Metropolitan Moving LLC.

Founded 2012 • With Angi since June 2012

5310 Queen Anne Rd.

Charlotte, NC 28217

Here at Metropolitan Moving we want to let you know that we offer the best services in Charlotte - you get special one-on-one attention. We strive for perfection and are exceptionally goal oriented. Our customers are really important to us, and our qualified staff makes sure you are 100% satisfied....

10/27/2020

Masoy H.

Hello and thank you very much for the opportunity to leave an "A" review about the wonderful experience our family had using Metropolitan Moving LLC, starting with the prompt response from Mr. Joe and the on-time servicing, professional demeanor, and excellent work done by his entire team who first assisted us with the moving of all of our belongings from a 3-bedroom home to storage and then later all of our belongs to our new home across town. Their positive attitudes, care and caution for our belongings, and steadfast hard working to the job is done demeanor was one of a kind, along with the reasonable and affordable pricing. Our family is extremely pleased and would highly recommend as well as definitely hire them again first for any future moves when needed!

Description of Work
Moving Belongings from House to Storage and then storage to our new home.

07/14/2020

Robert S.

My family were moving from Charlotte to Concord, North Carolina. My overall assessment of Joe and his team is excellent. They arrived on time, worked very efficiently and safely, and had our move wrapped up within 6 1/2 hours. They exceeded my expectations. I would recommend them to others and would consider using them again. Keep up the good work. Bob Serena

Description of Work
Moving within the Charlotte metro area

Category moving companies

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the kind words. We as a small business strive for customer satisfaction and excellence. We a appreciate you business. Thanks Kindly.

08/15/2019

LORELIE M.

They did everything rapidly, they did an excellent job packing and unloading.

Description of Work
They moved me from Charlotte to Durham.

07/15/2019

Jessica I.

They were great! I hired a team of 3 guys to help me move all my items from two large PODs into my home. They were punctual, efficient and professional. I would recommend them and will use them again if needed!

Description of Work
Move furniture from PODs into my home.

Category moving companies

Thank you for the kind words it was oir pleasure assisting you with your moving neees.

06/20/2019

Gary W.

Our move went quite well. They had the best price of three highly rated local movers. Joe was professional, friendly and responsive. His crew was punctual and worked extremely hard despite grueling heat on move day. The were super careful not to damage anything on both ends of the move. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Household move within SC area.

Category moving companies

Thank you for allowing us to service your moving needs it was a pleasure working with you.

04/07/2019

Katie F.

The movers were very friendly, and everything arrived safe and sound. The price was a little high, but the request was fairly last minute with just a few days notice, so some of that is to be expected. Joe was very professional and responsive, and he kept me updated. Satisfied customers.

Description of Work
We had a china cabinet, dining table, and 10 chairs moved about 20 miles.

03/04/2019

Len W.

Joe and his crew of four did a great job moving me from my 3 bedroom townhouse to a storage unit. I had a lot of furniture, including some heavy bedroom pieces, and Joe's crew got it down a narrow stairwell, onto the truck and into the storage unit without any damage. They were even willing to take some of the furniture to my fiance's house to drop things off, including carrying a king bed and a very heavy armoire up her stairs, then took her mattress set back to the storage unit, all at very minimal incremental charge. The guys arrived on time and worked hard all day. I appreciated the fixed price model, which ensured I didn't encounter any unexpected charges. I intend to use Metropolitan Moving again when I move into my new home and would definitely recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Moved me from my townhouse to a storage unit

12/04/2018

JENNIFER W.

Met me at storage locker at designated time. Movers were courteous, professional, took care of my furniture during the move, wrapped items (table, bookcase, dresser) to prevent damage, covered floors and steps to protect them.

Description of Work
Moved furniture and belongs from apartment and storage locker to recently purchased home

09/14/2018

ANN M.

Joe and his crew did a great job moving my family from our three bedroom one floored home to a two storied home. They were very respectful of my family and our belongings. They worked hard and lived up to expectations. I would definitely use them again! Very affordable!

Description of Work
Moved 3 bedroom house locally

09/13/2018

ANNE W.

They called to tell me they were on the way to my house. The crew was polite and friendly. They worked quickly to move the king-sized mattress and two box springs off the frame, and to remove the headboard from the frame. They disassembled the frame and moved it, with the king-sized headboard, downstairs for a charity to pick up the next day. I'm so thankful for their help. There is no way we could have done this ourselves!

Description of Work
Disassembled a king bed, then moved headboard and frame downstairs.

09/07/2018

Ammin O.

These guys are great, they moved everything over to our new place without damaging the furniture or our new hardwood floors! Highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Need to move everything to a new place

08/11/2018

Cheryl S.

I needed a company to pack and move me exclusively. I was very pleased with Joe and his repsonsiveness and communication. His price was right in line with most quotes. His good reviews were what made me choose him over other companies. His staff were very nice and worked diligently. I was quite nervous during this move because I was selling my property at the same time. Joe's ease with the moving process put me at ease, as well.

Description of Work
Interstate move from Charlotte to Northern VA

07/31/2018

Dave and Peg M.

They were awesome!! We will use them again

Description of Work
Moved 4000 sq ft home

Category moving companies, delivery service

06/12/2018

Jennifer N.

Fantastic job! We had them pack and move our apartment and deliver to our house. They were on time, and very professional. They took great care in packing our things and moving them and were very knowledgeable about the process. Not only were they careful, but they were fast and efficient. The cost was VERY reasonable!! We will use them for all of our future moves and would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat. Thanks Metro!!

Description of Work
Packing and moving

05/22/2018

Carolyn T.

Joey and his team did a great job! Not only were they reasonably priced but they went above and beyond to do an amazing job. They were on time, flexible with scheduling based on closing dates and times, and nothing was damaged or broken. We would highly recommend them!!

Description of Work
Moving and storage

04/13/2018

David H.

The move went great! The team of three movers arrived exactly when they should have and moved the furniture, while treating it carefully, to their truck. All the drop-offs went well. The team of movers were exceptionally easy to work with. I HIGHLY recommend Metropolitan Moving.

Description of Work
Picked up furniture at condo in SouthPark and delivered to three separate locations in Fort Mill.

Category moving companies, delivery service

04/07/2018

Nicholas K.

Great work. Very professional, good attitude throughout (even at the end, as we were all getting very tired.) We paid by the hour and were pleased with their efficiency. I think the price was a little higher than I was expecting, but still seemed reasonable given the size of the team and the time it took. There really weren't any issues at all, which is the best possible outcome when moving. Would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Moved locally within Charlotte

Category moving companies

It was our pleasure to move your family into your new home. Thank you for your business.

02/27/2018

David T.

Joe and his crew were flexible in scheduling the service and took great care not to damage the furniture, hardwood floors, and freshly painted walls. They did an excellent job!

Description of Work
We need several very large pieces of furniture moved from the upstairs of our current home to our new one.

12/26/2017

Carl B.

Joe and his team were amazing! They were punctual, careful and very cordial. The move took two days to load and two days to unload with two days in between while we closed on both houses. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Moved household contents 50 miles to new home

07/31/2017

Brad N.

We had a lot of large furniture pieces to move out into our new home which had a lot of stairs. They brought a lot of movers who worked really well as a team and did a whole lot of work much quicker than I could have imagined. They were very sensitive to protecting the furniture and our doors and walls. The movers were friendly, respectful and seemed to enjoy working together even though it was a very hot, sticky day. My wife and I both appreciated their effort and attitude and I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
We had Metropolitan move our furniture across town.

07/18/2017

Katherine I.

Very well. Workers were efficient, professional and timely.

Description of Work
Move items from one apartment to another across town.

07/01/2017

Connie C.

Moving is never an easy process but Joe and his crew made it as easy for me as possible. Before the move, Joe was always responsive to any questions. He was able to schedule my moving date when I wanted. His whole crew was professional, careful with my belongings and pleasant. I have moved many times including one cross country nightmare. I would definitely use Metropolitan Movers again. They were reasonably priced and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Moving from one city to another.

05/21/2017

Tarasa A.

It went well. We ended up needing to take more trips than anticipated but overall I was happy. I felt like some times the guys couldve been doing more and towards the end they were tired and worn out so I felt like the time was dragging on. I guess that's what happens with hourly rates. But overall they were very careful which is anyone's number 1 concern and they did a great job of getting my items from one place to another without any incidents.

Description of Work
I needed to move mostly heavy furniture and miscellaneous items from Southpark to Cotswold area.

Category moving companies

Thank you for your business it was a pleasure providing you a overall great moving experience. Gongratulations on the new home and everything else.

05/19/2017

Patrick C.

Fantastic! Joey came by to quote the job (most of the movers we talked to wouldn't even come out to have a look - they just gave an hourly rate). On moving day, Joey and his crowd (5 workers total) arrived on time and began the heavy lifting. We have lots of older and antique furniture that really gave the guys a workout. They performed admirably. Both houses had two levels and also a basement. These guys worked diligently and professionally. They handled our furniture (much of it passed to my wife across generations in her family) with great care. They lined the floors and stair railings in both houses with moving quilts and pads to prevent damage either to the furniture or to the house. They arrived with two trucks, which were sufficient to pack everything up and make one trip on our moving day. These guys gave us an awesome moving experience. As they finished packing up our furniture, Joey asked me repeatedly if there was anything else we wanted them to move. They had already quoted us the job price, but he was willing to take on additional items if we wanted him to. His willingness to go the extra mile made a big impression on me. Even though Joey let us know with his quote that they didn't deal with washer/dryer hookups, they helped me stack our washer/dryer in a very tight space at our new house (probably have 1/2" clearance to the ceiling due to a raised floor and low ceiling). They took extra time to help me get everything right with the stacked set, which was high on my priority list since the most space efficient way to arrange these units is in a stack. They could have just dropped the units side by side after the first try to get the stack to work, but they persisted and we succeeded! Very very happy with the work these fine gentlemen gave us today. Joey was very thorough in asking me where everything went in the new house. The guys would always ask where to put something if they didn't know. The group was extremely polite, professional, and competent at the task of negotiating tight corners with heavy furniture. I couldn't be more happy with the job these guys delivered. I would highly recommend them for anyone looking for assistance with a move. If we ever need moving help again, I will definitely hire Joey and his group.

Description of Work
Moved our furniture to another house.

Category moving companies, antiques

05/02/2017

ROBERT M.

Everything went great. No damage and the moved was completed in less time than expected.

Description of Work
Moved 2 rooms of furniture from Charlote to my lake house.

Category moving companies

Thank You it was a pleasure to work with you.