The time has finally come where you need to hire a contractor. There are a few questions you should ask before hiring a contractor though, such as what payments look like, their qualifications, and more which you can find in this guide.
Get matched with top general contractors in Fort Dodge, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local general contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Fort Dodge
- S & R Construction IncVery well. Great price, esp on the gutters. The window trim was their design as we knew we wanted something done to spruce up the look of the windows, but didn't know what.
- Valentine ContructionThey were very respectful of our home and children. They offered suggestions to do things with the bathroom. They were very helpful with their suggestions! I would highly recommend them to anyone!
- Sovern constructionContractor arrived as scheduled and performed all work per contract. Employees were friendly and provided information when requested. Foreman and owner came by separately each day of the project. Returned area to pre-project condition.
- Basement Solutions IncThe crew showed up on time and were very friendly and professional. They kept the work are clean and answered all of my questions. They even had one of the crew help haul in a grocery bag when I came back home. I would highly recomend Basement Solutions to anyone!!
- Vinzant ConstructionOur retaining wall moved dramatically and damaged the siding of the lower level of our house. We removed the retaining wall and Vinzant Construction removed the old siding and replaced some of the old under-sheeting; installed new siding and weather proof the siding
- Krebill ConstructionHe installed a door that fits better than the original new doors that were brand new. He actually did the door and the screen door. He installed them in such a way that I could open both doors with ease from my wheelchair. He also installed a small ramp to help go into the house.
- Love's Heating & ACIt went very well. Mr. Love does excellent work and is very conscientious of his work. He is also dependable and trustworthy. He is also very mechanically talented and can do anything that has to do with construction.
- CAPPS HOME REPAIR SVCCCapps came by my house as promised, providing an estimate. He returned as promised to perform the work. He made some good suggestions about other work I needed done. He told me he had a friend who could work on my dining room ceiling and he called this man. He also gave me this man's number so I could let this man know my work schedule. Capps returned to complete this work. The man with whom he contracted also came to work on my dining ceiling. Capp's work was inadequate and I later called him to re-do a portion of his work. The work done by the sub-contractor, when dried, was inadequately applied. In parts, no texture at all was applied to various portions of my ceiling. When Capps cam back to re-do his work, he first tried to deny the work done by his friend whom he subcontracted with was shoddy. He did say he would have another person come in to look at the work he tried to re-do as well as the subcontracted work. Capps and this other contractor did come by. This other contractor admitted the work on my dining ceiling was extremely shoddy. Capps remarked the "lights" had been dim when he saw the work. Capps then hired this other contractor to re-do work done by Capps as well as to re-do the dining ceiling. When this other contractor did not show up, I contacted Capps - twice. He said this person had been "busy" and should call him (Capps) back if this contractor did not show up in two weeks. The contractor did not show up - ever. Capps never returned my next 2 phone calls. My dining ceiling still looks shoddy. I paid another at my expense to re-do the work done by Capps
- Aesthetic ElementsWas treated horribly. Everything they did was awful, roof leaked, texture globbed on and a mess, siding coming off and over nails bumpy in spots. Very unproffessional, did not finish kept changing things from what they said. Used my things during thrir work. Left my belongings outside.
- Strube Builderscontacted him twice no show both times actually watched him drive up to my house and look at the roof from his truck then drive off called me a few mins later and told me he couldn't make our appointment cause he was to busy and would reschedule never heard from him again
Last update on April 2, 2020
Contractors in Fort Dodge
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Getting your contractors license makes you look good to potential customers and gets you better jobs. Learn how to get one in your state with our handy guide.
The contractor business is booming! According to Angie's List, $135 billion was spent on home improvements last year.
Find general contractors in
- Dakota City,
- Eagle Grove,
- Webster City,
- Rockwell City,
- Lake City,
- Grand Junction,
- West Bend,
- Story City,
general contractors in Fort Dodge
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- RICH-WOODS INC1208 1st Avenue South
Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501
- RICH-WOODS INC
- Born Again Interiors522 Highview drv.
Clinton, Iowa 52732
- Born Again Interiors
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
Slocomb, Alabama 36375
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- JAGUAR ENTERPRISES48 TRYON ST NE
Titonka, Iowa 50480
- JAGUAR ENTERPRISES
- Kiss Construction, L.L.C.533 19th St. SE
Mason City, Iowa 50401
- Kiss Construction, L.L.C.
- M & H Construction11652 Sperry Rd
Sperry, Iowa 52650
- M & H Construction
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc2185 Fox Ave
Schaller, Iowa 51053
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space