Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Get matched with top septic tank services in Dover, NH
There are 12 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Dover
- Farrell Contracting Services, LLCCouldn't have gone better. I didn't know Jake at all when I was interviewing contractors. He impressed me with his responsiveness to my emails and calls. He was here when he said he would be and called ahead as well. I had quotes from three contractors, not only was he the lowest but he was the only one bring in all new material, the others planned to reuse the loan and sand where they could. We took a chance and hired Jake, couldnt be more happy. Our field was failed so we were a family of 5 ( with three teenagers) on water rationing for three weeks during a stay at home pandemic. We needed the work done quickly. He was here in 3 days and finished it 2 days later. In the process we realized we needed to extend a stone wall as a result of the new size of the field. I didnt have a vehicle which could transport that many bricks. Jake had one of his guys pick it up for me with his truck and deliver it to the site, no charge. Really great service, I would highly recommend Farrell Contracting Servives read less
- Norman BuildersRyan Norman and his company, Norman Builders, are wonderful. We can't say enough good things about them. Anyone hiring them will be very happy with their work and how EASY they make it to complete a big home project. A septic tank was put in to replace a failed one. In addition, a new 2-story garage built by their company. Norman Builders performed both projects perfectly. FYI, we found Ryan's construction company on "Angie's List." We live in Los Angeles but bought a small house in NH. The NH house needed major work - and is located on a small lake. So the house projects needed "special" treatment in order to comply with environmental regulations & zoning laws. These were the first big construction projects we've ever done. We needed a lot of "hand-holding." Ryan was absolutely fabulous and helped us each step, week by week. He was always available and answered our emails promptly. He explained everything as we proceeded. For example, Ryan found some ancient trash & a tree stump buried on the old lot near the septic tank, and emailed pictures to show what was happening, and hauled off the old trash. We got regular pictures emailed to us, as the projects proceeded. Ryan also patiently handled questions coming from the neighbors living along the street next to the house. We decided to add rain gutters to both sides of the garage to mitigate any water run-off issues. It added a tiny amount to the cost estimate, but we wanted our garage to be trouble free, for our neighbors. Ryan's contacts with our new neighbors during the construction was a BIG help to us, since we were not physically there - we were living on the West coast - during the construction. It meant a lot of emails and phone calls back and forth, but this was no problem for Ryan! :) He was very patient and easy to work with. Ryan handled all of the inspections and neighbor queries. We can't recommend Ryan & his company highly enough. It was money well spent. We now have a beautiful new garage to store our "stuff" (since the house is only 1350 sq ft), and a brand new septic tank installed at our NH home. We will enjoy these improvements for decades to come, thanks to Ryan & Norman Builders. Thanks Ryan!! read less
- Bodwell's Septic Services LLCWe were closing on the sale of our house and the inspection report required a repair and pumping of our system. The closing hinged on us getting it repaired. I had used Bodwell’s a number of years ago but wasn’t sure if they could squeeze us in since they were so busy. They went above and beyond to get us done. The owner Tim even came out to do the pumping and repair! A few days later we were able to close on the house. Couldn’t have done it without their professionalism. I would definitely recommend them read less
- E&E Septic dba Epping and Exeter Septic ServiceExcellent, from the time of the phone call. I had called another service first and after a couple of days of not hearing back, I called E&E. Left a message and within the hour, they returned my call. I let them know I had an event planned for almost 100 people at my house for that weekend and asked if there was any way they could come before then (this was on a Tuesday). The woman I spoke to was VERY nice and accommodating and got me in within 2 days. They showed up as promised and took care of the job. Excellent service - highly recommen read less
- Sebastian Septic SvcService provider / driver (I forget his first name - sorry) was very friendly and knowledgeable regarding the pumping of the septic tank and the reason for my drains backing up. I will definitely use Sebastian Septic again. He also had a squeaky clean truck AND enough hose that he didn't have to back up over my lawn and leave behind divots from his truck. Great experience read less
- BATESON ENTERPRISESWent very well. Responsive, professional, cordial - definitely knows about septic systems. I was very impressed with their knowledge. I had four companies out for the last back up and Bateson was the first one to finally figure out what the problem was.
- KENT SEPTIC LLCIt was a pleasure working with Brad! He showed up to the appointment early. He went over every step of the process with us. He cleaned up his work area and left everything back to the way it was when he found it. Very neat and clean. He was very honest, knowledgeable and professional! Being first time home owners and knowing NOTHING about a septic system....Brad made us feel very comfortable about the whole process and made sure we now know the ins and outs of having a septic system at our home and how to care for it properly. We would absolutely use Kent Septic for our future septic needs and will be sure to recommend Kent to our friends and family read less
- Plano Builders LLCour project went without any problems. something we did not expect to happen. I mean something always seems to pop up. Plano builders always went beyond the scope of their work, at times even acting as our liaison with other our contractors. they handled our lot clearing, foundation excavation, septic installation, underground utility trenching, decks and stairs, and so much mor read less
- Dependable Construction Co IncIt's all about personal service. That means a lot to me. He did a good job. He did exactly what he said he was going to do. He's a good equipment operator, he does the job and gets it done.
- Olofson Landworks LLCOlofson Landworks did a great job. Troy is very professional, a pleasure to work with, and stands by his work. Would highly recommend.
Septic Tank Companies in Dover
- Business Description:Millyard Home Inspection is a home inspection service that meets and exceeds national standards. We are a full service inspection service that includes: Septic Evaluation; Air Radon Testing; Well water Testing; mold, asbestos and lead evaluation testing. First time home buyers or experienced investors will feel comfortable knowing Millyard Home Inspection has the experience and knowledge to make you feel secure in making one of life's biggest decision. My name is Dan Lombardo and I know how f.. read lessRecent Review:Dan was very thorough and professional. A major structural defect was found in the attic area. We can’t thank Dan at Millyard Home Inspection enough for helping us. I will definitely be using Dan when we find our next home. I would highly recommend this company read lessSheri S.
- Business Description:NHG is your local excavation & site work company. We offer many different services such as septic system installs/ replacements & designs, site work for new houses, garages, additions & commercial buildings. NHG also provides concrete foundation services. We can accomplish the site work for your project and install the foundation & concrete floor as well. We are your one stop shop!! Other services that we offer are yard/ driveway & parking lot grading/ expansion, stumping, pool pads, tree re.. read lessRecent Review:They were really good and did very good job.John H.
- Business Description:In business since 1977. Our office is located on Route 125 in Lee, NH. We accept major credit cards. Ask about our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on our water filter systems.Recent Review:We have been satisfied , been using them since we moved here in 15 years.Colleen J.
- Business Description:Our focus at Epping Well and Pump is about providing a high value in the service, expertise and equipment we offer. We aim to be professional at every level to ensure that the customer is educated and satisfied with the decisions they have made regarding the drinking water in their home or business read lessRecent Review:They did a very good job, they were very professional. I have interview 3 other providers and they were the most trusted provider, knowledgeable and experienced. He seems to be ethical for me, and so I went to hire them, and they did a very good job read lessMaureen M.
- Business Description:Proactive Comfort is the premier plumbing, heating, and air conditioning company serving residential home owners in southern NH and the greater seacoast.Recent Review:Scheduled an appointment during my original phone call, polite and professional. Appointment was about 10 days out, but they called 3 days early when a time slot opened up. Very Covid responsible, clean, and knowledgeable. Good quality product available at appointment. Job was complete within a short time and we are very happy with the replacement read lessAdam F.
- Business Description:"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" was never more true than it is with septic tank care. A small commitment to the care of your system will go a long way to avoiding the hassles associated with septic system failure. Bodwell's Septic Services, LLC uses state-of-the-art equipment and technology, backed up by over 25 years of experience and continuing education. We are licensed and insured for septic system design,rejuvenation, pumping and installation. Call us if you are having .. read lessRecent Review:We were closing on the sale of our house and the inspection report required a repair and pumping of our system. The closing hinged on us getting it repaired. I had used Bodwell’s a number of years ago but wasn’t sure if they could squeeze us in since they were so busy. They went above and beyond to get us done. The owner Tim even came out to do the pumping and repair! A few days later we were able to close on the house. Couldn’t have done it without their professionalism. I would definitely recommend them read lessmike g.
- Business Description:Services provided include but are not limited to: Site Work, Excavation, Sewer & Water Connections, Utilities , Septic Systems, Culverts and Drainage, Public/Private Driveways & Roads, Material Deliveries (Large or Small Quantities), Trucking, Demolition, Snow Plowing, Lot Clearing, Field Building, Lawn Installation, Grading, Retaining Walls, Ponds, Brush Removal, Stump Removal, Trail Maintenance , Erosion Control, Misc. Property Improvement read lessRecent Review:Couldn't have gone better. I didn't know Jake at all when I was interviewing contractors. He impressed me with his responsiveness to my emails and calls. He was here when he said he would be and called ahead as well. I had quotes from three contractors, not only was he the lowest but he was the only one bring in all new material, the others planned to reuse the loan and sand where they could. We took a chance and hired Jake, couldnt be more happy. Our field was failed so we were a family of 5 ( with three teenagers) on water rationing for three weeks during a stay at home pandemic. We needed the work done quickly. He was here in 3 days and finished it 2 days later. In the process we realized we needed to extend a stone wall as a result of the new size of the field. I didnt have a vehicle which could transport that many bricks. Jake had one of his guys pick it up for me with his truck and deliver it to the site, no charge. Really great service, I would highly recommend Farrell Contracting Servives read lessJohn G.
- Business Description:Rooter-Man of SouthernMaine/New Hampshire is a professional drain cleaning and plumbing company that's locally owned and operated by the Sewall Family. With over 40+ years of experience, Rooter-Man provides dependable services at affordable rates and is available to assist you 24/7. Fully insured, trained technicians and the newest in equipment enables us to provide efficient professional service read lessRecent Review:Randy was great. Worked through the issue until resolved.nathan d.
- Business Description:Drain King is a "Complete Drain Cleaning Service" company - We are a family-owned business and we strive to establish long-lasting relationships with our customers. We establish these relationships by being timely, fair and honorable while maintaining a clean and organized job site and appearance. We clean any type of drains, residential and commercial. We offer video pipe camera inspections and a special de-rooting process that comes with a 1 year guarantee or longer. We offer flat rate pric.. read lessRecent Review:David did an excellent job! He was a hard working and courteous professional. High attention to detail.Craig M.
- Business Description:Main Stream Mechanical provides full spectrum plumbing, heating and air conditioning services. We also install and service whole-house generators and water filtration/purification systems. We are dedicated to providing reliable and cost effective solutions that best fit our customer's needs and expectations. As a National Grid VPI contractor, we specialize in converting oil customers to natural gas. Our techncians are expert, professional and responsive. They are licensed and hold industry ce.. read lessRecent Review:In April of 2018, I had Mainstream Mechanical get an older Weil McLain boiler running. The guys came and took one look at it and said it should just be replaced. I didn't have the money at the time so just asked them to get it running again. The expansion tank was very rusty and questionable looking but they didn't replace it. I spent over $1,300 dollars to get it running and within 2 days, had the expansion tank break, causing 3" of hot water to flood the entire basement. Thankfully the brand new well pump was up on cinder blocks barely above the water. I spent hours bucketing water out of the basement and pulling down wet (from the steam) insulation and throwing it all out. Called Mainstream back and they said basically it wasn't their fault or problem as they didn't replace the tank. I understood that but said just by looking at that tank, it would have been a good idea to have replaced it. I spoke with the owner and he finally agreed to come out and at least put a new expansion tank on the boiler at no charge. They also gave me an estimate of over $6,500 to replace the boiler. Follow up...less than a year later in 2019, I had to replace this expansion tank again and had Mike Poole do it. In the summer of 2020, I did finally replace the boiler, even though it was still working okay but it was over 20 years old and had a lot of rust and I was worried about having to dump more money into it. I ended up having a new Weil McLain boiler system put in by Four Season's for $5,500! I did had Poole quote it but it wasn't cast iron and would have cost about $7k. I would NEVER use Mainstream Mechanical ever again. They are expensive and in my experience, did the bare minimum to get a system functioning and weren't very sympathetic or apologetic regarding the expansion tank and basement flooding read lessAndrea B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank company articles
If you’re wondering whether it’s safe to grow plants over your septic tank, the answer is yes, as long as you stick with plants that have shallow root systems to avoid damaging the septic system. Learn the best plants to install over a septic tank.
Septic system cost varies from place to place, depending on type, size and location. While they can be costly, septic tank systems can be worthy investments. Before you dive in, consider variables that drive the cost of a septic system.
Find septic tank services in
- South Berwick
- North Berwick
- Kittery Point
- New Castle
- Cape Neddick
septic tank services in Dover
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- E&E Septic dba Epping and Exeter Septic Service82 Camp Lee Rd
Epping, New Hampshire
- E&E Septic dba Epping and Exeter Septic Service82 Camp Lee Road R
Epping, New Hampshire
- Edwards Survey & Design, PLLC67 Dows Lane
Seabrook, New Hampshire
- Epping Well & Pump Co Inc337 Calef Highway Rte 125
Epping, New Hampshire
- E&E Septic dba Epping and Exeter Septic Service
- GROOVER SEPTIC DESIGN455 HALL RD
Barrington, New Hampshire
- GROOVER SEPTIC DESIGN
- Ibarra & Sons Excavating8 Tamarack court
Milford, New Hampshire
- Ibarra & Sons Excavating
- LJM Construction, LLCPO Box 2001
Hillsborough, New Hampshire
- LJM Construction, LLC
- N.H. Groundscapes73 King Rd
Chichester, New Hampshire
- N.H. Groundscapes
- Olofson Landworks LLC421 Middle Rd
Brentwood, New Hampshire
- Olofson Landworks LLC
- Reliable Septic Services14 Elaine St
Hampton, New Hampshire
- REP LANDSCAPING INC213 MAIN ST
Plaistow, New Hampshire
- Rooter-Man of Southern Maine/New Hampshire151 Epping Road
Exeter, New Hampshire
- Rotten Rock Hardscaping & Tree Service Inc.P.O. Box 1465
North Conway, New Hampshire
- Rowell's ServicesP.O. Box 287
Tilton, New Hampshire
- Reliable Septic Services
- S R F ExcavationPO Box 45
Danbury, New Hampshire
- S.P.Rice ExcavatingP.O Box 161
Auburn, New Hampshire
- Seacoast Sewer & Drain Inc.114 State Rd
- Sebastian Septic SvcPO Box 349
Milton, New Hampshire
- Shepard & sons59 deerfield rd
Raymond, New Hampshire
- SNAKE-IT-AWAY INC16 Boston Ave
- S R F Excavation
- Value Rooter86 Oldfields Rd
South Berwick, Maine
- Value Rooter
- Wicked Web Design & SEO1312 North Monroe St. Suite 137
- Wicked Web Design & SEO