Having a septic tank system requires some maintenance. In order to avoid hazardous incidents or health problems, read below to learn some key septic tank safety tips.
Get matched with top septic system services in Stoughton, MA
There are 14 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Stoughton
- R J LACOMBE SEWERAGELacombe has always done great work. They actually asked to come in a day ahead of schedule, worked efficiently, cleaned up great. This is a very trustworthy organization.
- Viper Drain Cleaning LLCThe plumber arrived early for his appointment and I gave him some ideas too what was going on and he understood and was very knowledgeable too what was going on and finished the job in a timely manner not rushing and did a great job
- Kennelly Const. CorpGreat! Marty got the tank installed quickly, efficiently and within budget. He took care of everything, including the inspections and the electrician. Most importantly - his communication was awesome! Every time I called he answered the phone!! My septic engineer recommended him. Best recommendation ever!!! I will definitely contact him again for any excavation projects. I highly recommend him
- Kennelly Const. CorpWithout a hitch. The owner has been doing septic systems for over 40 years and knows what he is doing.
- Kennelly Const. CorpExcellent work at reasonable prices! Marty has done site work for us for over 30 years. His knowledge and experience is extensive. Would highly reccomend!
- R. Moreshead ExcavatingThe ABSOLUTE hardest worker and honest man I've ever met in business. The home was going up for sale and the title 5 on the septic did not pass. Mike personally came ( even with the flu) to start and finish the job so the house could be sold!( he was outside obviously so no worries about us getting sick) I recommend him to ANY AND EVERYONE! Best price as well!
- Rodenhiser Home ServicesWe always sign up for that $300 emergency program with this company where they come out once a year to pump our sewer. We don't connect to the county so that feat is well worth our money and then they come whenever we need them to pretty much. The guys they sound out are just really nice and they never complain about anything. We have manhole covers here that are always under a foot of dirt and they will dig out without even complaining. They're great about scheduling too and I like that a lot
- Stewart's Septic ServicesI had an emergency - another company was replacing the pipe between my foundation and my system and discovered the tank was full. They couldn't complete the job until the tank got pumped. They suggested I call Stewart's. It's worth noting I had never used them before. Their dance card was full for the day, but hearing my situation they juggled things around and got me pumped out. Shout out to Rory (dispatcher) and Mason (pumper). Both were very polite, professional and helpful. I will be using Stewart's from now on
- Drain KingDavid did an excellent job! He was a hard working and courteous professional. High attention to detail.
- Holliston Sewer Service IncThe service was done on time and they were friendly and professional. This was the 2nd time we used them and we will continue to so.
Last update on August 25, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Stoughton, MA
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Building a house on raw land means paying for trenching, sewer and electrical lines, well digging, and septic installation. Here’s what it will cost.
Find septic tank services in
- North Easton,
- East Walpole,
- North Scituate,
- South Easton,
- Hyde Park,
- South Walpole,
- West Bridgewater,
- Milton Village
Septic Tank Contractors in Stoughton, MA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- AFTER HOURS DRAIN SERVICEPO BOX 760
Wrentham, Massachusetts 02093
- AFTER HOURS DRAIN SERVICE
- B.C. Building Company98 North Street
Medfield, Massachusetts 02052
- Bay State Sewage Disposal Inc105 Kingman
Lakeville, Massachusetts 02347
- BENNETT ENGINEERING & LAND SURVEYING INC114B State Rd. PO BOX 297
Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts 02562
- Bill Hakala Contracting LLC87 Ashby Rd
New Ipswich, New Hampshire 03071
- B.C. Building Company
- DCR Building & RemodelingPO Box 132
Lynnfield, Massachusetts 01940
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Dole Construction96 Carey St
Rockland, Massachusetts 02370
- Dumont Pumping SvcPO Box 292
Norton, Massachusetts 02766
- Duncan Tree Landscape & Construction Co21 Western Ave
Essex, Massachusetts 01929
- DCR Building & Remodeling
- Eagan Plumbing, Heating, Drilling & Drain Cleaning26 W BOYLSTON ST STE 7
West Boylston, Massachusetts 01583
- Environmental Solutions Inc225 Riverview Ave
AUBURNDALE, Massachusetts 02466
- Eagan Plumbing, Heating, Drilling & Drain Cleaning
- HomeServe USA601 Merritt 7 6th Fl
Norwalk, Connecticut 06851
- HomeServe USA
- J HOCKMAN SEPTIC SVC INC11 SHERWOOD DR
Norfolk, Massachusetts 02056
- J L Darling Sewerage Service404 Quaker Hwy
Uxbridge, Massachusetts 01569
- J White Contracting Inc3 Murray Hill Ln
Andover, Massachusetts 01810
- JDL Incorporated General Contracting Services14 Hovey Street
Dracut, Massachusetts 01826
- JJL Electric LLC11 Robert Toner Blvd Suite 5-170
Attleboro Falls, Massachusetts 02763
- J HOCKMAN SEPTIC SVC INC
- KENNY JONES CORP2092 MAIN ST
Walpole, Massachusetts 02081
- KENNY JONES CORP
- MCCORMACK BUILDERS37 Elm St
Canton, Massachusetts 02021
- MJ Eisenhauer Plumbing IncPO Box 669
Foxboro, Massachusetts 02035
- MJD Excavating Inc147 Horbine Rd
Rehoboth, Massachusetts 02769
- Moses Plumbing & Heating Services LLC301 Buck Island Rd
West Yarmouth, Massachusetts 02673
- Mr Rooter Of Worcester134 Gold St
Worcester, Massachusetts 01608
- Muzzi Drain Cleaning49 Rockland St
Hingham, Massachusetts 02043
- MCCORMACK BUILDERS
- Paradigm Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning Inc8 Industrial Park Dr Unit 12
HOOKSETT, New Hampshire 03106
- Parker and Sons Excavating and Landscaping31 Edna Drive
Attleboro, Massachusetts 02703
- Perfection Home Improvement586 Rutherford Ave
Boston, Massachusetts 02129
- PODGURSKI CO8 SPRINGDALE AVE
Canton, Massachusetts 02021
- Paradigm Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning Inc
- SERVICE PUMPING & DRAIN CO5 HALLBERG PARK
North Reading, Massachusetts 01864
- Servpro Industries IncP.O. Box 44
Bedford, Massachusetts 01730
- Sherman Inspection, Inc.97 Stanley Street
North Attleboro, Massachusetts 02760
- SOUTHEAST SEPTIC SERVICESPO BOX 289
Carver, Massachusetts 02330
- Stamski and McNary, Inc.1000 Main St
Acton, Massachusetts 01720
- STEPHEN HOME INSPECTIONP.O. BOX 621
Belmont, Massachusetts 02478
- Stewart's Septic Services58 S Kimball St
Haverhill, Massachusetts 01835
- SERVICE PUMPING & DRAIN CO
- Us General, Inc.430 School St.
Mansfield, Massachusetts 02048
- Us General, Inc.
Septic tank companies that service Stoughton
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.