Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Minot, ND
There are 1 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Minot
- No Worries Repair, LLCTravis arrived at the date and time he said he would he quickly helped diagnose the problem, then repaired the leaking fixture. He subsequently provided an estimate related to the work still to be done and showed up on the dates and times he specified to doe the work. Very professional and reasonably priced
- R.O. ConstructionI had alot of water damage to the roof from someone who had previously done the roof incorrectly. The wood structure need carpentry skills to replace and elevate certains on the roof. The roofer I had knew both roofing and carpentry. A full roof tarp was applied to the roof in the evening to protect the roof from rain which it did on the second or third night. I was happy to see that this had been done in advance in case such an event of rain di happen. It was a heavy downpour of nearly 2 inches in an hour. I observed his work each day and inspected it at those times and found everything to be of sound workmanship
- BK Western Edge Construction LLCTerrible the closet is fine and he finished a wall that wasn’t completely Sheetrock but terrible work in bedroom. I specifically asked about ceiling and he said to save me money he wasn’t going to scrape it just patch and add a nice trim to seal the gap. The pictures show final work. He also left 15 chips in the wall where they pulled off the staples that were holding their plastic up
Contractors in Minot
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Complaint free companyRecent Review:It was a disaster! Had to pay another contractor $3,600 to re-do his work. We do NOT recommend this contractor! <br />ND C.
- Recent Review:They gave us great service, we had two meetings regarding our needs and bids. We took 4 bids including from the big boys like Pella and Anderson. The bids were comparable but what we really liked was they did not subcontract out the installation, these were their employees that had been with them (15-22 years; so we knew the installation would be done correctly and with a life time warranty that was transferable we knew they would stand behind their work. <br>Justin was here a couple of times a day during the removal and installation and they worked well with another contractor that was doing a seperate project. The crew was on time and very professional. Clean up was great and took care not to hurt any of the plants or landscaping. <br>We will use them again and would highly recommend them to otherKathy F.
- Business Description:New home construction
- Business Description:Handyman/Contractors
- Business Description:Owner operated. Charges are determined by services provided. Ask for details.Recent Review:The work started right away, I had observed his work on a similar style of home and was impressed with the work. The owner James stated that the work could start in a couple of days and that they would need to station a large garbage container on the property to hold all of the waste taken off of the home. The worked started on time and went well during the tear down. Once the reconstruction started the signs of trouble soon started. Wood siding was placed on the home that was not cured and it began to leak sap. They ran out of materials and tried to use left over materials from other jobs which I had to ask them to take off the home. The rock work on the lower part of the home seems to be quite good for now. Once the siding was on the home I noticed a few places where flawed siding was used and I had to ask them to replace it. The doors that were put in had to be replaced and reset a couple of times because of poor quality and not fitting properly. The front door that was put in was done free of charge eventually because of all the other flaws and the screen door put in did not fit and when I asked that it fit right the workers began to HACK away at the framing with an electric saw, it looked like a beginner did the work and did not care how it turned out. I had to call the owner who quickly responded and got the fix in place. The worker began to have a fit and through items and I asked that he not return to my home. Once the siding was on they began to stain it and the trouble continued. The individual they sent over had no experience with staining and he made a mess of the project, which we are still fighting with today. Some spots were runny and others did not take because of sap running down the boards. The owner said that he would come back and redo the staining after it cured, that has been two years. I have called three or four times with little result, the only thing that they have done so far is to come back and power wash the siding, never to return (this was a year ago). I called James this spring (2014) and he said that they would return and get it done. I called today because the firm is in the news for not having a license in ND in good standing. I called the state office for their license and was told that they have never had a proper license and they were issued a fine. I called James again today and he said that he paid the fine, which was verified by the state office, and he would come out and fix the issue as soon as he could practice again in ND. I am not hopeful. You can go to the Attorney General of ND website to check to see if he has a proper license prior to hiring. The bright spot is that James seemed concerned about my being happy with the work and that things get fixed in a timely manner. He responded to my concerns quickly initially but as mentioned above not so much. Once the garbage unit was removed there was evidence of drinking that went on while his staff was at my home, tops to bottles found under container once gone. I am still trying to get them to come and touch up the spots that are flawed. These are spots where the stain did not take or where streaks were left. James continues to respond to my calls and promises to finish. After $40,000 I hope so. I guess I just trusted a bit too much. Overall I think that James wants to do a good job but unless you have the time to micromanage the work and check everything be cautious about letting them work on your home. Parts of what they do is great but it is the little things that bring me to write this review. I have worked construction in the past and am well aware of what goes on with crews but this was over the top. One final note is that you should never pay anyone the full amount prior, I paid in small steps and was able to get them to complete the overall project, this final step is really touch-up work but I did pay for it so I expect it to be done. If it gets done I will update this review. <br /Rich B.
- Business Description:www.kdfrpconstruction.com
- Business Description:two employees, free estimates, $100 minimum, do sub-contracting, accept most major credit cards, materials purchased by customer unless otherwise stated,
- Business Description:I am a contractor with experience in many fields of construction. I am also a lifelong resident of North Dakota and will stand behind my work.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Turtle Lake
- New Town
general contractors in Minot
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- All Pro Home Improvement1817 2nd Avenue NW
Minot, North Dakota
- All Pro Home Improvement
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Five Star Remodeling2421 N 7th Street
Bismarck, North Dakota
- Five Star Remodeling
- North Star Drywall & Construction LLC1016 Burdick Expy East
Minot, North Dakota
- North Star Drywall & Construction LLC
- Panther Construction LLC.P.O. Box 1967
Watford City, North Dakota
- Panther Construction LLC.
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Superior Home Solutions LLP2720 Paintball Way #4
Bismarck, North Dakota
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- T Bar M Building Company,LLC660 4th Ave SW
Dickinson, North Dakota
- T Bar M Building Company,LLC