Whether you built your home last year or live in one that was built more than 100 years ago, there’s a high chance some masonry was involved. Check out these ten common masonry materials that every homeowner should know about.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Rochester, MN
There are 2 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Recent Masonry Reviews in Rochester
- Bluhm Brothers Landscaping IncCouldn't have been more pleased with the quality, adherence to timelines and budget and overall exceeding our expectations!
- O'Connor ConstructionActually they were very good. They were very quick, he gave me an estimate, he did a very nice clean job. The roofers after they were done said that whoever did it did an amazing job. I'm very happy with them.
- M & M MasonryThey seemed to do good work, and the owner was very pleasant and friendly. Good work, good price. One of our neighbors liked their work so much that they used them as well.
- M & M MasonryCrew did a very good job. Scheduling was adjusted several times but I was in no hurry so I was plenty flexible. But once the work was underway everything went smoothly and it seemed there was a lot of attention and pride in their work. I'd definitely hire M & M again in the future for masonry work.
- SIVELLS MASONRY INCEverything went as planned. The crew showed up around 9:30 and were done by 4:30. All of the areas in question were fixed. The mortar color-match was done with great care. Having everything properly tuck-pointed has made a huge improvement in the appearance of the exterior of our home.
- M & M MasonryWe called and they came out right away to give us a quote. Came to do the work sooner than we expected and it looks great. Dano Chimney Service, on the other hand, never returned out calls (2 or 3 messages that we left).
- O'Connor ConstructionWe joined Angie's list to get a list of masonry contractors in our area. We tried to find out more, using the Internet, about contractors. We checked the Better Business Bureau and discovered that O'Connor was rated A. He had been in busiiness a long time, so we decided to contact him. There were no ratings or comments on Angie's list for any of the contractors. He came to our house to look at the job and give us an estimate. It was going into winter so we waited til the spring to have the work done. Right away when the weather was good, they contacted us and scheduled a time to begin work. The mason who did the majority of work on the column and brick front was very nice, professional and took the time to do the best quality job. We are extremely pleased with O'Connor and would definitely contract with his company again
- STONE EXPRESSIONSThis project had been in the works for a while and it was amazing to find someone that would listen to our thoughts and ideas and guide us through the process to design and build what we wanted. Stone Expressions came to my home at my request to assess my project which was a custom flagstone porch. During the site visit we discussed a general approach and different options for materials. Once we had a plan I was given an estimate for material and labor and an availability date. Through out the entire process I was always always kept informed of delivery and work schedule. Communication was excellent. The workmanship exceeded all my expectations. They are extremely easy to work with and one of the best contractors I have ever used
- M & M MasonryI called and a polite man answered the phone. I explained what I needed done and he said he would go out and check out my chimney and quote me a price. He was out very quickly and we discussed the work over the phone. I hired him over the phone and he completed the work after the weather cleared up. He called to explain the work that was completed and suggested other work that I may need on my roof as an fyi. He also suggested tuck pointing my chimney and I hired him to complete that as well at a later date. The price came in at the quoted price. All was good
Masonry Contractors in Rochester
- Business Description:Wm Bardwell Homes has been serving southeast Minnesota residents since 1970. Quality construction comes from extensive experience, well trained craftsmen, on-site project management and attention to detail.Recent Review:My only complaint was that they didn't wear masks.Richard J.
- Business Description:Complete Basement Systems is a family owned & operated business with approximately 35 employees. Since 1991 we have been part of the Basement Systems dealer network and have thousands of warrantied customers. No subs. We offer Free Estimates. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Service area includes entire Twin Cities Metro Area and Southern Minnesota. License: #BC143377. Financing available. Ask about Angie's List discount. Award winning service provider. Contact us at 1-800-63..Recent Review:The installation went well. They responded quickly to me and were very communicative. I just think that it was a bit over priced. I paid it because I had no other option at the timefernando d.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:J. Benson Construction is a full service, fully licensed, insured, and bonded general contractor. We serve the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and greater Minnesota from three offices in Minneapolis, Rochester and Duluth. We are a preferred vendor for Contractor Connection, Code Blue, Travelers, Farmers Insurance, First Choice Repair, Innovation Property, Lionsbridge and West Bend Mutual Insurance, among others. Please see our website for additional service areas. Additional contact name - Br..Recent Review:Horrible The experience was awful with this people. I didn't know this company at all, my insurance company send me a list of 5 general contractors to take care of my house, so I pick J Benson because they were close to my house and I want it to keep the contractor local and close. So I went with them. They send an estimator like one day after the damage of the house, I signed the paperwork and two days later they send a different person because the first guy had previews commitments, so that was the first red flag. The second estimator took a lot more pics of the house and did he's first estimate, he submitted to the adjuster and it passed just fine. But then it took them almost one whole month before any one started to work in my house, not a single nail was removed or anything. Then I found out that numerous contractors were going in and out of my house with out me knowing it. Finally the work started and the job "foreman" got involved, this guy was even worst, he only called and picked up the phone when he need it something for me other ways good luck trying to get a hold of him. This guy should be FIRED and never allowed to work on the field again. One day I called him and he's answer was "what do you need, I am kind of busy right now" Awesome. Then I asked for an estimate to build a brand new bathroom in the basement. The estimator give me he's quote and we agreed on the price, so they started the project about one month after the paperwork was signed. About 80% of the work was done when I found out that the estimator "FORGOT" to add the toilet and the tub on the estimate!!!!!! How can any one do that????? So I had to came up with that $$$ And then there was the communication with office personnel. Since day one right after I signed the paperwork I offer to give them money, the estimator said "some one from the office will contact you" NO one ever did, weeks went by with out a single person contacting me about money. Finally some one did and every time we communicated there was a mistake with the numbers, every time there was an "I am sorry I forgot" Unreal this people. A couple of weeks before the project was done and I was super upset with every one involved at this point I requested a supervisor. He reached out to me and we meet at my house. He right away start asking me for money, I pretty much lost my cool there and I went off about all of the issues I was having with he's people. He's answer " I am sorry I wasn't aware of the issues" This shows how unprofessional this company is I can't believe how this people are in business not only in the twin cities but in southern MinnesotaCesar M.
- Business Description:Edge to edge construction Been in the concrete business 10 yrs. Here are some of the things we do. We pour anything Patios Driveways Garage floors Stamped Colored Sidewalks Front steps Give me a call for free estimates....
- Business Description:I am a home repair & services specialist. My usual answer to your repair problem will be, "I can fix that" or "I can do that" or "I can build that." I usually work alone, but have manpower available if we need it
- Business Description:Masonry contractor serving Rochester MN and the surrounding communities since 2003Recent Review:This project had been in the works for a while and it was amazing to find someone that would listen to our thoughts and ideas and guide us through the process to design and build what we wanted. Stone Expressions came to my home at my request to assess my project which was a custom flagstone porch. During the site visit we discussed a general approach and different options for materials. Once we had a plan I was given an estimate for material and labor and an availability date. Through out the entire process I was always always kept informed of delivery and work schedule. Communication was excellent. The workmanship exceeded all my expectations. They are extremely easy to work with and one of the best contractors I have ever used. <br /ed h.
- Business Description:Dano's Chimney Sweep has been in business since 1988 with the same owner and Certified sweep. Dano's is licensed, bonded, insured and certified. Our service technicians attend yearly training and seminars to keep up with industry standards. Our showroom is open Monday-Friday mornings and our technicians work Monday-Friday 8-5
- Business Description:Family owned and operated since 1976.
- Business Description:Become Inspired ! Whether you're building new or remodeling your existing landscaping, our landscape design professionals can create the perfect outdoor environment. We work with you to determine the scope of the project and how to most efficiently build the spaces. Our plans are hand-created and can be tailored to suit. We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
If your brick or stone wall needs repairing, then you need a brick masonry contractor to tackle the project. Hiring a mason for a project can feel daunting, but if you follow these tips you’ll know just what to do to find the perfect pro for you.
Brick houses were the standard of the 19th and 20th centuries, and they’re looking to make a comeback. Using this guide, you’ll get a better understanding of the benefits of owning a modern brick home. Find out if a brick exterior is right for you.
Find masonry contractors in
- Zumbro Falls
- Pine Island
- Dodge Center
- West Concord
- Saint Charles
- Grand Meadow
- Spring Valley
masonry contractors in Rochester
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Complete Basement Systems54004 Loren Dr
- Complete Basement Systems
- Household Repair Masters225 10th Ave N
- Household Repair Masters
- NICKELSON PAINTING1204 Broadway Ave N
- NICKELSON PAINTING
- O'Connor Construction600 SW 4th St #601
- O'Connor Construction
- Radcliffe Homes & Remodeling6885 County Rd 6 SW
- Radcliffe Homes & Remodeling
- STONE EXPRESSIONS73028 290TH ST
Grand Meadow, Minnesota
- STONE EXPRESSIONS
- William Bardwell Co LLC618 2nd Ave NE
- William Bardwell Co LLC