Cornerstone Concrete and Contracting

With Angi since January 2011

11245 Stoney Brook Dr

Grand Ledge, MI 48837

We are a concrete and contracting company serving Lansing, Michigan and surrounding communities. At Cornerstone Concrete and Contracting, we specialize in our unique and creative ways to help our customers with their project plans. The owner & president Todd Tarr is on site at every job to offer his over 30 years of expertise to assure your complete satisfaction....

04/20/2022

Anh P.

I was given an estimate and left a deposit of 10% which is $895 on March 20, 2022. About three weeks later I called them on April 12, 2022 about cancelling the job. Todd who answered told me that he need to talk to the foreman and owner about my refund of deposit. At this point we were still a few weeks out of being scheduled or given a date. I emailed them twice and still no reply about my refund. As a business and company this is very unprofessional and a poor business model. I will not be recommending this company to any one I know and would never do business with them again. So buyer please beware! I thought they would be a decent company to do with since they were on Angie list but I guess not. Also no where in their contract or that they mentioned they don’t refund your deposit either.

Description of Work
Redoing a driveway

08/19/2020

Kevin M.

Todd and his crew did an excellent job. They minimized damage to my lawn which pleased me to no end. The communication was very good and the finished work excellent.

Description of Work
Widen Driveway

06/16/2020

Kailee F.

Todd and his crew did a wonderful job and were very accommodating when I had a last minute idea. I liked that the owner was on site the whole time and his crew was very professional, respectful and kind to answer any of my questions. It was the same crew from start to finish, which was nice seeing familiar faces each day.

Description of Work
Prep and install new concrete driveway. Previously had a dirt / gravel driveway.

09/28/2018

Donna H.

It went so well! Todd came out on a Thursday and the following Thursday, we had a great concrete patio where dogs had destroyed the grass by digging and racing out the door. The cost was over $1000 less than a competitor's quote and the job is great.

Description of Work
concrete patio

09/13/2017

Claudia O.

Todd came out right away and gave me an estimate. Within a few days we booked them to do the job and scheduled a date for about a week out. The next day, Todd called and said they could start early if we wanted them to. They came out on Thursday to clear the area and lay the base. The next day they poured the concrete, and left cones and stakes in place for a week, then removed them and finished cleanup. Price was reasonable, work was performed ahead of schedule and everything went smoothly. Would hire again.

Description of Work
We needed an extra parking area added to our driveway to accomodate all of our vehicles.

09/06/2017

Robert I.

Excellent service, fair price, personal attention by company management.

Description of Work
New garage floor and driveway

06/12/2016

DAVID B.

The highest bid is not always the best bid. I went with conerstone because it was the highest bid. There should of been a red flag when he didn't show up the 1st 2 time. They hit several sprinkler lines with out notifying me. the job took almost 2 weeks when it should have taken 3 days. My front yard was tore up from there buggy to mover the concrete. They didn't have exactly what I wanted as a stamp. The quality and workmanship is sloppy and poorly done, and was done all in one poor and colored afterward (short cuts). I didn't feel I should have to pay the full amount but getting any money off was like pulling teeth, I barely recoup my cost of materials to fix the sprinkler lines

Description of Work
Stamped concrete patio

Category stamped concrete

A contractor is often not aware of hitting a buried sprinkler line until the system is turned on. Since there was damage, $400.00 was retained for the customer. It is not uncommon for a decorative stamped concrete job to take over a week due to the many steps involved. The customer was offered a selection of stamp prints and chose the one used. A power buggy was used to transport the concrete to the back yard which knocked the grass down but left no ruts. Our company always tries to exceed customer expectations and feedback can be useful.

03/17/2016

Jeffrey D.

Did an alright job. Not the greatest finish, and cracked.

Description of Work
Did an alright job. Not the greatest finish, and cracked.

Category concrete repair

We do not have records providing service to this address. We have addressed this with Angies list to see what company you may have used.

11/09/2015

John V.

Work started and finished close to schedule - hampered a little by weather. Did a great job. Carefully set the water drainage pattern and excavated to ensure water would run off properly. Best job of drainage control I have ever seen a contractor do. Resulting work looks great and drains perfectly as designed.

Description of Work
Cut and removed some existing cement slabs. Designed and poured a cement patio.

10/26/2015

Tom A.

Went well price was lowest of 4 quotes, worked hard, was firm and accurate on dates, worked job until completion.

Description of Work
Concrete Slab, 4 inch poor... plus light grading to level for basketball court

Category concrete repair, landscaping

09/08/2015

Harvey G.

Todd Tarr, who owns Cornerstone Concrete, was very professional, knowledgeable, willing to build the site as I wanted, not as the job is customarily done, and he and his workers were careful, thorough, and efficient. I was very pleased with the outcome and recommend this provider without hesitation.

Description of Work
Cornerstone Concrete broke up and removed my back patio concrete, prepared the ground for new concrete, installed sand, base, compacted it, put wire caging on the site, poured the concrete, poured concrete steps to my specs, installed color in the new concrete mix, cut joints into the new concrete, and put two coats of sealer on the concrete

09/07/2015

Sandra B.

I am very happy with the work they did. They were very conscientious and did a great job. I referred a friend to them and they replaced her whole driveway and sidewalk. She is also very happy with their work. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced a section of the driveway and sidewalk, built flower beds in front of garage, and replaced stone on the front of the house.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, landscaping

04/03/2015

Nora M.

I called to get a cement estimate and got a rather unresponsive and uninterested person on the line. When I asked for a quote he gave me a cost per square foot and that's it. No explaination about different mixes....stamping...joints etc. I even asked if he was interested in my job and he said yes. But then he told me to do measurements and then do the math myself. Terrible phone persona. All other contractors that I called came to my site and gave me free estimates and piched for the work. This guy was a total slug. One of the worst greetings I ever received when calling to get information.

Description of Work
Did not hire this company.

Category concrete repair

We are sorry this was your experience. I can assure you we are interested in helping you get all of the information you are looking for. Thank you for your feedback, we will use this to continue to make improvements in the company. Sincerely, Patty Tarr,

01/21/2015

Thomas S.

It went very well. Cornerstone actually came in with the highest bid among three contractors, but I was impressed with the detail of their bid and the wire mesh reinforcement that was to be installed prior to pouring the concrete. They showed up when promised and completed the work as bid in a timely fashion. When I called to report that they had not yet filled in the sides of the new driveway with topsoil as promised in the contract, they apologized and came out the very next morning to fill in the topsoil. There were no surprise charges in the final bill. I waited on providing my review to give the driveway time to settle and react to normal use. I am pleased to report that there has been no cracking or other apparent flaws in the finished work. Nor has there been any leaking of sand from under the concrete. I gave Cornerstone a B on price, since they were the highest bid, but, considering the good results so far, they may be entitled to an A.

Description of Work
Tore out and replaced the concrete driveway leading to our three-car garage.

10/06/2014

Krista H.

He spent time talking with us and figuring out what we needed. He suggested a solution for us that better met our needs and was less expensive. He was tricky to get ahold of at first. Once we signed the contract, everything moved quickly. He completed the job quickly, working every day. He started right when he said he would. A few minor issues on clean up. The work looks good. We were very pleased and will use him again.

Description of Work
He built a patio in the backyard. He replaced an old retaining wall. He removed an old retaining wall and turned it into a hill.

Category concrete repair, patios

08/22/2014

Jan O.

Todd never showed up for the scheduled appointment, and never called to explain why he didn't show up. No one from the company has contacted us since then with any explanation as to why Todd left us sitting here waiting for him to show (today is 8/22/14). Not a particularly good way to do business in our opinion, especially considering Cornerstone's competitors were far more willing to follow up on giving us estimates for the work, so we scratched them off our list and have gone with a different company to replace our driveway.

Description of Work
We called them on Friday, 8/1/14 and left a message asking to be contacted regarding replacement of our driveway. The following Wednesday afternoon (8/6/14) Todd from the company called and we set up an appointment for him to come out to our house that Saturday, 8/9/14, at 6:00 PM so we could talk and he could give us an estimate. (This slow response to our message was the first clue about things to come - we also contacted two other companies about appointments and both responded far more quickly to our call - one responded the same day, the other the following day.)

Category concrete repair

I am truly sorry for this situation and the frustration it has caused. Todd's phone broke and your contact information was lost. Todd strives to have excellent communication and is disappointed this has happened. We apologize again for any inconveniences this has caused you.

06/22/2014

Jeanine A.

Everything went great. Todd was on time and had a very competitive rates. He called me before I had to call him to make sure dates and times for project were ready. The day that my drive was to be poured I was worried because of the chance of rain, but it wasn't an issue. Great job all around!

Description of Work
I had a new driveway poured.

10/13/2013

Gail P.

Overall the work was excellent. They were on time and efficient. The final product was excellent. The only complaint we had was with the restoration. The crew left form nails in the yard, which could have been dangerous if we hadn't seen them before mowing the lawn. Also the topsoil placed for restoration along the edges of the driveway was not compacted very well and washed out when it rained. Todd is easy to work with. My only recommendation to him would be to either be more available via e-mail or be able to text. We spent some time playing phone tag with questions that could have been answered easily via text message.

Description of Work
Todd and his crew removed our old driveway, sidewalk and front step. They then poured new ones. They also replaced some trim on the front of our house that had been damaged by water.

09/17/2013

Howard W.

Todd and his crew showed up when he said they would and did an excellent job on all phases. Gave me exactly what I was looking for. I would recommend him to anyone looking for stamped concrete job.

Description of Work
formed, poured, and stamped new walkway approach to the front of the house, about 43 feet.

Category stamped concrete

05/29/2013

James W.

Todd and his crew did an excellent job all around. The removal of the existing walk went very smoothly with minimal disturbance to the surrounding lawn and flower beds. They did a very neat job of placing the forms, sand base and reinforcing bars. The pouring of the concrete also went very smoothly, and Todd's estimate of the amount of concrete was perfect--only half a wheelbarrow load left over. I was most impressed with the excellent job of finishing and scoring the crew did. Silverio and Allen were extremely thorough and perfectionistic in this very important phase of the project. The cleanup was excellent. They hosed off the driveway and the next day removed the forms and replaced the sod strips that had been removed along the edge of the walk. These last two steps were done on a Sunday evening, which shows what hard workers they are. The job was done promptly, they came on time when promised and worked late to finish up. We could not have expected a better finished result!

Description of Work
Cornerstone removed our existing 18-year old concrete front walk (72 feet) and step because it was cracked in several places and very uneven due to tree roots and settling. The brick step had separated from the front stoop due to settling. They then poured a new concrete front walk and step.

04/29/2013

Tim H.

They were on time and did a very professional job. The cost was the same as the estimate. We were very pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
Cornerstone replaced a section of sidewalk and driveway apron that had cracked and sunk a couple of years after work was done by another contractor.

02/25/2013

Robert W.

It went well. We signed the agreement on Monday the 10th and all work was completed on the 12th. Cornerstone's estimate was in the middle of the group but they provided the most (inserted steel rebar in existing driveway slab to keep both level, other items and explanations of the processes) quality for the money. Very satisfied, highly recommended.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced a section of driveway and installed a concrete pad in back of the garage for a utility area, etc.

02/23/2013

Mark G.

We had issues getting anyone to do anything with the way the porch and stairs were originally set up and the quotes we did receive were quite high. Todd's price was quite reasonable so we also had him quote us on replacing the retaining wall that was leaning (old brick and mortar but it wasn't properly done and was leaning and cracked where water had tried to escape.) The quote to do the stairs, regrading near the house and the retaining wall was less than the other quotes we had received. It looks fantastic. The work took about two weeks total but it rained a couple of the days. We had them come back in September to clean up an old garden and take out some railroad ties that were there. They also seeded it with grass and it looks so much nicer. There was a miscommunication on which small tree to cut down (they should have asked us specifically which tree we wanted taken down,) and they cut down a dogwood instead. Todd promptly replaced the tree so even though a mistake was made, he made it right.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced front concrete stairs. Removed and replaced a large retaining wall. Also did a touch up on the brick wall where prior owners had backed into. Had them come back a second time to clean and seed a garden area and to remove some small trees.

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

08/31/2012

xinran X.

Cornerstone Concrete and Contracting did a quick and clean job. After seeing their work, one of my neighbors hired them for a similar project.

Description of Work
Driveway extension

Category concrete driveways, hardscaping

07/23/2012

james K.

job was about 2 days long and the guys were very pleasent and nice,did a great job, will definately call on again for any landscape or concret work.

Description of Work
the company came in and re-landscaped the backyard and poured a 14 x 14 concret slab for a shed, owner went into great detail with us so the job was done right.

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

Armored Roofing & Construction

Armored Roofing & Construction is a family-owned company in Michigan that is founded on the principles of craftsmanship and quality. We have decades of experience and if it does not have to do with fortifying your home with world class quality, we don’t do it! Armored is your strongest partner in construction.

Spencer Landscaping

Landscaping services Hard scapes Soft scapes Mowing Pruning Gutter clean up Weed whipping Edging Mulch work Flower bed clean up or repair Designing flower beds Plowing Shoveling Salting Sooooo many more things

Prestige Landscape & Design LLC

Prestige Landscape and Design is dedicated to providing outstanding landscape projects for our customers, utilizing innovative design and quality installation. We are focused entirely on landscape design and construction, offering over forty years of experience in all aspects of the landscape field including paver patios, retaining walls, water features, gardens, new landscapes and landscape rehabilitation. Our mission is to maximize and enhance the use, living space and value of our customer's property. Real estate appraisers know that a pleasing landscape can increase property values significantly. "Curb appeal" is considered to be one of the most important factors in selling a home.

Decorative concrete. Residential concrete. Retainer walls. Landscaping & general contracting. Driveways. Sidewalks. Basements. Patios. Porches. Steps. Retainer walls.