My Handyman of Ann Arbor, Saline, and Chelsea

Founded 2001 • With Angi since December 2012

Welcome to My Handyman where professional, safe, reliable handyman service for your entire "To Do" list is just one call away. With more 20 years in business, that's why local residents choose our professional handymen, who specialize in ALL major and minor home repairs over an independent handyman. Rather than calling a specialist to patch drywall and hiring handyman help for rain gutter repair, our neighbors consistently choose us for quality work that's "On time. Done right.®" We understand your growing "To Do" list can feel overwhelming at times. This along with busy work schedules makes commitments to family and community difficult. We also understand you're invested in the local area. You may even own a local business in the area. Let My Handyman help with your business maintenance and repairs. After all, this helps your company's image and value. Drop that hammer. Let My Handyman help. As the local handyman choice, we thank our local community for trusting America's most reliable, insured and bonded handyman services....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+79 more images

Deck Staining Projects

Deck Staining Projects

deck cleaning
Staining makes a huge difference! Here are a few photos of decks we have stained. Many have before and after shots!

4.3

handyman (56)drywall (12)electrician (11)interior painting (10)door installation (6)home remodeling (6)plumbers (6)cabinet makers (5)woodworking (4)lighting (4)flooring (4)general contractors (4)

10/29/2021

Ryan K.

This is the second time we have used My Handyman of Ann Arbor for home projects and couldn't be happier with the results. Kirk installed 3 new lights in our kitchen, he was professional and finished in just a few hours. Great job and we will be hiring My Handyman of Ann Arbor again for sure!

Description of Work
light installation

Category dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 10/29/2021

Review for My Handyman of Ann Arbor, Saline, and Chelsea - 8186 Jackson Rd. Suite E, Ann Arbor, MI - 39526046

02/18/2021

John L.

After posting our job on Angie's List. We were contacted by Jeston of Handyman of Ann Arbor. He arrived at our residence that afternoon and provided us with a quote and time line for completion of the job. The job was completed as promised and we are extremely pleased with the outcome. Jeston worked closely with us to answer all questions and explain the process and time frame to complete the project.

Description of Work
Drywall repair throughout the house and garage.

Category drywall, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

02/15/2021

Ryan K.

We hired My Handyman of Ann Arbor to install subway tile for a 35 square ft area on a wall in our kitchen. Service Professional Kirk W. was on time, friendly, explained the process while working on this 2 day project. It turned our AMAZING and much better then if I would of attempted to do it myself. Absolutely worth the cost as it adds such new character to our kitchen. Thanks My Handyman!

Description of Work
Fantastic work!

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

Review for My Handyman of Ann Arbor, Saline, and Chelsea - 8186 Jackson Rd. Suite E, Ann Arbor, MI - 39198662

09/09/2020

Nancy C.

Great! Work was completed in a safe and professional manner.

Description of Work
furniture assembly

Category custom cabinets, handyman service

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

09/05/2020

Kelly S.

I received no response at all—not even we are busy or your job is too small. Just nothing.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Category custom cabinets, drywall

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

07/31/2020

Peter H.

The employee that came to my home did an excellent job and I have no problems with him and would have him out anytime. My issue is with scheduling. They told me when I made my appointment over the phone that someone would be out to my house between 2pm and 4pm. The day before the visit, I received a text saying that someone would be at my home between 2pm and 4pm. At 12:50pm I hopped in the shower to get ready. After I'm done getting ready, I see that there's a voicemail on my cellphone. I listen to the voicemail and a gentleman says, hi this is Loren. You are on my schedule for 1pm for some repairs in your home and I'm ringing the doorbell and no one is answering. At this point it's 1:20pm. So Loren has now left. I called My Handyman back to ask what was going on. They said Loren will call you right back. 30 mins goes by and nothing. I called My Handyman back again and the representative says he's headed back to your house to be there at 2pm. I said to the guy on the phone, I though you told me he was going to call me back and I was waiting for the call getting worried. Loren showed up at 2pm and he showed me where it said on his tablet that I was scheduled for 1pm. I don't understand how you can tell the client 2pm to 4pm but tell the employee 1pm. They need to get their scheduler fixed because I almost missed my appointment. If you tell the client 2pm to 4pm then you have to stick to that, or you tell the client there is a possibility that he could arrive up to an hour earlier. Luckily I was just at home in the shower and I hadn't driven a ways away.

Description of Work
Repair of trim in two places in the basement

Category custom cabinets

Cost $385.95

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

10/13/2019

Dianne B.

Great! My Handyman was the best... professional job and very friendly

Description of Work
flooring on bathroom

Category flooring contractor, handyman service

Work Completed On 10/13/2019

10/09/2019

Rob C.

Brad did an excellent job. Will be using him again.

Description of Work
Drywall sanding painting

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/08/2019

07/19/2019

Ronald S.

Extremely satisfied. All work was executed in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner.

Description of Work
Repair gutter that separated from house and installed new vent kit for dryer.

Work Completed On 07/19/2019

04/18/2019

Fonda H.

Craig arrived earlier than expected (I appreciated his promptness) and completed the projects I needed done in the time indicated. I had used a special 2 hours of handyman service. I had had four (4) suggested companies to my original inquiry, and only MY HANDYMAN responded. Maybe my small items were too small for other companies, but I got exactly what a single woman needs, someone to do those things she can not door. I have their card and will use them again. While here Craig provided answers to a few questions I had and gave me solutions I can follow up on.

Description of Work
replace a kitchen cabinet door; fix the drain on my pidistal sinck; repaired a bookcase; fixed a loose lamp socket; repaired a bi-fold closet door; installed a kick-plate at bottom of kitchen cabinet;

Work Completed On 04/18/2019

Thank you for your review! I will pass your kind words onto Craig. We look forward to working with you again.

12/31/2018

Richard H.

Quick and excellent drywall and paint work. Thanks.

Description of Work
Repair several ceiling holes after charging station installation

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/31/2018

09/03/2018

sue S.

Everything went well. The technician came on time and was efficient. There were no problems or hassles

Description of Work
Touch up painting, minor electrical work and fix loose door

Category electrician, handyman service, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/03/2018

10/04/2017

Jeremy C.

Went very well and they did a really good job of explaining all of the steps, ways to mitigate any issues and how to get everything needed ahead of time.

Description of Work
Installed new Entry door and screen door, bluetooth locks, Ring doorbell and NEST thermostat.

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

10/02/2017

Sandy K.

Quite expensive for the work completed. Charged by the hour. Next time would hire by the job, not by the hour.

Description of Work
Small 1500' home, wanted it power (pressure) washed

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

09/13/2017

Jung-Eun L.

They charged me $450 for giving me an estimate for a dry wall repair and providing me some materials without getting any work done. If you have lots of money to waste, go ahead and hire them.

Description of Work
Dry wall repair

Work Completed On 08/21/2017

We earn a bad review from time to time and we will fall on our sword and admit our faults, but we take exception when a review fails to disclose all the facts. This customer contacted us with concerns about some damaged drywall and potential mold issues. We explained we would need to come out and remove some of the ceiling to assess the damage before we could give her any kind of estimate. We explained we have a 1 hour minimum and the customer agreed to have us come out and assess the situation. The Technician arrived the first visit, cut out a section of the ceiling, gave the customer an idea of cost, and the customer scheduled a return visit to repair the damage. The day of service, the Technician purchased materials in route to the condo. The Technician arrived at the condo, unloaded the materials, and started working. An hour later. the maintenance man from the condo showed up and informed the client the condo was responsible for the damage and would make the repairs. The customer had the Technician stop working and agreed to pay for the time he spent working and the materials that had been purchased. We did not earn an "F" review in this case. We did everything the customer asked and were very clear about our rates and minimums. Our Technician spent about 2-3 hours on this job including assessment of the damage, procuring materials, and the work he started before being stopped by the maintenance staff. The client did let us know she had been persistent with the community staff for almost a year to get the ceiling fixed and she was putting the condo on the market and could not wait any longer. We got caught in the middle of the issue between the condo staff and the client, lost two days of work, the subsequent revenue, and get stuck with a review that could cost us a Super Service Award. It is unfortunate how easy it is for someone to slander a reputable company on the public internet.

08/14/2017

Sarah W.

Great. Excellent job. Very tidy. IVery professional, prompt and efficient. A bit pricey at $200 for the 45 minute job, but did exactly what was needed and hopefully will be another 15 years before I need it again!

Description of Work
Excellent job. Very tidy. I needed a ceiling fan cleaned up and rebalanced and had difficulty finding someone to do it. It was in a vaulted ceiling, so I could not reach it myself. Very professional, prompt and efficient. A bit pricey at $200 for the 45 minute job, but did exactly what was needed and hopefully will be another 15 years before I need it again!

Work Completed On 08/02/2017

08/10/2017

MARTIN S.

Excellent workmanship and cleanup...It was a little pricey for a retired person. I used the $50.00 coupon from Handyman and it was still $604.00 dollars. I will admitt to quality workmanship and coomunication throughout the job..

Description of Work
I had a Larson replacement door intalled as well as a mail box. The job was close to 4 and 1/2 hous for removal and replacement of the door. The mailbox took five minutes to remove the old on and replace the new one.

Work Completed On 08/10/2017

06/26/2017

Reza R.

The basement needed to be completely redone with the electrical. Previous owner did a horrible job that left the house unsafe. Phil came in, very friendly and polite, and did all the work far and beyond what i expected. He went over everything with me, didnt mind if I was around to ask questions, and enjoyed normal conversation outside work. By far, this is company, exceeded my expectations and will be my point of contact when anything with the house comes up.

Description of Work
Electrical redone in the basement and garage.

Work Completed On 06/26/2017

06/16/2017

Alison C.

Matt did a good job except the old bridge was not taken away.

Description of Work
Had the deck power-washed and had a bridge over a creek in the back yard put together. Also disassembled the old bridge. He was to dispose of the old bridge, but said he couldn't fit it into his van but someone would come the next morning to pick up. They never came.

Category handyman service, pressure washing, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/16/2017

05/01/2017

Marcia F.

The work was completed in a timely manner but took longer than originally quotes. This was due to the age of the home and additional supplies needed and not reflective of the worker. The quality of work was superior and the professionalism of both the handyman and owner exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
We had a variety of work that needed to be completed. Plumbing for kitchen sink, disposal and dishwasher; plumbing for bar sink; installation of 2 toilets; door slab installation (3 doors); shower door installation

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 03/15/2017

Thank you very much for the review and appreciate your understanding of the challenges presented by an older home.

05/01/2017

Gregory J.

It went very well. They were professional, punctual and efficient.

Description of Work
New drywalling in the basement after a leak was fixed, mounting a new vanity light in the master bathroom, recaulking the master bath shower, and fixing a leaking shower faucet.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review. We look forward to working with you again.

02/24/2016

Kathleen C.

I called on January 8 and scheduled the work for January 13. Arrival time was between 8:00-8:30 am, and the electrician knocked on my door at 8:05 am. He installed the fans, cleaned up, took the old fans and boxes to my garage for later garbage pickup, and made sure I saw how everything worked. Then he removed the cable in about 10 minutes. I was very satisfied with the work and the professionalism. I called three other places, and the price quoted by My Handyman was about the same as the others. I used this company about a year ago for something other than electrical work, and I would use them again.

Description of Work
They removed an outside cable that a previous satellite provider had left dangling. Also replaced two ceiling fans.

Work Completed On 01/13/2016