Scuba Steve Premier Handyman and Remodeling Services

Founded 2011 • With Angi since July 2012

I am prepared to dive into any project your looking to have completed or have done. I do remodeling and handyman repairs or your honey list for your home or business. No repair to small. I have over 35 years of experience. I take great care in all I do. I am a hard working independent and no

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

A Service Provider's profile imagebeforeafter

handyman (158)electrician (35)plumbers (32)drywall (32)home remodeling (31)interior painting (25)tile installation (20)lighting (17)door installation (13)ceiling fan installation (13)woodworking (12)flooring (11)

07/21/2022

Luann E.

The kitchen ceiling fan was a bit troublesome, but that was no fault on Steve's part. The junction box was the culprit but Steve solved the problem. The pressure washing made the house sparkle and the stain on the deck has renewed the deck. Awesome job guys! Thank-you for your hard work.

Description of Work
Pressure wash house/deck, install kitchen ceiling fan.

Category decks, pressure washing, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 07/21/2022

07/08/2022

Michael C.

Steve handled everything very professionally. He was easy to work with and very competent. During estimation he told us what he expected to have to do and how much he expected it to cost. He was upfront about his time table to be able to start. Once he started, the project flowed smoothly. He replaced the broken French drain that caused the moisture intrusion. Afterwards, he removed the moldy carpeting, tack strips, drywall, and studs. During the project, we asked him to upgrade the room from fluorescent to LED with a dimmer. He was upfront about the added cost. He cleaned the mold off the concrete, filled the cracks in the concrete and sealed it up. Then he replaced the studs and drywall and painted the whole room. He supervised the carpet installation at our request. What was once a molded bonus room is now a fully functional, comfortable, and beautiful homeschool room for our children. Thank you, Steve!!!

Description of Work
French drain replacement, mold remediation, lighting upgrade, partially finished basement remod

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 06/24/2022

Review for Scuba Steve Premier Handyman and Remodeling Services - 3750 Westview Dr NE, Cleveland, TN - 39795368

04/29/2022

Resa C.

He was excellent I would give him five stars. He returned phone calls, he was prompt, courteous and professional. He worked everyday and kept us up to date and pays good attention to details. We are using him again for another project.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel and kitchen backsplash

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/25/2022

04/23/2022

Jeffrey H.

The bathroom floor isn't level. He tried 3 times with "self leveling cement" and couldn't get it right. For a remodel pro with 30 years experience, that's ridiculous. The rest of the project had it's problems but turned out Ok. I'll have somebody else come in and fix the floor. If they are able to pour a level floor on the first try, Ill come back and change this review to 2 stars. Steve is very personable, answers your questions, and explains what he's doing, but in the end, the result speaks for itself. The bathroom has a big bump in the middle of the floor.

Description of Work
Remodel the small bathroom

Category contractors, remodeling

Work Completed On 03/02/2022

I'm very surprised. I asked him if he wanted us to remove what was on the floor or go over top. The home owner told me to go over top of what was on the cement. He gave the okay to go forward and never asked me to correct the issue. We pride ourselves on making things right. Yet we can only know if the customer isn't happy with something if we are told. I can only say. At the time we moved forward because the home owner approved the repairs and told me he didn't want to spend more money to do the additional work. So that is what we did. Now because it did not turn out as he wished he want to place blame elsewhere. But refused to do what was recommended. It's hard to satisfy without communication. All we can work to do better with our part and the next home owner is more forthcoming...

08/09/2021

Joe W.

Steve responded promptly to my request for Quote on work needed unlike several others I'd contacted. He came out and provided a Quote on everything asked for and gave me an good explanation on what the jobs would take and how he'd go about it. He quoted all jobs and gave me a schedule within a week of when he could come out and do everything. Steve was out as scheduled performed all the work (except the Deck which was scheduled for the next day) with no assistance needed from us and very professionally. The next day was washed out due to rain and as soon as we had a break in the weather Steve showed up again, went right to work and finished the last job once again better than we hoped we'd get. Steve is a Professional and does exactly what he says he'll do. We are very happy to find him and even happier about the work he did for us.

Description of Work
Had a Laundry List of Projects beyond my capabilities I needed help with - New Storm Door, Paint Front Door, Caulk Bathrooms, Coat & Seal Deck

Category decks, handyman service, pressure washing, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/08/2021

07/30/2021

Sara J.

We had our bathroom floor redone with ceramic tile. Steve does a great job and is knowledgeable of his profession! He shows efficiency and quality in his work. He gave us recommendations and helped us with any questions we had. He will be our go to for any future house work or repairs! A+++

Description of Work
Bathroom flooring

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 07/25/2021

Review for Scuba Steve Premier Handyman and Remodeling Services - 3750 Westview Dr NE, Cleveland, TN - 39422988

07/05/2021

Kate L.

Steve did a fantastic job remodeling our master bath. From demo to completion took 3 weeks (M-F, from about 8 AM to 2 PM every day.) He showed up every single day on time except once for a family emergency, but he called and gave us notice, so no worries at all. He explained everything he was doing along the way, and had good advice on things like grout choices, finishes, etc. You get more than what you pay for with Steve. We've used several different companies and handymen for our house projects, but going forward we'll always call Steve first.

Description of Work
Terrific bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/07/2021

06/28/2021

Scott S.

It went well. Scuba Steve was early,worked hard, fast and smart. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Steve installed a pull down ladder in our garage attic

Category contractors

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

04/25/2021

Brittany E.

Pretty simple. Everything asked was done.

Description of Work
Install Microwave

Work Completed On 04/25/2021

03/28/2021

Mike M.

First, I received a call from "scuba Steve" asking if he could come several hours early. When he arrived, he appeared to immediately have a bad attitude. Still, I attempted to pleasantly interact with him to review the needed repairs. He began to tell me this would probably cost...were probably looking at...I then shared with him that I would have to have a written estimate at his convenience. This appeared to anger him, he stormed off, got in his van and left. No further contact, certainly, no written estimate. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Extensive interior and exterior repair work

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, pressure washing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/22/2021

The home owner showed me work on the roof and siding which I'm not qualified to do. I tried to explain to him that I was not the correct person to replace his roof and siding. But no matter how many times I stated such, he insisted that I send a quote. I feel bad I could not provide the services he wanted. I will take his comments with great reflection. All I can do is to attempt to be more clear in my explanation of the services I am well experienced in. I surly would not take on a project I could not professionally finish. I would like to add. I try to always be pleasant when talking to others. I can only hope to find the home owner understanding when I can't submit a bid for work I am not qualified to preform so I won't not get another review as this. I can see I failed in my efforts with this person. I will do my best to explain more clearly in the further to a home owner when I will not be submitting a quote because I am unable to take on any particular project.

12/27/2020

Clint C.

Steve was excellent in his straight forward manner and honesty in evaluating the job and providing a quote. He showed up early every day he was scheduled to work and accomplished the work he said he would do. And he did an excellent job. I added more to the job as it went and Steve was fair and direct in how he could do it, fitting it into his work schedule and providing a fair quote. I've kept his business card in case I want any future remodeling or repair work done - a direct, honest, and competent contractor is hard to find.

Description of Work
A bit of kitchen remodeling and installing tile.

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

11/23/2020

Christine G.

Steve worked miracles on our old house & within our budget. This old house had some issues but Steve had solutions for everything that came up, he made our bathroom so beautiful & his suggestions for solutions reflected his vast experience. He’s a hard worker!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

Review for Scuba Steve Premier Handyman and Remodeling Services - 3750 Westview Dr NE, Cleveland, TN - 39043831

08/18/2020

Brent C.

Steve was easy to reach and replied the same day as my inquiry. After I gave an honest description of the job that I needed done, I received a verbal good faith estimate of the job. The next day Steve came to the home to see the project first hand and give a written quote. After looking at the job, Steve decided to pass. I believe that it was more than he desired to do and he realized that he underbid the job. I think we both ended up on the right side of things. He did not want the job and I did not feel confident either. I am now looking for another bid. I am sure that it will be more, but that is okay. A workman is worthy of his hire. I just hope to find someone that is priced fair that I feel comfortable with.

Description of Work
replace hardwood and tile with new tile

Category small appliance repair

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

Thank you for the feed back. I did not feel the price the owner of the home was offering was fair. That is why I passed on the project. After seeing the project, and that I would need to remove the counter top and base cabinets and the person I spoke with wanted me to lower my price. I felt it was better to move on and not make a bid.

06/09/2020

Davd W.

Good job. Started and finished when he said.

Description of Work
Repaired water damaged sheet rock.

Category drywall, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

05/06/2020

Ron W.

We knew we had a leak and other issues in our master bath shower. We thought possibly the tile/shower needed to be completely replaced. Called Steve to get an estimate to replace tile/shower. Turned out to be a faulty pipe that Steve replaced. Steve was easy to coordinate with, was here when he said he would be here, thorough and honest. Will definitely use him going forward for repairs and remodeling.

Description of Work
Bathroom plumbing repair

Category plumbing, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

05/06/2020

KIP R.

Arrived on time each day. Works fast and efficiently. Meticulous about details and polite. Very satisfied with work performance and end results. Would gladly have him do more work when needed.

Description of Work
painting, plumbing, wall repair

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

04/28/2020

Danraj M.

I called this guy up for a quote He had a bad attitude from the very start I finally convinced him to come and take a look at the job instead of give me some stupid number over the phone he told me he had a job he had to go take a look at and after the job he'll come over here and take a look at this one but he didn't instead he made up some stupid excuse that he called me which he did not and give me a ridiculous price I will never do business with this guy

Description of Work
Horrible Service

Category drywall

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

Thank you for the feed back! We appraite all feed back, it help with our business to become a better customer service oriented company. We will investagate and resolve this matter professinaly and seek to resolve this as quickly as possible. We are a 2019 Super Service Award Winner that we proudly earned.

10/16/2019

Gary L.

Steve has moved from Northern Illinois for family reasons. He is not available anymore in this region for his valuable skills.

Description of Work
carpentry and handyman

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

Thank you. I know I still get calls from Illinois. everyone is been understanding and polite. I'm now serving the great community of Chattanooga Tennessee.

09/30/2019

Manny H.

Steve was very punctual, 30 minutes early from when he said he would be here to start working. Always communicated his status updates or issues. He is very knowledgeable, confident and proud of his work. And I can see why... in one week he managed to transform our sad, pathetic, embarrassment of a shower area into a beautifully stunning shower area that we could finally be proud of. We can't thank Steve enough for his hard work and craftsmanship the quality is second to none!

Description of Work
We had a leak in the bathroom for which a previous gentleman came in tore off some of the tile and broke some of the drywall in order to see the pipes. Unfortunately the gentleman never came back nor did he finish the project. And we still had the leak. We had to cover the holes with plastic and tape in order to use the shower. What turned out to be a leak, ended up being an entire remodel of our bathroom tub walls.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

06/22/2019

Kelly G.

I hired Steve before for some carpentry work and he did exceptionally well. Steve instructed me on what items I would need to purchase. It went well.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category handyman service, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/21/2019

06/12/2019

Victoria L.

I have contracted Steve multiple times for various around the home projects and have been very satisfied each and every time. He takes pride in his work and is ready to work as soon as he walks in the door. I recommend Steve and will definitely hire again when the need arises.

Description of Work
Various "Honey Do" projects

Work Completed On 06/12/2019

06/09/2019

Aundrette S.

It went very well he’s always on time. He meets me at the store so I will get the right items I need for job.He always responds quickly. Yes I will keep hiring him as long as he working he’s a good person

Description of Work
Cabinets/ceiling fixed/flooring

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/09/2019

05/20/2019

Elizabeth L.

Could not do it until August. It’s May!! I had to put a rating down to submit. He did not preform service however he responded immediately! A+

Description of Work
Backsplash

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

Work Completed On 05/20/2019