It’s exciting to start planning your new dream home, but first you need to find the right professional to manage your project. Discover who to hire to build a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Dubuque, IA
There are 2 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Dubuque
- Burger Construction, I highly recomend Randy Burger for all your remodling projects, Randy always returnes you call, he is very prompt,relable,very fair on the pice of the work he does.
- PAUL KRAMER CONSTRUCTIONWent very smoothly from the pouring of the concrete for the footings, installing drainage tile, backfilled with gravel, Versa-lok blocks that are unaffected by thaw/freeze cycles.
- KOERPERICK CONSTRUCTION COFollow up and warranty of work has been horrible. Can't get him back here to fix things. Not up to date on how things are done now. Still wants to use old way of doing things. I regret having him build our home.
- ROBERT CODY - BUILDERIt went poorly. The house was finished on time, however time has revealed the many shortcuts taken by Robert Cody to make the deadline. These include: using sub-code framing timbers in the walkout basement entryway; incorrectly hanging the siding on the walk-out exterior; not allowing ample time for the gravel to settle after a storm washed away most of it, which has to be replaced; incorrectly installing the basement floor framing thus allowing concrete to in contact with untreated lumber, etc. As a result we now have siding that's bowed, a sideway that started cracking before we even moved, a driveway that is cratered, uneven, and cracking, framing in the basement that's settling unevenly resulting in cracking walls. And there's more
- DUNCAN CONSTRUCTION LLCDon Duncan showed up to give an estimate in September 2016, sent me a proposal on September 21, 2016, that I signed October 3, 2016, and then I never heard from him again. I called in November to find out when he would do the job. He told me "after the first of the year." I didn't hear from him again until I called him on May 25, 2017. He said that other work came before mine and that he would "try to make time for it" and then later he said he wouldn't know when he could do it. He offered that the guy he knew (Briohahn Custom Woodworks, who is listed on the estimate) could make the cabinet, but he didn't know when or how the cabinet could be inserted into the wall. The bottom line: he had other work that he prioritized before mine and was never going to tell me that he wasn't going to do it. He was going to keep me on the line for as long as I would put up with the waiting because he said that I "was very patient." He also thought I had no one else to call to do the work. Overall, stay away from this guy. He is unreliable and untrustworthy, and he will waste your time and take advantage of you if he thinks he can get away with it
- Miller Development GroupWe began with a bid in writing. We then proceeded to hire the company to start with the demolition of our existing living room space, stairwell, and bathroom based on the agreed upon bid. As well our roof was torn off and replaced. The demolition was completed, however, due to not protecting the other parts of our home, further damage existed that had to be repaired in addition to the areas that demolition occurred. The remodel of the home was slow, poor quality, and many things had to be re-done (they were requested to be re-done). The roof looked better prior to the removal of the old roof than it did after the brand new roof was installed. When questioned and asked for help on things we felt were not up to standard we were met with resistance and hostility from the owner, Chris Miller. We ended up letting him go as our contractor as the work was not acceptable and his workmanlike manner was too poor to continue to work with him and his crew. There were several issues with his crew and many times it was only one individual doing the work, but others in his crew had walked into our home unannounced, went into our refridgerator without asking, spit on our floor while working in our home- all while we were still residing in our home. Individuals he subcontracted out also did poor work on our home resulting in more expenses and postponed deadlines as the work had to be re-done (waterproofing, roofing, plumbing, drywalling, HVAC). These issues extended past agreed upon deadlines and six weeks into the project we were left with a shell of a livingroom (not even dry wall up), no bathroom or shower. As a result of the poor quality and not completing the job we ended up subcontracting with others to complete the work and correct many things caused by Mr. Miller and his Group. After letting him go from the job he refused to submit receipts with his "final" bill. The receipts we did receive were from other jobs and for things that were in the initial bid. Mr. Miller increased the initial bid by several thousand dollars without sufficient evidence to support his billing. We tried to negotiate reasonably with Mr. Miller, but this was not possible due to his continued attitude towards us and unwillingness to produce evidence of his billing practices. Unfortunately we have been locked in legal issues with him now for almost a year. He has been slow to respond to requests and has overextended deadlines for such requests through our attorney. He told us he would ensure that we would pay through legal fees if we did not pay him what he was requesting
- ROBERT CODY - BUILDEROnce we moved into the house we noticed things like there only being one outlet for the entire basement. Don't trust his word, get it in writing and even then you'll have to nag him.
- DP Home ImprovementDo not hire this company. They did not use correct materials. Completely substandard work overall. Tub not leveled. Plumbing didn't function properly. Did not seal tub surround at all. Grout looks terrible. Caulking not done. One team member even brought his dog into our home without authorization! Left a complete mess disaster when they said they were finished. Did not even sweep the floor let alone clean up the construction mess. Terrible experience all the way around
House Builders in Dubuque
- Business Description:We are a professional handyman company that can take on just about any project you may have for your house. From small repairs to larger remodels, we can take care of that. We also offer landscaping and lawn sprinkler services as well, since the owner has many years of experience specializing in that field. We aim to impress, and always do a quality job! Give us a call todayRecent Review:It went very well. Matt did a good job; the shelves looked great. He kept me informed of his schedule and did things in a timely manner. His quote for the project was right on.Frank G.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:Owner operated construction business
- Business Description:general construction, concrete finishing and stamping, installing, demo, large or small we get dirty doing them all. we do it all in one call making your dream home and improvements to give you the memoiys that make you completely love your hom
- Business Description:Schmitt Construction has been in business for over 20 years. We are a family owned business. Schmitt Construction gives free estimates for the surrounding area. Billing procedures require 1/2 down the rest upon completion
- Business Description:2 employees. Uses subs for electrical & plumbing. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. Service charges may apply. May contact through email.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
A-frame homes have many benefits, but there are drawbacks to keep in mind if you decide to build one. Find out everything you need to know about A-frame houses.
Compare all the pros and cons of building a new home versus buying an existing one, including price differences, maintenance costs, energy efficiency, and more.
Find home builders in
home builders in Dubuque
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Burger Construction1340 Delhi street
- Burger Construction
- Dave Navarro ConstructionP.O. Box 1268
- Davis Construction Inc.17001 Rooster Ln
- Davis Place LLC511 Garfield Ave
- Donovan Brothers Construction3409 Crescent Rdg
- DONOVAN CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING17159 Chicory St
- DP Home Improvement692 Hill St
- Dynabilt TechnologiesPO Box 726
- Dave Navarro Construction
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- ESSER CONTRACTING325 N Grandview
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- PAUL KRAMER CONSTRUCTION7652 PRAIRIE VIEW LN
- PAUL KRAMER CONSTRUCTION
- QUALITY CONTRACTORS INC26435 SIEVERDING RIDGE RD
- QUALITY CONTRACTORS INC
- RENAISSANCE RESTORATION2800 EASTERN AVE
- RENAISSANCE RESTORATION
- TERRATONE CONSTRUCTION LLC17697 RIVER VISTA DR
- TERRATONE CONSTRUCTION LLC