If you’re planning to move but need to make a temporary stopover, we’ve got you covered. Here are five steps to make your move into temporary housing easier.
Get matched with top moving companies in Waterloo, IA
There are 12 highly-rated local moving companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Movers Reviews in Waterloo
- Breda Moving Company IncThe packing and storage were excellent done by Breda was excellent. The move to Iowa from Breda Storage was by Wheaton Van Lines. Unpacking at destination in Cedar Falls, IA was not as good as work done by Breda. Some of our goods were damaged during the unpacking. I would recommend Breda Moving and Storage, but not Wheaton Van Lines
- College Hunks Hauling JunkFrom start to finish it was great. Jason and Justin arrived on time and completed the move in no time.
- Alpha Express IncMy aunt was kind enough to over to hire a moving crew as a wedding/housewarming gift. We had short notice on this so we immediately began calling around on a Friday afternoon. Most moving services we called didn't answer the phone and the others were either booked for weeks in advance or charged astronomical amounts (especially for a weekend move). However, when my wife called Alpha Express Inc., a very friendly manager named Obie took care of us. He set up a crew for a Sunday move at 3:00. The crew leader arrived at 2:45, but the rest of the crew did not arrive until 3:15 (this is my one and only complaint.) However, they did not charge us until they actually started working. They moved everything very promptly and worked very hard for the hour and a half we had them. We really enjoyed their service
- Blue Line Moving & StorageWe were pleased with the work. They didn't damage anything. They were prompt and arrived ready to go. They did it on very short notice.
- Blue Line Moving & StorageThey were able to accommodate our last minute request for help. The movers who arrived were professional and quick. Price was very reasonable. I would recommend them.
- My Guys Moving & StorageThey were excellent. They went out of their way. First of all, they brought all kinds of supplies and things to give us which I thought was amazing. When they packaged everything, they did an extra extra amount of packaging on everything so that nothing would break or get hurt. They were there for hours just packing up. They were wonderful and their attitude was wonderful. They came when they said. Everything was great. There wasn't a single thing that wasn't great. I would absolutely use them again in the future if I needed to and I would recommend them to anybody
- U-Haul Center WaterfallsU-Haul graced our move with two breakdowns, one for a blown AC line, and one for a flat tire on the car hauler. The mirror was also falling off, but we were able to tape it back on. Luckily, they were so unresponsive that we got to drive for 7 hours in 97 F weather with refrigerant smell instead of Air Conditioning because the repair man wasn't actually able to work on it for 3 hours after when he committed to. The one bright spot in the trip was a very kind and knowledgible shop in Louisville, KY who basically took care of the mechanical problems. After numerous phone calls, customer service agreed to refund us $300 because we missed 40% of our time on a $1650 rental. That was maybe enough to cover the gas it took to drive to the random repair and return locations. We probably spent over 4 hours on the phone with inconsiderate retards in total. I know they seem like they have more locations or equipment, but beleive me, it's worth getting a Penske/Budget, or just hiring a mover
- U-Haul Center WaterfallsYou cannot, under any circumstances get an actual reservation, no matter how many "confirmation" emails they send. They do "guarentee" that a r***** will call you the night before your stressful, life-changing moving day to tell you if, when, and where your truck might be. I've been planning the move for months, and have 15 people coming to help, and I have no reasurance that I will have a truck. Unfortunately, Penske and Budget don't have a trailer that can tow my car, and we don't have enough drivers to take it separately. Their website is terrible as it allows you to "reserve" things that actually aren't available, and offers circular advice about making updates with the website directing you to call, and phone service defering to the website. Over the courese of 6 calls, I actually got to talk to two staffers who were very uninformed and unsimpathetic about the problems their company was causing
Last update on November 18, 2018
Movers in Waterloo
Deals in Waterloo for Moving Companies
How much does it cost to hire movers in Waterloo?
Moving expenses vary significantly, depending on the company you choose and the services you need. Relocating out of state is usually more expensive than moving down the street, and relocating a four-bedroom apartment or home full of furniture is more costly than moving a one-bedroom apartment.
Typically, the cost of hiring a moving contractor around the country is $240 to $10,000.
Some aspects that can have an impact on the expense of your move include:
- How long it takes. A lot of moving contractors charge an hourly rate. Base expenses, on average, are around $25 to $50 per hour per mover. When you need a moving crew that includes two people and a truck, then you may have to pay around $100 an hour or more.
- Moving mileage. Many moving services charge extra fees based on miles moved, and others charge by the mile after the van leaves a predetermined radius.
- Weight or size of load. Moving services may charge more for hauling multiple cartons or for loads that go over a specific weight or volume.
- Out-of-state moves. The usual cost of moves within the same state is only $1,400, while the general expense of moving out of state can range from $700 to $10,000.
Reach out to moving companies in Waterloo to get pricing information for services. Many moving contractors ask lots of questions regarding your planned move to deliver the most accurate estimate possible.
Tips for selecting a great moving service
Enjoy peace of mind by knowing you did whatever you could to select the right mover. Prior to setting up a move date with a company in Waterloo, you must ask questions and consider many factors. That includes what options the moving company provides and the method they use to hire their staff. We’ve provided some of the essentials in the following so you understand what to look for.
Which service options does the moving company provide?
Movers provide a wide assortment of services to assist with nearly all moving needs. Many focus on moving jobs within a specific area, while others provide long-distance moving, for example. Some moving companies provide full-service moving, such as packing your items for you or placing furniture. Talk to prospective moving contractors about what you require and want done to find out if they’re a great match.
What does the mover charge for its services?
Prices for moving can be difficult to understand, so make sure you know how each mover sets its prices. Some charge based on how many boxes and pieces of furniture they hauled, along with mileage fees. Some charge based on the weight of everything altogether, and others may price services based on the time they spend moving you.
Moving companies sometimes provide estimates and tools on their websites to provide you with some idea of potential price ranges. Don’t consider these quotes, as the mover will change the price to a more accurate figure when you give them details regarding your planned move.
Is the moving service fully insured?
Only work with moving companies that carry appropriate liability insurance including coverage for employees, their vans and other equipment, along with your possessions while under their care.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Not sure whether to ask your friends to help with your big move? In this guide, we review the best practices for enlisting friends for moving help.
Moving a TV without the original box may seem like a nightmare, but it’s easier than you think. Follow these steps to learn how to pack a TV for moving.
Find moving companies in
- Elk Run Heights,
- Cedar Falls,
- La Porte City,
- Shell Rock,
- Grundy Center,
moving companies in Waterloo
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Harvest Academy Movers8769 G24 Hwy
Indianola, Iowa 50125
- Harvest Academy Movers
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York 10454
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- JRH Services LLC525 3rd St
Evansdale, Iowa 50707
- JRH Services LLC
- Lifeson Movers2421 James St. #10
Coralville, Iowa 52241
- Lifeson Movers
- New Planet Moving & Storage4420 Andrews St Ste D
North Las Vegas, Nevada 89081
- New Planet Moving & Storage
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC555 8th Ave
New York, New York 10018
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
Chicago, Illinois 60654
- United States Logistics
- Wayside Movers324 W. Spinner Rd.
Desoto, Texas 75115
- Wayside Movers