When you bought your dining room set, you probably didn’t consider how to ship it to your next home. Here are five tips to safely ship a dining room set.
Get matched with top moving companies in La Porte City, IA
There are 14 highly-rated local moving companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Movers Reviews in La Porte City
- Breda Moving Company IncThe packing and storage were excellent done by Breda was excellent. The move to Iowa from Breda Storage was by Wheaton Van Lines. Unpacking at destination in Cedar Falls, IA was not as good as work done by Breda. Some of our goods were damaged during the unpacking. I would recommend Breda Moving and Storage, but not Wheaton Van Lines
- Blue Line Moving & StorageThey were able to accommodate our last minute request for help. The movers who arrived were professional and quick. Price was very reasonable. I would recommend them.
- My Guys Moving & StorageThey were excellent. They went out of their way. First of all, they brought all kinds of supplies and things to give us which I thought was amazing. When they packaged everything, they did an extra extra amount of packaging on everything so that nothing would break or get hurt. They were there for hours just packing up. They were wonderful and their attitude was wonderful. They came when they said. Everything was great. There wasn't a single thing that wasn't great. I would absolutely use them again in the future if I needed to and I would recommend them to anybody
- Alpha Express IncMy aunt was kind enough to over to hire a moving crew as a wedding/housewarming gift. We had short notice on this so we immediately began calling around on a Friday afternoon. Most moving services we called didn't answer the phone and the others were either booked for weeks in advance or charged astronomical amounts (especially for a weekend move). However, when my wife called Alpha Express Inc., a very friendly manager named Obie took care of us. He set up a crew for a Sunday move at 3:00. The crew leader arrived at 2:45, but the rest of the crew did not arrive until 3:15 (this is my one and only complaint.) However, they did not charge us until they actually started working. They moved everything very promptly and worked very hard for the hour and a half we had them. We really enjoyed their service
- Blue Line Moving & StorageWe were pleased with the work. They didn't damage anything. They were prompt and arrived ready to go. They did it on very short notice.
- College Hunks Hauling JunkFrom start to finish it was great. Jason and Justin arrived on time and completed the move in no time.
- U-Haul Center WaterfallsU-Haul graced our move with two breakdowns, one for a blown AC line, and one for a flat tire on the car hauler. The mirror was also falling off, but we were able to tape it back on. Luckily, they were so unresponsive that we got to drive for 7 hours in 97 F weather with refrigerant smell instead of Air Conditioning because the repair man wasn't actually able to work on it for 3 hours after when he committed to. The one bright spot in the trip was a very kind and knowledgible shop in Louisville, KY who basically took care of the mechanical problems. After numerous phone calls, customer service agreed to refund us $300 because we missed 40% of our time on a $1650 rental. That was maybe enough to cover the gas it took to drive to the random repair and return locations. We probably spent over 4 hours on the phone with inconsiderate retards in total. I know they seem like they have more locations or equipment, but beleive me, it's worth getting a Penske/Budget, or just hiring a mover
- U-Haul Center WaterfallsYou cannot, under any circumstances get an actual reservation, no matter how many "confirmation" emails they send. They do "guarentee" that a r***** will call you the night before your stressful, life-changing moving day to tell you if, when, and where your truck might be. I've been planning the move for months, and have 15 people coming to help, and I have no reasurance that I will have a truck. Unfortunately, Penske and Budget don't have a trailer that can tow my car, and we don't have enough drivers to take it separately. Their website is terrible as it allows you to "reserve" things that actually aren't available, and offers circular advice about making updates with the website directing you to call, and phone service defering to the website. Over the courese of 6 calls, I actually got to talk to two staffers who were very uninformed and unsimpathetic about the problems their company was causing
Movers in La Porte City
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Cory and Colton arrived on the time schedule, did a survey on the apartment and quickly started moving the furniture. They were very professional and did the best they could to finish as early as possible.Roberto D.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:They lie (in that they deliberately withhold relevant information), and manipulate. I needed my stuff immediately, and our original contract was for immediate delivery (picture posted) but at some point they just changed it. So now I am stuck in a completely empty house waiting until the last day legally allowed to deliver. They have this game they play where no person you can talk to can ever answer the question, but they will leave a message for the person who can answer it to call you back. They never call you back. My belongings were taken 5 weeks ago, still no word on when it will be delivered, and they don't care. They literally say that they aren't the moving company, they just represent you to the moving company. But they don't represent you! They take a fee from you, and DO NOTHING. One example of my interaction with them, where Carmen is the customer "service" and Tarik is the operation manager: Me: I would like to know where my belongings are. Carmen: Only operations knows that, I don't know. Me: Can I speak to them? Carmen: I will put a message in for them to call you. ONE WEEK LATER - I CALL BACK (as they never called me) Carmen: Your delivery will be there the 14th or 15th. I CALL ON THE 15TH AFTER HEARING NOTHING Me: Can I please speak to operations now? They've never called me back. Never do. Tarik: I just spoke to the moving company, your delivery will be there the 17th or 18th. Me: You told me it would be the 14th or 15th. Tarik: No, I just told you the 17th or 18th. Me: Do you keep a record of calls, and can see what Carmen told me last week? Tarik: Yes, I see you were told the 14th or 15th. Me: And today is the 15th.... Tarik: Oh. Yes, someone should have called you, I apologize. Me: Can you please tell me what you are obligated to do? What I am paying you for? Tarik: I don't have to do that. Goodbye. So they take your money, and then do literally nothing for you. Will only talk to you if you call 4-6 times over days and days, and then hang up on your when you point out they didn't do their job. DO. NOT. USE. It is literally pointless. Just find your own moving company. This place is a jokeChristopher S.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:The move went great. Working with Christy on the initial quote and payment was quick and easy. The crew arrived on time and were very careful and efficient. Arrival and unloading were as promised. I highly recommend Movers Direct for their great service at a fair priceCarol M.
- Business Description:For Long-distance piano & organ moving. We generally do not handle local moving outside of the metro St. Louis, MO area. Local #: (573) 860-6683. Additional emails: General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; Sales Manager: email@example.com; Accounting: firstname.lastname@example.org; Dispatch Manager: email@example.com; Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org , In case of emergency contact Russ at 314-568-688Recent Review:Piano arrived damaged. They did not honor the insurance we had purchased from them, despite photographic evidence. Stay away.Kyle R.
- Business Description:Additional contact name - Tami Sanchez.Recent Review:I had a very positive experience with the company. Joe and his employees were very respective of me and my possessions. They were prompt and got the job done in a timely manner.Judith G.
- Business Description:ADT home security systems are backed by more than 145 years of experience. As the leader in home security, ADT can help you customize a home security system with easy-to-use equipment and special security features to meet your safety needs. We have service centers nationwide that can install an ADT home security system within 24 hours in most areas. Once your home is equipped with our top-of-the-line system, it is connected to a network of ADT Monitoring Centers nationwide which deliver non-..Recent Review:My experience using ADT for a new alarm system was exceptional. Shout out to the service technician who got me all setup and even added an extra door sensor to my package for no additional charge. This kind gesture went a long wayPatrick M.
- Business Description:National Express offers long distance towing, cross country, and state to state auto shipping, auction transport, expedited services, and more. Our carriers travel all over the entire country covering all 50 states. We also specialize in shipping vehicles for SnowbirdsRecent Review:I was very pleased with the transaction. The setup of the auto pickup was easy with call to National Express Auto Transport. I got an email notification from dispatch letting me know when the car would be picked up at the dealership, and I let the dealership know. I then got the direct phone number for the transporter/driver and setup a time to drop off the car on the date promised. It was door to door service, and I felt that the driver took good care of my car. I was very pleased, and would use them againJorge S.
- Business Description:Save time and money NOW!! CELEBRATING over 15 years in Auto Transport Business!! Giving all Angie's list members $25 off on any auto transportation! Work directly with the owner, Nichole Hilton! Call or text 24 hours @ 310 686 5318. Please know you will have assistance from start to finish and we are aware of how to fulfill all transportation needs!! All insurance is included in the rates we provide. Call 888 318 0080 for any questions. http://www.hiltonautotransport.coRecent Review:It was fantastic - there was some unexpectedness that could of resulted in delays but Nicole was amazing she found us an alternate who did a spectacular job at an amazing price -and Nicole was fantastic at responding to texts and keeping us informed -highly recommenSonia A.
- Business Description:WHO WE ARE We our a family-owned local small business in Evansdale Iowa. We service any home need you can imagine from mowing the lawn to hanging pictures. We are not too proud to do any job big or small. Our goal being to make everyday life easier for you even if that’s just knocking one item off your to do list. Please don’t hesitate to call or email today to learn more about our services! We look forward to helping you in the future. THE GOAL OF OUR SERVICE We know how hard life can be, a..Recent Review:Amazing service!! The best clean I have ever had done in my home!Lois R.
- Business Description:Moving and delivery service
Deals in La Porte City for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Moving can be a pain, but it doesn’t have to be if you hire a professional organizer. Here’s what you need to know about hiring a moving organizer.
Real talk—most people aren't keen on packing or moving. But you can make the experience more manageable by opting for brand new boxes instead of used ones.
Find moving companies in
moving companies in La Porte City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A-1 Movers4110 E Ovid Ave
Des Moines, Iowa
- Ace World Wide Elite Relocation Services10400 Hickman Rd
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- All Mighty MoversPO Box 273
Des Moines, Iowa
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Alpha Express IncPO Box 2714
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- A-1 Movers
- Fast Motion Auto Transport700 Louisiana St. Suite 3950
- Fast Motion Auto Transport
- HILTON AUTO TRANSPORT1611 Crenshaw Blvd (310) 686-5318
- HILTON AUTO TRANSPORT
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- Lifeson Movers2421 James St. #10
- Lifeson Movers
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- Master Movers1511 Coyne Center Rd
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Mansion Movers
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC555 8th Ave
New York, New York
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC
- Quick Transfer USA860 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, New York
- Quick Transfer USA