A & C Odd Jobs

Founded 2008 • With Angi since August 2009

3.7

412 Western Avenue

Augusta, ME 04330

Small company growing quickly. Always free estimates, and discounts to senior citizens, veterans and disabled.

06/03/2014

Holly C.

They were fantastic last year, so i called them this summer to fix a hole in my gutter which they found. I( have called hem 3 times in the last 2 weeks--get voice mail, and no one calls me back. I would have given them the highest rating last year, but now, I find them unreliable and unprofessional

Description of Work
cleaned gutters

11/16/2013

Cindy G.

Said they would do clean up, left a lot of debris around the house Said they could do shingles siding but really didn't know what they were doing - when I saw the job and asked them to redo much of it because it was not level or inline with the rest of the house. Thought they would make it good, but rushed through fixing the issues - then never heard from them again.

Description of Work
Completed roofing on a portion of our roof.

11/04/2013

William A.

Called about 3 weeks ago and talked to a nice woman who took my information and said they would come by the house to see what needed to be done, namely blowing a lot of pine needles off the roof and cleaning out the gutters. Didn't show up so I left a message on their answering machine the following Monday. They didn't call back so I guess they aren't interested or are out of business.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category gutter cleaning, roof cleaning

08/19/2013

Chad V.

They did a great job. In fact, I'm gonna call them again this week. The guy they sent out was prompt.

Description of Work
I used A & C Odd Jobs for gutter cleaning.

06/25/2013

Amy B.

They were able to provide a highly competitive painting bid on a lead certified job on short notice and reroof half my house at a spectacular price under their competitors. The work was all done in very quick order between October 1st and when the snow flew, so that I could close on my house back in 2011. Their ability to pull it together so fast was greatly appreciated. I have also called them in the very early morning hours for an emergency roof repair when a storm did some damage and caused a leak, and they were there within the hour. Not every company moves that fast, but they do.

Description of Work
I've used these folks for roofing (2011), Painting (2011), emergency roof repair, yard work, and tree trimming. (2012-2013

Category gutter cleaning, landscaping, roofing, house painters

06/04/2013

Ann S.

They made the adjustment in a timely fashion. This is, however, the kind of repair where you can't judge its success until the next rainstorm. I do, however, have every confidence that if there needs to be a further adjustment, Angela will make it right. Why is that? Well, we have had A & C Odd Jobs do work for our condo association for several years. We have always been very satisfied with the quality of their work, and we think that their prices are very reasonable. They have cleaned our gutters a number of times, and they do a very thorough job. Twice, we have had them deliver and lay mulch around our building; we have been happy with the results. They also reset some lampposts that were sagging, and they have been standing tall ever since. They aim to please and always check to make sure we are satisfied with the job they have done; that’s important to us.

Description of Work
They repitched two gutters for proper water flow.

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, landscaping

05/08/2013

Karen D.

They were very good. The price was reasonable. They were quick and skilful.

Description of Work
I use A & C Odd Jobs. They fixed some roofing.

Category roof cleaning

11/19/2012

Holly C.

well, but I thought they were a bit pricey

Description of Work
gutter cleaning

05/25/2012

George K.

Angela, Chet & helper, did a thorough job on our gutters and cleaned up all the debris. Chet, was wearing a sling on his arm but, managed to do his share, he even helped us bring in our groceries.

Description of Work
Clean gutters on house and garage. Linseed oil gutters on house and garage.

05/06/2012

Stan S.

Description of Work
I used Chet and Angela's services as well as provided my direct mail services to them. They were a customer of mine for over a year, normally paid for my service. But at the end, they owed me a growing balance of $1200, avoided my phone calls, never called back, never paid the $1200 balance, which I had to reimburse my company for.. Chet was competent at trimming my trees with a good price for the work, but he has a habit of making promises that he never lives up to. I would caution anyone in dealing with him or his wife Angela.

Category handyman service

03/09/2012

Deborah S.

These jobs were never fixed. Some of my tools he used are gone and when I confronted him about it he said he accidentally just threw them in the back of the truck and would return them. I still haven’t heard back from him. I was given estimates on the jobs which I felt were overpriced and he refused to take checks because it was a few days before Christmas, so he demanded cash. He even followed me to the bank to get the money.

Description of Work
We discussed a yard cleanup. He also said he would throw in cleaning out the gutters. He said he’d replace the window in my bedroom, but he never did. In my master bathroom I have a whirlpool, I had bought all of the supplies to fix the drain stopper before I even contacted him and he charged me $125 to put it in. I also had a small part of sheetrock outside the outside bedroom door that the insurance company said didn’t need to be done immediately, but he pressured me to say it did. He also installed a storm door on my front door and there is a three inch gap at the bottom because it does not fit properly. I also had some new deadbolts that just needed to be installed, but one of the deadbolts didn’t quite fit proWe discussed a yard cleanup. He also said he would throw in cleaning out the gutters. He said he’d replace the window in my bedroom, but he never did. In my master bathroom I have a whirlpool, I had bought all of the supplies to fix the drain stopper before I even contacted him and he charged me $125 to put it in. I also had a small part of sheetrock outside the outside bedroom door that the insurance company said didn’t need to be done immediately, but he pressured me to say it did. He also installed a storm door on my front door and there is a three inch gap at the bottom because it does not fit properly. I also had some new deadbolts that just needed to be installed, but one of the deadbolts didn’t quite fit properly and he was supposed to come back out and fill the holes around it. perly and he was supposed to come back out and fill the holes around it.

Category handyman service

04/20/2011

kostas D.

saw them on angies list called them they came out and gave me a price I said fine they did the job right then

Description of Work
great hard working honest people I will use them again

08/18/2009

Gary R.

A very satisfactory experience.

Description of Work
They came on time, cleaned approximately 150 feet of gutters and disposed of the material taken from them.

C + R mudding and painting

C&R Is a full-service contractor ready to make your home both beautiful AND functional! Our team is ready to paint & mud any project big or small - with expert precision, white-glove finish, & photo-ready results. Call today for a free estimate!

D&T Hardwood Floor

We specializing in the expert installation and refinishing of hardwood floors. With more than ten years experience serving our customers in Maine and the surrounding areas, D & T is dedicated to exceptional craftsmanship and outstanding customer service. Whether your job is big or small, D & T has the expertise to bring your dreams to reality.

Clarke Builders

Clarke Builders is a fast paced crew with attention to detail in all we do. We offer roofing , flooring, painting/interior &exterior, carpentry, and more. We love to build and transform and also offer remodeling in our services.

Tree work, gutters, home repairs. painting, light masonry, landscaping, driveway sealing, vinyl siding, flooring and more

Electrical and plumbing.