What are melamine cabinets? Whether in your kitchen or bathroom, melamine cabinets are a great option because they’re durable, affordable, and sustainable. Learn more about choosing melamine for your cabinets, from pros and cons to maintenance.
Get matched with top home remodeling contractors in Somerville, MA
There are 377 highly-rated local home remodeling contractors.
Recent Home Remodeling Reviews in Somerville
- MA Design & Construction CoWe had a great experience working with MA Design & Construction. They care about their work and make sure the customer is happy. We recently wrapped up several projects with them – kitchen and half bath remodel, new flooring, adding new recessed lights, new fireplace hearth and painting all of the first floor and stairwells going up and downstairs. From the beginning, both Marc and Raquel were super responsive, often within minutes and many times well outside of business hours. They listened to what we wanted and Raquel, Marc and their tile guy all offered wonderful suggestions that we did not think of. The initial estimate was accurate and within reason. We wound up going a little over because we needed a new sub-panel installed and decided to go with upgraded countertops. This was not because of any inaccurate forecasting. The team was organized and cleaned up every day. On top of everything, they finished the work earlier than we expected! We are very pleased with the result and would not hesitate to work with them again
- MA Design & Construction CoMA Design & Construction is a great company with great people. They take care of their customers and work **** ** their projects to deliver the best results. Marc’s team started working on our house right before the pandemic. The team continued working while maintaining all safety measures, and he kept us updated on the progress with daily calls and messages. Raquel worked on the design, doing research and coming up with multiple options for every design choice, all with a smile and a genuine desire to come up with the best possible look for the house. We could not be happier with the final result and truly recommend that you hire them too
- Step by Step Home Improvement Corp.We've used Step by Step Home Improvement for more than ten years, for projects big and small (kitchen and bathroom remodels, painting, deck rebuilding, room renovation, small jobs, landscaping...) We have always had an excellent experience. Geferson is trustworthy and reliable and comes in on budget or lets us know ahead of time if he anticipates something will be more than estimated. Geferson's carpentry is particularly outstanding, and all the work he has done for us has been exceptional. Above all though, we really trust Geferson and his team - they're pleasant to have around and go above and beyond
- Jeff Veglia Remodeling & Tile ContractingJeff and his crew are my “go-to” people whenever I need work done on my house. I’ve used them for three separate projects over the years (master bath, office, basement laundry room/bathroom remodel), and I couldn’t be happier with both the process and the finished product. Customer service is outstanding - Jeff promptly responds to calls/texts/questions, and stands behind the work 100%. His crew and subcontractors not only do wonderful work - they are reliable, show up as scheduled, are polite/easy to work with and they clean up the worksite at the end of every day
- Jeff Veglia Remodeling & Tile ContractingIf Jeff is able to take you as a client, you have to choose him. The quality of the work is unmatched. Jeff is organized, extremely responsive, and fun to work with. He has a very talented network of subs for every part of the project (and the unexpected out-of-scope things that came up during the work). Jeff is very transparent about the costs and reasoning behind the choices he helps you make. He and his team give excellent advice without trying to override your decisions. Could not be happier with the work Jeff and his team did
- Jeff Veglia Remodeling & Tile ContractingJeff was great to work with. I had my bathroom redone down to the studs. All of his workers were very personable and polite. They cleaned up the area every day. Jeff was in constant contact throughout the project. I would definitely use Jeff again if I have another project.
- Villa's Construction & Remodeling IncExcellent job! John Villa and his entire team are professional, kind, respectful, and true artisans. Villas Construction and remodeling is a full-service company with dedicated teams for every detail. Floors, A/C, plumbing, electrical, tile, painting, building, and design. Our home is gorgeous!
- SILMAC Construction Inc.Joe and his team are awesome! I was interested in turning my larger laundry room into a full bath and my half bath into the laundry room. Joe was very easy to work with, responsive and supportive of my design. I asked for his advice on a lot of details along the way and everything he recommended turned out great with his years of experience. His team worked quickly but with the best quality, the overall turnaround time from first meeting him to complete was about two months. If I was not happy with something, Joe made sure things were fixed. I also asked for an accent wall and floating custom shelves which were not simple and they did an amazing job. I plan to continue to use Joe for other projects and highly recommend him for all renovation work. I truly am so happy with how the work turned out and I have my dream bathroom
- AW Puma Construction & Remodeling LLCWe found this company on a local community page while we were soliciting bids for our project. They answered the phone right away and came out within a couple of days to look at our projects. One of the main reasons we hired them was because they were a local company and had a good reputation. We are glad we selected them though. One of our biggest concerns was cleanliness as we are both very allergic to dust. They did an excellent job cleaning at the end of the day and keeping things clean throughout the day. Beautiful job inside and out. I look forward to working with them again
- Jeff Veglia Remodeling & Tile ContractingAlthough I am not able to use him at this time due to schedule challenges, his estimate was fair and I wanted to submit this review because of the time he took on a holiday week to look at my project, listen to my objectives and suggest various options. There was no sales pitch for things I didn't want and total respect for the customer. Unfortunately, that's not as common as it should be. I will consider him for future work
Home Remodeling Contractors in Somerville
- Business Description:We understand the situation at hand and are offering virtual appointments and a 12 month, no interest, no payment financing plan! Tom Curren Companies has been a leader in home-improvement throughout Massachusetts since 1986. Our broad scope of services can increase your home's appearance inside and out, ensure its weather resistance, and add to its value-- now and in the future. From high-end kitchen renovations to exterior painting, gutter installation or simply a ceiling patch, Tom Curren..Recent Review:The guys from Tom Curren Companies did an excellent job. We had about 15 windows replaced, and it was not a simple replacement, as we wanted the new windows to be at least the same size as the old ones. They were very professional, responsive, courteous, and did great quality work. They also took care to clean all debris and even dust (!) before completing the job. We would definitely recommend them, and would hire them again in the futureLynne F.
- Business Description:A Boston area full service design/build remodeling firm offering planning and construction of kitchens, additions and other quality home renovations. Visit www.pegdesign.net/portfolio to see more of our projectsRecent Review:Received daily emails regarding progress and/or upcoming information/meetings. Quick response/resolution to any concerns/changes requested. Clear breakdown of allowances/estimates, including any change orders. Friendly, reliable staff. Which is a huge comfort for a family having work done in their home - especially with young kids. Great follow through with open items at the end of the job. Did not have any issues getting them to come back to finish even the smallest items. Went well. Would use Pegasus againElizabeth B.
- Business Description:We're here to give you a fair price with a superior quality of work, we have the experience with both interior and exterior projects from kitchen and bathrooms to new additions and decks. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:Great Job!!! Perfect!!! Clean!!! Organized!!! meet the schedule!!!Rodrigo C.
- Business Description:We do mainly Baths, Kitchens and Basements renovations, starting with demolition till the finish work, including carpentry, electric, plumbing, tiling, painting and cabinets installation. However, any kind of renovations are welcomed. Architect and Structural Engineers available. Our professionals are all Licensed and InsuredRecent Review:Joe and his team are awesome! I was interested in turning my larger laundry room into a full bath and my half bath into the laundry room. Joe was very easy to work with, responsive and supportive of my design. I asked for his advice on a lot of details along the way and everything he recommended turned out great with his years of experience. His team worked quickly but with the best quality, the overall turnaround time from first meeting him to complete was about two months. If I was not happy with something, Joe made sure things were fixed. I also asked for an accent wall and floating custom shelves which were not simple and they did an amazing job. I plan to continue to use Joe for other projects and highly recommend him for all renovation work. I truly am so happy with how the work turned out and I have my dream bathroomDanielle T.
- Business Description:Bravo Kitchens has one of the most unique showrooms in the Greater Boston Area. We provide a setting for you, the customer, to linger and explore the possibilities of what we can do in your home. Carefully thought-out displays with cabinets and flooring in integrated designs will assist you in making all the necessary decisions for your individual project. Bravo Kitchens is a complete kitchen remodeling showroom. We can simply remove and replace your existing cabinets or do a complete remodel..Recent Review:Nick was amazing to work with. We had a tricky layout and weren’t able to knock down a and move any walls. Bravo came up with ideas we hadn’t thought of that ended up working perfectly. Have already suggested him to half a dozen other peopleNicholas S.
- Business Description:DS Partners Constructlon prides itself in delivering good quality work, excellent workmanship, timely delivery and attention to detail. Our goal is to ensure that we can deliver the vision you have for your project and that our company will remain your choice as the remodel company for future projectsRecent Review:We are very happy with Sanfer and his crew. This was our first major remodel and we were prepared for the worst. After meeting several contractors, we chose Sanfer because he came in with a lot of great ideas and instilled a confidence that other did not. He was very honest about managing expectations and also keeping us updated about delays (2020/21 has been extremely busy for contractors). The previous owners had done a lot of bad DIY but Sanfer assured me it was nothing they couldn’t handle and eased my anxiety. Everyone on the crew was very nice and respectful and the communication was top notch. Sanfer always responds to texts and emails in a timely manner and you will not find any “lazy” people on these team! They will do whatever to get the job done. I have received so many compliments on my bathroom and I’ve literally gone from bathroom **** to bathroom heaven! We are planning to do our kitchen next and wouldn’t want to work with anyone elseMicah N.
- Business Description:Bromley Inc. is a full-service remodeling contractor based in Waltham, MA serving the Boston, Cambridge, Wellesley, Newton, Belmont areas. Turn to our team when it's time to update your home with a kitchen remodel, bathroom remodel or basement finishing services. Call 508-981-5034 for a free estimateRecent Review:Promised 3 weeks, turned into a 3.5months of nightmare. Overpromised and under-delivered. **** poor communication, planning, and time management. Never keep to their words. Hidden fees and charges. Makes decisions without the client/owners approval or authorization. Their own plumber refuse to work with them in future projects. Every nail and every screw that could go wrong went wrong. If I could give them less than 1 star, I would. Details: 1) Promised 3 weeks of completion of work, but couldn’t get it done for more than 3 months. (started 3/1 and last work was done on 6/11). 2) Unprofessional behavior towards the client a. Eric falsely accused me for using his credit card for purchasing materials – he gave me his Wayfair account to use for purchasing materials as it comes with discounts (purchase of material should be contractors responsibility btw). The first time I accidently used the card on file, but told them right away I will refund all expenses. All subsequent purchases I used my own credit card. Eric thought I was using his card and yelled at me for that. He even showed me a screenshot of the transaction which stated my credit card number on it! He didn’t even apologize. b. He texted me to return a p-trap on wayfair and when I did that he yelled at me for not getting his approval for returning the p-trap. Mind-blowing! 3) Poor time management – they would show up 2hrs later than agreed upon time. Or they would not even show up at all that day. a. Once I was waiting for him to go shop materials together, we had agreed to meet at my place at 1pm, first measure the dimensions of the bathroom, then go to shops together. He came at 2.30pm and without a tape measure. He ended up using mine which he took with him and didn’t return until end of project. I had to buy a new one because even though I told him return it he would repeatedly forget about it. b. Other times he would say he is going to come by in the morning and doesn’t show up until late afternoon without any communication or heads up. 4) Zero organizational skills and planning a. The month leading up to the start of the project was already a ****. I couldn’t get Eric to get started with the planning of the work even though I repeatedly told him how important the timeline was for me. I even created a spreadsheet with all the items, links to those items, cost, specifications, unit price, quantity, really everything. I asked him to go through the list and make sure those I items I chose was feasible. He was too lazy to be bothered. When we received the shower head, it was missing the valve. How would I know there is valve to look out for? This is why the spreadsheet was there for him to check feasibility prior to purchasing. b. From day 1 (consultation day) I told him I want curb-less shower and a glass panel for divider. He didn’t research the vendor for the glass panel and we only found out after the work has started that it needs 4weeks to order the glass panel and it can’t be ordered until all tiling is finished. In addition, he also didn’t count on that because of the tile I chose, there are limitations to how the drain is designed. He only told me far into the project that we need to get a specific drain that would cost another $500 or we have to choose a different tile, which was too late at that point. Fast forward, when they sent the bill, the drain cost me more than doubled the amount that he had quoted me for. He basically provided me with false information on cost that caused me go over budget. c. I wanted to put wallpaper on one the walls, and we went through the dimensions together before I placed the order for the wallpaper. They completely forgot about the dimension we have set and put tiles over the line where the wallpaper was supposed to start. This caused rework of tiling, delay of work, and I had to compromise the size of the wallpaper (it was a mural and not a repeated pattern, so cutting any edge of the wallpaper will cut into the overall image of the mural) 5) Making their own decisions without communicating with the client. a. We had agreed on a level of the floating vanity shelf, but they forgot to count in the drain pipe, so instead they made their own decision on putting the floating vanity shelf at a much lower level without my approval. This changed the look completely. I had to convince them to redo it and I had to provide a solution to the problem that they have caused. This of course caused delay in the timeline. 6) Destroyed my hardwood floor in the process. a. To protect the floors in the surround rooms, they put papers that was secured by some type of tape. When the work was done and they removed the tape, it pulled off a layer of the wax. Right now, you can still see where the tape was on the floor. They didn’t compensate me for that at all. So they actually didn’t protect my floor, they destroyed it. 7) Doesn’t keep to their words. a. I live in a loft. Eric said he will seal and contain the bathroom area using plastic sheets so the dust doesn’t get ever where. He didn’t. He only covered the tv and one book shelf. It was dust in the entire home including my bedroom. b. I had wanted to redo the kitchen floor as well using the same tile as the bathroom floor. I told Eric before the start of the project and he even took measurement. It never got done because he keep forgetting to ask the tile guys to add that to their work. When I realized how bad this bathroom project was going, I ended up canceling the kitchen floor work because I couldn’t trust him anymore. 8) Hidden charges a. When they send the invoice at the end of project, they had added labor for polishing the floating vanity shelf and installing shelves above the toilet. Labors should be included in the flat fee that was contracted for. They didn’t communicate with me about this. The invoice was over $4000 above what had been agreed upon. b. They had to put in new copper plumbing to meet the code. They claim this wasn’t known prior to start of the work. Of course you wouldn’t because it is behind the wall. How would you ever know unless you took down the walls? And they never told me about this extra cost nor got my authorization for it. It was however stated in the invoice that they sent at the endDannie W.
- Business Description:At Bay State Refinishing and Remodeling, we’re experts in improving homes throughout the Boston area. Our local home refinishers and remodelers have been working in the area for two decades and know Boston homes and commercial spaces. Our award-winning team is fully licensed and bonded with the experience needed to get the job done. We will do everything we can to exceed your expectations. Our team of craftsmen, designers, and contractors are experts in every aspect of refinishing and remodel..Recent Review:Working with Bay State was a dream and I couldn’t recommend them more highly. I never would have thought that working with a contractor could be so easy! We did a complete remodeling of our bathroom and we couldn’t be happier. It is now a beautiful, usable space and even though we were working from home the entire time and it was a major project, they minimized the disruption as much as possible. From the start they made every piece of it as easy as they could for us and laid out exactly what they needed from us and what to expect. Our designer, Sabrina, also came up with an idea to change the layout to maximize space that I never would have thought of on my own. We worked with Marcio, David, and Paulo, and they were all amazing and kind. They took the time to explain what was happening at each stage and gave excellent recommendations. Their communication was truly exceptional—Andreina gave us weekly updates and the entire time we were very clear on what was happening when. Andreina and David were available via text the whole time and if anything popped up they dealt with it ASAP. Also, the cherry on top, they were done ahead of schedule. In the future for any major projects I will be going straight to Bay StateNicole L.
- Business Description:Here to help with all your remodeling needs. Give us a call today!Recent Review:Excellent service, professional, honest, quality materials.Jaime A.
Deals in Somerville for Home Remodeling
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home remodeling contractor articles
A new shower can be one of the best additions you ever make to your home. Use this guide to learn how the final shower installation cost will vary depending on factors including the shower’s size, design, and where you’re installing it.
If your bathroom feels a little drab, you can give it a refresh by replating your fixtures. This can bring a whole new look to any bathroom. Learn the types of replating, costs, and whether to replate or replace bathroom fixtures.
Find home remodeling contractors in
- Brookline Village
- East Boston
- Chestnut Hill
- South Boston
- West Newton
home remodeling contractors in Somerville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1-800-BUSYDOGPO Box 920624
- 199619 Washburn St
East Weymouth, Massachusetts
- 1ST ENVIRONMENTAL CONTRACTORS4 Boston Road
- 2 Penn Painting & Roofing81 Stard Rd
Seabrook, New Hampshire
- 2 Rivers Contracting & Services IncPO Box 1512
- 3G's Construction57 E Central St 2
- 3SM MARBLE & GRANITE1461 B Main Street
- 4 Seasons Construction143 Lincoln St # 2
- 4 Seasons PlumbingP.O. Box 774
- 6-J ConstructionPO Box 666
- 7 hills Construction LLC8 West Street
- A & Boston Granite and Marble Inc.105 River Street
- A C TILE71 Leitha Drive
- A Classic Kitchen Cabinet Refacing12 Pond Rd #12
Hillsborough, New Hampshire
- A Cosco & Son LLC75 Nyack St
- A Custom CoPO Box 111
- A D CONSTRUCTION LLC1750 Washington St Suite B1
- A F Ventolieri Plumbing & Heating519 Albany St, Suite 103
- A G Reliable Remodeling41 Whittemore Rd.
- A J Wood Construction Inc337 Haverhill Rd 337 Haverhill Rd.
Chester, New Hampshire
- A M CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT INC52 NANTASKET AVE
- A Mark of Perfection45 Dexter Street
Nashua, New Hampshire
- A Moving Experience Co391 Franklin St
- A Pelosi Plumbing & Heating38 Emerald Rd
- A to Z257 Mendon Rd
- A Total Co115 Summer St
- A&A Construction LLC7 Fulton St
Hudson, New Hampshire
- A&G Association Inc24 Observatory Ave
- A&M General Contractors & Builders LLC232 S Main st
- A+ Plus Quality Plastering2B Shingle Mill Rd.
Hudson, New Hampshire
- A-1 NEW & USED PLUMBING & HTG30 PROSPECT ST
- A. OCAMPO Landscaping18A Everett Ave
- A.C. Remodel113 allston street
- A.D. Builders300 brickstone square 201
- A.G.S REMODELING77 oaks rd
- A.R.T. Home Solutions598 Beacon St.
- AA Contracting7 Liberty Lane
- AA Tile Works211 Baker St
West Roxbury, Massachusetts
- AAA GENERAL CONTRACTING INCPO Box 615
East Hampstead, New Hampshire
- AAA TILE PLUS45 Apricot st.
- Aaron Melville322 W 4th St N
- Aaron Plumbing, Heating and ContractingPO Box 80250
- ABA General Contractors91 Everit Ave
- aba plumbing heating and drain cleaning81 Prospect St
- ABBEY CARPET & FLOORS238 WASHINGTON ST
- ABC Supply Company INC / Bradco / Wickes (Check Pa25 Union Ave
- ABCO ROOFING and Construction10 Meghann Lane
- Abdinoor's Carpet Craft109 Arlington St
- About Face Kitchens27 Walnut St
- Above Builders143 BALDWIN STREET
- Above Quality Plumbing & Heating40 Eaton Rd
- ABR remodeling Inc5 fernwood dr unit d
- Abrantes Building Company55 Harding St
- Absolute Granite & Design19 Craig Rd
- Absolute Home Comfort151 Veterans Rd.
- Absolute Precision Plumbing, Heating & Cooling5 Wildwood Rd
- Accessible Solutions349 N. Main St.
- Accurate home improvement
- ACE Handyman Services of Greater Boston401 Lowell St Ste 2
- Ace Home Medics143 Main Street
North Reading, Massachusetts
- ACTON GLASS19 Keefe rd P.O. Box 2678
- Adam Charest painting Co.90 Houghton Rd
- ADAM'S KITCHENS INC125 MAIN ST
- Adamo Stone Design296 Freeport St
- Adaptations Unlimited25 Fox Run Rd
Newington, New Hampshire
- ADD MARK CONSTRUCTION22 COTTAGE ST
- Addeo and Sons Construction Inc120 MILFORD RD
South Grafton, Massachusetts
- Adone Tile & Bath 52 Grove St
- Adrian Construction Company1 Garrett Dr
- Adrian's Tile8 Dyer Ave
- Ads On Wheels, Inc.10 Cotton Rd
Nashua, New Hampshire
- Advanced Electrical Service560 Massapoag Ave
- Advanced Restorations370 county rd
- Advanced Roofing Siding and Windows Inc576 Boston Post Rd E Suite: I-A
- Advantage Design and Construction23 Temple Street
Nashua, New Hampshire
- Affinity Construction, Inc.25 Osgood St.
- Affordable Cabinet Refacing18 Dundee Park # 10
- Affordable Precision2 Bradford street
- Affordable Quality Kitchens & Stone537 County St.
- Affordable Services LLC22 Roosevelt Ave.
- Affordable Tile and Grout6 Murray Rd.
- AFM Carpentry corp.668 Robbins ave #13
- AFR Construction & Services18 Henry Ave.
- AG - Remodeling & Construction28 Suffield St. #2
- Against The Grain898 Waverly St
- Ageless Artistry44 Prichard St # 5
- AGF MARBLE & GRANITE10 Nashua St
- AirPro Environmental Solutions LLCPO Box 505
- AJ Construction CompanyPO Box 541
West Wareham, Massachusetts
- Aklit Plumbing & Heating55 Alpena Ave
- Alain Construction Inc27 Eaton St
- ALBA CONSTRUCTION70 Ardale St
- Albatross Masonry & Construction25 Palmer St
- Albion Painting52 Lime St
- Alcantara Contractor407R Mystic Ave Unit 36A
- Aldrich Roofing And Carpentry66 Vernon St
- Alewife Plumbing254 Prospect St
- Alex Contractor5 Kimball Ct
- Alexander Remodeling Services259 Calvary Street
- Alexis Home Remodeling98 Rossmore Rd # 2
Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
- A & Boston Granite and Marble Inc.