A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic system services in Vista, CA
There are 13 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Vista
- Diamond Environmental ServicesThe man arrived on time and did the job efficiently. He was very cooperative in dealing with some tricky aspects of our septic system. We were very pleased and will definitely use this company in the future.
- Septic SolutionsWe had heavy rain in our area that broke one of the pieces on the septic sysrem causing it to not drain properly. I called Wayne at Septic Solutions, he showed up quickly to fix the issue. He was very professional, I would highly recommend this company!!
- A1 Septic ServicesAaron at A1 septic is a great guy. I really appreciate that they actually answer the phone. So many other companies have you leave a message and never return a call. A1 Septic was able to schedule service right away, was on time, and were pleasant and respectful to work with. They were able to locate my septic tank without a problem and left the site clean. I would highly recommend them to anyone and will definitely use them again
- A1 Septic ServicesExcellent! A1 Septic Service returned my phone call promptly, showed up on time, took safety very seriously, and was able to complete the job in a timely manner for a reasonable price. Their employees were very professional and all their equipment is top notch. I would highly recommend A1 Septic Service to anybody on a septic system
- Solid Plumbing & Drains Inc.Went better than I expected. The guys did everything quicker than they estimated and cleaner than I estimated. They were affordable and within my budget
- BLACKBURN DRAINAGE & CONSTRUCTIONBlackburn came out and gave us estimates to repair the baffle wall in our 2 septic tanks. After arriving to do the work his experienced employee was able to perform the repair on one of the tanks without having to perform a costly lid access and repair to get to the baffle wall. Both septic tank baffle walls were repair quickly, as well as a repair to an eroded tank exterior wall. Blackburn reduced the quoted estimate since some of the work was not needed and reduced it further as I dug up the yard to make the tank lids accessible
- MODERN SEPTIC SERVICEModern came out quickly and pumped our septic tanks, giving us a discount for having 2 tanks on our property. They identified baffle wall issues with both tanks and recommended 2 septic repair companies (one which we used). Very fast and courteous employees.
- Anytime Septic ServiceTotally satisfied with our experience with Anytime Septic. Before our service Dan from Anytime Septic recommended Nick Taylor Plumbing and Drain Service to locate our septic holding tank (which happened to be located under paving stones and turned out to be in an unusual direction. Dan arrived on time in a brand new truck and had all the equipment needed to perform the pump out service. Dan was friendly, profession, and extremely knowledgeable. He was clean and neat in his work and was careful with our property around the septic site. Since this is our first septic system we were curious about how the entire system worked. We watched the entire process and asked a huge amount of questions. He answered all our many questions and took his time to ensure we were well informed. We would highly recommend his services to anyone. We were extremely satisfied with all aspects of our experience with Dan. We will definitely ask him to return when it's time to perform this service again. Thanks for your excellent service, Dan
- Septic SolutionsThese guys are real pros, did a great job, overcame various obsticals, got the job done well and promptly. Reasonable bid, not upages.
- ASAP PLUMBINGProfessional experienced plumber. Replaced shut off valves and pressure regulator to older home. Plumber was knowledgable and cautious about cutting into the older more brittle pipeline. If you think you might have a challenging plumbing problem I would suggest this company. They work smart.
Last update on March 22, 2021
Septic Service Contractors in Vista, CA
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you should hire a septic service pro or a plumber depends on many factors. Here’s how to tell who should fix your septic system backup.
Septic tank risers make it easy to access your septic tank when it’s time for routine inspection, maintenance, and pumping, saving you precious time and labor costs.
Find septic tank services in
- San Marcos,
- Camp Pendleton,
- Valley Center,
- Cardiff By The Sea,
- Rancho Santa Fe,
- Solana Beach,
- Pauma Valley,
- Del Mar,
- La Jolla,
- San Clemente,
- San Diego,
Septic Tank Contractors in Vista, CA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 911 Restoration of San Diego4174 Sorrento Valley Blvd Ste H
San Diego, California 92121
- 911 Restoration of San Diego
- A.S.A. Plumbing2169 Anda Lucia Way
Oceanside, California 92056
- AAA Plumbing & Drain ServicePO Box 252
Ramona, California 92065
- Alpine Drainage System IncPO Box 847
Alpine, California 91903
- AMERICAN CLASSIC PLUMBING1215 S Buena Vista St
San Jacinto, California 92583
- AMERICAN PLUMBING AND DRAINS7007 Deerhurst Ct
San Diego, California 92139
- ARS / Rescue Rooter San Diego9895 Olson Dr Ste A
San Diego, California 92121
- ASAP Drain Guys & Plumbing120 N Pacific St J-1
San Marcos, California 92069
- ATLAS PUMPING SERVICE12740 VIGILANTE RD
Lakeside, California 92040
- A.S.A. Plumbing
- Emory Plumbing2085 Hotel Circle South
San Diego, California 92108
- Emory Plumbing
- Family Plumbing Heating & Air Inc.29970 Technology Dr #210
Murrieta, California 92563
- Family Plumbing Heating & Air Inc.
- Get Rooter & Plumbing 1285 Rachel Cir
Escondido, California 92026
- Get Rooter & Plumbing
- Ireys Plumbing2121 Pleasant View Rd
Knoxville, Tennessee 37914
- Ireys Plumbing
- NexGen Septics LLC1043 Nichols Ct., Suite 200
Rocklin, California 95765
- NexGen Septics LLC
Septic tank companies that service Vista
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.