broken.

Description of Work
We had an issue with our door lock

Category auto repair, locksmith

Work Completed On 12/16/2020

05/08/2019

Maggie W.

We recently purchased a new home and needed to rekey/change our locks. We had 5 different locks on our 3 entry doors, each requiring a different key! Gary was able to use our existing locks and rekey them all such that they all now use the same key. He clearly is a master, as he looked at all of the locks first with me and got all of the necessary information, so that I could be free to do other things while he worked on them all. I am as pleased as one could be with a service like this. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Rekeyed 5 locks

Work Completed On 05/08/2019

03/24/2019

Susan S.

Very professional company. A representative came and looked at the doors and then gave us a recommendation. We had a detailed price quote later that day. Locks were installed within a few days. Installer was great and very knowledgeable. Would definitely hire again. We hired this company because they actually looked at the doors. Another company gave us a quote based on my description of what we wanted. Price quote did not include brand of locks so we really didn't know what would be installed.

Description of Work
Replaced 5 doorknob locks and 4 dead bolts.

Work Completed On 03/21/2019

01/26/2019

Gary M.

Went very well and was pleased with the technician and service, thank you.

Description of Work
Had locks rekeyed.

Work Completed On 01/17/2019

12/28/2018

Kirsten W.

I tried calling this place three times and every time I was hung up on.

Description of Work
Lock replacement

Work Completed On 12/28/2018

Sorry to here you had trouble contacting our business. COX had our phone lines down for a day and a half. I am guessing that is when you were trying to call our business.

12/27/2018

Michael B.

Eastern was very responsive when I called and sent Alex out the following day. Alex was very professional and went above and beyond to replace the door lock. He even reset the door as it was not closing properly. I would definitely recommend Eastern

Description of Work
Back Door Lock Replacement

Work Completed On 11/26/2018

11/02/2018

April C.

I called on a Friday morning and they were able to fit me in within a couple of hours - I was amazed! The technician arrived on time, quickly deduced the issue, and was able to rekey our lock and provide us with multiple copies within a half hour. He was extremely helpful and courteous.

Description of Work
Lock rekeying

Work Completed On 11/02/2018

10/16/2018

Hala A.

Work went very smoothly. He had all the equipment needed to do the job. He even adjusted the door which had settled a bit & was easy to open & close. He was in and out, job efficiently & professionally done in ten minutes.

Description of Work
Extracted a broken deadbolt which was stuck inside the door making it impossible to open or to remove. The broken deadbolt was removed efficiently without damaging the door & a new one (which I had bought) was installed in its place.

Cost $111.73

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

10/12/2018

Karen H.

I called and wasn't expecting same day service but was delighted when I was provided an appointment within a couple of hours of my call. Tim was very efficient and explained options to me. I had three doors to my home rekeyed and purchased a few extra keys as well. It was a relief to know that the service was performed promptly and efficiently leaving me time to deal with other matters pertaining to the theft of my wallet and keys the day before. I highly recommend Eastern Safe and Lock and will use them again should the need arise.

Description of Work
Locks Rekeyed After Keys Stolen

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

10/08/2018

Steven D.

Brian in the office was super helpful, pleasant and efficient. He got his tech Derrick onsite the same day within an hour from my initial phone call. Derrick was resourceful and quick. He gave me suggestions to avoid future issues. I am very thankful you all fit us in so quickly and were able to resolve the issue in about a 30 minute time frame! Amazing company, great work, very professional and I would use again for sure. Thank you!

Description of Work
New key to replace broken key in lock

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

08/28/2018

Ryan F.

The locksmith arrived on time, was very friendly, took the time to explain what he was doing and our various options, and did a great job.

Description of Work
Changing of three Mult-T-Lock deadbolts

Work Completed On 08/17/2018

06/25/2018

Kenneth F.

Very well. Efficient, knowledgeable, polite locksmith.

Description of Work
Repair deadbolt lock.

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

04/12/2018

Fatina W.

The entire process of working with Eastern Safe & Lock was FANTASTIC! Purchased a new home, and needed to get the locks re-keyed or replaced. Immediately reached someone when I called, and was able to get an appointment scheduled within 2 days of when I contacted them. The person who arrived (Mark) was terrific. He was extremely knowledgeable, and treated the visit as an opportunity to provide a service and also educate me about simple ways to protect my new home. The cost for the service was totally reasonable -- particularly given the terrific customer service. I will be keeping them on my list of "go to" companies for the future.

Description of Work
Locks re-keyed

Work Completed On 04/06/2018

03/26/2018

John F.

The whole experience was painless. The locksmith showed up on time (called ahead to let me know he was on the way) and did everything, plus checked another lock he noticed was sticking as a courtesy.

Description of Work
Re-keyed several locks

Work Completed On 03/26/2018

03/19/2018

Michael S.

Service was prompt, efficient, and the locksmith was very courteous.

Description of Work
Changing locks

Work Completed On 07/01/2017

03/07/2018

Laura T.

They showed up promptly, got the the job done quickly and id it properly.

Description of Work
re-keyed locks

Work Completed On 03/07/2018

12/13/2017

Brian O.

I’ve used Eastern Safe &Lock a couple times and always been thoroughly satisfied with the job the locksmith did and the price. He arrives on schedule, does quality work and explains everything that he did, and the price is always very fair (and much better than more well-known competitors). I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Locks re-keyed

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

12/07/2017

Tonya C.

Wonderful. Friendly, efficient, professional service.

Description of Work
Rekey door lock.

Work Completed On 12/07/2017