From flooring to interior paint, DIY home improvement projects were popular during the COVID-19 pandemic—but didn’t always go as planned. These statistics reveal why people DIY, the risks and rewards, and when homeowners chose to hire a pro instead.
Get matched with top home remodeling contractors in Brookline, MA
There are 385 highly-rated local home remodeling contractors.
Recent Home Remodeling Reviews in Brookline
- MA Design & Construction CoWe had a great experience working with MA Design & Construction. They care about their work and make sure the customer is happy. We recently wrapped up several projects with them – kitchen and half bath remodel, new flooring, adding new recessed lights, new fireplace hearth and painting all of the first floor and stairwells going up and downstairs. From the beginning, both Marc and Raquel were super responsive, often within minutes and many times well outside of business hours. They listened to what we wanted and Raquel, Marc and their tile guy all offered wonderful suggestions that we did not think of. The initial estimate was accurate and within reason. We wound up going a little over because we needed a new sub-panel installed and decided to go with upgraded countertops. This was not because of any inaccurate forecasting. The team was organized and cleaned up every day. On top of everything, they finished the work earlier than we expected! We are very pleased with the result and would not hesitate to work with them again read less
- MA Design & Construction CoMA Design & Construction is a great company with great people. They take care of their customers and work **** ** their projects to deliver the best results. Marc’s team started working on our house right before the pandemic. The team continued working while maintaining all safety measures, and he kept us updated on the progress with daily calls and messages. Raquel worked on the design, doing research and coming up with multiple options for every design choice, all with a smile and a genuine desire to come up with the best possible look for the house. We could not be happier with the final result and truly recommend that you hire them too read less
- Step by Step Home Improvement Corp.We've used Step by Step Home Improvement for more than ten years, for projects big and small (kitchen and bathroom remodels, painting, deck rebuilding, room renovation, small jobs, landscaping...) We have always had an excellent experience. Geferson is trustworthy and reliable and comes in on budget or lets us know ahead of time if he anticipates something will be more than estimated. Geferson's carpentry is particularly outstanding, and all the work he has done for us has been exceptional. Above all though, we really trust Geferson and his team - they're pleasant to have around and go above and beyond read less
- Jeff Veglia Remodeling & Tile ContractingJeff and his crew are my “go-to” people whenever I need work done on my house. I’ve used them for three separate projects over the years (master bath, office, basement laundry room/bathroom remodel), and I couldn’t be happier with both the process and the finished product. Customer service is outstanding - Jeff promptly responds to calls/texts/questions, and stands behind the work 100%. His crew and subcontractors not only do wonderful work - they are reliable, show up as scheduled, are polite/easy to work with and they clean up the worksite at the end of every day read less
- Jeff Veglia Remodeling & Tile ContractingIf Jeff is able to take you as a client, you have to choose him. The quality of the work is unmatched. Jeff is organized, extremely responsive, and fun to work with. He has a very talented network of subs for every part of the project (and the unexpected out-of-scope things that came up during the work). Jeff is very transparent about the costs and reasoning behind the choices he helps you make. He and his team give excellent advice without trying to override your decisions. Could not be happier with the work Jeff and his team did read less
- Jeff Veglia Remodeling & Tile ContractingJeff was great to work with. I had my bathroom redone down to the studs. All of his workers were very personable and polite. They cleaned up the area every day. Jeff was in constant contact throughout the project. I would definitely use Jeff again if I have another project.
- Villa's Construction & Remodeling IncExcellent job! John Villa and his entire team are professional, kind, respectful, and true artisans. Villas Construction and remodeling is a full-service company with dedicated teams for every detail. Floors, A/C, plumbing, electrical, tile, painting, building, and design. Our home is gorgeous!
- AW Puma Construction & Remodeling LLCWe found this company on a local community page while we were soliciting bids for our project. They answered the phone right away and came out within a couple of days to look at our projects. One of the main reasons we hired them was because they were a local company and had a good reputation. We are glad we selected them though. One of our biggest concerns was cleanliness as we are both very allergic to dust. They did an excellent job cleaning at the end of the day and keeping things clean throughout the day. Beautiful job inside and out. I look forward to working with them again read less
- Jeff Veglia Remodeling & Tile ContractingAlthough I am not able to use him at this time due to schedule challenges, his estimate was fair and I wanted to submit this review because of the time he took on a holiday week to look at my project, listen to my objectives and suggest various options. There was no sales pitch for things I didn't want and total respect for the customer. Unfortunately, that's not as common as it should be. I will consider him for future work read less
- SILMAC Construction Inc.Joe and his team are awesome! I was interested in turning my larger laundry room into a full bath and my half bath into the laundry room. Joe was very easy to work with, responsive and supportive of my design. I asked for his advice on a lot of details along the way and everything he recommended turned out great with his years of experience. His team worked quickly but with the best quality, the overall turnaround time from first meeting him to complete was about two months. If I was not happy with something, Joe made sure things were fixed. I also asked for an accent wall and floating custom shelves which were not simple and they did an amazing job. I plan to continue to use Joe for other projects and highly recommend him for all renovation work. I truly am so happy with how the work turned out and I have my dream bathroom read less
Home Remodeling Contractors in Brookline
- Business Description:A Boston area full service design/build remodeling firm offering planning and construction of kitchens, additions and other quality home renovations. Visit www.pegdesign.net/portfolio to see more of our projects read lessRecent Review:Received daily emails regarding progress and/or upcoming information/meetings. Quick response/resolution to any concerns/changes requested. Clear breakdown of allowances/estimates, including any change orders. Friendly, reliable staff. Which is a huge comfort for a family having work done in their home - especially with young kids. Great follow through with open items at the end of the job. Did not have any issues getting them to come back to finish even the smallest items. Went well. Would use Pegasus again read lessElizabeth B.
- Business Description:Bromley Inc. is a full-service remodeling contractor based in Waltham, MA serving the Boston, Cambridge, Wellesley, Newton, Belmont areas. Turn to our team when it's time to update your home with a kitchen remodel, bathroom remodel or basement finishing services. Call 508-981-5034 for a free estimate read lessRecent Review:Promised 3 weeks, turned into a 3.5months of nightmare. Overpromised and under-delivered. **** poor communication, planning, and time management. Never keep to their words. Hidden fees and charges. Makes decisions without the client/owners approval or authorization. Their own plumber refuse to work with them in future projects. Every nail and every screw that could go wrong went wrong. If I could give them less than 1 star, I would. Details: 1) Promised 3 weeks of completion of work, but couldn’t get it done for more than 3 months. (started 3/1 and last work was done on 6/11). 2) Unprofessional behavior towards the client a. Eric falsely accused me for using his credit card for purchasing materials – he gave me his Wayfair account to use for purchasing materials as it comes with discounts (purchase of material should be contractors responsibility btw). The first time I accidently used the card on file, but told them right away I will refund all expenses. All subsequent purchases I used my own credit card. Eric thought I was using his card and yelled at me for that. He even showed me a screenshot of the transaction which stated my credit card number on it! He didn’t even apologize. b. He texted me to return a p-trap on wayfair and when I did that he yelled at me for not getting his approval for returning the p-trap. Mind-blowing! 3) Poor time management – they would show up 2hrs later than agreed upon time. Or they would not even show up at all that day. a. Once I was waiting for him to go shop materials together, we had agreed to meet at my place at 1pm, first measure the dimensions of the bathroom, then go to shops together. He came at 2.30pm and without a tape measure. He ended up using mine which he took with him and didn’t return until end of project. I had to buy a new one because even though I told him return it he would repeatedly forget about it. b. Other times he would say he is going to come by in the morning and doesn’t show up until late afternoon without any communication or heads up. 4) Zero organizational skills and planning a. The month leading up to the start of the project was already a ****. I couldn’t get Eric to get started with the planning of the work even though I repeatedly told him how important the timeline was for me. I even created a spreadsheet with all the items, links to those items, cost, specifications, unit price, quantity, really everything. I asked him to go through the list and make sure those I items I chose was feasible. He was too lazy to be bothered. When we received the shower head, it was missing the valve. How would I know there is valve to look out for? This is why the spreadsheet was there for him to check feasibility prior to purchasing. b. From day 1 (consultation day) I told him I want curb-less shower and a glass panel for divider. He didn’t research the vendor for the glass panel and we only found out after the work has started that it needs 4weeks to order the glass panel and it can’t be ordered until all tiling is finished. In addition, he also didn’t count on that because of the tile I chose, there are limitations to how the drain is designed. He only told me far into the project that we need to get a specific drain that would cost another $500 or we have to choose a different tile, which was too late at that point. Fast forward, when they sent the bill, the drain cost me more than doubled the amount that he had quoted me for. He basically provided me with false information on cost that caused me go over budget. c. I wanted to put wallpaper on one the walls, and we went through the dimensions together before I placed the order for the wallpaper. They completely forgot about the dimension we have set and put tiles over the line where the wallpaper was supposed to start. This caused rework of tiling, delay of work, and I had to compromise the size of the wallpaper (it was a mural and not a repeated pattern, so cutting any edge of the wallpaper will cut into the overall image of the mural) 5) Making their own decisions without communicating with the client. a. We had agreed on a level of the floating vanity shelf, but they forgot to count in the drain pipe, so instead they made their own decision on putting the floating vanity shelf at a much lower level without my approval. This changed the look completely. I had to convince them to redo it and I had to provide a solution to the problem that they have caused. This of course caused delay in the timeline. 6) Destroyed my hardwood floor in the process. a. To protect the floors in the surround rooms, they put papers that was secured by some type of tape. When the work was done and they removed the tape, it pulled off a layer of the wax. Right now, you can still see where the tape was on the floor. They didn’t compensate me for that at all. So they actually didn’t protect my floor, they destroyed it. 7) Doesn’t keep to their words. a. I live in a loft. Eric said he will seal and contain the bathroom area using plastic sheets so the dust doesn’t get ever where. He didn’t. He only covered the tv and one book shelf. It was dust in the entire home including my bedroom. b. I had wanted to redo the kitchen floor as well using the same tile as the bathroom floor. I told Eric before the start of the project and he even took measurement. It never got done because he keep forgetting to ask the tile guys to add that to their work. When I realized how bad this bathroom project was going, I ended up canceling the kitchen floor work because I couldn’t trust him anymore. 8) Hidden charges a. When they send the invoice at the end of project, they had added labor for polishing the floating vanity shelf and installing shelves above the toilet. Labors should be included in the flat fee that was contracted for. They didn’t communicate with me about this. The invoice was over $4000 above what had been agreed upon. b. They had to put in new copper plumbing to meet the code. They claim this wasn’t known prior to start of the work. Of course you wouldn’t because it is behind the wall. How would you ever know unless you took down the walls? And they never told me about this extra cost nor got my authorization for it. It was however stated in the invoice that they sent at the end read lessDannie W.
- Business Description:We are providing high quality remodeling, woodworking and general contracting services in the Boston Metro West area. From handcrafted cabinets to kitchen remodeling and entire home renovations, we are one stop and shop for any project that involves high craftsmanship and attention to the detail. By choosing us, you choose to appreciate handcrafted unique work, easy construction operations, and a team that will commit to your idea. We offer free consultation, so if you are just starting to pl.. read lessRecent Review:We could not be happier with our experience with SHP. They did an outstanding job on our kitchen remodel and home office and we have nothing but positive thoughts to say about Stefan and his team. Stefan goes out of his way to make sure everything is perfect and really the quality of anything they do is absolutely phenomenal. The subcontractors they hired were professional and polite. The vision, the design, the craftsmanship is top notch. This guys are more of an artists than contractors and our home is more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. I would highly recommend anyone considering any type of home remodel to contact SHP Fine Carpentry. I look forward to work with them on my next project read lessKameliya B.
- Business Description:Specializing in remodels! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today! read lessRecent Review:They came in and brought the materials and it was a good service. It came out really good and as expected. They clean up after themselves.vincent f.
- Business Description:Remodeling Boston and Boston suburbs for 15 years. All work performed to the highest standards.Recent Review:Superb! Patrick delivered all his promises. The job was done on time and within budget. Patrick was very easy to work with; he was patient and explained everything along the way. There were some unexpected surprises once the job was underway but he took care of them without extra charges. We couldn't be happier and will definitely use him again read lessJeff H.
- Business Description:We are a family owned business with over 15 years experience in home services and remodeling. we specialize in kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling and new additions (deck and porch) We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today! read lessRecent Review:Fabio and his crew did a great job. Very professional and honest. Would hire them again. Would highly recommend!Matthew l.
- Business Description:We understand the situation at hand and are offering virtual appointments and a 12 month, no interest, no payment financing plan! Tom Curren Companies has been a leader in home-improvement throughout Massachusetts since 1986. Our broad scope of services can increase your home's appearance inside and out, ensure its weather resistance, and add to its value-- now and in the future. From high-end kitchen renovations to exterior painting, gutter installation or simply a ceiling patch, Tom Curren.. read lessRecent Review:The guys from Tom Curren Companies did an excellent job. We had about 15 windows replaced, and it was not a simple replacement, as we wanted the new windows to be at least the same size as the old ones. They were very professional, responsive, courteous, and did great quality work. They also took care to clean all debris and even dust (!) before completing the job. We would definitely recommend them, and would hire them again in the future read lessLynne F.
- Business Description:Bauman Remodeling has consistently proven over the years to have one of the most trusted, talented teams around. Super Service award winners every year from 2008 up to 2021, Family owned & operated. We offer all types of remodeling large and small, from new construction to complicated interior or exterior remodeling. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fee. May contact by website, phone or email read lessRecent Review:Everything about the job that Mike Bauman and the Bauman Remodeling team did was SUPERIOR! We were in a position to need our bathroom remodeled, including walls, converting a tub to a shower, new lighting, new fixtures and complete tiling within a tight time frame. It started with Mike's responsiveness and positive approach to doing the job for us when most companies did not make themselves available. We also found that we could on his experience and good taste for design ideas. He managed to line up everyone (plumber, electrician, tiler) with precision so that the job was actually completed AHEAD OF SCHEDULE!!! We couldn't be more pleased with the job they did, particularly the tile work. In the past, we've made the mistake of going with the least expensive quote and paid the price in poor workmanship. While Bauman Remodeling is not the least expensive, they are reasonable (not the most expensive quote either) and worth every penny to have quality workmanship and a beautiful bathroom! We're going to hire Bauman Remodeling for all our bath and kitchen remodeling in the future read lessSandra M.
- Business Description:For more than 19 years, Duracraft Home Improvements has been providing superior residential and commercial contracting services in Marlborough, MA and all of eastern Massachusetts. From condo complex remodeling to building a home handicap ramp, no job is too big or too small.We offer free estimates, references upon request and guarantees on all our work. If you're not satisfied, we'll work with you until you are read lessRecent Review:Dalton with DuraCraft Construction helped us with our kitchen remodel. He took the time to listen to all our ideas and bring our vision to life. We wanted a wall removed so we could have an open concept kitchen through the dinning room and maximize space. There was a lot of work done between permits, demo, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, countertops and painting. All of the work was very detailed and professional. We are thrilled with the end results and would strongly recommend their work. It has been amazing to enjoy our new kitchen. Thank you Dalton and DC team read lessSharon Kitchen Framingham S.
- Business Description:Locally owner business with over 20 years of experience. Passionate about serving our local community and continuing to deliver great customer service. Feel free to call or text regarding your projects.Recent Review:Great work, great price. Very happy.marcos m.
Deals in Brookline for Home Remodeling
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home remodeling contractor articles
When calculating the cost of remodeling a small bathroom, you need to consider the type of labor, materials, fixtures, square footage, and the bathroom’s location. Each of these factors influences the total cost of your project.
With these ideas, you'll be able to design the home office of your dreams. Yes, a home office that you'll actually want to work (and be productive!) in.
Find home remodeling contractors in
- Brookline Village
- Chestnut Hill
- Jamaica Plain
- Newton Center
- Newton Highlands
- West Roxbury
- West Newton
- Newton Upper Falls
- South Boston
home remodeling contractors in Brookline
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1-800-BUSYDOGPO Box 920624
- 199619 Washburn St
East Weymouth, Massachusetts
- 1ST ENVIRONMENTAL CONTRACTORS4 Boston Road
- 2 Rivers Contracting & Services IncPO Box 1512
- 3G's Construction57 E Central St 2
- 3SM MARBLE & GRANITE1461 B Main Street
- 4 Seasons Construction143 Lincoln St # 2
- 4 Seasons PlumbingP.O. Box 774
- 6-J ConstructionPO Box 666
- 7 hills Construction LLC8 West Street
- 774540098216 Claudette Dr
- A & Boston Granite and Marble Inc.105 River Street
- A C TILE71 Leitha Drive
- A Classic Kitchen Cabinet Refacing12 Pond Rd #12
Hillsborough, New Hampshire
- A Cosco & Son LLC75 Nyack St
- A Custom CoPO Box 111
- A D CONSTRUCTION LLC1750 Washington St Suite B1
- A F Ventolieri Plumbing & Heating519 Albany St, Suite 103
- A G Reliable Remodeling41 Whittemore Rd.
- A J Wood Construction Inc337 Haverhill Rd 337 Haverhill Rd.
Chester, New Hampshire
- A M CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT INC52 NANTASKET AVE
- A Mark of Perfection45 Dexter Street
Nashua, New Hampshire
- A Moving Experience Co391 Franklin St
- A Pelosi Plumbing & Heating38 Emerald Rd
- A ROGERS RENOVATION11 Linden st.
- A to Z257 Mendon Rd
- A Total Co115 Summer St
- A&A Construction LLC7 Fulton St
Hudson, New Hampshire
- A&M General Contractors & Builders LLC232 S Main st
- A+ Plus Quality Plastering2B Shingle Mill Rd.
Hudson, New Hampshire
- A-1 NEW & USED PLUMBING & HTG30 PROSPECT ST
- A. OCAMPO Landscaping18A Everett Ave
- A.C. Remodel113 allston street
- A.D. Builders300 brickstone square 201
- A.G.S REMODELING77 oaks rd
- A.R.T. Home Solutions598 Beacon St.
- AA Contracting7 Liberty Lane
- AA Tile Works211 Baker St
West Roxbury, Massachusetts
- AA Zack Plumbing Heating & Gas Fittings LLC5 Gardner Ter
- AAA GENERAL CONTRACTING INCPO Box 615
East Hampstead, New Hampshire
- AAA TILE PLUS45 Apricot st.
- ABA General Contractors91 Everit Ave
- aba plumbing heating and drain cleaning81 Prospect St
- ABBEY CARPET & FLOORS238 WASHINGTON ST
- ABC Supply Company INC / Bradco / Wickes (Check Pa25 Union Ave
- ABCO ROOFING and Construction10 Meghann Lane
- Abdinoor's Carpet Craft109 Arlington St
- About Face Kitchens27 Walnut St
- Above Builders143 BALDWIN STREET
- Above Quality Plumbing & Heating40 Eaton Rd
- ABR remodeling Inc5 fernwood dr unit d
- Abrantes Building Company55 Harding St
- ABSOLUTE GENERAL CONTRACTING,INC.75 STANDISH ROAD
- Absolute Granite & Design19 Craig Rd
- Absolute Home Comfort151 Veterans Rd.
- Accessible Solutions349 N. Main St.
- Accurate home improvement
- ACE Handyman Services of Greater Boston401 Lowell St Ste 2
- ACTON GLASS19 Keefe rd P.O. Box 2678
- Adam Charest painting Co.90 Houghton Rd
- ADAM'S KITCHENS INC125 MAIN ST
- Adamo Stone Design296 Freeport St
- Adaptations Unlimited25 Fox Run Rd
Newington, New Hampshire
- ADD MARK CONSTRUCTION22 COTTAGE ST
- Addeo and Sons Construction Inc120 MILFORD RD
South Grafton, Massachusetts
- Adone Tile & Bath 52 Grove St
- Adrian Construction Company1 Garrett Dr
- Adrian's Tile8 Dyer Ave
- Ads On Wheels, Inc.10 Cotton Rd
Nashua, New Hampshire
- Advanced Construction & Cleaning123 A St
- Advanced Electrical Service560 Massapoag Ave
- Advanced Restorations370 county rd
- Advanced Roofing Siding and Windows Inc576 Boston Post Rd E Suite: I-A
- Advantage Design and Construction23 Temple Street
Nashua, New Hampshire
- Affinity Construction, Inc.25 Osgood St.
- Affordable Cabinet Refacing18 Dundee Park # 10
- Affordable Precision2 Bradford street
- Affordable Quality Kitchens & Stone537 County St.
- Affordable Services LLC22 Roosevelt Ave.
- Affordable Tile and Grout6 Murray Rd.
- AFM Carpentry corp.668 Robbins ave #13
- AFR Construction & Services18 Henry Ave.
- AG - Remodeling & Construction28 Suffield St. #2
- Against The Grain898 Waverly St
- Ageless Artistry44 Prichard St # 5
- AGF MARBLE & GRANITE10 Nashua St
- AirPro Environmental Solutions LLCPO Box 505
- AJ Construction CompanyPO Box 541
West Wareham, Massachusetts
- Aklit Plumbing & Heating55 Alpena Ave
- Alain Construction Inc27 Eaton St
- ALBA CONSTRUCTION70 Ardale St
- Albatross Masonry & Construction25 Palmer St
- Albion Painting52 Lime St
- Alcantara Contractor407R Mystic Ave Unit 36A
- Aldrich Roofing And Carpentry66 Vernon St
- Alewife Plumbing254 Prospect St
- Alex Contractor5 Kimball Ct
- Alexander Remodeling Services259 Calvary Street
- Alexis Home Remodeling98 Rossmore Rd # 2
Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
- All American Contracting4 Universal St. Building 4 Apt 8
- A & Boston Granite and Marble Inc.