If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Get matched with top moving companies in Jackson, MI
There are 21 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Jackson
- Kingsley Moving Systems LLCKingsley Movers we’re easy to get a hold of and schedule the move. They also thoroughly explain the process and how the charges were calculated. The Movers were on time and worked quickly but carefully. The workers were friendly and out the customer’s desires and care of furniture and house surfaces front and center. Would definitely hire again
- Kingsley Moving Systems LLCIt was a positive experience from the moment I called for a quote to scheduling and having 3 young men packing and delivering our furniture and boxes to our new home out of the area. All 3 were very pleasant, kind and professional as well as enjoyable to talk with. I would hire them again. Thank you
- Kingsley Moving Systems LLCThe move went well. The office called me within half an hour of the scheduled time to let me know there had been a delay because of a staffing issue. When the movers arrived, they were professional and competent. I have used Kingsley Moving Services before and will use them again if I move within their service area. Their rates are a little more than half those of Two Men and a Truck
- Kingsley Moving Systems LLCBeginning with the first call to Kingsley, we were asked a series of questions to help them assess what resources they would need in order to move us. The questions alone helped us get started mentally organizing our actions packing and preparing. A price estimate was given and it was amazingly close to the actual cost. They followed up with a detailed list of how to prepare, recommendations for making things smoother (label items to clarify which room they go to, for example), what to expect and the list even addressed tipping the movers (yes, it’s OK!). There was no confirmation email or phone call 1-2 days prior, as many other companies/ retail stores/ delivery people do. As promised, on the day of the move, the guys and their truck arrived on time and asked for a walk through of the house to see exactly what was to be moved. We had the unique challenge to them of swapping out refrigerators and gas ranges, requiring them to go back and forth between the old and new homes, luckily only 1/2 mile apart. The workers then came up with an efficient solution to minimize their work and time for the swap. They moved 2 dining room tables and 12 chairs, a king bedroom set, golf clubs, bicycles, sofa bed, 2 massive wooden hutches, and many very heavy boxes. The entire job took 7 hours and they made sure we knew when they took 2 10-minute breaks. The workers answered every question we had during the move, were friendly and extremely hard-working, took delicate care of all our personal furniture and property and were enjoyable to work with. Their practice is to wrap furniture with plastic (like shrink-wrapping) that is likely to flop around or drawers to open. We loved that added protection. When they were nearly done, we ordered lunch from a local restaurant and treated them to the meal of their choice which they ate after leaving. It was a painless, great experience and we’ve already recommended Kingsley Moving Systems to friends and family
- Kingsley Moving Systems LLCMove went extremely well. Louis and Frank were professional and took care with furnishings. This required a 2 day move and truck arrived when expected. I would not hesitate to use this company again or refer to friends.
- Kingsley Moving Systems LLCWonderful! Lois and JD were wonderful. Timely, expedient, careful and very professional. Very well worth the money.
- Kingsley Moving Systems LLCWe were very happy with Kingsley’s services. They were very competitively priced, arrived promptly on moving day, and treated our belonging with respect. The move went beautifully. Staff was pleasant to work with. I’d definitely recommend them to others.
- Kingsley Moving Systems LLCIt went great both of the men were polite, friendly and very considerate of my things. I would highly recommend them.
- Kingsley Moving Systems LLCGreat!! Their guys did an excellent job and were very professional. We will be using them again in a few weeks for our final move.
- MASS MoversThey were excellent, quick, and professional. This was my best moving experience. I'm recommending Mass to everyone.
Movers in Jackson
- Business Description:Established in 2016. Our talented team of background checked workers, work hard everyday to provide the best service to our clients. We customize our services based on your specific needs. We see the head ache first hand and take it away from you by providing professional, efficient, organized service. Because at the end of it all...."Its your move.Recent Review:The guys did a great job, very professional and hard working.trisha h.
- Business Description:Rest assured that your possessions are in capable hands when you select Kingsley Moving Systems. LLC of Lansing, MI for your moving needs. With our help, you’ll soon enjoy the comforts of your new home or business location without having to lift a single box. Kingsley Moving Systems. LLC has a reputation as a full-service company that combines quality performance with affordable rates to meet your moving needs. Commercial or residential, we provide personal and dependable services. Give us a ..Recent Review:Kingsley Moving communicated well from the very beginning. Their team of three were punctual and considerate professionals - they made everything easy. Our contents included antiques, musical instruments (upright bass and piano) and heavy marble countertops -everything was handled with care and forethought. Even the truck was neat as a pin. I would recommend Kingsley Moving to anyoneDavid K.
- Business Description:O'Sullivan Moving & Storage Company is a family owned and operated business, serving all points in Michigan since 1982. We are full-service moving company that is licensed and insured. Here at O'Sullivan Moving & Storage Company we pride ourselves on being professional and courteous from the office to the road. Our goal is to keep our customers satisfied and have your move go as smoothly as possible. We understand that moving can be a very hectic and stressful time for you, and that is why we..Recent Review:We are senior citizens and we recently used O'Sullivan Moving & Storage for a little more than a 10 mile move across Oakland County. We've made quite a few moves over the years, so we've worked with different moving companies, but this was the first time with O'Sullivan. WOW!! They were incredible! Three men, Wali, Jamawl, and Larry, were our movers. They were outstanding! We have a 7 foot dining table that is solid stainless covered with glass. We didn't think ANYONE would be able to move that table. Wali disassembled our leather sofa in order to get it down a narrow staircase and then reassembled it. We didn't even know that was possible. They wrapped everything, took the utmost care with our stuff, and they did it all so fast we couldn't believe they were done. Needless to say we highly recommend O'Sullivan and, if it's possible to get the same team of Wali, Jamawl, and Larry, we highly recommend them. From our experience, they will be friendly, not a lot of small talk, but they are super professional. And the price was very reasonable to boot. They deserve five stars plus. - D ELLISODon E.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:I'm going to start out by saying I'm no stranger to cross country moves (I've moved to Hawaii from Kentucky, Ohio from Hawaii, and Ohio to Florida). I've done it three times and this will be my fourth permanent move. If I could give negative stars I would. The whole point of my post is so someone doesn't have the same thing happen to them as it did me. First I had called several companies for quotes and they gave me the one. Around 1K less than any other company. So I booked with them. It was explained to me my belongings would arrive 14-21 days however, most customers received their home goods closer to 14. We specifically chose a week and half earlier pack date so when I arrived in Vegas my belongings should be shortly behind me. I was fully aware it could take the 21 days total. Move day comes. The movers arrive 4 hours early which was great. They were professional. They did say the gentleman on the phone underestimated my cubic feet however. The price went up by a little over 1K. I was slightly confused to how this could be considering my belongings were in storage units with exact dimensions. However, I went forward as once they are there to pack and I had flown in (I'm a health care first responder working with Covid) I was almost at their mercy as I was on an extremely tight schedule. When the price did go up the moving company told me they had to get preapproval for the new price and would call them. I was assuming "them" was APT. The packing went without a hitch and during that time I was given many papers to fill out. One of which had first delivery date. It was NEVER explained to me by marking a date (because I was told to fill everything out in it's entirety) it would DELAY my move until THAT date. I unknowingly put down the first day that would be best for me which was the day after my arrival to Vegas. I should clarify Moving APT only contracts out moving companies they themselves do not move your belongings. They are what was referenced as a shadow company. So let's fast forward to 11am the original move time. T. Shields called from Moving APT. She was quite surprised the company was already there. She also didn't know they had increased the price. Now my belongings were already on the truck and there was two trips left to have everything moved. The manager on site spoke with her and to my understanding everything was resolved. It was not. T. Shields calls back to inform me her price was also going up as the company gets money as well even though this WAS NOT told to me when I signed the new paperwork. My new cost was 2K total in price. Making a 4K move now a 6K move. She told me I could speak with whom I wanted but she would be calling back to get the rest of the money. Also might I add when she called back she did reduce what the movers had quoted because they over priced their packing materials used. I explained to her in no way was I ever told about this. And I had assumed the phone call earlier was to them. The movers had left at this point and she was surprised they were gone. She told me I should have called to which that was never explained to me and when the manager on-site had called "them" it was not Moving APT but their company. Remember they contract out. So now Ive called for an update to see if my home goods have left the warehouse. I have zero response for over 48 hours despite being told each day I called that I'd have an update by end of the working day. So today I get an update and since I put down October 5 as my first available date my move starts TODAY. So now I'm at the 14-21 day window. I told them again NO ONE explained this to me. To which their reply was well it kinda is what it is. For those of you who don't want to read: 1. Don't pick them. They are poor with communication and my move went up by 2K on pack day. 2. My move dates was completely misquoted and they do not explain anything to you. 3. They contract other moving companies. Find them and book directly with them. It will save you a lot of headacheSarah S.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:EXCELLENT! The process from start to finish was spectacular and highly professional. They packed up our entire home (approx 1500 sq ft) and drove it 2200 miles to our new home, unloaded and helped to set up furniture (bedroom sets etc). Chad and Garrett were very attentive to detail, extremely careful with the packing and unloading, and absolutely trustworthy. USE THEMPATTI A. S.
- Business Description:For Long-distance piano & organ moving. We generally do not handle local moving outside of the metro St. Louis, MO area. Local #: (573) 860-6683. Additional emails: General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; Sales Manager: email@example.com; Accounting: firstname.lastname@example.org; Dispatch Manager: email@example.com; Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org , In case of emergency contact Russ at 314-568-688Recent Review:The woman in the office who scheduled the move and took care of all the documents was extremely helpful and friendly. My apartment building is very strict and she worked over the weekend to ensure I had the proper COI. The men who delivered my piano were very professional and efficient. I am a petite woman and was alone when they delivered the piano and felt very comfortable with them thereWhitney K.
- Business Description:Moving and Storage Service. We provide a high level of service tailored to your needs. Local and Interstate Moving. In-House Moving. Storage and Warehousing. Packing and Loading Services.
- Business Description:YOUR CARS JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH ONE STEP. Parker Auto Transport is a small family owned business that takes pride in our customer service. We offer personalized quotes at the best possible rates for each customer. As an owner operator we know what it takes to get your car moved. We serve as your professional, reliable service for auto transports — standard car transports and exotic car transport services. You have come to the right place. We are dependable and reliable! Get ..Recent Review:MJ Parker Auto Transport moved 3 of my cars cross country and I highly recommend them. The transporter appeared to be brand new and the driver communicated very well and was precisely on time. Generally I believe most major transport companies will do a good job moving your cars from point A to B. However it's the really great companies that stand out on the rare occasion that things don't go quite as well as expected. One of our cars had some minor damage when we received it. This is going to happen occasionally with any company that moves a lot of cars. I didn't really know what to expect when I called MJ Parker to report the damage, but I was extremely pleased with their response. There was no hemming and hawing around, they took full responsibility and really did a lot more than I'd anticipated to make things right. I dealt with Rolando and he was truly awesome. He even had one of his drivers, that happened to live in the area I'd relocated to, contact me and helped see me through the repair process. There was no haggling over the repair cost and, once completed, Rolando ensured prompt payment. I am truly impressed with the way MJ Parker handled this incident and believe this reflects highly on their business philosophy and customer focusJOHN L.
- Business Description:Welcome Home Moving Services strives every day to provide you the highest quality moving services in the industry. We are an honest and diligent company with only the most experienced movers. We have inherited a continued work ethic that we live by here at Welcome Home Moving Services. It is our promise to provide you, our customers with superior and professional moving services and top-rated customer service. We are directly affiliated with only A-rated carriers which gives us the best prici..Recent Review:Jerome and Adam from J & Z Moving were great. They had my stuff loaded quickly and all of the furniture fit through the doors without being broken down.Amanda T.
Deals in Jackson for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
You’ve amassed quite the collection of valuables, and you’d like to keep it that way. Boxing up delicate items requires a steady hand and a full-proof plan. Use these tips to learn how to pack fragile items for your next move.
Find moving companies in
- Spring Arbor
- Michigan Center
- Rives Junction
- Pleasant Lake
- Grass Lake
- Cement City
moving companies in Jackson
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Aaffordable Movers524 south rosemary st
- ABF U Pack Moving841 Kim Dr
- ACI Transport Inc.320 W 9 Mile Rd
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- All-Star Movers2923 Ashton Ridge Dr #16
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- AMBASSADORS MOVING & SHIPPING12325 Acadamy Rd.
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- Aaffordable Movers
- Fast Motion Auto Transport700 Louisiana St. Suite 3950
- Fast Motion Auto Transport
- Grey Wolf Moving
- Grey Wolf Moving
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- Kingsley Moving Systems LLC610 Detroit St
- Kingsley Moving Systems LLC
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- MASS Movers4709 Devonshire Ave
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- Mindful Home Transitions111 S Lafayette St
South Lyon, Michigan
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Morse Moving & Storage10049 Harrison Ste 500
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Mansion Movers
- Parker Auto Transport LLC793 N Alma School Rd
- PERFECTION MOVING CO1091 Milbrook Rd.
- Personal Professional Services3914 Cambridge Ct
- PODS Moving and Storage5646 Commerce St
- PODS Moving and Storage1800 Mitchell St
- PODS Moving and Storage1709 Thompson St
- Premier Relocations LLC45200 Grand River Avenue
- Prime Relocation and UP MiniMovers352 US 41 E
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC555 8th Ave
New York, New York
- Professional Moving Service3444 Northlands Ave
- Parker Auto Transport LLC
- Ramshackle, LLC3180 Sparks Rd
- Ramshackle, LLC
- Your Friends - Moving Services708 E. Grand River Avenue Suite D
- Your Friends - Moving Services