Missed collection day for your garbage or your recycling? If the garage truck skipped your house, it’s likely because of a small misunderstanding. Luckily, there are a few ways to get back on track. Here’s nine reasons why your trash wasn’t picked up.
Get matched with top hauling services in Cedar Rapids, IA
There are 6 highly-rated local hauling services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Hauling Reviews in Cedar Rapids
- D & D Tree Service IncThey did an amazing job. You can't even tell there was a tree there, except for the well filled hole where the stump was. They provided a prompt quote and performed the work for exactly what they quoted. There were no truck marks in the yard and the clean up truly was remarkable. All I have to do is rake a little grass seed in and we are all set for spring. Thanks D & D
- D & D Tree Service IncThey are great and they are the best. The scheduling was excellent. They are Johnny on the spot and it didn’t take them long. They call you before they come. When they are out they do a great job. They also grind the stump below the ground and work with the electrical company to mark everything off. The person that lived in our house previously had bunch of wood out back, and they disposed of it free of charge. We will use them again this coming spring
- M & K DUST CONTROL INCI have hired MK several times over the past 5 years to haul dirt and gravel. They are a great business. Calls are answered and time is taken to make sure the order is correct. The drivers take extra efforts when unloading and the trucks are clean.
- JB Construction and Handyman ServicesMr. Brown was highly professional right from the start. Was quick to come to our home and review needed work and provide a very accurate estimate. We hired Mr. Brown and he arrived the first day exactly as promised. Right from the start, he was courteous, and a pleasure to have working in our home. We will most definetly rely on him for additional work we need done. Nothing was impossible for him. His attitude was "sure I can do that." And he did! He is always so pleasant, hard-working and easy to work with. Whatever we found that need his attention, beyond the original list, his response was "no problem." His rate is totally reasonable and there were no surprises. All in all a fine gentleman and highly skilled. Because he was so good and quick we'll be able to move into the house we just purchased sooner than expected
- PHILLIPS HOME REPAIRWOW!!!!! My wife and I couldn't be more pleased with the workmanship, or professionalism. We had asked to be put on Mark's waiting list (he is a busy fella), and were very excited a few weeks later when Mark contacted us and said he thought he could set aside a couple of days for us in about 2 weeks. We had supplied Mark a list of targeted jobs, and advised we would have all material on hand prior to him coming to do the work, or get the material he required if he would advise what he needed. We also suggested we might add to the list if we came up with anything we hadn't initially remembered to put it on the submitted targets :-). So Monday, the actual first day, finally came and again, we gave Mark the most recent targets, did a total walkabout of the targeted areas, showed him where all tools and/or material were located and stepped away to let him do his work. We do not micro-manage or and quot;hoverand quot; and there was no need for that kind of monitoring anyway. We discovered very quickly that Mark is very much task oriented and if that meant staying past normal posted hours, he just did it to reach his needed finish point for the day. Due to potential weather the outdoor projects became a priority for day one. The drywall ballooned into a large task on day two. We had a section of wall damaged by some seriously invasive termites, and when the area was exposed work on framing, top and bottom plates, replacement of an eight foot 2x4 and insulation got thrown into the mix. Mark never flinched. He sent us out to get what he needed and just worked on other tasks until we returned. With time quickly going by on day two, we were readjusting our target priorities, but found out Mark doesn't work that way. He continued to work us in on the following 3 days between other work, until he had completed our entire list plus a ceiling light and door we had added along the way. We have a dog, eighteen months old, and Mark became her friend about 60 seconds after he came to our house. He was extremely vigilant about not letting her go out when he came in and out and always had a few minutes each day to play with her. That is special. Mark is polite, courteous, trustworthy, and reliable, and takes his jobs very seriously. Can we go back to WOW!!!!!! for a minute. Jobs were all well done and show high quality. Mark cleans up after himself so that you wouldn't even know he had been in your home. When he has initially reviewed the tasks required he has few questions, but will ask for clarifications or input if there are multiple solutions to any of the jobs. We know we can only rate as high as an A, but you will be very pleased and writing a similar review should you ever utilize his services. Be sure you read the list of tasks completed. First experience using Angie's List and it won't be our last. John and Marie Roesle
- M & K DUST CONTROL INCThe person in the office was very pleasant and was able to provide me pricing when I called. The pricing was very reasonable and they were able to deliver same day to me. I would definitely use their services again as pricing was great and staff was very nice.
- M & K DUST CONTROL INCWe have purchased dust control service from Mand K off and on for quite a few years. Their products usually performed fairly well depending on the type of summer. This year their prices had jumped significantly and were just too expensive for us so we switched back to Linn County's dust control program
- A To Z HaulingCalled the owner and he answered his cell phone while at a bar. Talked about what I wanted to haul away and he said that he was cheaper than renting a dumpster so like a rookie I agreed to have him come out and haul my stuff away. Called me back to confirm that I was cancelling our appointment a couple days later and had no idea what he was talking about. He must of had me confused with someone else. Called him Monday 3/28 to have him come 3/30 instead of 3/29 as it worked better for my schedule since the wife was off. He sounded hesitant to have to deal with my wife on the phone. When they got there the truck barely made it up my driveway first off and then they asked my wife to pay him in cash (which he never told me over the phone). My wife said that our child was sleeping so she couldn't get cash. He unwillingly said he would accept the check but asked about funds in our account and where we banked. Red flag! After they were done they charged us quite a bit more than a dumpster rental would cost. I will never have these guys haul anything away for me again
- Always Moving ForwardNot well. They left a vacuum, dining room rug, deck rug, Kitchen aide mixer. many things were poorly packed and several broken. i would not recommend using them ever. Cost was $500 over the estimate.
Last update on November 24, 2015
Hauling Services in Cedar Rapids
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful junk removal articles
Some homeowners don’t know where to start during a concrete removal project. But these tips will make this DIY home improvement job a little easier for you.
Before hiring a junk hauler, make sure to thoroughly vet the company. Unlicensed haulers might illegally dump your stuff, or take your money and run.
Find hauling services in
- Mount Vernon,
- Center Point,
- Central City,
- North Liberty,
hauling services in Cedar Rapids
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Ace Appliance Repair, LLCPO Box 8745
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52408
- RENEW Residential Services LLCPO Box 10392
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52410
- RICK'S MOBILE HOME REPAIR1100 WILEY BLVD NW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52405
- S & M Concrete2617 18th St SW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
- XtraHand (handyman services)828 8th Ave SW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
- Ace Appliance Repair, LLC
- Always Moving Forward650 West Cherry Street, Suite 7, Unit 120
North Liberty, Iowa 52317
- Always Moving Forward
- D & B Property Services, LLC880 Robins Rd
Hiawatha, Iowa 52233
- D & B Property Services, LLC
- Eric's moving and delivery service1501 St Andrew St
La Crosse, Wisconsin 54603
- Eric's moving and delivery service
- JRH Services LLC525 3rd St
Evansdale, Iowa 50707
- JRH Services LLC
- Lukehart's Lawn Care & Snow Removal3418 Whittier Rd
Springville, Iowa 52336
- Lukehart's Lawn Care & Snow Removal
- New Planet Moving & Storage4420 Andrews St Ste D
North Las Vegas, Nevada 89081
- New Planet Moving & Storage
- Olde Town Roofing712 18th Ave
Moline, Illinois 61265
- Olde Town Roofing