LawnTech

Founded 1982 • With Angi since January 2012

4.3

Full service lawn and tree maintenance, isa certified arborists on staff, design/build landscaping includes planting, turf installation, irrigation, hardscaping and water features. free estimates, leading company for 30 years in all eastern idaho including idaho falls, pocatello, blackfoot, rexburg. known for knowledgeable staff, quality work and fair prices. Additional DBAs - Ampro Inc, Ampro LawnTech Pest Control. Additional phones - (208) 356-0011, (208) 233-5296....

06/05/2018

LESLIE S.

It went really well. They were prompt, professional, arrived on time and gave suggestions for future upkeep. I was very pleased with the services.

Description of Work
the arrived promptly to fertilize and spray my yard for weeds.

Category lawn service

09/06/2017

Kathryn M.

they keep my grass greener and weed free, looks better then my neighbors lawn, but I have a small strip of grass on the side of my driveway that they have overlooked twice now.

Description of Work
seasonal spraying of back and front lawns

Category lawn treatment

06/05/2017

Marv T.

Paid Angie but no one called or showed. Requested round from Angie and await response.

Description of Work
Dead wood removal

Category lawn treatment

12/12/2016

Diane K.

I loved the way the gentleman trimmed my trees. He made sure the trees limbs were well balanced and checked with me afterwards to see if I liked the results. Also, he was nice enough to rehang my bird feeder on the higher tree limb I could not reach. The old limb had been trimmed off. Also, when the bugs are sprayed around the house, I am always notified so I can shut my windows.

Description of Work
Maintains my sprinkler system Sprays trees Trims trees Sprays lawn for weeds Fertilizes lawn

Category pest control,irrigation systems,lawn treatment,tree service

09/27/2016

Nathan W.

They do a good job for a reasonable price when they have time. That said, the last couple times I've called I've been rudely told that their schedule is full.

Description of Work
Routine lawn treatment and various lawn upkeep.

Category pest control,lawn treatment

08/26/2016

Justin F.

Scheduled a time to get my sprinklers repaired and adjusted. They said they would call me back and schedule a time. Week later I hadn't heard anything so I called them back. They said they would have someone out there in two days. At that time I also requested a lawn treatment for dandelions. They said they would schedule that. Tech came out and looked at my sprinklers and said roots had moved them. He said he didn't have the tools to remove the roots and I was on my own but they charged me anyway. He showed me which direction I should cut the roots. I did it as he said and cut right through the line. After several days they called me and said the tech for the spray would be there the next day. Never heard from them. 3 days later they call me again and said the tech would be out the following day. I asked them what time so I could meet them (need to unlock the gate and put my dog away) and he said early morning. 8am to 10am. At 12:30 I still hadn't heard from them so I called and cancelled. Save your time and just spray yourself. As for the sprinklers, as long as its a head replacement or something simple they can do it, but if its something simple you can do it too. Don't waste your time and money on these guys. I think the lawn service is 50/hr. The spray would have been about $40 per spray if they had actually showed up.

Description of Work
Sprinkler service and dandelion treatment.

Category irrigation systems,lawn treatment

10/19/2015

Anne O.

Probably a little spendy, but then I no longer have to purchase multiple products for application nor do I have to purchase and maintain a fertilizer spreader or other equipment for application of various products. My lawn is beautiful and weed free, shrubs are in great condition, fruit trees sprayed and no spiders around my house. For me, this service is a bargain. LawnTech employees are knowledgeable and professional. I highly recommend their service.

Description of Work
Fertilizes, and provides herbicide and pest protection for lawn, shrubs. About six applications per year, about $58.00 per application.

Category lawn service,lawn treatment,tree service

09/23/2015

Tina C.

Lawn Tech gives great service. If we did not like something, someone was out within the next day to fix what ever the issue was.

Description of Work
We have used Lawn Tech for over 25 years. They check our lawn and trees for issues, spray for weeds and fertilize. If we have any problems or issues, someone has come out within the same day or next day.

Category lawn service,lawn treatment,tree service

06/22/2015

Mark H.

You decide? 04-11-14 I initially called Lawn Tech and talked to the owner and he said it sounded like my spruce trees had the IPS beetle. He said the way to treat them is to cut down the damaged trees and spray the remaining trees right afterwards with a chemical they use that lasts 18 months and is cheaper than most others. He said the beetle has offspring 4 times a year and usually the first one in mid-April. I told him to send someone out to give me an estimate. They came out the same day and gave me estimates for cutting down and spraying the trees. I gave them a green light and they said they would be out within a week. 04-14-14 A couple days later they came out and cut down one whole tree, ground out the stump, and halved another. 04-15-14 I sent them a check for the work they had performed so far which was ~ $850.00 04-28-14 I sent the estimating person a text and a pic of tree with some dead branches they missed? I also tried calling her but no answer. Text message... Just to let u know they missed a branch and still waiting for trees to get sprayed. They need to call 1st cause dog is on the deck. 05-05-14 Well no reply from estimator so I started getting worried cause the weather was warming up and no spray yet, so I called the owner. I reminded him of what he told me? ?the remaining trees needed to be sprayed right after the damaged ones are removed to prevent further damage?. He said that is true and apologized and said he would see what was going on. 05-12-14 Have not heard a word yet, so I called and left a message with the receptionist to have the owner call me. 05-14-14 Still no word, so I called and asked receptionist if I could talk to the owner. She said just a minute, then she got back on the line and said he filled her in on what was going on and that the chemicals have not arrived yet. She was expecting them today or tomorrow. I told her they have to call me before they spray for I need to let my dog in the house. What! Why didn?t they tell me they didn?t have the chemicals and had to order them!!! 05-21-14 Still no word, so I called their office again. She said the chemicals are still not in but hopefully this week. 05-23-14 Their office called and said they would spray the trees today. When he came out to spray I told him I was not happy with them coming out to spray 6 weeks later. They were supposed to be out right after cutting them down to prevent further damage!!! I showed him the top of another tree that is now dying. And dead branches below where they halved the other tree. He said that he would write the ticket that I was not happy. 05-27-14 I called the office and asked them what the owners email address was. The receptionist said to send it to golawntech.com and she would forward it on to him. I sent an email with pictures of more branches dying on the halved tree and new a tree top dying. Email? ?Your folks came out and sprayed the remaining trees the end of last week ( ~6 weeks after cutting others down) and I wanted you to advise on what to do now, if anything? The attached pic titles are self-explanatory. Please let me know what to do for these trees are very important to us. 06-04-14 Still no word, so I called and talked to the receptionist to see if she had received my email. She looked, then stated that it was forwarded to him on the 29th and she would remind him of it. 07-07-14 Well one month later and still no word from them? So, I am going to give them one more chance to make things right. I am going to send them this timeline and If I do not hear from their office by the end of the week I am going to publish this timeline on Angie?s List and forward it on to the Better Business Bureau. 07-07-14 Sent them this timeline from here up and finally got a response. 07-09-14 They came out and cut the top off the newly damaged tree and cut more off the other halved one. Left a bill for $164.50 08-0-14 They sent me a bill with a $4 service charge for not paying for the spraying on 5-23. Note: I have not paid them anything since the initial $850. This is what I get for not waiting for the job to be complete before paying anything! 08-12-14 Sent an email to them for the first halved tree is all but dead and needs removed? ?Looks like the first tree you folks halved is not going to make it. Would you like to finish cutting it down and grind the root out? Let me know asap please. Thx? 08-13-14 They came out and removed what was left of the first halved tree and ground out the stump. They left a bill for $475 (removal and stump grind). 08-18-14 Sent them an email basically stating that I feel they should eat some of this cost for they did not spray the trees for almost 6 weeks and I feel this caused the further damage. 09-23-14 Received a bill for $645 and I sent it back to them and wrote this on it? ?I sent you folks an email on 8-18-14. I am NOT paying you anything until WE agree on a price! The owner can call me or I can come over.? 09-29-14 Sent them an email of the next tree dying. 02-11-15 Another tree died next to the other two and I had someone else come out and remove it. 04-06-15 Haven?t heard from them for a while and just received a bill for $726. Has some finance charges on it cause I haven?t paid it. So, I sent it back to them and wrote this on it? ?I sent the attached to you last September. Nothing has changed except had to cut yet another tree down! I am not paying you anything until the owner comes out to my house and sees what I have lost because of your negligence. I am willing to settle this if the Owner comes out and we agree on a price!? I also scanned and emailed the bill I wrote on with a video of my third tree falling. 06-19-15 Yes 14 months later!!! Well got another bill from them yesterday for $750. I?ve had it! Called them up and asked to talk to the owner. Of course they got back on the phone and said he?s busy. Guess I should have given them a fake name? So I left my number and told them to have him call me. Surprisingly he called and agreed to meet me at my house. We met, talked, and he basically kept stating that we didn?t know where the beetle was in its cycle, and I kept reminding him what he initially told me about spraying the trees right after removing the damaged areas. Anyway, he took a couple hundred bucks off and dropped the finance charges. I wrote him a check and we parted. I am truly disgusted with how the owner handled this whole situation and will never have anything to do with them again! I have also talked to quite a few other people that have nothing good to say about this company? I would have gladly paid them if they would have done what they said they were going to do in the first place! And, I would probably have a couple more trees?

Description of Work
Cut down damaged trees and sprayed remaining trees to avoid further damage from IPS Beetles

Category lawn treatment,tree service

05/19/2015

Michele B.

We sent LawnTech an email through this site, asking for an estimate. After not responding for 1.5 weeks we called. They said they were swamped and would get back to us. After not calling us back, we called them again a week later. They finally sent someone out then, and the person did not even attempt to coordinate with us. We said we would like to be home and could be available, and would like to chat with them about what kind of services we were interested in. They just left a pamphlet on our door. Apparently they were not interested in getting any new customers. Their response and level of professionalism was dismal.

Category lawn service

LawnTech

Founded 1982 • With Angi since January 2012

4.3

4401 Commerce Cir

Idaho Falls, ID 83401

Residential and commercial lawn fertilization, weed, insect & disease control, aeration, dethatching, sprinkler startups, winterizations, tree, shrub pruning & removal.

Lawn mowing (can provide quality references).

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available