Modern Piano Moving

Founded 1935 • With Angi since April 2003

992 Highway D

Sullivan, MO 63080

For Long-distance piano & organ moving. We generally do not handle local moving outside of the metro St. Louis, MO area. Local #: (573) 860-6683. Additional emails: General Manager: russ@modernpiano.com; Sales Manager: julie@modernpiano.com; Accounting: derek@modernpiano.com; Dispatch Manager: stephanie@modernpiano.com; Operations Manager: cory@modernpiano.com , In case of emergency contact Russ at 314-568-6887...

02/23/2022

Bret D.

This company was as good as it could get! They picked up my piano on time and packed it with care. They stored it in MN for just a few weeks and then delivered it to me in Colorado in the exact condition they took it. I was so worried after reading horror stories about piano movers, but this company was better than I could have hoped for!

Description of Work
I moved my grand piano from Eugene to Colorado

Category moving companies

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for choosing Modern Piano Moving. We appreciate your business and hope you will choose us again if you should need future piano moving services.

11/11/2021

Kyle R.

Piano arrived damaged. They did not honor the insurance we had purchased from them, despite photographic evidence. Stay away.

Description of Work
piano moving

10/14/2021

Whitney K.

The woman in the office who scheduled the move and took care of all the documents was extremely helpful and friendly. My apartment building is very strict and she worked over the weekend to ensure I had the proper COI. The men who delivered my piano were very professional and efficient. I am a petite woman and was alone when they delivered the piano and felt very comfortable with them there.

Description of Work
Moved a piano across states

Category piano moving

07/27/2021

rebecca S.

Picked it up on appointed date. Stored for 2 months. Delivered on appointed date. Disassembled and reassembled wuth prevision and care.

Description of Work
Piano move 250 miles

07/09/2021

Michael M.

Modern Piano is a throwback to the days when companies were run by people who cared about their customers’ service and their own reputation. Every single aspect of this move went perfectly and courteously. The quote was reasonable, the dispatcher kept us advised as promised, and it was disassembled and reassembled (a baby grand) professionally by men who really knew their business. I agree with other reviewers below - it would be a mistake to entrust a valuable piano to anybody but these folks.

Description of Work
Piano move from Arkansas to Birmingham, AL

06/12/2021

Jill S.

Using Modern Piano to move my piano from PA to NC was the best decision. The customer service was fantastic with great communication every step along the way. The actual movers on move-out and move-in day were very knowledgeable about not only how to properly care for and transport the piano, but also gave great advice for how to acclimate the piano in the new space, what considerations should be taken to position the piano in the best place in the room/house, and how to best care for the piano. I am very satisfied and would recommend to anyone and everyone to use Modern Piano and not bother shopping around - I did the shopping around for you, and Modern Piano is the best!

Description of Work
Piano Moving

06/01/2021

Devon M.

The removal of the piano from Elsah, Illinois was accomplished with care and dispatch. The movers are experts, courteous and friendly and the piano arrived in West Virginia on the agree on date and was in the house in ten or fifteen minutes. All was well with the instrument -- it had received excellent care on the journey, and important advice on continuing care was given before they left. I can't recommend Modern Piano Moving highly enough. I thought the cost of the move modest, considering the circumstances, and the distance. Regret being unable to provide photos at this time -- the piano IS beautiful and is happy in its new home -- and the sight of the van in my rural driveway was a neighborhood sensation.

Description of Work
An inherited Steinway (1928) quarter grand needed to be moved from Elsah, Illinois to a rural location in West Virginia in October 2020 in the midst of the challenge of the shut down.

Category moving companies,piano moving

Thanks! We love what we do and it shows!! It is always nice to hear when an entire company made someone's move as pleasant as possible. Pianos are members of a family and we treat them as such. If we can improve on anything please let us know.

01/13/2021

Diana M.

All the staff I spoke with were very professional and caring. Kimberly provided a quote, dealt with my changes along the way and was always kind and caring. The movers at both pick up site and delivery were professional and efficient. The process of communication regarding pick up and delivery was easy, the movers were on time and when they hit a traffic snag they went out of the way to let me know they would be a little late. I highly recommend this company and will use them again if I ever need to move a piano over distance.

Description of Work
Baby Grand Piano moved from Los Angeles to Phoenix

Category moving companies,piano moving

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the great review! Kimberly is just one of our outstanding Sales/Move Coordinators. Everyone at Modern Piano strives to ensure every move goes as smoothly as possible and it is comforting to know that we are succeeding at that goal. Thanks again!

12/16/2020

Joseph R.

Everything went as planned. Communication along the way was excellent. They also provided cups at a reasonable price for the piano legs to sit in so it's easy to move around the room without damaging my hardwood floors. Great value add

Description of Work
Moved my piano

Category moving companies

Thank you so much for the kind words, we are happy to hear we met your expectations! We strive to make every move as easy as possible.

11/05/2020

john W.

Excellent piano moving services! Very efficient, timely, and the moving crew worked hard to protect the piano during loading/unloading, as well as setup in my home!

Description of Work
piano moving

Category moving companies,storage units,piano moving

Thank you for the glowing review! We take pride in our teams and the excellent work they do to protect your instrument and home.

Be of Service, LLC

Be of Service is a cleaning company that specializes in providing your service needs. With Be of Service, you will receive qualified cleaning service on request. Our employees are trained, background checked, required to wear masks, and practice social distancing. We also provide senior discounts for anyone 65 years or older. We are licensed and bonded. So, call or text for a quote that will fit the service that you are looking for. We will work with your schedule to ensure that we can serve you. We also have affordable rates that are negotiable. So, contact us and let us serve you.

Offers by Be of Service, LLC on Angi
    Anchor Moving Co

*No Long Distance Moves* Welcome to Anchor Moving, your professional moving company. Our company specializes in residential moving; however, we can accommodate all commercial moves as well. We have been proudly serving Missouri and Illinois since 1936. Being a family owned and operated company allows us to give you the personalized service you deserve. Competitive pricing by the hour, number of men, and size of job. 2nd generation business. 70-80% of clients are repeat customers.

Rent A Vet Movers

Rent A Vet was created with the idea of providing Saint Louis Missouri residents with high quality moving services at the best possible price. We believe that maintaining a rigid standard for excellence will continue to advance us forward in the St Louis moving industry. By using resources wisely and integrating new technologies to help our experienced St Louis movers, we can continue to offer service with an unmatched level of professionalism and quality. At Rent A Vet movers, we understand that selecting a St Louis moving company is an integral part of the moving process. Let us guide you through your move, from start to finish, to make it a seamless, stress-free and enjoyable experience. Call our St Louis moving company today at 636-336-6670 for more information.

MC-240153
    US
    Dept of Transportation
    12/31/2016
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, Check

Long distance (state to state) piano moving & storage. We have full time crews moving all around the country. We are generally in every state at least once a month. We will make deliveries to Canada as well.

Piano tuning [separate skill set :-)] But we can recommend someone in your area!