The size of a small septic system falls between 750 and 1,000 gallons. Keep reading to learn all about small septic systems for one toilet and how to choose one.
Get matched with top septic system services in Sonora, CA
There are 0 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Sonora
- G SepticPerfect. Next day service, on time, done quickly and got great advice from Edgar Hernandez, the owner. Will call him again for other related problems/project. Price was fair. Thanks Edgar!
- John Manning PlumbingJohn Manning Plumbing was quickly responsive to our call about septic issues. Bryce was very knowledgeable. He was fast at analyzing and correcting the issue. They finished up by servicing the system and got our plumbing back on line. We would call them again.
- John Manning PlumbingThey were very professional and the work was done very timely and work space kept very clean. I would highly recommend to anyone needing plumbing repairs
- John Manning PlumbingThey came when they said they would. Bryce is very friendly and knowlegdeable. Service was quick and clean. Will use again and refer out.
- John Manning PlumbingJohn Manning was very prompt after the call was made. They were courteous and very informative. The gentleman that came out to do the initial work, Bryce was helpful, explained things clearly and was amazing with my grandchildren. He answered their question and interacted them. When John showed up with the pump truck, he too was very informative. He was answering my grandkids as well. You wouldn’t even know they were here. I would highly recommend this company
- Woods Plumbing and RepairA new Leitchfield installed.From the moment the estimate was given to the end of the work performed they were most professional. They were on time to work finish the job when it was supposed to be an even re-planted some trees that had to be dug up during. It all most was sad to have the work done because they were so enjoyable to have around. I would most definitely recommend them for any job that you need done they were knowledgeable and professional
- Clay's Septic & Jetting IncI know that more people file negative reviews than positive ones. I have had a very positive experience with Clay's. Easter Sunday was not off to a good start. Our septic system started backing up into our house. We called Clay's at 10am and they told us they would be out to our house at 3. They showed up on time and walked us through what needs to happen to get everything back on track. By 4:30 they had everything wrapped up and fixed our system. Justus was very professional, helpful, and consultative. He provided options and future mitigation strategies. Clay's will be our first call. We will have them come out annually to take a look at our system
- John Manning PlumbingWe have used John Manning plumbing multiple times for our septic and have always been pleased. Show up on time and get the job done. I would recommend them to anybody.
- John Manning PlumbingLiving with a septic tank system means regular contact with Shirley and John Manning. I absolutely trust my system to them. What I also enjoy is that they hire great people that I am very comfortable having work in my home - Bryce came out to pump our septic today and he was courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. (See ya again in three years!) I found out today that they also have a complete plumbing service crew. I needed my master bedroom bathroom sink snaked (in the 10 years that I've here, this sink has always been a slow drainer). Joshua very thoroughly examined the situation and snaked it from the sink pipe (not the clean out in the adjacent bathroom). He FIXED IT! First time in 10 years, water flows out of the sink! Both Bryce and Joshua were neat, clean in appearance (no plumber butt cracks!). They listened to me about my situation and didn't jump to conclusions. They were very diligent about making sure our fur baby (dog) didn't run out. I had a stroke 2 years ago and have balance issues walking plus my right arm shakes. Bryce and Joshua were very patient with how long it takes me to walk and when signing the work orders. Montana answers the phone and is very knowledgeable about what can be done. I recommend John Manning Plumbing. They are very affordable and accommodated my schedule. They showed up when they said they would and completed the work quickly. Plus they clean up afterwards so things look better than before they came
- Mike The PlumberI had Mike do a lot of work, clearing out all my drains, pumping out my septic tank, and putting in a new leech field. It made for a big project, but Mike and his guys did a great job, My property has a lot of landscaping, and despite a substantial amount of digging with heavy equipment to put in the leach field, they took care to work around everything, and did as little damage as possible. I really appreciated that extra effort. If you're looking for someone to do the job right, go the extra mile, and do it at a fair price, do yourself a favor and call Mike
Last update on November 13, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Sonora, CA
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Live green and save cash: Conserving water, composting and using fewer harsh household chemicals not only helps planet Earth – it’s good for your septic tank.
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Find septic tank services in
- Twain Harte,
- Mi Wuk Village,
- Angels Camp,
- La Grange,
- Mountain Ranch,
- San Andreas,
- Mokelumne Hill,
- West Point,
- Valley Springs,
- Pine Grove,
Septic Tank Contractors in Sonora, CA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Roto-Rooter14969 Camage Ave
Sonora, California 95370
- CANYON SEPTIC SERVICESP O Box 67
Silverado, California 92676
- CANYON SEPTIC SERVICES
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- EL DORADO SEPTIC SVCPO Box 488
Soulsbyville, California 95372
- EL DORADO SEPTIC SVC
- NexGen Septics LLC1043 Nichols Ct., Suite 200
Rocklin, California 95765
- NexGen Septics LLC
- Quik-Rooter540 W Reid Ave
Porterville, California 93257
- ROLLERI LANDSCAPE PRODUCTS1142 MURPHYS GRADE RD
Angels Camp, California 95222
- ROLLERI LANDSCAPE PRODUCTS
- Urke Septic Services13340 Nevada City Ave
Grass Valley, California 95945
- Urke Septic Services
- WCC Plumbing1512 Mildred St
Hanford, California 93230
- WCC Plumbing
Septic tank companies that service Sonora
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.