The location and functionality of your wall will impact price. Most jobs will cost between $939 and $2,697. Walls that are load bearing will cost slightly more.
Get matched with top general contractors in Dakota City, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local general contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Dakota City
- Pro Handyman ServicesHe is the most complete conscientious person I have ever dealt with . Excellent work and great ideas on trim work and mantle. I loved working with this man , good price and done on time .
- Love's Heating & ACIt went very well. Mr. Love does excellent work and is very conscientious of his work. He is also dependable and trustworthy. He is also very mechanically talented and can do anything that has to do with construction.
- Krebill ConstructionHe installed a door that fits better than the original new doors that were brand new. He actually did the door and the screen door. He installed them in such a way that I could open both doors with ease from my wheelchair. He also installed a small ramp to help go into the house.
- L&H ConstructionWhen I have a large job and need a new contractor, I always test them with a small job to see how things go. L&H Construction (Lee Harper) proved himself on a chain link fence job last fall. He paid attention to construction details, did things on time, and most importantly communicated constantly with me. My real job was spring $12K landscaping project on one of my income properties near Anschutz medical center. My big problem? I don?t live in Denver and would not be able to supervise the job. I needed someone I could trust completely. Lee called me twice per month over the winter to be sure things were scheduled correctly (and took care of snow removal). The concrete work needed to be done at the correct temperatures, and ultimately everything else (tree removal, grading, rock, permits, etc.) needed to be done so the turf could be installed before watering restrictions kicked in. Not only that, I was sending thousands of dollars for work that I could not see being done. Trust was everything? for both of us. In the end, everything was done perfectly at the estimated cost. Inspections by the City of Aurora passed with flying colors. In fact, this job was done so well, I joined Angie?s just so I could write this review. Like every contractor in Denver, Lee needs the work badly (although he would never say so). If you need a talented, responsive and completely honest contractor to handle your residential construction job? this is your guy. If you hire Lee, be prepared to use the telephone because although he amazing work, he is old-school talent and doesn't do email
- Vinzant ConstructionOur retaining wall moved dramatically and damaged the siding of the lower level of our house. We removed the retaining wall and Vinzant Construction removed the old siding and replaced some of the old under-sheeting; installed new siding and weather proof the siding
- Valentine ContructionThey were very respectful of our home and children. They offered suggestions to do things with the bathroom. They were very helpful with their suggestions! I would highly recommend them to anyone!
- S & R Construction IncVery well. Great price, esp on the gutters. The window trim was their design as we knew we wanted something done to spruce up the look of the windows, but didn't know what.
- Basement Solutions IncThe crew showed up on time and were very friendly and professional. They kept the work are clean and answered all of my questions. They even had one of the crew help haul in a grocery bag when I came back home. I would highly recomend Basement Solutions to anyone!!
- Sovern constructionContractor arrived as scheduled and performed all work per contract. Employees were friendly and provided information when requested. Foreman and owner came by separately each day of the project. Returned area to pre-project condition.
- CAPPS HOME REPAIR SVCCCapps came by my house as promised, providing an estimate. He returned as promised to perform the work. He made some good suggestions about other work I needed done. He told me he had a friend who could work on my dining room ceiling and he called this man. He also gave me this man's number so I could let this man know my work schedule. Capps returned to complete this work. The man with whom he contracted also came to work on my dining ceiling. Capp's work was inadequate and I later called him to re-do a portion of his work. The work done by the sub-contractor, when dried, was inadequately applied. In parts, no texture at all was applied to various portions of my ceiling. When Capps cam back to re-do his work, he first tried to deny the work done by his friend whom he subcontracted with was shoddy. He did say he would have another person come in to look at the work he tried to re-do as well as the subcontracted work. Capps and this other contractor did come by. This other contractor admitted the work on my dining ceiling was extremely shoddy. Capps remarked the "lights" had been dim when he saw the work. Capps then hired this other contractor to re-do work done by Capps as well as to re-do the dining ceiling. When this other contractor did not show up, I contacted Capps - twice. He said this person had been "busy" and should call him (Capps) back if this contractor did not show up in two weeks. The contractor did not show up - ever. Capps never returned my next 2 phone calls. My dining ceiling still looks shoddy. I paid another at my expense to re-do the work done by Capps
Contractors in Dakota City
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens
- Business Description:Family owned and operated residential and light commercial, contracting and sub contracting services. Additional Services: Handymen. Hardwood Flooring Sales, Installation, Refinishing. Interior Design & Decorating. Painting - Interior. Remodeling - Basements. Remodeling - General. Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom. Remodeling - Modular & Mobile Home. Remodeling - Sunrooms & Patio Enclosures. Siding. WindowsRecent Review:Called him and he arrived at our home the same day and provided an esimate. The work was agreeded upon and a time scheduled for the installation. Showed up exactly when he said he would and performed the installation expertly. Would not hesitate to call him again. <br /Michael M.
- Business Description:20+ years Construction/Master Carpenter experience. 7+ years in one of a kind custom Treehouse's with slides, rock walls, ziplines, bucket pulls, trap doors, etc. Custom Sheds and furniture. Custom wood tables to custom porch swings. We accept all major credit cards and Pay-Pal. $200 Consultation fee (goes towards project)
- Business Description:We have 3 employee's at the moment. Depending on size of job. Half is due upfront before work is started.Recent Review:I like them a lot. They were good to me. They took my old counter top and remove the sink,took out, the old stove and the placed new counter top, sink, glass top flat stove and new stainless steel hood. They charged me exactly the amount they quoted me. they were friendly, honest and they gave me a detailed quote. They are a small company but they gave me a very good service. I was impressed. They even cleaned after the work was doneKatherine G.
- Business Description:Self performing General Contractor. Public,industrial, agricultural, and healthcare construction experience.
- Business Description:We are a small residential construction company with skilled and experienced workers based in southeast Iowa.
- Business Description:I am a hand on guy with all my jobs! I have a few sub if I need them and I have a couple men that work for me full time.
- Business Description:We have done all our own work we do not sub work out to anyone We want you to be happy with us. We accept Checks and credit cards their is no job to small we can't handle
- Business Description:I have been doing construction for about 8 years now and at Palm Services we offer more than anyone else has ever offered we do anything and everything you can think. If you dont beleave me just give use a call
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
Find general contractors in
general contractors in Dakota City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
Pensacola, Florida 32506
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Kiss Construction, L.L.C.533 19th St. SE
Mason City, Iowa 50401
- Kiss Construction, L.L.C.
- M & H Construction11652 Sperry Rd
Sperry, Iowa 52650
- M & H Construction
- RICH-WOODS INC1208 1st Avenue South
Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501
- RICH-WOODS INC
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space