A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic system services in Idaho Falls, ID
There are 0 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Idaho Falls
- Roto-RooterThese folks did an excellent job. Very informative answering all my questions and explained everything I was to expect. Kelly and Austin were very professional. Only company I could get to come out to Elk City for this service. I highly recommend this company when it's time to pump.
- JAG ENTERPRISESAlan Smith, (the owner of Jag) is a solid honest guy. I’ve known him for years and he’s 100% trustworthy and holds himself to high standards of quality.
- JAG ENTERPRISESThey are very prompt and professional! Answered all my questions and concerns and made me confident that I had made the right choice in calling them! Excellent work and great people to work with.
- King George's Royal FlushWhen I first called, Ralph explained the cost and the access they needed. We arranged a time and he promised to call first. Right on schedule, he showed up and first mad esure where the sprinklers were so he would not damage them. He pumped out the system, all the while educating me about sewer issues and how to avoid problems. Ralph was great. He treated me with great courtesy, took the time to answer all my questions, and was open and honest with me
- CR Higer Plumbing IncI had a hard time finding one to do this job as my business required me to do it. They responded quickly and they were here when they said they would be. He was young, very friendly and took care of it. I would recommend them to others. He explained a lot of what and why he was doing it. He was genuine and respectful of my property
- Roto-RooterPrepare a pathway from the door to the area(s) they will work, like a plastic runner, because they tend to need to come in and out at least once (first to evaluate, then to get any necessary tools from their truck). Sometimes they have to adjust the timing due to another job they are already scheduled for that runs overtime or due to the fact that the Menan plumbers have the one truck. Either way the Rigby location does the organizing of appointments and the driver/plumber will call if they wil arrive at any time other than what was scheduled. We always consulted a plumber friend (who knows plumbing well but doesn't have the time/tools to do the work himself) just to get an idea of what to expect from the hired plumber as well as how to explain what the problem may be. Roto-Rooter Rigby (using their Menan, ID plumbers), is our and quot;go-toand quot; plumber and septic tank servicer
- Affordable Septic Tank PumpingOwner/operator wears all the hats. Called the day before to remind us of the appointment the next day. Showed up on time and began to work. Did the job and left a clean work area. Avoided my lawn sprinkler system with the weight of his truck. Highly recommended.
- KG & T SEPTIC SERVICETook less than 1 hours to remove. Did a great job. They were kind and made sure to get here as soon as possible.
- BILL'S SEWER & DRAIN SVC INCThey were responsive. We were preparing to leave for New Year's Eve weekend when the septic tank backed up. We called and asked for them to pump it while we were gone. When we got home t was ready to use.
- GREENWOOD'S SEPTIC TANK PMPNGWe've used this septic tank pump company three times over the past ten years. We call and he comes the same day or the day after . . . our experiences have never been emergencies, so this is quick. He returns messages promptly. The first time we had our septic tank pumped we were first time home owners and had not a single clue. He walked us through what we needed to know about our septic tank and how best to take care of it. This is a business owned and run by one guy who has been doing this since 1978. He has the best prices in the area and is extremely competent
Last update on May 14, 2021
Septic Service Contractors in Idaho Falls, ID
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
An septic tank expert gives Angie's List tips to keep yours operating smoothly.
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Find septic tank services in
- Sugar City,
- Fort Hall,
Septic Tank Contractors in Idaho Falls, ID
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Vietzke Trenchless Inc2011 South Craig Road
Airway Heights, Washington 99001
- Vietzke Trenchless Inc
Septic tank companies that service Idaho Falls
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.