Building a new home can be a money suck. But if you’re on a budget, you can still build your dream home with these tips to save money when building a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Fort Dodge, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Fort Dodge
- DOUG W JOHNSON-RES/COML CONTROur experience with Doug Johnson was excellent. His work crew was very professional. They were on time every day. We had our kitchen completely gutted. They hauled away everything. They installed all the new cupboards and flooring. Doug lined up the electrician and plumber. Doug also contacted the counter top people when it was time to have them come out and measure for installation.They reset all the appliances. At the of the day they made sure everything was cleaned up and put away before they left. If we had any questions they would take time and answer it. If were not happy with something they would do their best to fix it
- YOUNG CONSTRUCTION LTDExcellent job! They tore off the old shingles and put on new ones along with all the required underlayments. They also repaired a couple of areas that were leaking. They completed the job all with in one day and it looks beautiful!! They even put sheets over my plants around the house so nothing would fall in them!! Awesome!! When they completed shingling the roof they went around the house and picked up all the trash and nails. After they left the only evidence that anyone was there was the fact that we had a new roof!
- SIMMS CONSTRUCTIONIt went very well. I am very happy with the work. We had a small issue with the window getting stuck and we called Ben, the guy who installed them, and he was at our house within 5 minutes fixing it and showing us the correct way to open the window. (They are the windows that pull out and you can clean both sides easily
- Sovern constructionContractor arrived as scheduled and performed all work per contract. Employees were friendly and provided information when requested. Foreman and owner came by separately each day of the project .
- M & H ConstructionWe had an old back porch, approximately 5 feet by 5 feet. The windows were single pane and most were broke. No insulation. Not big enough to do much more than come in and unlock the back door to get into the kitchen. We had a vision for a porch that could be enlarged to accomodate our washer/dryer, new window, insulation, outside back entrance, new outside steps and be long enough to enclose our outside basement door by creating a walkway to a new outside basement door. Mike came over to do an estimate and carefully wrote down everything we mentioned. Within a couple weeks, he presented us with an estimate that captured all we said plus suggestions for the things that were needed that we had not considered due to our lack of construction knowledge. As soon as the weather broke in March, he and his crew came over when they said they would and tore off the back porch in a day. After the foundation was taken care of, they were back to construct the porch of our dreams. Cooperation between Mike and the concrete contractor, plumbing company, electrician and flooring people(all of which I will do reviews for) was marvelous. He was willing to work new ideas that we came up with as things went along. He took time to talk with us at the end of the day and we enjoyed his company very much. He and his crew were responsible, reliable, knowledgeable, fair and most of all, honest and trustworthy. What he said is what he did and more. Now we have our new outside steps and landing, a new back door, a beautiful room that is now 5+ feet by 15 feet, a great energy efficient window, total insulation floor to ceiling, storage spaces about the part that enclosed the basement walkway and storage underneath the porch accessible in the basement walkway and a new basement door, siding to match our garage, new screen doors and a new roof on the structure. He captured our vision!!! We have recommended Mike and his crew to many of our friends and will be contacting him in the future to side the rest of our house or for anything we need that he can assist with
- JIM BURESH CONSTRUCTION COIt was a wonderful experience building with Buresh. They take care of every detail and fix most problems before you even know about them. They insist on top quality and will accept no less. Work is completed on schedule and on time. Sub-contractors are courteous and do what they are supposed to. Could not have asked for a better experience. Our home was actually completed a full two months early
- Opie's Construction & RoofingHe poured the footing for the addition, framed the enclosure, and roofed it. He did not do the interior finish carpentry work - I have someone else doing that. He worked closely with the city code inspector, and satisfied all local requirements. He did all this in 8 working days. This project was a very pleasant experience for us
- LEIGHTON CONSTRUCTIONMatt and his crew did a wonderful job. They completed the job accurately and in a reasonable time. We were so pleased with their promptness in arriving - around 7:00 am each day. They worked continually, being one of the rare teams who can both talk and work at the same time. The few changes I wanted, they cheerfully did. They were non-smokers (all 5 of them!) and used clean language. My kitchen, which combined an old office area and the former kitchen into one large one, is exactly the way I wanted it. Best of all, they completed all those little tasks that come at the end of a project. Nothing left for us to finish up as has happened in the past with other carpenters
- KENNEDY CONSTRUCTIONDid a great job! Project completed on time and within budget. Communicated what would happen and when and followed through. Replaced kitchen cabinets, flooring in 3 rooms, replaced tub & surround, toilet & vanity, installed lighting, did the plumbing and electrical that was needed. He was conscientious about the little details. Left the job clean and in good order
- Opie's Construction & RoofingThey worked so hard even through the coldest months. The crew was very kind and helpful and they remodeled an old farmhouse in the city limits and made it look like new again. They also tore down an old barn and hauled that away.
House Builders in Fort Dodge
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Home remodels, kitchens, bathrooms, flooring, and decking.Recent Review:Connor and crew did a wonderful job! There were lots of issues with the fencing provider I chose, delivering their products in a timely manner. But A-Z was very patient and worked with me, to make sure the fence was installed soon after we had all of the materials on hand and before the ground was frozen. They were very professional, reasonably priced and the fencing looks fantastic, and now my dogs are safer. I would definitely hire these guys again to do work around my home. Thank You A-Z and Angie's List for a job excellently doneTina M.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:Christian Bros. Excavating L.C.'s main goal is to execute with experience a complete scope of work in a timely, professional, feasible, and most importantly, safe manner. We are a full service excavation company with many long established customer relationships. We offer a strong base of technical expertise along with uncompromising quality of service and competitive prices. We are experienced in residential excavation work, call us today
- Business Description:We are a Home Improvement business that specializes in the smaller jobs that most contractors are not interested in. We have 1 full time employee and several skilled part time employees that can be called upon when necessary. The business is fairly new, but I have been working in the trades for 21 years. We also offer referral discounts, and incentives for customers that have work done by us
- Business Description:We have all the kitchen and bathroom cabinetry and countertop options you need for home building and renovations!
- Business Description:General Contractor, in business since 1957. Total new construction commercial and residential. Remodel of all types commercial and residential. Rigid building pre-engineered metal buildings. Call Me!
- Business Description:Wooden Ways is a General Contracting Company Owned and operated by a Master Carpenter with over 40 years of experience we specialize in building Furniture , Cabinets , pretty much any thing you can think of using Reclaimed Wood we also can and will build too suite your need
- Business Description:Established in 1982, Skyline Roofing, Building Restoration and Construction is a company that upholds extremely high standards, providing you with the best services the industry has to offer, including: commercial and residential concrete and flat roofing, demolition and complete remodels and windows and gutters. Skyline works with your insurance companies to make the storm repair process pain free! We construct and restore buildings to admire! Now servicing the Midwest, including Nebraska, I..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
If you’re a fan of the Victorian era, a Queen Anne home may be perfect for you. Learn more about Queen Anne’s romantic, revival architecture and how to incorporate key pieces into your home for a regal and unique decor style.
Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Find home builders in
- Dakota City
- Eagle Grove
- Webster City
- Rockwell City
- Lake City
- Grand Junction
- West Bend
- Story City
home builders in Fort Dodge
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- BACON BUILDERS2253 SOUTHRIVER RD
Fort Dodge, Iowa
- BERTE & SONS CONSTRUCTION1307 19TH ST N
- Born Again Interiors522 Highview drv.
- Brincks Construction & Cabinet Co.413 E GROVE ST
- Brown Wegher Construction125 Gateway Dr
North Sioux City, South Dakota
- Buck VanderWilt Builders1012 4th Ave
- BACON BUILDERS
- Cabinets By Stac508 W Sheridan Ave
- Christian Bros. Excavating L.C.2070 485th Street
Sioux Rapids, Iowa
- City Builders2009 Center St
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Creating Spaces528 36th Street
Des Moines, Iowa
- Creative Home Renovations2909 20th Street
Sioux City, Iowa
- Crittenden Design Building Systems207 Iowa Ave
- Cabinets By Stac
- Dave and Son Construction1770 285th Street
Marble Rock, Iowa
- Dave Navarro ConstructionP.O. Box 1268
- DON PEART CUSTOM HOMES217 S. 25th St, Suite B3
Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Downing Construction Inc2500 W. 2nd Ave.
- Ducts In A Row939 Main St
- Dynabilt TechnologiesPO Box 726
- Dave and Son Construction
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc2185 Fox Ave
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc
- Pfantz Construction406 4th Ave NE
State Center, Iowa
- Pfantz Construction
- S.W.E. Construction1000 S 7Th
- Schaus-Vorhies Water Treatment609 W. Grimes
- Shandy Home Improvements LLC5328 240th Ave
Albert City, Iowa
- Skyline Construction2541 Randolph St
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- STREIT CONSTRUCTION INC815 PARK ST
- Sundall Construction Co1696 260th Ave
Spirit Lake, Iowa
- S.W.E. Construction
- Wooden Ways2032 260th st
Grand Junction, Iowa
- Wooden Ways