A drip irrigation system offers an efficient, eco-friendly method for watering your garden, but if you live in a colder climate, you must protect it from freezing temperatures. This step-by-step guide tells you how to winterize drip irrigation systems.
Get matched with top lawn irrigation services in Okemos, MI
There are 5 highly-rated local lawn irrigation services.
Recent Irrigation System Reviews in Okemos
- Spring Irrigation Cothe company was designated by the builder so I didn't have a choice. the installation went fine but as they charge more for winterizaiton I started using other professional irrigation company for the winter service. This year I found out a head is not working properly. So I contacted them but surprisingly, the warranty is voided because we didn't hire them for services. Shouldn't the warranty be bond to the original service? I have been doing properly winterizaiton but it seems to me that if they don't make money for the next 5 years after installation, you're not getting the warranty. I'm able to take my Honda to any professional dealership for maintenance but clearly this concept is not applicable here. Just be aware that if you use them for installation, to get the warranty you have to hire them for maintenance/winterization and they charge more than other companies. Eventually it turned out to be the nozzle that needs replacement, so I fixed it with 2$. It has nothing to do with winterization. What I also found out, that the broken nozzle is a different brand than Hunter, which they were supposed to use as listed on the contract. So customer aware 2: they might use other products than they told you
- Daily Rain IncJerry was on time and very professional. They did very little damage to the lawn from all the trenching they had to do. Very impressed.
- Daily Rain IncJerry was punctual and professional. There was very little damage done to my lawn considering the amount of work that needed to be done. His price was fair and his crew was kind.
- Professional Turf & Landscape LLCI have been using them sice we built our house in 1983. If I have any problems I call them and they come right out.
- Lee's Pump & IrrigationMR. LEE WAS VERY PROMPT, THOROUGH AND EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO MY SATISFACTION. I WILL DEFINITELY USE HIM AGAIN.
- Todds Services, Inc.I already had a home sprinkler system set up (not by Todd's, by another company), but I wanted to have it improved. For one thing, the system was fed from garden hoses connected to outside faucets, there was no plumbing tap. Also, the watering was spotty and some areas of the lawn were not growing well. I called Todd's Services and they came out in a timely manner to give me an estimate; in fact they came over twice, in order to provide as thorough an estimate as possible. The total amount of the estimate came to $2115, with the understanding that there would probably be some additional miscellaneous charges since they would not know all that had to be done to improve my existing system until they started work on it. They came out about a week before the work was scheduled to install the plumbing tap. I thought the quality of workmanship on the tap was excellent. I had previously expressed some concern about how well the openings for the pipes would be sealed, and the worker who installed the tap took particular care to seal these openings. Also, a permit for the work was arranged by Todd's at no additional cost, I just had to arrange an appointment with the inspector to complete the process. The actual work on the sprinkler system in the yard took one afternoon. When they got into the work it became apparent that they needed to move some heads around and add some additional heads in order for my system to really work well. I had told them in advance that if they needed to go over the amount of the original estimate it was ok, I was more concerned with ending up with a good irrigation system than with staying within the estimate. As it turned out the cost was significantly over the original estimate, it came to $3306.25 altogether. This didn't bother me because I feel I now have a much better sprinkler system than I had before. But if cost is an important issue for you, you may want to be more careful than I was about trying to nail down what the final cost will be. Overall I was very pleased with their work and I felt that they knew what needed to be done to improve my system. There were a couple minor problems that occurred after the work was completed. First, I discovered that my cable line had been cut in the process of adding a new sprinkler line - this was not really the fault of Todd's, because Miss Dig did not correctly identify where the cable was located. Also, one of the underground connections came loose and started to leak constantly. When I reported these problems to Todd's Services, they came out the same day that I called them and fixed both problems. Overall I am very happy with their work and am enjoying my new sprinkler system
- HTA Companies, IncScott from HTA Companies contacted me promptly to schedule an appointment to review my property for a quote. The bid was delivered on-time and with sufficient detail (Approximate # of heads, brand of system, # of zones, etc). Scott took the time and effort to contact the original installer of our well system to make sure we had sufficient water pressure for the system he designed. Scott mentioned that due to the features of my lawn a few additional heads might be required for sufficient coverage -- and if this was the case they would be provided at no additional charge. Several additional heads were added and the original bid was still honored. HTA does not do their own plumbing (to get a line outside of the house) and this was not included in their quote. An estimate for the plumbing was included however and they recommended a specific plumber to use - due to a difficult install in my particular basement we elected to choose a different plumber at a lower cost for this work. Scott worked directly with the plumber we chose to make sure the hookups were done correctly. The workers were very professional while on our property. The work started on time and was completed quickly and on budget. Thy were careful with existing landscape and put everything back the way it was found by the time they were finished. The trenches that were dug for the water lines are barely noticeable. We are very happy with the system that was installed and the work that HTA completed. We would highly recommend this company for irrigation work
- Foster Irrigation IncWe love this company! They are very professional, always prompt, and do great work. They moved three heads (we put in a fence and they needed to be moved) and you would never know they moved them! No mess, no ruined grass, wonderfully done!
- Spartan Irrigation IncHaving financed commercial construction for many years and having built three houses, I'm fairly familiar with the dynamics of construction. Spartan Irrigation did everything right. I contacted them through their website and didn't receive a response right away. When I called to follow-up, a pleasant young woman explained that they had been overwhelmed due to the dry weather. The following week Carl Eggleston, the manager, came out and talked with me. He emailed me an estimate later that afternoon with costs broken down, which enabled me to decide which bells and whistles I wanted to purchase. After receiving the executed form, Carl contacted me to give me a tentative date on which the work would begin. That ended up being pushed back a few days, due to the increased time it has taken to do the work in these dry conditions. Their plumber came out and was pleasant and efficient in doing his part of the work. The workers came out on July 2, 2012 to begin installing the system. They were friendly and pleasant. I've never seen anyone work so hard in the 100 degree temperatures we had that week. My mail carrier had trouble reaching my mailbox and I observed one of the installers taking the mail from her and putting it in my mailbox. They completed the job on the 5th of July. Someone came out to pat down the dirt and overseed a few days later. The following week, Carl came out to show me how to use the controller and picked up flags. Spartan Irrigation set reasonable expectations, communicated with me and explained any changes, followed up and completed the work in a timely manner and were very pleasant to work with. As a single woman, I sometimes run into different attitudes when contracting for work on my home. This was a great experience and my lawn is on it's way to being amazing again!!
- Metro West Outdoor ServicesI called around and these guys had the best price and were local, I like to support local businesses. They were great. On short notice they were able to line my property up to winterize the sprinkler system. They stayed in contact with immediate responses while I waited to confirm timings with a renter of mine. They also let me reschedule same day and stiill worked me into their already busy schedule. Very nice people, they did great work. They even waited an extra 10 min with me while we waited for the renter to arrive to let us in. I'm totally using them again in years to come. Thanks
Irrigation Systems Installers in Okemos
- Business Description:We would love to provide you with quality services to meet your every needs, we have a full builders license and are insured. We specialize in everything construction and everything landscaping. When we do jobs we think of them as our own homes we would love to earn your business and respect, as a company we strive to go above and beyond and do quality work. We have over 10 years experience and pictures to assure you're in good hands and also offer warranties. We want you to experience what q..Recent Review:Professional, courteous, knowledgeable, honest and fair. Very pleased and would not hesitate to recommend or hire again.Jayne M.
- Business Description:TuffTurf Molebusters is affiliated with MNLA (Michigan Nursery & Landscape Association), the National Association of Landscape Professionals, accredited with the BBB (Better Business Bureau), and involved with GreenCare for Troops, but most importantly, we are in a partnership with YOURecent Review:Excellent communication every time they came out. Full documentation of reporting and they caught over 7 moles. We are very pleased and if we see more activity as we live in the woods with 20 acres behind us I would hire them againKaren G.
- Business Description:Since 1970, our family owned and operated company, has been providing our clients with outdoor spaces that are both functional as well as beautiful. Whether you want to update your yard for the summer season or you want your landscape completely redesigned, we can help. Our Certified Green Industry Professionals, will work with you to come up with a cost effective landscape solution that you will love. From brick pavers and walls to water features, plant-scapes and sustainable landscapes, ou..Recent Review:CJ and his crew designed and installed a beautiful front yard landscape comprised of a rock garden with shrubs and trees, ornamental grassDeborah D.
- Business Description:Your Looking for landscaping, Lawn maintenance or snow removal, we are able to help you get your lawn looking beautiful.Recent Review:It was excellent. The price was reasonable and they have excellent equipment. They did an excellent job and they were always on time.Paul P.
- Business Description:Family owned and operated since 1979, licensed with the State of Michigan and fully insured, Todd's Services, Inc. (TSI) specializes in landscaping, retaining walls, brick pavers, hydro-seeding, sprinkler systems and outdoor structures. We are the largest residential landscaper in Michigan, and continue to grow at a rapid pace. Additional address: PO Box 608, Hamburg, MI 48139. Additional e-mail: email@example.comRecent Review:Thank you, Todd’s Services, Inc. for the warranty service performed at my residence. You have always provided a “no-questions-asked” response to the few maintenance items that I requested that you take care of. Your service employees are very professional and friendly, and did an incredible job of repairing the issues and completely cleaning up when completed. I must say that Todd’s Services, Inc is one of Michigan’s premier full-service landscaping services. From the sales and design staff, to the installation crew, and now the maintenance personnel have been a very satisfying and painless experience. I have gotten many complements on my yard, with all of the unique features that you implemented for me. I am glad I put my trust in you, and would not hesitate to call on you for any future workLen G.
- Business Description:Additional address: 6149 Liberty Rd N, Powell, OH 43065.Recent Review:As expected. They arrived and were done very efficientlyJohn J.
- Business Description:As a Multi Year Super Service Award Winner, Custom Lawn Care is a local and family owned company that provides customized lawn care programs and additional services within the Flint, Lansing, Saginaw and surrounding areas since 1988. We try to surpass our customer’s expectations with every application, no matter how much we continue to grow. We treat all lawns with exceptional detail and service both residential and commercial properties throughout Mid-MichiganRecent Review:I've been using Custom Lawn Care for several years. They've always been very professional, courteous and treat me like family. I will continue to use them in the future. However, the real reason for me commenting today is because of their technician Greg Hughes. I recently had a tree come down in my back yard and it did a lot of damage to my lawn. Greg went way out of his way to make sure I understood what needs to be done this Fall and next Spring to make sure my lawn recovers the quickest. I really appreciated the information and education Greg provided. He's definitely a keeper. Well done GregMark F.
- Business Description:Free inspection with written proposal and estimate. Financing available. Real estate transactions and inspection of foundation. Full time employees. Patented, warrantied products. In business since 1981. Additional phone: 866-379-1669Recent Review:It didn't go at all. After several email exchanges where Ayers kept changing the date of my appointment. They changed the date three times, the final time was almost 7 weeks past the first contact. I'd warn others to beware if they need to cancel the first appointmentRobin E.
- Business Description:30 plus employeesRecent Review:October 8, 2019 We started with Great Lakes Landcare in 2018. After prepaying for 7 lawn treatments and 1 mosquito control for the season, we were supposed to receive a free aeration according to GLL's verbal and printed out statement. We only received 5 treatments plus the mosquito control. I cancelled the service only to be talked into keeping it for 4 tree treatments, 1 grub control, 2 crab & weed for grass (1 being free from previous year) and 2 weed & feed for grass, plus we were supposed to get the free aeration from the previous year to be done in September. Just spoke with GLL only to be hung up on by Doug after asking about the free aeration from previous year and saying I wanted to cancel their service for next year. Called back and was told by James that he never said we would get the free aeration this year and it should never have been promised to us for free the previous year (which I have in writing on THEIR contract), and that it's not his (James') problem! "They bent over backwards for us! Go take your business elsewhere!" First of all, GLL did not bend over backwards for us! They only came out for the exact amount of times we paid for; we never asked for anything extra, although I did tell Tim when he applied our last treatment how bad the lawn looked, and our lawn looks horrible! We have more crabgrass than ever and tons of weeds! Not to mention, STILL NOT getting the free aeration we were supposed to receive from the 2018 season! I would have never used their services again if I weren't assured that we would still receive the free aeration from the 2018 season! Waiting for Anthony the owner to call me, but not holding on to much hope that he will! I do NOT recommend using this company. They lie to get your business, lie to try and keep your business, and don't care if you are satisfied with their services! I gave them a second chance, but will NEVER give them another. They definitely don't deserve YOUR business UPATED 10/9/2019 of Work: UPDATE from 10/7/19 Review Text: UPDATE: Anthony (owner) called me yesterday and said we would receive our free aeration tomorrow (today). I was skeptical, but Mark is here doing it now. Showed Mark all paperwork so he could see that we were not fabricating anything; he offered the information that the free aeration was a promotion to match other lawn companies. James LIED saying "that it never should have been promised to us, too bad, not his problem and take your business elsewhere!" Thank you Anthony for calling me back and fulfilling the contract, but if you continue employing people like James and Doug, your company will continue losing customers. I still recommend NOT using this company for your lawn care needsLori S.
- Business Description:Landscape Contractor
Explore our Solution Center for helpful irrigation system installer articles
Harvesting rainwater can be a simple, environmentally friendly way to self-supply your water. But, before choosing to invest in a tank to collect rainwater, learn the pros and cons to gauge if harvesting rainwater is for you.
When shopping for a sprinkler, deciding on the proper sprinkler head for your lawn can maximize your results. Knowing what sprinkler head is best for you will set up your yard for success. Discover what sprinkler will work best for your lawn.
Find lawn irrigation services in
- East Lansing
- Grand Ledge
- Eaton Rapids
lawn irrigation services in Okemos
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- BOYD LANDSCAPING, LLC6480 TYRRELL RD
- BOYD LANDSCAPING, LLC
- Donovan Lawn SprinklersPO Box 1565
- Donovan Lawn Sprinklers
- First Choice Lawn & Snow LLC6196 S Saint Clair Rd
Saint Johns, Michigan
- First Choice Lawn & Snow LLC
- Integrity Lawn Care & More LLC.1803 Maplewood Ave
- Integrity Lawn Care & More LLC.
- JD Backyard Design4561 Grove Ave
- JD Backyard Design
- MultiSeasons Maintenance5955 Highgate Ave
East Lansing, Michigan
- MultiSeasons Maintenance
- VanNeste-Wilson Landscape Nursery7556 W. St. Joe Hwy.
- VanNeste-Wilson Landscape Nursery