When calculating the cost to waterproof your basement, you need to factor in much more than just a can of waterproof paint. We’ve rounded up the top types of waterproofing projects and how much they cost so you can figure out your budget.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Tahoe City, CA
There are 3 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Tahoe City
- SHEcan2Teri and staff were very responsive to my calls and questions. Teri recognized my problem very quickly and consulted with staff on best course of action. I appreciated Teri's offer of time and materials since there were many unknown about the project. They determined that other foundation work needed to be completed and reported back to me on cost to repair. Work was completed under projected cost including additional foundation work. Work was difficult. All staff acted professionally. Extra effort was made because they knew that it was the right thing to do
- Tahoe Mold and WaterNed and team are fabulous! I highly recommend them. Very knowledgeable and trustworthy. Will definitely be calling them again for future needs.
- Sierra Green BuildersWhen we bought our first home in fall of 2012, we knew we wanted an energy-efficient mortgage (EEM). Most lenders don't offer an EEM, but we lucked out with ours. With an EEM, an energy audit is scheduled and green upgrades to the home are recommended. The total cost of the upgrades are rolled into the mortgage, so you don't pay a dime up-front. Sierra Green Builders was selected to do the work. After we purchased the home, Sierra Green Builders coordinated with us over the following weeks and discussed the project in-depth. The home was severely lacking in insulation, which impacts your power bill. We were given an estimate and they were very flexible with any changes we wanted to make. Needless to say, we had a great experience with Paul, Travis, and the crew from SGB. They are very trustworthy. At the time of the work, we were still living in our former apartment down the street. We gave them full access to our new home, key and all, so they could arrive early in the morning before we got there. The work was done very quickly and professionally. Paul is so knowledgeable about energy-efficiency and will happily answer any questions you have. There are no stupid questions. One thing that caught me by surprise: he will talk you away from costly upgrades that you don't really need. That's rare. The upgrades have made such a huge difference. The home is so much more comfortable and our power bill has dropped significantly. They reduced the HERS rating enough to qualify the project for a $3,000 rebate from EnergyFit Nevada. We used that rebate to upgrade our entry doors, an installation that SGB helped coordinate. Paul has reached out to us since the work was completed to make sure we are satisfied and to check on the repairs
- Sierra Green Builderss a new home owner with intentions to improve the energy efficiency of my older (1961) home, I felt lost. Prioritizing improvements when practically everything needs work is taunting. I found Paul's business on the general internet and he not only provided an excellent, high quality energy audit but orchestrated projects such as attic insulation, duct sealing, and crawl space improvement. He helped connect me to great painting services and to general contractors in the future. His audit left me with a good knowledge base with which to plan future projects. He is a great service provider and a really nice person too
- CETO Builders IncWent too quickly in some cases. I had to monitor progress hour by hour to make sure all of the work was being done according to a plan I developed over the course of months previous, based on structural engineer reports. There were several instances where the subcontractors departed from that plan and I had to insist that they stop work, get back on track and proceed. There were other instances where I had to make decisions on the fly as the project continued. The structural engineer's conclusion that the cause of the damage was expansive soils left in place, and improper compaction of the worksite site in 1978 was WRONG! Unfortunately a soil engineer we contracted to check this did in fact find expansive clay in the one test hole we had bored in the floor slab. That test hole missed the root by about a foot and a half. The real cause was big old tree roots from a cottonwood that stood twenty feet from the house across the patio. We estimated one root ran 30 feet lengthwise down the patio following a the center joint. A second reached across the patio, dove eight feet down under the footing, and followed the footing around half of the length of the house, and the entire width on one end, for a total of over 60 feet. It was still an inch and a half in diameter when it disappeared under the far side of the floor slab still headed west. Excavation was continuing at an unbelievable pace when pieces of tree root started turning up. Workers inside pointed out the root, and I was able to take some pictures, but continued shoveling and removed it. First mistake. My second mistake was to allow work to continue before our insurance company could see for themselves. Our insurance company disallowed any coverage for damage due to soil movement, but re-opened our claim when we reported the presence of those big roots. There was one big knot of a root in the specific location where the damage was worst under the floor. It was growing between the slab and the footing, and had raised the floor about 1.5 inches, damaging the interior sheetrock, but not the footing or foundation wall. I had pictures, and CETO Builders owner Scott Cetovik was ready to back us up that the root caused all the damage. For what it's worth, we cut that cottonwood down six months previously, when it seemed to be diseased and in danger of falling on the house. The structural engineer's report and the backup soil test led us in the wrong direction and cost us about $30,000 more than if we had known about the tree root
Basement Waterproofers in Tahoe City
- Business Description:Tahoe Mold and Water is your local certified professional. We are a specialized construction company dealing with property damage and environmental health in the Tahoe, Truckee and Surrounding area. We serve our customers with openness and integrity. Quick 24 hour response to your emergency with the knowledge and ability to immediately preserve your damaged property while advising you on how to deal with insurance and other concerns. When you have a home disaster it is important to have a con..Recent Review:Excellent. They came out right away and were knowledgeable, friendly and professional.Barbara V.
- Business Description:Our specialties are kitchens, bathrooms and home additions. We have put together an array of pictures to give you a feel of the work we have accomplished during our 25 years of service.Recent Review:They responded in a timely manner, but are too busy to give me a bid.Dan R.
- Business Description:We provide professional installation of commercial and residential epoxy flooring and storage solutions. Our service area stretches from North of Lake Tahoe to areas in and around San Jose and Santa Cruz. We travel for work!! We offer various types of lifetime warrantied epoxy flooring (multi-layer build-ups of "speckled" and metallic fleck) and lifetime warrantied cabinetry, slat wall and overhead racks. coatings and metallic fleck suspended in clear epoxy). Garage Experts has an enormous cl..Recent Review:From start to finish it was a very pleasant experience. The workers who came out to a simple the cabinets and put on the Apoxsee floor were very professional and courteous. I would highly recommend them to anybody who wants epoxy flooring or cabinetsjay f.
- Business Description:An owner operated, family run business servicing the Lake Tahoe (Nevada) area.Recent Review:I am thrilled with the quality of work that was done in my remodel. Scott was very responsive and the sub contractors did a wonderful job. Only issue was delay in painting while trying to schedule painter because they were so busy. It delayed some of the project. However, the painting job of the cabinet was excellent and worth the wait.!! I would definitely refer Ceto Builders. Yvonne RiggaYvonne R.
- Business Description:Ed Smallman has more than 30 years of experience in all types of roofing and waterproofing. You can rely on Ed and his team to design and install a variety of roofing and siding styles, including composition shingle, slate, wood shingle, and metal roofs. They are also experts at below grade (wetsuit) waterproofing
- Business Description:Customer stratification is my main goal right along with excellent workmanship. Combine both of those and i will also guarantee a very reasonable rate. If you are not fully satisfied with my work i will fully reimburse you. I take great pride in my work. That is why i can proudly say i have repeat customers. I have one employee. If there is a job i cant do, i will be sure to find you someone who can. I grew up in the Reno sparks area
- Business Description:Family owned and operated company since 1990. Custom builder Lake Tahoe. Three CA licensed contractors are partners of the company. Crew size-5. Our crew does any carpentry work. Most other trades we sub-out but have great relationships with companies who do electrical, plumbing, masonry, painting, flooring/tile work, cabinets, and many other home repair needs. We ask for a small deposit to start the job, but most of our billing occurs at the completion of the job. We work on both a time and ..
- Business Description:We are a full in house Waterproof Deck Coating and Concrete Coatings company. Owner is involved through out project. Liability insurance and workers comp.Recent Review:It went fine. They showed up on time. They did exactly what they said they were going to do. They left properly.Jean G.
- Business Description:Our mission at Hampton Enterprise LLC is to provide clients with superior customer service, quality work and speedy service in all aspects of their home improvement needs. Licensed, insured and trusted since 1989; come discover the Hampton difference today! We specialize in the installation and repair of Windows, Doors, Flooring, Sinks, Bathtubs, Showers, Sprinkler Systems and much more. We also offer Interior and Exterior Home Painting, Custom Welding Fabrication and Carpentry.Localy in you..Recent Review:Showed up and did not fix or repair any work that was needed. Just covered up with tiles. left in the middle of the job and never returned. Never returned emails or phone calls.mando c.
- Business Description:Blue Lake Seal Coat and Striping is a family ran seal coat and striping company. We operate a heavy duty 520 gallon seal coat tank. We handle all jobs no matter how big or small. From your private drive way to your large business parking lot, installing signs, bumpers, striping parking spaces, handicap spaces, and no parking fire lanes. All at competitive rates. Why Seal Coat? Weatherproofs: Prevents damaging water penetration Like-New Appearance: Provides a new, fresh appearance with a j..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Moisture issues in your basement can lead to major problems with your home and your health. This guide will go over both interior and exterior waterproofing methods to help you determine the best solution for your home.
Flooding is devastating for homeowners, but you need to act quick to minimize water damage and mold. Contact your insurance company, grab protective equipment, and follow this flood remediation checklist to restore your home after a flood.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- Olympic Valley
- Carnelian Bay
- Tahoe Vista
- Kings Beach
- Incline Village
- Zephyr Cove
- South Lake Tahoe
- Washoe Valley
- Mound House
- Carson City
- Vc Highlands
- Virginia City
- Spanish Springs
- Pollock Pines
waterproofing contractors in Tahoe City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Blue Lake Sealcoat and Striping488 McFaul Way
Zephyr Cove, Nevada
- Blue Lake Sealcoat and Striping
- CETO Builders Inc695 Manzanita Ln
- CETO Builders Inc
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer
- Ed Smallman's Roofing and WaterproofingPO Box 431
Tahoe City, California
- Ed Smallman's Roofing and Waterproofing
- Figueroa's Construction1767 Coyote Rd
- Figueroa's Construction
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Linkey & Sons Construction Inc.P.O. Box 5413
Tahoe City, California
- Linkey & Sons Construction Inc.
- Monarch Concrete Coatings2020 Monrovia Ave
Costa Mesa, California
- Monarch Concrete Coatings
- Nornev home repair and maintenance services690 katherine st
- Nornev home repair and maintenance services
- Sierra Painting Inc265 Golden Ln
- Sierra Painting Inc
- Tahoe Mold and Water8414 Speckled St
Kings Beach, California
- Tahoe Mold and Water