Moisture issues in your basement can lead to major problems with your home and your health. This guide will go over both interior and exterior waterproofing methods to help you determine the best solution for your home.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Milton, FL
There are 6 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Milton
- AFS Foundation & Waterproofing SpecialistsWe moved into our newly built house in May 2012 and had problems with water since day one. After trying all sorts of solutions (mainly using hydraulic cement and painting with Xypex), we needed to get a better and final solution. We called three different service providers. One never called back. The second one asked for follow-up information twice and then never answered any phone calls again. AFS was the only provider that followed through. Their office is in Birmingham so neither the salesperson nor the men performing the service were local. However, we were told that they are in the area at least once a week. The salesman provided a quote and a drawing and explanation of what would be done. He called a couple of times as we were making up our minds and offered to answer any questions or concerns we had. The work was done over two days. The men cleaned up as well as possible after the work was done. The water leakage was stopped as of that last day. One and a half months later, there is still no sign of water in the basement. Our only complaint is that we had a concern later that week and twice called the Birmingham office. It was Friday afternoon and no one was available. We were promised a call back and that never happened. Our concern went away so we didn't try again, however, they made no contact with us in response to our calls. There is a lifetime warranty on the work so we have some confidence in the work because of that, but we weren't very happy that they never called back
- AFS Foundation & Waterproofing SpecialistsVery professional great advice that to his benefit even after seeing the job did not fall into what they do he provided excellent advise
- HAMMOND CONSTRUCTION LLCGuest cottage, they were nice to work with, very professional. I had them start on the guest cottage while we were waiting for the crawl space to dry out on the house. I didn't think to get an estimate before they started on the siding on the guest house. They did a great job, but I was surprised at how much it cost. I had to stop work so we could get a handle on how much the whole project would cost. House, we had a big problem with moisture and mold in the crawlspace deteriorating the OSB sub-floor. Our house is bayfront with high atmospheric humidity, a high water table in the soil, and the crawl space flooded during Katrina. They figured out how to fix the sub-floor without taking up the floor, which was a wonderful thing. It saved us a lot of expense and work. We would have had to take up the floor, which is tongue and groove heart pine. We would have had to move out, which would be a huge expensive hassle. We would have had to take up the baseboards and try to label them to get them all back in the same place. We no doubt would have had to replace some of the flooring, which would have been damaged taking it out. We would have had to refinish the floors when all was put back together and paint the baseboards and shoe mold. They went from underneath and found all the weakened sections, removing them and replacing with plywood. We didn't even have to move the furniture or rugs! They put in new fans with humidistats to help control the humidity in our crawl space. Also new plastic over the dirt. After they were finished, we had the sub-floors sprayed with polyurethane foam, which provides a vapor barrier to the sub-floors, gives us insulation under the floor and provides more rigidity to the floors
Basement Waterproofers in Milton
- Business Description:AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialist, founded in 2000, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, and Mississippi. AFS is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized t..Recent Review:Working with Nick at AFS was great!! Very professional and easy to work with ThanksDray M.
- Business Description:AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialist, founded in 2000, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, and Mississippi. AFS is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized t..Recent Review:One corner was brought up to level with the other adjoining sidewalk. The other corner was barely moved - still maybe not quite as bad as before, but it now can cause someone to stumble and fall and possibly a lawsuit. It has sunk some since work was doneDavid H.
- Business Description:Woman owned company. Financing Available. Additional address for shipping only: 137 Cnty Rd 902, Calera, AL 35040. Areas served: Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Montgomery, Selma, Demopolis, Dothan, Enterprise, Ozark, Auburn, Huntsville, and CullmanRecent Review:This was a very extensive project that I spent months researching, hired an engineer for his professional guidance, and accepted bids from four companies. Two of the other companies were cheaper but proposed to use synthetic foam materials, which don't have a long enough track record for my comfort. Once the job started, the crews worked with great diligence, and despite the numerous difficulties they encountered, I never heard a single complaint. Total work time was 14 days over a three-week period that include Independence Day. Total cost was about $40Duane P.
- Business Description:2nd generation family owned and operated remodeling services with a passion for the highest quality installation in your kitchen or bathroom project. We offer free design services with every kitchen estimate!Recent Review:Craftsmen services remodeled our master bath, starting with replacing drywall, flooring, shower with custom tile work, vanity and light installation. The entire team was a joy to work with and were very accommodating with our changes and schedule. The quality of the work was spot on and the price excellent. I highly recommend CraftsmenElizabeth l.
- Business Description:Founded in 1977 and in its third generation as a family run business, Alabama Professional Services, Inc., is now one of the largest pest control and crawl space contractor companies in Alabama. By following through on a promise of excellent customer service, quality installations, and industry leading products, Craig Williams, President of Alabama Professional Services, Inc., and his company are constantly growing, establishing themselves in a position at the very top of their industryRecent Review:Guy showed up. He had no ladder to get into my attic, so I supplied one. He wandered around inside and out and then told me they would have to use metal flashing throughout to seal up any place mice could enter...at a cost of close to $4,000. He offered no written estimate (despite the supposed precision of the estimate which was down to the penny.) He seemed to think there was a gap between the roof and the top plate of the walls all the way around of 3 to 4 inches. He said that was the way they built houses back when our house was built. I guess he thought I was stupid and didn't know anything about construction. He was wrongLinda G.
- Recent Review:I would highly recommend this company. Brandon, the owner is very knowledgeable and walks you through each step of the process to make you feel comfortable. Communication was great throughout the whole process and finished product was excellent!!!! Very professional and honest. Will definitely use Color Wand LLC again for future projectsDonna B.
- Business Description:As a trusted geotech company in Florida, Helicon specializes in using the latest technology to repair your sinkhole, stabilize your soil or structure, and prevent future damage with pre-construction. We are experts in pre-construction, soil and structural stabilization, & sinkhole repair. As the premier provider of geotech construction services throughout Florida for over 15 years, Helicon prides itself on providing high-quality service, for both insurance companies and private customers with..Recent Review:The estimate process was easy, they educated me and it was very professional experience.Rachel B.
- Business Description:Diversified Flooring Works LLC
- Business Description:I am a self-taught artist, initially drawn to experiment with pastels and colored pencil, and now working with acrylic on canvas. My art speaks for itself.
- Business Description:MDH Construction is a full-service construction company in Daphne, AL. Providing a wide variety of construction services, including custom home construction, bathroom remodels, full-house renovations, kitchen remodels, additions, office remodels, exterior renovations, and custom homes, MDH builds primarily in Baldwin County, AL & Mobile County, AL . We strive to construct sound, energy efficient, and functional projects with the utmost quality. We have a great history of helping our customers..Recent Review:Mike is a true professional. He ensured that the job was done correctly and went over and above to ensure that we were happy with it. He showed integrity and fairness that is becoming very rare these days. He is not finished with the job until it is 100% right!!! I will highly reccommend Mike to anyone considering foundation/driveway work or any construction job for that matter. Thanks Mike for exeeding my expectations as a customerToby G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Flooding is devastating for homeowners, but you need to act quick to minimize water damage and mold. Contact your insurance company, grab protective equipment, and follow this flood remediation checklist to restore your home after a flood.
There’s no worse feeling than seeing water in your basement. But a little prevention, from sealing to drainage, can help avoid a wet disaster. Learn the best ways to waterproof your basement, and which method is the right one for your home.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- Gulf Breeze
- Pensacola Beach
- Mary Esther
- Hurlburt Field
- Fort Walton Beach
waterproofing contractors in Milton
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- MDH Construction Services, Inc.8954 S. Lamhatty Ln.
- MDH Construction Services, Inc.
- Onpoint Construction5492 Frith Ave
Gulf Shores, Alabama
- Onpoint Construction
- PAIR CONSTRUCTION CO INC dba Pair Foundation Solut8700 WARM SPRINGS RD
- PARROT STRUCTURAL SERVICES LLCPO BOX 1050
- PAIR CONSTRUCTION CO INC dba Pair Foundation Solut
- South Wind Development1419 Quailridge St
- South Wind Development
- Williams Foundaion Repair, LLC.12761 Moffett Rd
- Williams Foundaion Repair, LLC.