If your brick or stone wall needs repairing, then you need a brick masonry contractor to tackle the project. Hiring a mason for a project can feel daunting, but if you follow these tips you’ll know just what to do to find the perfect pro for you.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Dubuque, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Recent Masonry Reviews in Dubuque
- MidAmerica Basement SystemsThe job was completely professional from start to finish. They did an excellent job. It was a full-day job starting with putting down plastic to protect the floors. Then they jackhammered the periphery, laid Waterguard, a system to drain leakage, put rocks over it and cemented the floor back, placed a protective sheet over the walls for further leakage protection, and cleaned up completely. In the process the foreman discovered a breakage in our sewer pipe and also repaired that at no extra cost
- Soni Singh Masonry, Inc. MyPatio.comEverything went smoothly from start to finish. Soni was super responsive from the initial quote through the finished product. He had a great team working with him. We love the finished patio and will definitely recommend My Patio to our neighbors.
- Custom MasonryIt went well overall. Mr. Wilson came when he said he would, did not go over what he quoted my mother the price to be, finished the work in a timely manner and I would recommend him to anyone.
- Burd's Waterproofing IncI recently purchased a new home. Rainwater was leaking into the basement through cracks in the chimney and chimney cap. The estimate from Burd's Waterproofing included over $2500 in repairs that included a few other areas that could have the potential to leak. I decided to go with the most likely culprit and pursue the others if the first guess didn't solve the problem. Burd's provided the estimate within a day or two and was able to complete the work the day after I gave them the go-ahead to start the job. It has been a few weeks now and has rained several times and I have not seen a drop of water in the basement so I think everything worked out great
- Burd's Waterproofing IncThey were very prompt. They did come back and asked any concerns that I had, answered all of the questions and did a nice job. I would use them again in the future.
- CHIMNEY SPECIALISTS INCThey came and gave me a an estimate for about 3000 for an aherns liner. I was told it would take a full day and a crew of 2 guys to install the liner which was why it was so expensive. I agreed and it was not an issue. They came and started work and found a problem that there was weakened partitioned walls. They said they could install a stainless liner for the same price. Thinking it was going to take a lot of work to get that in I felt lucky at the time. I signed the change order and they came and installed the new liner. It took about an hour. So I paied about 1k for the removal of the old liner which was not an issue. Then I was getting a labor intensive liner that cost about 2 grand. In stead I got a stainless which cost about a grand and it took them an hour. This should cost part plus labor I called the owner of the company and he told me that I was charged because instead of the single day it took them 2 (because they left and came back another day to do the stainless liner after finding the issue) and he could not recoup his cost because he had to send his guys out for 2 days. Personally I will do all I can to avoid this company in the future
- Droessler masonry and tuckpointingRyan Droessler is the most fraudulent person I have ever met. We paid him thousands of dollars in advance for materials, and he did only a VERY small amount of work (less than 10 percent), and then continued to come up with excuse after excuse to delay doing any more work. When it became apparent that he had no intention of completing the work, I told him that we wanted the rest of our money refunded. He repeatedly scheduled times to meet me to drop off a check and did not show up to any of them. He is a very skilled liar, and wove a web of lies, which included pretending he was in a mental institution, and texting me pretending to be his mom. I found out later that none of it was true. We hired an attorney and took him to court, and he did not show up to court, so the judgement was made against him. However, we have not seen a dime of what he owes us, and probably never will. I have since heard of two other people who he scammed in similar scenarios, and am told that they were for higher amounts of money than us
- Droessler masonry and tuckpointingRyan Droessler is the most fraudulent person I have ever met. We paid him thousands of dollars upfront for "materials," but he only did a very small amount of the work (Maybe 5 percent), and then continued to come up with excuse after excuse to delay working anymore. When it became apparent that he had no intention of finishing the work, I told him we wanted a refund of the rest of our money. He agreed and scheduled multiple meetings with me to drop off a check. He never showed up to any of them. He is a very skillful liar, and made up many stories, which I later found out were all completely untrue. These included telling me that he was in a mental institution, and texting me pretending to be his own mom. We hired a lawyer and took him to court, and a judgement was made against him because he never bothered to show up to court. We haven't gotten a dime from him, though, and don't expect that we ever will. Since then, I have heard of two other people he has conned in a similar fashion, and theirs were for higher dollar amounts than ours
- Droessler masonry and tuckpointingRyan Droessler was fraudulent throughout our entire interaction with him. We paid him several thousand dollars upfront for materials, and he continued to find excuses to delay actually doing the work, and never did get more than a VERY small portion of the work completed (less than 10%). We told him we wanted the money back since he was not getting the work done, and he agreed to refund the money, and scheduled times over and over to meet me to drop off a check, and never showed up to any of them. He came up with many bizarre stories for why he never showed up, and in the process, he pretended to be his mother texting from his phone, and said he was in a mental facility. I later found out that it had been him the entire time and the entire story was a lie. We hired an attorney and he scheduled multiple appointments to drop off a check to our attorney, and never showed up to those, either. We took him to court and he never showed up, so the judgement was made in our favor, but we haven't been able to get a dime back. I have since found out about multiple other people that he has defrauded by getting large sums of money upfront and then never doing the work
- LARRY DROESSLER BUILDING RSTRNAlthough the work was well done, his contracts are very confusing and what he says only adds to confusion. For instance he said that that to do the ceiling would cost $4700. I had spoken with him about what I wanted. Then after proposal he said what I wanted would now cost $6000 because the paint I wanted would cost more. I had always said I wanted this type of paint and how I wanted it two colored. So now the proposal was $1300 more and I didn't really get want I wanted. The final bill was close to $9000. Beware of this man. When he did the masonry he kept saying $14000 to tuckpoint.. We ended up paying him at $32000, So know he says one thing, rights his contracts in a very confusing manner. Adds things in after signing and will take you to court claiming all those things were originally in the contract when we thought we were only agreeing to part of them. He claimed three men were working, for hundreds of hours. We hooked up a camera and did not see this, not three people. Hire a lawyer if you deal with this person or you will be screwed
Masonry Contractors in Dubuque
- Business Description:MidAmerica Basement Systems is your premier locally owned and operated company that specializes in foundation repair, basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, concrete leveling, and radon mitigation.Recent Review:So disappointed with this company. I own a house for my daughter to live in while she is in college. The house is 5 hours from my residence. The house has been having water in the basement. I turned to Angi to get a reliable list of waterproofing companies. When MidAmerica Basement Systems called me to set up a time to give me a free quote, I was instructed I would need to be at the house. I let them know my situation of living 5 hours away and that my 21 year old daughter would be at the house and could FaceTime me during the appointment. This was not good enough as it is "company policy" to have the owner at the house. I spoke with the initial employee who wasn't willing or even tried to figure out a solution. Her solution was to send my call to the manager, who when answered acted like she had no idea why she was getting the call. I explained to her again that I lived 5 hours away and would not be able to be at the house, but we could use technology and I could FaceTime. This again was denied and a viable solution was not even talked about. Never did I feel they wanted my business or in any way were willing to work with me. I can't imagine I am the only one who does not live close and has had issues. It is 2021 and in the middle of a pandemic. Why FaceTime isn't an option is extremely frustrating and confusing. The customer service I received during this call by various levels of employees was also disheartening. I would never use them after this experienceKendra F.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Recent Review:Work on hold until I can determine if it is even necessarymark j.
- Business Description:We have 4 full time employees, We do not require a down payment for most jobs, We offer Free estimates.
- Recent Review:Ryan Droessler is the most fraudulent person I have ever met. We paid him thousands of dollars in advance for materials, and he did only a VERY small amount of work (less than 10 percent), and then continued to come up with excuse after excuse to delay doing any more work. When it became apparent that he had no intention of completing the work, I told him that we wanted the rest of our money refunded. He repeatedly scheduled times to meet me to drop off a check and did not show up to any of them. He is a very skilled liar, and wove a web of lies, which included pretending he was in a mental institution, and texting me pretending to be his mom. I found out later that none of it was true. We hired an attorney and took him to court, and he did not show up to court, so the judgement was made against him. However, we have not seen a dime of what he owes us, and probably never will. I have since heard of two other people who he scammed in similar scenarios, and am told that they were for higher amounts of money than usRobin B.
- Business Description:Locally owned buisness with 20 plus years experience providing cultured stone, new and restoration brick work block and stone retaining walls
- Business Description:At EJs Roofing, you are going to get a company that is licensed, insured, and experienced. We are focused on providing you with quality service at an affordable price. From offering manufacturer warranties to backing up all of our work with a 100% workmanship guarantee, you can rest assured that we always have your best interest in mindRecent Review:The initial contact was good and the price was fair. So they started the work and replaced the flat roof which went well. Then when they started on the chimney they found they would need to remove some of the roof to access everything which would be some additional cost. I agreed to this and they started the work but then there were delays and communication issues for over 2 months. They ended up not completing the job and leaving me high and dry to complete it myselfAdam V.
- Business Description:Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Description:We are a friendly and locally owned and operated business. Our goal is to serve our neighbors in a satisfactory manner and at an affordable price.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Brick houses were the standard of the 19th and 20th centuries, and they’re looking to make a comeback. Using this guide, you’ll get a better understanding of the benefits of owning a modern brick home. Find out if a brick exterior is right for you.
Paver maintenance may not be top of mind when you’re outside enjoying your patio or driveway. But if you want to keep your outdoor space looking fresh and updated, you should follow our tips and learn how to maintain your pavers.
Find masonry contractors in
- East Dubuque
- Hazel Green
- Cuba City
- Scales Mound
masonry contractors in Dubuque
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- All In One2151 Heeb St
- All In One
- Burd's Waterproofing Inc17395 Meadowlark Dr
- Burd's Waterproofing Inc
- Droessler masonry and tuckpointing
Hazel Green, Wisconsin
- Droessler masonry and tuckpointing
- Greenco Inc, General Contractor1203 Meadow View St
- Greenco Inc, General Contractor
- LARRY DROESSLER BUILDING RSTRN400 E US Highway 151
- LARRY DROESSLER BUILDING RSTRN
- MidAmerica Basement Systems4525 Buckeye St
- MidAmerica Basement Systems
- Premier Brick & Stone2769 Stonegate Ct.
- Premier Brick & Stone