Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Loves Park, IL
There are 11 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Loves Park
- D.W. DrywallD.W. Drywall did a fabulous job! They provided a timely quote, arrived on time to do the work, kept us informed on the progress, and cleaned up after the job. They were professional and their rates were affordable. I would highly recommend them and would definitely hire them again. A+++ Reference.
- D T ConstructionI had been trying to get a general contractor to come and give me a bid for a garage addition, with residing, reroofing, windows and doors for months. I happened to see one of D. T. Construction's employees repairing a roof down the street form my house. I asked Marty, (the man on the repair) if he could come down and take a look for me. Without hesitation he said he would and came down as soon as they finished the roof they were repairing. I am an avid DIY person and really have NEVER had a contractor to the house in over 25 years, I have added a window, removed walls and added a powder-room including my own plumbing and electric, so I never needed one before. Marty took all the information, my rough drawing of what I was looking to do and, very importantly, LISTENED to what my needs and wants were. He took everything and ran with it. I had about a 30K budget and between Marty and Dave (the owner) they put together two bids for me. One was the Dream bid of a 24 X 30 garage with the other work I needed done on the house. The second bid was for the 24 X 24 garage with the other work I needed. I know that they tried to get me into my dream garage but my budget just was not there. We did the smaller garage 24 X 24, that they fit into the $$ that I had budgeted. Dave got hold of me within a day or two, even though I first talked to Marty on a Saturday, to talk to me about coming out to see the project. We made an appointment and THEY SHOWED UP!! After dealing with about 8 - 12 other contractors that never even called back or never showed, this was only the first surprise of many good things to come. Dave, Marty, and I discussed what I wanted to do, and within a week they had put together the 2 bids that they said they would do for me. As I said earlier I went with the bid that fit my budget. D. T. Construction (Dave) contracted the complete job including: excavation, foundation, flat-work, framing, electrical, roof on the garage and siding on the garage. I also had D. T. redo the remainder of the house's roof, wrap and siding, new windows and storm door, gutters and soffits. They always showed up when they said they would, worked within the schedule Dave promised and the job went so smoothly I was amazed. The ONLY hiccup on the entire project was with one window. The front of the house was to have 3 double-hung windows installed where a picture window was already on the house. The window representative listened to my request and said there would be no problem building the window I wanted, but he (the window rep.) still ordered the incorrect window. As soon as the problem was realized Dave was on the phone with the window supplier. The window supplier offered to give me a break on the price of the window. Dave and I talked about it and I decided that I did not want the incorrect window, I wanted the window that I wanted. Dave assured me that what I wanted was what he would do! He was back on the phone with the window supplier right away. The correct window was ordered but would take 4-5 weeks to be made, Dave confirmed with me that I could wait and that whenever the window came in HE would come back and install the window. I felt that the window company should have made it worth Dave's time and effort to come back and finish the window, but Dave made it correct for us. Dave and Marty, finished everything but that window so that we would have the house as close to being done as possible, then came back the day after the window arrived and finished the house up. If I EVER need a Great contractor again, let me say that again a Great contractor, I would not hesitate to call D. T. Construction. I have already boasted and recommended them to others. From the first scoop of dirt, to the last nail in the trim, I am completely satisfied with the job read less
- Scuba Steve Premier Handyman and Remodeling ServicesSteve is an awesome contractor. He is very reasonable, professional & very punctual.. He painted my kitchen & did my ceramic tile along with my broken drain in the kitchen sink.. All was done in 3 days. He even built us a shelf where we had taken out our dishwasher & it looks awesome. I will hire him again in the future. We are so happy with his work & you cant beat his prices. Thank you Scuba Steve read less
- Beyer Builders IncExcellent work, great service. I hired Beyer Builders to help my elderly parents with a serious bathroom problem. Their very old toilet had leaked and caused visible floor and wall damage. When Beyer Builders removed the toilet and the wall they discovered a great deal of mold inside. They proceeded to replace the toilet, some old pipes, the wall on bathroom side and adjoining closet side, and the floor. They were professional, prompt, courteous, and trustworthy. The woman who helped us on the phone (sorry, I don't remember her name) was very nice, understanding, and helpful. She even handled submitting a claim, with photos, to my parents insurance company for the mold issue. Thanks to all read less
- Beyer Builders IncWe have always done all of the remolding & repairs ourselves in our home, but as we get older we can't do a lot of things. We really didn't know who to call and we read all the great reviews on Beyer Builders on Angles List.. We now have turned to Beyer Builders for there help with all our projects and repairs. John came out & gave us a estimate on installing a new dish washer & Granite counter top & stainless steel sink. He didn't try tp pressuring us into getting things done that we could not afford. He gave us a good price on just what we asked for. John is a very considerate & friendly person & we hit it off right away. He is very well informed on all the new product on the market. He replaced our countertop and sink & installed a new dish washer. He had to cutout a cabinet to installed the dish washer then rebuild the opening. He connected all the plumbing and electric for the dish washer.He make sure that everything was picked up and clean when he left each day. John in a very kind & considerate person & a great worker & we would recommend him to anyone. We now know who to call when we need any job done, John at Beyer Builders! Thanks John for a job well done read less
- Beyer Builders IncIf you've been reading my reviews for Beyer Builders, your starting to notice a pattern. All of the work is performed at fair rates, with great expertise, and on a business level everything is handled with integrity. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would recommend Beyer Builders to anyone, and I will continue to utilize their services going forward read less
- D.W. DrywallExcellent in every way. Quality of work superb. Punctuality and professionalism was perfect. Dave helped with some off the wall jobs I had too, including putting up a spot light with camera on the garage. He was very informative and showed me how to do a couple things I could do myself. Would I hire him again? In a heartbeat read less
- Kirt Johnson ConstructionMr. Johnson and his crew worked quickly and efficiently. Despite very cold weather, they completed the job in more than an appropriate time window.
- Redwood BuildersI did the typical homeowner thing where I anticipate being able to handle a project and quickly found I was in a bit over my head. I was hoping to do some finish work on my basement and thought everything would be simple. It proved to be a bit beyond my understanding and I went to Angie's list and a few other places for help. I ended up finding Redwood Builders (Jared) on Angie's list. He was semi local to me which was nice and made it easy for him to stop by one morning before I left for work. I had two other people out to look at the possible work as well. I ended up going with Redwood Builders for the job because I felt most comfortable with Jared compared to the others I had talked with. Overall it worked out very well. He was very open in communicating what was going to be done when and on what day. Overall everything has stayed relatively on time to what we discussed. The overall cost was higher than I had wanted to spend, but that is more to do with what I believe was my poor estimating on what real work costs. Compared to the other people I talked to he was right in line with them as far as costs go. On the costs, what I have appreciated is his openness to adjustments as we go. Initially we discussed a baseline cost for the project. He has stuck with that, but because of my request for an additional thing here or an additional item there the cost did increase. He never really said no to anything and just explained that might be an additional cost, gave me a rough idea of the cost, and we ended up going forward. In my work, I work with a lot of different contractor types in different industries and frankly I wish all were as personable and easy going as Jared. He did a good portion of the work himself. He did sub out some portions of the work, but the items he subbed out were done well by people that were professional and worked well and quickly. I know he had some personal issues pop up during the tail end of our job. Short of letting me know he really did not miss a beat. I fully would have understood any delays but he was very professional and very set on finishing what he had agreed to. I would gladly use Jared again on any possible future job and would recommend him to anyone looking read less
- amigos flat concreteI would hire them again. The patio was in a tricky area off the kitchen with a small yard area and no good way to get to it. Amigos tore out and hauled away the old patio with no residual problems. They were able to frame and pour the new patio in the limited workspace with ease. I would use them again and tell folks to use them. We actually looking at having our driveway done next year and we're looking at bringing in Amigos to do the work read less
Contractors in Loves Park
- Business Description:D.W. Drywall has been operating since 2006. We specialize in mostly residential work with some commercial experience. We are also fully insured. Billing is on a per job basis. Meaning that depending on the size of the job billing structure may vary. We are dedicated to making the process as stress free as possible. We use top of the line products and tools. No short cuts are ever taken read lessRecent Review:It was a great job done as I explained previously.Roberta H.
- Business Description:Beyer Builders Inc. is an owner operated and service driven business which means better value and greater success for you. A home maintenance and remodeling company that brings over 30 years experience to the building industry. Our team has the experience to turn your dreams into reality. Having the expertise to build new or restyle your home to fit your current and changing needs. Beyer Builders eliminates the need to call a general handyman, plumber, electrician, carpenter or painter to mai.. read lessRecent Review:We are extremely pleased with each of the many indoor- outdoor projects Beyer Builders professionally completed for us. They have brought our vision to reality by communicating easily and professionally with their great advice, proposals, and contracts. Their exceptional craftsmanship and workmanship include extraordinary attention to detail, done in a friendly manner read lessSherri M.
- Business Description:Armour Exteriors Is a 2nd generation family owned company who are proffesionals in Exterior home construction. We specialize in roofing, siding, gutters, windows, and doors. We have been in business for over 20 years and counting we strive for 100% customer satisfaction, and keep our customers best interest. We work with the best financing companies to help our customers with their home improvement needs, offering great payment plans to fit each customers specific budget. Other Services we of.. read lessRecent Review:The work was great, high praises, they listened to me for the work needed and they followed every instructions and I was pleased with their work.Shirley H.
- Business Description:Offering quality service from a neighborhood handyman with old world work ethic.Recent Review:He came to see what we needed done - said he would be back with an estimate - HE DID NOT COME BACK AND DID NOT CALL.wayne l.
- Business Description:I am prepared to dive into any project your looking to have completed or have done. I do remodeling and handyman repairs or your honey list for your home or business. No repair to small. I have over 35 years of experience. I take great care in all I do. I am a hard working independent and no subcontractors are used. I always keep home owners up-to-date on repairs as it progresses. I have fair rates for top quality craftsmanship! Please visit the photos of previous work on my profile. I have r.. read lessRecent Review:Steve responded promptly to my request for Quote on work needed unlike several others I'd contacted. He came out and provided a Quote on everything asked for and gave me an good explanation on what the jobs would take and how he'd go about it. He quoted all jobs and gave me a schedule within a week of when he could come out and do everything. Steve was out as scheduled performed all the work (except the Deck which was scheduled for the next day) with no assistance needed from us and very professionally. The next day was washed out due to rain and as soon as we had a break in the weather Steve showed up again, went right to work and finished the last job once again better than we hoped we'd get. Steve is a Professional and does exactly what he says he'll do. We are very happy to find him and even happier about the work he did for us read lessJoe W.
- Business Description:We provide Construction and Maintenance Services delivered in a professional and timely manner at a reasonable cost.Recent Review:It was excellent. He has very good ideas and listen to my ideas, and put things together. He's very easy to work with and very professional.Diane K.
- Business Description:We are a veteran owned and operated general construction contracting company that has been in business for 2 years. New construction, remodels, all types of flooring, drywall, concrete, fence, deck rework and new installation, and painting (interior and exterior). We do not leave a job or project without the customer being completely satisfied read lessRecent Review:I'd give BKL 5 stars if they offered it. Beau was willing to do a small job and I really appreciate that so much. He was here on time and finished the job in just a few minutes. His price was very, very affordable and I am going to call on him again for another job in a week or so. Thanks, Beau! read lessTimothy S.
- Business Description:All Star Installations is a building maintenance company based in McHenry, IL. We are the best choice for all of your interior and exterior repair & remodeling needs.Recent Review:All Star Installations Inc was professional in every way. We had our roof replaced and our chimney cap repaired. They did both jobs with skill and precision. They were thorough, hardworking, and an immense pleasure to work with. They did a tremendous job from start to finish and the clean up was impeccable. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience. The new roof and chimney cap on our home looks amazing! I highly recommend All Star Installations Inc. Ryan and Chris are top notch!! read lessCrystal R.
- Business Description:We are a full service painting, and decorating company dedicated to quality, and professionalism. Progressive Restoration is a responsible, ethical, and goal orientated company. It is our mission to provide our clients with a superior level of trust, quality, and professional service possible. We are commited to the highest level of integrity, and believe our level of honesty, and quality seperates us, from our competition. By these values, we strive to bring you, your friends, and business .. read lessRecent Review:The project turned out great! Progressive Restoration was awesome to work with. They were decisive, efficient, and skilled. Marc was super responsive, and the pricing for the job was more than fair. They will be our 1st call for any future carpentry work that comes up at our house. Highly recommend read lessJoe L.
- Business Description:Full service design, build and remodel contractor. Servicing SE Wisconsin since 2016. Our team does it all from light updates to full renovations. Our experience team of installers is ready to transform your vision to reality read lessRecent Review:We couldn't be happier with the work that Construct Boss did for us. We had an idea of what we wanted, and with the suggestions they gave, or basement turned out better than we hoped for. The entire basement was done on time and on budget read lessTim H.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Machesney Park
- Cherry Valley
- Candlewick Lake
- Poplar Grove
- South Beloit
- Monroe Center
- Davis Junction
- Stillman Valley
general contractors in Loves Park
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- AC Best Heating and Cooling LLC201 Talladega Dr. Sw
Poplar Grove, Illinois
- Agape Building & Development6436 Edgewood Road
Machesney Park, Illinois
- ALL AROUND CONSTRUCTION6908 Forest Hills Road
Loves Park, Illinois
- All In One Contractor44 Manchester Rd
South Beloit, Illinois
- All Property Services5411 East State Street #334
- All Star Construction Services Inc.1136 W Stephenson St.
- All Star Installations Inc1007 Rand Rd
- American Elite Development PLLC
Hoffmann Estates, Illinois
- amigos flat concrete2838 marshall st
- AREA ROOFING & RENOVATIONS LLC4204 SHOREWOOD DR
- Armoured Exteriors Inc3422 Colony Bay Dr
- Arnold's Construction8916 RT 76
- AC Best Heating and Cooling LLC
- Badger Pro Construction648 Westport Drive
- BANNER CONSTRUCTION CO INC125 W FACTORY ST
- BERTRAND CONSTRUCTION INC12726 VENTURA BLVD
Machesney Park, Illinois
- Beyer Builders Inc2545 Spring Creek Rd
- BKL Construction
- Blackstone Contracting5704 Newburg Road
- Bob Logan Remodeling Inc5629 Favor Rd
- Badger Pro Construction
- C&H Builders Inc6506 Logan Ave
- C.O.G. Home Preservation7427 Mildred Rd
Machesney Park, Illinois
- CLARK CONSTRUCTIONPo Box 908
- Complete Construction & Remodeling225 Ocean Ave
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
- Construct Boss9401 W. Beloit Road Suite 202
- custom cedar shop inc4116 dempster ave
- C&H Builders Inc
- D T Construction16700 Goodrich Rd
- D&D Roofing, Home Remodeling and Sealcoat404 gardner street #3
South Beloit, Illinois
- D&T Construction4570 W Basswood Rd
- DAN TURMAN & SON CONSTRUCTION4401 REDWOOD DRIVE
- Darge Contracting2225 Chenowith Ct
- Dave Benjamin Construction7223 Mccurry Rd
- Degenhardt Construction324 West Garfield St
- Do It 4 U Home Improvement306 N Charles St
- Drda Renovation and Remodeling2031 3rd Ave
- DREAM BUILDERS INC10602 FRANKLIN ST.
- Dream Line Remodeling LLC2011 Harrison Ave
- D T Construction
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Handy Haro Construction132 S Blackhawk Ave
- Hegbom Remodeling110 Prince Ct SE
Poplar Grove, Illinois
- Home Design SolutionsW4782 Pembridge Trl
- Honey Done Handyman8229 11th St
Davis Junction, Illinois
- Huffman estates property services4718 Terrang Trl
Machesney Park, Illinois
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- K & N Services9920 W St Rd 213
- K and K Quality Construction2886 E 6th St
- K and P Mobile home specialist430 dewey st
- Kirt Johnson Construction3412 Michael Dr
- KNOPP CONSTRUCTION, INC.5032 BENT TREE CT.
- Knopp Construction, Inc.5032 Bent Tree Ct.
- K & N Services
- Macktown Construction648 Westport Dr
- Maysura Enterprises, Inc. (MEI)6316 Vaughn Dr NE
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
- MC Contractors7840 Forest Hill Rd
- McCormick Enterprises Inc.629 14th St
- men at work construction1504 9th Ave
- Mid Northern Construction412 E Dixon St
- Mindset Enterprises5304 Forest Hills ct
Loves Park, Illinois
- Macktown Construction
- S & R Custom Homes & Remodeling Inc5518 Kilburn Ave
- Schiller Hardwood Floor Designs131 Brandywine Dr. SE
Poplar Grove, Illinois
- Sean Adams Custom Carpentry1350 Kysor Dr
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Shattuck - Byers Construction Inc9785 Lawrenceville Rd
Garden Prairie, Illinois
- Snyder's General Contractor4856 E Lawn Dr
- Square One Restoration1501 Minns Dr
Machesney Park, Illinois
- StairMasters, Inc.73 W. Elm Street - PO Box 582
- Stenes Contractors Inc.701 S. Chippewa Ave.
- Stoll Sales & Construction5605 Lambeth Ln
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Sweet Exteriors and Construction, IncPO Box 517
- S & R Custom Homes & Remodeling Inc
- VanHauen Services107 Liberty Blvd
Machesney Park, Illinois
- VanHauen Services