Curious homeowners may wonder: “How big is a septic tank?” Learn the average septic tank size and shape, and which one would work best for your home.
Get matched with top septic system services in Brooksville, FL
There are 17 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Brooksville
- Quality Septic IncGreat job by great people. If you need septic work look no further these are the people you want to deal with. Honest, punctual and great pride in their work. Kevin is a great owner and a great guy to do business with.
- ALL IN ONE SEPTICAfter calling all around looking for someone to come out and pump my septic tank on a busy Friday getting no one who could come out..I finally came across this Angi app, and got a few call backs saying they couldn't come out until Monday...then I get a call from Ricky the owner of All In One Septic Inc who said he'd be able to call a driver out that afternoon!! But to my surprise when the driver got here it was actually the owner, Ricky and his Dad who actually took the time out to pump it so we didn't have to wait!! Not only were they fast, friendly and very knowledgeable, but they also did it all at a Great Price!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND All In One Septic Inc to anyone who needs ANY kind of service with their Septic!! Thank You!
- AA Cut Rate Septic Tank ServiceA big shout out to John and his crew, I have had John take care of my tank since I moved in in 1997. Finally, we figured it was time for a new system. As this one was a 61-year-old system, I babied it for way too long. The work was on time, the guys were very courteous and the owner went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable with everything. Thanks, John, who would know a new septic system would be such an epic event. I recommend John and the crew!!
- Grasshopper Earth ServicesHe was also excellent. I will recommend them to others. I will use them for any service that I will have in the future
- The Clean Plumbers - Phillip MauriciMy septic and toilets inside my rental house were working wrong, and another guy who I had hired, told the lady that I needed new toilets, and then when this guy came out, and he actually figured out something that I had never known the whole 20 years that I had lived in the house, that there was another septic thank on the property, right beside the other one that was causing a problem. He didn't even charge me for coming out, checking it and finding the problem. They are very competent people, they are very interested in finding out what the actual problem is, and doing the work that it takes to figure it out, instead of saying they don't know what it is, which is what everybody said for all this time. They are my number one choice
- The Clean Plumbers - Phillip MauriciMy husband's mother was coming to visit Monday morning... He came on Sunday evening, used a snake and got on the roof to clean the vent too. He also reminded us to use enzymes in the septic.
- The Clean Plumbers - Phillip MauriciAfter two other plumbers either threw up their hands or said "no way," I called The Clean Plumbers to tackle getting Humpty-Dumpty all put back together. I'd used this company to install a new water heater a couple of months prior and had no problems. Another plumber had been recommended to reinstall all my plumbing after my kitchen renovation. With two plumber fails I was delighted that The Clean Plumbers did not seem thrown by the scope and difficulty of my plumbing needs. The addition of a farm or apron front sink was the source of all the difficulty as the deeper sink lowered and therefore cramped the many things going on under my sink. All the previous plumbing configurations were not possible. With a large disposal, new dishwasher connections that wouldn't reach and a reserve osmosis system & tank under the sink--well, lets just say it was very complicated, and tight! The Clean Plumbers sent Jay out the afternoon I called. Jay was very pleasant, positive and professional. He didn't seem thrown at all by all that I had going on under that sink. After a couple or so hours he had everything working perfectly. Jay had to be creative with getting it all to work in such a tight space but took it all in stride. And, when finished it all looked nice, not like the jumbled mess I had anticipated I'd be left with. I regret not calling The Clean Plumbers first, but will definitely next time
- Averett Septic Tank Co IncBeware when signing a 3 yr service contract. We signed a contract in Nov 2019. We were told that would give us 2 pump outs and an inspection every year. They also talked us into buying two risers to make it more convenient for them to check the system. Not only did the salesperson charge me $737.70 3 times because he kept loosing signal on his iPad, but it took me a month to get that money back. I emailed a few weeks ago to have my final inspection and pump out. I was told by Roland Young, a supervisor for Residential division that my 3 year contract had been fulfilled . If my contract was signed on the 4,Nov 2019 then they owe me another inspection and pump out. According to Mr Young they did not owe me anything. They counted my first cleanout and inspection 11/4/2019, the second inspection 11/11/2020 and the third inspection 12/16/21. That was what was included in the three year contract. My contract specifically states 3Yr Service Contract, Not two year service contract. The salesperson sold me two pump outs and a 3 yr contract. Apparently Mr Young has difficulty in calculating how many years make 3. Please do your diligence and make the salesperson spell out everything you get included in that contract specifically
- Olin Plumbing IncAfter having a couple inches of waste water sitting in the shower stall floor, I called Olin after some searching around. Upon arriving, Will let me know that due to layout he would have to pull the toilet in the same bathroom to snake the drain and troubleshoot. With the toilet off, he discovered the flange was broken and would need to be replaced, requiring the surrounding slab to be broken up to install the replacement flange. After snaking, he found no blockage so we proceeded to pop the septic tank lid off only to find it at max capacity. Will did not have to proper tooling to break the slab up as far down as needed due to the drain pipe cracking, so the following day the repair was completed. I was informed of the cost of the repairs of upfront as they were discovered and the employees were very professional and pleasant to deal with
- Olin Plumbing IncThey were great. They did a wonderful job. They squeezed us in during a very busy time when no one else could as we had a lot of rain in our area. The price was very reasonable.
Last update on November 11, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Brooksville, FL
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Septic systems that run poorly can ruin your backyard enjoyment. Here's how a well-maintained drain field can help your septic system work well.
Find septic tank services in
- Spring Hill,
- Weeki Wachee,
- Shady Hills,
- Bayonet Point,
- San Antonio,
- Ridge Manor,
- Port Richey,
- Dade City,
- Floral City,
- Land O Lakes,
- Homosassa Springs,
- Wesley Chapel,
- New Port Richey,
Septic Tank Contractors in Brooksville, FL
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 911 Restoration of Tampa501 S FALKENBURG RD
Tampa, Florida 33619
- 911 Restoration of Tampa
- AAA SEPTIC TANK SVCPO BOX 3389
Riverview, Florida 33569
- Ace-Swift Rite7216 University Dr
Hudson, Florida 34667
- Adam's Septic Service Inc2201 S Kingsway Rd
Seffner, Florida 33584
- American Restoration and Remodeling Inc4044 Commercial Way
Spring Hill, Florida 34606
- Arthur H Price, JR., Septic Tank Service, Inc5534 Wray Way
Holiday, Florida 34690
- AAA SEPTIC TANK SVC
- B & R Septic Inc9309 Labelle St
New Port Richey, Florida 34654
- Babes Plumbing Inc105 Bluegrass Ct
NOKOMIS, Florida 34275
- Believe Plumbing2312 W Kathleen St
Tampa, Florida 33607
- Blue Box Plumbing, Inc18125 N US HWY 41
Lutz, Florida 33549
- BROOKLYN PLUMBERPO Box 9106
Tampa, Florida 33674
- Brooks Septic LLC4424 E Arlington St
Inverness, Florida 34453
- B & R Septic Inc
- C LACEY PLUMBING INC1400 CLEARWATER LARGO RD
Largo, Florida 33770
- Chris's Plumbing Service6404 US Hwy 301 S
Riverview, Florida 33578
- Chuck's Plumbing1511 E Fowler Ave Ste E
Tampa, Florida 33612
- COTE'S SEPTIC TANK SVCP.o box 593
Odessa, Florida 33556
- Crowell Plumbing7305 N Florida Ave
Tampa, Florida 33604
- C LACEY PLUMBING INC
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Earl V. Keene Inc.4101 NE 35th St
Ocala, Florida 34479
- Earl V. Keene Inc.
- Harold's Professional Plumbing Services IncPO Box 245 Thonotosassa fl
Tampa, Florida 33592
- Harold's Professional Plumbing Services Inc
- J&D Builders of Central Florida, Inc.PO Box 1306
Windermere, Florida 34786
- JAMES CALHOUN SEPTIC TANKS1507 Bonnie Rd
Plant City, Florida 33565
- James K Hafke Plumbing3100 Freemont Ter S
Saint Petersburg, Florida 33712
- JERRY MILLS DISCOUNT PUMPING11421 State Road 52
Hudson, Florida 34669
- JPB Customs LLC13344 Golf Crest Circle
Tampa, Florida 33618
- J&D Builders of Central Florida, Inc.
- Olin Plumbing Inc3201 E 8th Ave
Tampa, Florida 33605
- Olin Plumbing Inc
- Quality Septic Inc1412 E. Baker Street
Plant City, Florida 33563
- Quality Septic Inc
- Tampa Bay Plumbers LLC6205 Johns Rd SUITE 11-12
Tampa, Florida 33634
- Tampa Bay Plumbing613 S Missouri Ave
Clearwater, Florida 33756
- The Drain Team, Inc.2025 Wild Acres Rd
Largo, Florida 33771
- Todays Plumbing904 Wyngate Ct.
Safety Harbor, Florida 34695
- TRI-COUNTY SEPTIC11421 ST RD 52
Hudson, Florida 34669
- Tampa Bay Plumbers LLC
Septic tank companies that service Brooksville
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.