If you have cracks in your concrete driveway, find out how to avoid scams and get the best contractor for your project. Learn the basics of driveway repair and the best practices in getting quotes so that your repairs can move forward seamlessly.
Get matched with top concrete contractors in North Monmouth, ME
There are 5 highly-rated local concrete contractors.
Recent Concrete Repair Reviews in North Monmouth
- Mid-South ConcreteI called Oswaldo and he took the job on short notice and squeezed me into his schedule. His communication was great - he kept me apprised of when he might fit me in and how long the job would take. He and his crew showed up when they said they would. The driveway looks good. I would definitely hire them again
- All Season Home Improvement CoI have nothing but the highest praise for All Season. All the crews were polite and professional and hard working. They brought it all together on time and with no snags. We are very very happy with All Season Home Improvement Co.
- InterCoastal Concrete & Waterproofing IncThe first challenge was deciding if we should do an inside fix or and outside fix. Intercoastal gave us great advice and an honest assesment of what really needed to be done. He said our drainage system was fine, we just needed to find where the pipe that it connected to drained to daylight. I had already spent weeks trying to do this same thing, but he found it on his first visit (it ended up being across the street in my neighbor's yard). Because it was not our property, we could not dig it up there to fix it so again, Intercoastal gave us great advice and suggested we just rerun the pipe into a drainage area in our own yard. This was the perfect fix and it has drained BEAUTIFULLY ever since. The company owner's wife was a GREAT communicator letting us know when they work would be done. The guys who actually did the work were great as well. They did alot of digging onour property but somehow put everything right back to the way it was before the digging ... including my favorite hostas that had to be dug up and temporarily moved. They very carefully dug them up in clumps and then set them right back when they were done. I was very very pleased. Most importantly though, they were very honest and up front with us and were comitted to doing only what it took to fix the problem and not any extra work to make a buck
- A P LAWRENCE & DAUGHTER CONSTRMr. Lawrence's work was exceptional. He consistently exceeded our expectations. He is a person of integrity and great skill. He was very honest, left our job site clean each day and gave us great advice. We could not be more pleased with his work and would highly recommend him to anyone needing site work, foundation work or concrete work. We will be doing more construction in the future - a barn, garage and other projects. We will definitely hire Mr. Lawrence to do this work
- Champion ConcreteThe owner, Joel Wilson showed up to see the jobsite, and then came and performed the work professionally, and was very responsive. The experienced carpenter that is building the house stated that it was the best foundation work that he's ever worked on. Very well put together and very accurate for a home that has a half found in the foundation, and 3 bump outs, two of which are in the foundation. Quality work and quality products were used. I would recommend this contractor to anyone else looking for foundation work
- Richard's ConstructionRichard is a really great guy. He is very personable. He worked hard and made sure everything was done to our specifications. He was fine with us adding things on to the job. Very patient with us. He was there every day until the job was complete. A friend of mine also had him remodel her entryway room into a little sun room. She also was very happy with him and his work. We would recommend him highly
- LEGACY HOME IMPROVEMENTS INCThey were very good. They did an excellent job and they look beautiful. They pick up after themselves. They are hard workers. The stairs are built really well. They are very professional. They let me do a payment plan too.
- Nile ContractingThey poured a concrete slab. The work was excellent, they very prompt, reasonable rate and very professional.
- InterCoastal Concrete & Waterproofing IncFrom not having experience in what to expect it went well. Except for some delays getting the owner to finish certain stages in a more timely manner. In hindsight I would have preferred steel beams as opposed to wood. I would have made sure that the house was leveled more and would have payed attention to drainage and disposale of existing debris. So because I did not know to do these things, I cannot put the blame on Coastal. I think they are a good, family owned company. I enjoyed working with Engrid (wife). She was very attentive and responsive. Our basement remains very dry and we have had no problems with water or settling of the house. I would hire them again with a better understood contract
- All Season Home Improvement CoAs I previously described, All Season functions as a general contractor. We had them do an addition to our home, adding a sunroom and an upstairs laundry, remodeling the master bath, replacing all of our windows in the house, relocating our existing deck, putting new carpet in our master bedroom, and providing a new floor, some additional cabinets, and new counter-tops in our kitchen.The estimate process was pleasant (in the beginning), and Bob (the owner) was extremely helpful in assisting with the design of our new space. We did all of the work in choosing styles of fixtures, colors, the counter-tops, the flooring, etc. We made several trips to Hammond to coordinate this and even went to the manufacturer of the counter-top to select the largest piece ourselves. This process, though a little overwhelming at first, proved to be the best part (and the most important) of the job because, in the end, its these things that are on display. I would highly recommend choosing the large counter-top piece oneself because then you know exactly what it will look like and can plan accordingly with coordinating colors. All Season workers performed the excavation work and concrete foundation work, and this crew was very good. They were courteous and really got the job done (particularly considering that it was January in Maine!). They also performed the rough framing, and again this crew was exceptional. Carl and Peter were the main persons who were with us during this time, and they were friendly, informative, and worked hard to keep things clean and moving along quickly. We enjoyed having them work at our house every day. They also installed all of our new windows and did an excellent job cleaning up after themselves in each room. Then the finish work (painting, fixtures, flooring, etc.) crew took over, and that's where the job went somewhat wrong. Arthur and Jake were the main persons in this crew (Arthur was also the foreman overseeing the entire job from start to finish). This crew was polite, but didn't interact with me well. For example, I had to stay with our dog locked in my guest room while they were onsite. It was necessary for me to do this every day for weeks. Instead of letting me know that they were leaving for lunch or for the day, they chose to ignore me completely...causing me to have to stay in the room for 6-hours or more at a time. I found this to be quite discourteous. They also created huge messes, but were lacking when it came to cleaning up well. Obviously with the amount of work we had done we knew that we would have to clean the house several times. However, we also had to sweep up messes left by the crew on several occasions, and that was truly unacceptable. All Season subcontracted the plumbing and electrical work. The electrical went off without a hitch, but the plumbing was very poor. Our showers do not have sufficient hot water for the time it takes 1 person to take a shower (we suspect that the mixing valves are not set correctly, resulting in too much cold water). We asked them to fix it, but they failed to do it correctly. I am actively searching for a plumber here on Angie's List who can come and fix this issue (at the time of this review). The installation of the master bedroom carpet was done well. They moved all of our furniture in and out. The kitchen counter-tops were done very well (subcontracted out). They also subcontracted out the cabinet work, and that was done very well. The kitchen floor work was a bit hairy. The demo of the existing floor caused a tremendous mess, which could have been better maintained frankly. The installation of the floor was done very well, although the area they used to cut the floor tiles created a huge mess that they failed to clean. I am not sure if they subcontracted this work or not. As to the overall quality of job, I have to say that the improvements to our home are exceptional, and that speaks to the design, our choice of finishes and fixtures, and their workmanship. There were a few things that did not meet that exceptional standard though. One was the painting in our new sunroom, where there were uneven seams between the ceiling and walls. Also, the back splash to our counter-top in the kitchen was sealed very poorly, and even when we asked Arthur to correct it, he still couldn't do a good job. Ultimately the company owner agreed to cover the shoddy work with a piece of frame that matches the windowsill in the kitchen (we are still waiting for this to happen as of the time of this review). Another problem we had was with the estimate itself. Apparently the company didn't include the external painting of our new addition. This was not explained to us. Instead, the language of the contract simply stated that they would "match existing"...which we thought meant color as well as the wooden shingle siding that we have. It was not clearly excluded either. So we felt that this was a shady move by the company (as the estimate was prepared by the owner of All Season). In the end we had to pay additional money to have our new addition painted to match the rest of the house (we are also waiting for this to happen at the time of this review. They also need to finalize relocating our existing deck...which we will probably have them paint as an addition to their original scope of work). All in all, we would hire them again. Despite the rough patches, we endured the experience and are happy with our remodeled home. However, now that we are a bit more savvy as to the process surrounding a home remodel, we will ensure that we have our estimate clearly explained (step by step, including all exclusions or omissions), and we will ensure that the finish crew cleaned better (that is, if we ever feel the need to do another remodel)
Concrete Repair Contractors in North Monmouth
- Business Description:“In Business since 2000, Upright Building Services is a full service building contractor able to handle any home improvement project and light commercial construction. Fred Hilchey is the Steward of Upright building Services. With a crew of tried and trusted co-workers and associates we are ready for what ever you need to have done from a small repair to a new home or maybe somewhere in between. All work comes with manufacturer’s warranties as well as with a 2 year warranty on all workmanshi..Recent Review:It went very well. I am very pleased with the outcome. Fred Hilchey and his team were very professional, and hard working, and conscientious. Some rot was found on two of the walls of the house and it was fixed appropriately and well. I can say that I feel that this new siding will last foreverDiane K.
- Business Description:.....we only do sealcoating. !!and not paving!!.....I have been in the asphalt seal coating business for over 28 years. I do both Residential and Commercial jobs, big or small. I am fully licensed and insured. My son, Chris Jr, has joined me in my business and is a great asset to me in my work.Recent Review:It didn't! I emailed the vendor from their webpage because it was the weekend and outlined the work to be completed and gave them my contact information but they have failed to respond in any way, shape or form to date. I have NOT received any kind of response from them!Brian J.
- Business Description:Basement Waterproofing, Crawl Space & Foundation Repair experts since 1991. Free estimates & inspections.Recent Review:To start, this was our situation: our basement has three "rooms", one of which is predominantly a crawl space area. In this section, there is a lot of ledge in the basement, and a LOT of water worked its way into our basement with every rainstorm. On top of this, the crawl space section was closest to the stairwell, so the mildewy smell kind of permeated throughout the house. TC Hafford was extremely easy to work with. Our initial estimate was fast, easy, and informative. They will actually send you detailed brochures and outlines of how they're going to waterproof your space. From there, it became obvious that the customer service and workers really cared about the quality of their work, and in making sure we were happy every step of the way. The service was fantastic, and we always felt "in the loop". The job took slightly longer than expected (it was not an easy job), but the end results were exactly what we had hoped for. What we ultimately had done was this: the team encapsulated our entire crawlspace with the CleanSpace and Waterguard system, then installed a single sump pump to replace the two we already had. To do this, they needed to install Waterguard drainage piping with crushed rock throughtout the basement (which was later cemented over again so it's unobtrusive). Then they covered the ledge and unfinished parts of the basement with CleanSpace with Waterguard underneath, which keeps the moisture separate from the rest of the basement and allows the piping to carry any water down to the sump pump. They then installed a drainage system that led away from the house (again, as unobtrusive and well-done as possible). Given our experience as a whole, we plan to call TC Hafford in the future with any needs, and would definitely recommend themSean H.
- Business Description:We are construction company specializing in residential work. We have extensive experience in all phases of residential construction and handyman services. The leadership group at PRH Contractors combines over 30+ years experience in the construction industry, from residential projects to commercial projects ranging in size and complexity. PRH Contractors is driven by our determination for customer satisfaction and our passion to build. We provide more value to our cli..Recent Review:Patrick is a man of his word. Even though his subcontractors let him down he was there to the end working long hours , weekends, what ever was needed to complete the job. He did some extra things we weren't expecting which were really nice touches. Willing to give suggestions which all seemed to be good. We looked at 4 different contractors and his price was the best(in a few cases by far), he stuck to the budget. Will hire him for another job!!Chuck S.
- Business Description:Remodeling, General Construction and Carpentry. Sole Proprietor, but works with other subcontracted building professionals and uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and Electrical work. Works hourly and/or provides free estimates, and free consultation. Strong emphasis on quality workmanship, and has solid references. All work is guaranteed accompanied by workmanship warranty specific to the job compleeted. We stand behind our product. Asa is an easy going carpenter who is a seriou..Recent Review:The project went great; I'm very happy with the final product. It lines up exactly with what I was looking for at the start of the project and looks better than I could have planned because of some great design suggestions from Wagner Home Renovation along the way. We ended up creating two separate closets from the previous closet incorporating some previously unused space in the condo as well. Both closets are accessed through very nice double doors. The laundry closet and general/clothes closet both look great. Wagner Home Renovation used high quality repurposed wood from a previous project and black iron rods to give the general/clothes closet great character. All of the work was very well done, and blends into the existing paint and trim-work so well, you can't even tell any work has been done. As an example, they added a wooden keystone at the enlarged entranceway near the new closets that was a very nice touch and feels like it was always there. They were able to save me money throughout the project by offering to use repurposed wood from previous projects that was often better quality than what would normally be used. Wagner Home Renovation does high-quality work and has a genuine interest in how well the end result turns out. They have a great attention for detail, offer great design ideas and options, and are responsive, honest, budget-conscious, flexible, reliable and easy to work with. I highly recommend themGrant M.
- Business Description:All Season Home Improvement Company is a full service home improvement contractor serving Maine communities within a 50 mile radius of Augusta, Maine. All Season Home Improvement Company is an Accredited Member of the Maine Better Business Bureau and has been in business since 1991. Also serving Hancock CountiesRecent Review:Horrible do not hire. They don't return calls and were the last company to respond for a quote.Michael R.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Home Maintenance Specialist with over 30 years of Home Maintenance Building and repairs
- Business Description:7 years experience in concrete preparation, demolition and repairs along with pouring and finishing new concrete such as patios, walkways and more
- Business Description:We are a new veteran owner company servicing all regions of Maine. Currently we have two employees and specialize in landscaping and irrigation systems. We also provide a wide array of "handyman" services, so feel free to reach out. We can work with any budget and will work with you to make the billing process as simple as needed. Fair, honest and affordable
Explore our Solution Center for helpful concrete repair contractor articles
Installing paver tiles over existing concrete is a great way to upgrade the look and feel of surfaces on the outside of your home. However, you should consider a few things before taking this route, and this guide describes all of the ins and outs.
Concrete is a durable building material, but it's tricky to lay. If you want to minimize unsightly lines that can worsen over time on your patio or driveway, here are five simple tips to prevent concrete cracks from forming.
Find concrete contractors in
- West Gardiner
- Livermore Falls
concrete contractors in North Monmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- B&B Construction564 Hussey Hill Road
- B&B Construction
- Jim Brann General Contractor38 Farrs Road
- Jim Brann General Contractor
- McCarthy Point Builders38 Kenneth Ln
- McCarthy Point Builders
- Sunshine Pools1381 main st
- Sunshine Pools
- Upright Building Services2061 Hallowell Rd .
- Upright Building Services