Cleaning and repairing a crawl space is a big task with many potential hazards. Find out how much it costs to bring in a remediation to make your home safer.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Fort Walton Beach, FL
There are 3 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Fort Walton Beach
- United Structural Systems, Inc.It was the first time I used this company. They know what they are doing and are very competent and professional. If I was in the Nashville area I would consider using them again. They are a little pricey.
- The Basement Guys - ClevelandThe work was done on schedule and in an efficient manner. Company personnel were courteous and efficient.
- Alpha Foundation SpecialistsJoshua Griffin of AFS came out to meet with us after the "great rains of July 2013." We had water seeping into our home from between the wall footer and the slab. Our home was built in the mid-70s, and we are surrounded by cypress trees. Duh. We aren't in a flood-zone, and the canal behind our property never breaches. The rain water just didn't go anywhere. We had gutters installed immediately...but could no longer deny the slightly tilting floors here and there. Joshua did some measurements to test the levelness of the house, and we discovered one side had indeed sunk down (like 3 inches in one spot!!!). He laid out our options, schooled us on sinkholes (there aren't any on the Gulf Coast where we live; true sinkholes are formed in limestone...which isn't present until over 100 ft down in regions like this), and informed us of our finance options. I don't know about you, but I don't have $10k just lying around. Sure...we could choose to not fix the issue; but when we decided to sell, we would have to disclose the issue to the potential home buyers. Usually, this results in a 20% deduction in asking price...right off the bat. It isn't rocket science to realize that one must simply do what needs to be done. With the company AFS partners with for financing, we got a great deal (no interest, pay that bad boy off in 12 months...woo hoo!). When the installation crew came out, all was well. There were 6 helical piers installed under the edge of our foundation on one side. As the house was lifted...ever so slowly...the walls and ceiling creaked ominously. Years of repaired cracks opened here and there...now that the walls and corners were square again. Amazing engineering, it was. The piers are attached to these hydraulic-jack-type thingies that are attached to the foundation. Then the holes are filled, and the poly-fill crew is set to arrive the next day. There were issues with a poly-fill crew's truck being out-of-commission, yada, yada. Other customers' jobs were being completed before ours...which is understandable. I would be ticked if someone called to tell me my job had been bumped because they were playing catch-up with someone else. That being said, it really wasn't cool to have a lifted foundation for a week...knowing there were voids under it. When I asked the crew leader if this was okay, as we were having people over that weekend...he replied, "what? like 30 or 40?" I said, "yeah." This wasn't true, but hey...if there's a problem with certain weight limit, I kind of need to know. Whatever. Once the crew arrived, everyone was awesome...even Mr. Personality (see above). They did not stop once...even for the burgers I laid out for them. The job was done perfectly. Warranty is Life on the lifted portion with the helical pier set-up (or 75 years); Warranty is that the lifted portions of poly-fill will not go down more than 1/2" over a five-year period. I say, heck yes. Best $10k I've spent in forever. My home isn't going to sink anymore...now on to the landscaping
- Doud RemoldelingBecause of too much weight in the closet, clothes rack pulled about 6 feet of sheet rock from wall. Mark repaired the sheetrock, mudded and fixed it so it looks new. I had him forgo sand and painting because another portion of the closet still had clothes hanging up. Being a closet with clothes this was a nonissue. He installed about six feet of horizontal 2 x 4 to existing structure. He then mounted an additional 2 brackets (3 total) to ensure stability. All done professionally. His price was extremely modest and reasonable for the service performed. He works in the northwest Florida area. I was so impressed with his work and cost I have lined up two more projects for him to do as he has time to fit them in. I highly recommend this personable and professional handyman
- AquaProof IncI didn't use them, they did not seem interested in taking the job, it was apparently too small. I called another company who came out right away and fixed it with no problems.
- Acme WaterproofingIt did not go well. The sump pump does not appear to be working. There is no visible sound at all. It never clicks on. The area in question that was supposed to be waterproofed has water in it. There is a "plastic barrier" around the bottom of the floor that is not attached to the wall and looks very odd. I asked him if he was going to remove it and he said it was supposed to be there. There is no reason for it to be there and it is bogus according to another service provider. I have tried to reach him over and over again and have left messages. He either does not reply or promises to come out and does not show up
Basement Waterproofers in Fort Walton Beach
- Business Description:2nd generation family owned and operated remodeling services with a passion for the highest quality installation in your kitchen or bathroom project. We offer free design services with every kitchen estimate!Recent Review:Craftsmen services remodeled our master bath, starting with replacing drywall, flooring, shower with custom tile work, vanity and light installation. The entire team was a joy to work with and were very accommodating with our changes and schedule. The quality of the work was spot on and the price excellent. I highly recommend CraftsmenElizabeth l.
- Business Description:As a trusted geotech company in Florida, Helicon specializes in using the latest technology to repair your sinkhole, stabilize your soil or structure, and prevent future damage with pre-construction. We are experts in pre-construction, soil and structural stabilization, & sinkhole repair. As the premier provider of geotech construction services throughout Florida for over 15 years, Helicon prides itself on providing high-quality service, for both insurance companies and private customers with..Recent Review:The estimate process was easy, they educated me and it was very professional experience.Rachel B.
- Business Description:All Purpose Drilling (APD) is a family owned and operated foundation repair company started in February 2014. The owner has been in the foundation business for over 15 years. Since 2014 APD has completed hundreds of commercial and residential foundation repair projects. APD understands the foundation process from start to finish. APD offers: free estimates, prompt service, transparent pricing, the best warranty in the industry, sealed engineering report, and military discounts. APD does not ..Recent Review:Due to improper initial installation, a "swim spa" at the house we bought several years ago was sinking. I contacted APD in July and their response was immediate. Joe of APD made a personal visit and gave a detailed explanation of the process his company would use to stabilize the spa. He also advised of any possible concerns. A reasonable price was also provided. We had full confidence in Joe and APD. However, shortly after his visit, a storm caused significant additional damage to the spa and we were forced to go in a different direction and have the spa removed. I would recommend APD, their concern and response was swift and very professionalJerry H.
- Business Description:Sub-contracting license for fast affordable quality work.
- Business Description:I am a self-taught artist, initially drawn to experiment with pastels and colored pencil, and now working with acrylic on canvas. My art speaks for itself.Recent Review:Good job, reasonable given the cost. My only complaint was less than meticulous clean up of the siding debris. <br />Wanda H.
- Business Description:Our mission at Hampton Enterprise LLC is to provide clients with superior customer service, quality work and speedy service in all aspects of their home improvement needs. Licensed, insured and trusted since 1989; come discover the Hampton difference today! We specialize in the installation and repair of Windows, Doors, Flooring, Sinks, Bathtubs, Showers, Sprinkler Systems and much more. We also offer Interior and Exterior Home Painting, Custom Welding Fabrication and Carpentry.Localy in you..Recent Review:Showed up and did not fix or repair any work that was needed. Just covered up with tiles. left in the middle of the job and never returned. Never returned emails or phone calls.mando c.
- Business Description:Foundation Professionals of Florida is a Cal-Tech Company. An advantage of ours is that we have decades of experience in the Geological studies of soils so we understand what is going on with soil conditions under homes
- Business Description:All residentail and commerical construction related services and as well as all roofing services. We are GAF certified roofers and also a certified general contractor.
- Business Description:Full service Florida Certified General Contractor for all needs, big or small.Recent Review:I chose to use South Wind Development to remodel my apartment complex after using the company to repair another contractors remodel snafu in my personal home. After dealing with a horrendous contractor, Keith and Rob completely remodeled my kitchen and installed tile flooring, lighting, baseboards, and a long list of other things to make my home livable again. Because of the quality services and professionalism they showed while working in my home under extremely difficult circumstances, I looked them up again when it was time to remodel my rental properties and continue to recommend the company to both family and friends. In the apartment remodel, Rob and Keith not only completely remodeled two apartments including completely changing the layout of the kitchen but work in two additional units with current tenants. They set up times with the individual tenants as to when they could complete several projects from new exterior doors and locks being installed to new appliances and hot water heaters and even an entire bath/shower combo and left the apartments in as good or better shape than the tenants left them. It's rare but these guys even clean up after themselves. All of the crew was very nice and behaved professionally when working in my home and my tenants home. Now to top it all of the company is reasonably priced compared to other contractors in the area. I highly recommend them for any home remodeling project, big or small. <br /Jamie C.
- Business Description:Services that we offer Include: - Exterior Painting - Interior Painting - Pressure Washing -Concrete Restoration -Wood Repair -Drywall Repair -Texturing -Blasting -Electrostatic Painting -Repaints and New Construction And so much more! Our company started as a very small local business working mostly on small residential properties, as has scaled to work nationally on large commercial properties like Starwood Resorts, CBRE, American Campus, Campus Asset, and many others. We have been in bus..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Crawl space encapsulation can reduce your energy consumption and prevent a wealth of costly issues, but is it necessary? Depends on what’s hiding under your home.
Whether you live in a flood-prone area or are someone who likes to have a plan, this checklist can help you get your home and community ready for a water-related emergency.
Find waterproofing contractors in
waterproofing contractors in Fort Walton Beach
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Craftsmen Service Co / 1 Stop1511 Glenlake Cir
- Craftsmen Service Co / 1 Stop
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer
- Foundation Professionals of Florida3309 SW SR 247
Lake City, Florida
- Foundation Professionals of Florida
- PKB Construction LLCP. O. Box 883
- PKB Construction LLC
- South Wind Development1419 Quailridge St
- South Wind Development