Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Sonora, CA
There are 3 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Sonora
- American Vision WindowsAlan was amazing, he was courteous, professional and detail-oriented. I can't wait for the completion of the installation to see the final product.
- Hawley & Sons Construction & Handyman ServicesWarren and his team provided excellent service. We were very pleased with the end product and will contact them again first for ALL our handyman, remodel, or new build projects. Many thanks!!
- Approved Contractor Inc.Windows were measured. I was informed windows were ordered. I was informed windows are ready and a date was made for installation. Installers arrived as scheduled. Installers did a good job of coving furniture. Old windows removed new windows installed Very clean job. Excellent installation and clean up. The whole family was happy with the new windows read less
- Lepage ConstructionVery good. Lepage contractor showed up & gave an estimate as promised. An agreement was made & the job was completed on time & for the price quoted!! Professional, courteous & prompt service!! I will hire Lepage again for home projects!!
- NVA Home ServicesWOW! Who knew our tiny bathroom could become so spacious! Thanks to NVA Home Services, we were able to expand our bathroom to something that we have always wanted. We were blown away by their professionalism, efficiency and affordable pricing! We will be in touch!
- Fine Builders IncFine Builders did an amazing job with our condo renovations. My wife and I worked with a project manager, Nir, who was very useful in coordinating by all aspects of the job, mainly because both my wife and I are working more than 40 minutes away from home 6 days a week. If we gone with individual companies for the paint, wood floors, carpenters, etc., the job would have taken a lot more of our time and probably lasted much longer. The reason why I am giving Fine builders this review is because they put the quality of work first above everything. At a certain point, the workers made a mistake in installing the floors, but rather than try to convince us that it’s ok, they immediately told us of the situation and then paid for new supplies themselves. They also went through extra measures to make sure the wood floor in the kitchen was perfect and that we are happy with how they look. There were a few delays during the remodeling, messes left behind during the day and few confusions about general issues, but I think this is normal and part of the remodeling process and seemed to be not bad at all compared to the stories I've heard from friends and relatives. Nir gave us a credit at the end of the remodeling because he wanted us to have the place cleaned up professionally by someone that we wanted (he offered us to bring someone but we wanted to bring them ourselves), so that by itself was a completely great gift that we got from Nir. The fact that the company valued the quality of the work and customer satisfaction so highly counts for a lot. I definitely recommend this company read less
- MENACI DESIGN DRYWALL The King Of DrywallNot good. Ciro started off very cordial. He came to review the job in a timely manner. I went over all the details of the job with Ciro. There were some detail issues because we were adding drywall to the ceiling. For example, the trim where the ceiling met the wall (closet) had to be removed and replaced when the new drywall was installed. this was all discussed and included in the price. Ciro provided an estimate and I negotiated a lower price with him. At the tie he did not say he could do it for a lower price but I would be using inferior products at that price. The problems began when his workers showed up to do the job. It became apparent that Ciro did not go over the job with his workers. When I asked for them to remove the trim, they had to call Ciro for approval. When I asked that they cover furniture, they did a half !@%$ job! I understand the job is messy but if you saw the way they treated my furniture you would be appalled. They did not clean up after themselves each night so the bedrooms, bathrooms were pretty much unusable during this period. They were not hired to paint the walls in the bathroom but because they did such a terrible job of taping when they applied the mud to the ceiling they got mud all over the walls. They tried to just touch up about three inches at the top of the wall to match the existing wall. The problem was they used the wrong color paint and the wrong sheen. This happened in both bathrooms that they worked in. While they were painting the living room wall the painter said he's already applied three coats and its still not covering. The underneath color was a dark brown but it shouldn't have taken four coats to cover. This next part was not their fault. When they finished paint the rooms, thee was a slight pink tint to the paint. I knew this wasn't correct because I had already used this color in the hallway and it was fine. The painters just pick up the paint at DE and paint, they couldn't care less nor should they about the color. When I went to DE to tell them about the shade of paint now on all my walls, they said that your painter used the cheapest paint they carry. MAKE SURE YOU STIPULATE THE ACTUAL NAME OF THE PAINT YOU WAN THEM TO USE. When I confronted Ciro about this, he said there isn't a difference in the various grades of paint sold by DE. REALLY?? That's news to DE. DE admitted the shade of paint was off and they reimbursed me to have a painter to come in and repaint what Ciro's team did and DE also paid for the paint. So props to DE!!! In the process of painting my bathroom walls they got paint on my handmade custom cabinets. When I called Ciro he stopped taking my calls. If this is the kind of service you want, then these are the guys for you. I'm not a sour homeowner, just want to warn folks able certain contractors and how there pricing may seem good...they use crappy paint and their on their way to the next customer. If you want to see another review I wrote on Inter Urban Flooring for hardwood floor installation, check them out...they were awesome. Such a difference read less
- Adrian ConstructionFrom the first quote until completion, all was flawless. Extreme attention to detail and neatness. Owner keep us informed every day on schedule for other subs, ie, stucco, electrical, etc. A very professional job. You can not tell that the door was not part of original home construction.
- BWC CONSTRUCTION INC.BWC was excellent! They remodeled my kitchen and bathroom and it is beautiful! They Did such a great job I had them do my foundation and my siding. They also put in all of my flooring. Brian was professional and very pleasant to work with. I recommend a BWC to all my family and friends they’re great read less
- Thrasher ConstructionThe dry rot repairs were done quickly, and after a complaint about the cosmetic result on the window, it was replaced promptly. The deck work was completed by a subcontractor, but was reviewed by Scott on a daily basis. The work was done quickly and the crew was professional and friendly. The high deck on our house was finished within 10 days and Scott was present to ensure that the inspection was completed. The price for the deck was very competitive, compared to estimates we received from other contractors. The price for the dry rot repairs was not reasonable, it was equal to the amount given by our pest inspector which was known to be overpriced. (We didn't know that Thrasher had a copy of his estimate, and just matched it until after the repairs were completed.) I was happy with the work, the price and time of the repairs. I would definitely use Thrasher Construction again for major house repairs / remodel read less
Contractors in Sonora
- Business Description:For over 40 years, we have provided pest control services throughout California and Nevada. We are an active member of Pest Control Operators of California Association, which strives to educate and inform companies throughout the state of California of the ever-changing legislation that is vital to our business. It is our commitment to provide the best-trained, professional staff available. Additional DBA: Roseville Termite Pest Contro read lessRecent Review:It was perfect. He is professional, on time and he has good communication skills. He also provided good documentations. He is very thorough. I haven't had any issues with them yet.Kimber B.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Newly engineered or remodeled decks, wood, decks, composite decks, timbertech, exotic brazilian decks.Recent Review:Fabulous! Will and his team removed large old wooden deck, including support structure, and built new one using Firberon composite materials. About 3 weeks in all. It looks great and feels much sturdier. We couldn’t be happier. Highly recommend this group read lessJR R.
- Business Description:Whether your project is a new construction, custom built home, an existing remodel, or an energy efficient upgrade, Landmark Construction has the industry experience and skilled staff to make your construction project a success. Our goal is to save you money through energy-efficient construction. Landmark Construction is California’s premier Air-Conditioning Contractor and Heating Contractor. Along with HVAC contracting we can better regulate your home’s temperature with new insulation and a .. read lessRecent Review:Ezra and Charles are very friendly and personable. That is, when they want to take your money. What good is a 12-year warranty if you start ignoring your customers at 2 years. I needed my HVAC replaced. Because the HVAC sits on my roof, I decided to redo the roof too. Ezra and Charles came out and were really friendly so I immediately had a good impression of them. Even though it would’ve been cheaper to go with a roofer and a separate HVAC company, I decided to go with Landmark Construction Crew, aka Landmark Energy Upgrades. I figured it would be a more seamless process for one company to do both. I got this done in December of 2016. The thing with a roof is that you don’t know if it’s a good job or not until it rains so I waited to write a review. Around January 2018 ( a little over a year later ) we got some much needed rain but unfortunately, I had a leak coming from one of my vents. I emailed Ezra and he sent out a roofer. The roofer came, looked at the vent, jumped up on the roof for ten minutes and said he was done. Months later, it rained again, it leaked again, I emailed Ezra again. I decided to take a closer look at the vent and noticed that there was sunlight in the ductwork. I figured sunlight equals gap somewhere. When the roofer came, I told him and he said it’s nothing, probably just a reflection, without even taking a look. Then the roofer tells me that the next time there is a leak, I need to call the HVAC guy because it’s not a roof problem. I couldn’t believe it so I told him that HIS company IS the HVAC guy!! I used one company to do the roof and the HVAC so there is NOBODY else to blame. So, he jumps back on the roof and was done and gone in 10 minutes. About a month goes by and the rain is back and so is my leak. It’s 2019 so it rained a lot this year. Good for California, bad for me. So, I emailed Ezra again. After a few weeks, no reply. So, I email him again with pictures, a few more weeks go by and no reply. So, I call him and he picked up the phone. He sounded surprised to hear from me (probably didn’t recognize my phone number) and I start telling him about the leak. He said he didn’t get my emails but just text him my address and he’ll send somebody. A couple of weeks goes by and nothing. So, I text him again and after weeks and weeks of waiting, no reply. I’ve emailed, called, and texted so, at this point, it’s very obvious he’s avoiding me. If you are looking for a friendly company that is willing to take your hard-earned cash then Landmark is for you. But if you’re looking for a company that is accountable for their work then look elsewhere. I know I am read lessTony T.
- Business Description:KHB Construction Inc. is a full service general contractor specializing in Kitchen, Home, and Bath renovations. We serve all of Stanislaus, Merced, and San Joaquin counties.
- Business Description:Been in business 30 years and providing the highest service for all my clients. No subs. Xperience in all trades. Don't hesitate to call for a consultation.
- Business Description:Owner operated. Occasionally uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. Service charges may apply. Extra charge for after hours service may apply.
- Business Description:We provide quality work and stand behind it. We provide free estimates. We give discounts to senior citizens, military/ veterans, and religious organizations. We are available 24/7 for emergencies. Our company has 25 years of experience read less
- Business Description:See website for additional service areas.
- Business Description:Factory direct service. ShadeTree® Canopy Systems are a unique, patented shade system. The canopies can cover LARGE as well as small patios or decks. There are several styles and fabrics to chose from. A patented wind-release mechanisms helps reduce wind damage.The systems are custom-manufactured to each customer’s specifications, then shipped directly to the customer. The systems were designed to be a do-it-yourself-installed product, however, local installers can be referred if customer req.. read lessRecent Review:Very professional, great quality and easy to order with their directions.Norma P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Twain Harte
- Mi Wuk Village
- Angels Camp
- La Grange
- Mountain Ranch
- San Andreas
- Mokelumne Hill
- West Point
- Valley Springs
- Pine Grove
general contractors in Sonora
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Clark Pest Control11285 White Rock Rd
Rancho Cordova, California
- Clark Pest Control
- Foothill Fireplace, Stoves and Spas18677 Eagle Ridge Rd.
- Foothill Fireplace, Stoves and Spas
- KHB Construction inc.
- KHB Construction inc.
- Landmark Energy Upgrades12515 Sherman Way Suite A
North Hollywood, California
- Landmark Energy Upgrades
- Mad River WoodworksP.O.B. 1067, 189 Taylor Way
BLUE LAKE, California
- Mario Mejicanos Construction3313 Fairfield Ave
- michael david construction534 w hedges
- Mooney's Handyman Service154 Mesquite Ct
- Murphys Cabinet Company5113 Commercial Way
Hathaway Pines, California
- Mad River Woodworks
- R&H Construction37363 Rd 425c
- R&H Construction
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Sierra Home RepairsPO Box 1848
- Steven Vaccarezza ConstructionP.O. Box 1462
Twain Harte, California
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- SW ConstructionPO Box 8556
Mammoth Lakes, California
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- Watkins Construction1351 Sawmill Rd.
- Watkins Construction
- Zion Builders Inc2309 W Alpine Ave
- Zion Builders Inc