Find out how much it costs to plant a tree based on the number of trees, the size of the trees, where you want to plant them, and DIY versus professional costs.
Get matched with top tree removal services in Sonora, CA
There are 6 highly-rated local tree removal services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Tree Service Reviews in Sonora
- ATC TreeI called Alex and he came to look at the tree the same day! He came over at the end of the day and cut some LARGE branches off our old oak tree. VERY reasonable charge. Great Guy. Hire him.
- Cutting Edge Tree ServiceWe are very happy with our tree work! Erik is very helpful in deciding what trees are important to take due to the health of the tree and they did very clean work. All of the guys were super nice and easy to talk to. The company was very responsive and easy to deal with. Our money was well spent with these guys. Thank you for all new sunlight we now have in our yard
- Cutting Edge Tree ServiceWe have used Cutting Edge tree services several times. They are professional, punctual, organized, great clean up and the trees look better than ever. Great communication before and after the job. Can't wait to have them back again.
- Barry Mickleburgh Tree CoThey did a beautiful job on our oaks. This is a small locally owned business with a hard working crew and cares about the details. Would definitely hire again.
- Barry Mickleburgh Tree CoBarry and crew did a great job safely removing several trees from our stoped yard. They were professional, fast and left no mess behind.
- Barry Mickleburgh Tree CoBarry and his crew have done work for us on multiple occasions. They are always on time and perform the agreed upon work in a professional manner. We will use them again if the need arises.
- Barry Mickleburgh Tree CoBarry and his crew were great to work with. They have a such a skilled crew- professional, timely, and competitively priced! We will be hiring them again for future tree work.
- Superior Tree CareRick was an absolute pro. He removed 4 hazardous trees. It was amazing how those sections were roped down and across the bank without touching the fence. I should have videotaped it. I’ll tape the next one. Thanks Superior Tree Care!! He’s coming back for another
- Father's Touch, Inc. Tree ServiceExcellent, efficient tree trimming and removal. I had several large trees that needed to be cut away from the house and/or removed altogether. Great job!
- ATC TreeEverything went quickly and smoothly. The communication and scheduling was great! Alex is a very knowledgeable and friendly tree guy to work with. The work area was left very clean and everything was handled safely. Thanks for everything!
Last update on December 1, 2022
Tree Service Companies in Sonora
Explore our Solution Center for helpful tree service company articles
If you’ve hired a tree service to trim your trees or remove them, you’ll have to decide whether to tip the pros afterward. Learn more about your options.
Need to know how to kill a tree? If it’s disrupting your foundation or plumbing, learn how to kill the tree and its roots with these tips.
Find tree removal services in
- Twain Harte,
- Mi Wuk Village,
- Angels Camp,
- La Grange,
- Mountain Ranch,
- San Andreas,
- Mokelumne Hill,
- West Point,
- Valley Springs,
- Pine Grove,
tree removal services in Sonora
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Charleston Tree Service1819 Fieldbrook Rd
McKinleyville, California 95519
- Clark Pest Control11285 White Rock Rd
Rancho Cordova, California 95742
- Clark Pest Control811 Eubanks Dr
Vacaville, California 95688
- Clark Pest Control3214 Brickaway Blvd
Santa Rosa, California 95403
- Clark Pest Control1288 Garden Hwy
Yuba City, California 95991
- Charleston Tree Service
- Image Tree Service, Inc1083 Vine St #246
Healdsburg, California 95448
- Image Tree Service, Inc
- Little Beaver Stump Grinding14330 Quaker Hill Cross Rd
Nevada City, California 95959
- Little Beaver Stump Grinding
- Nick Rogers ConstPO Box 684
Tuolumne, California 95379
- Nick Rogers Const
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- Yard Master50948 Cedar Ridge Cir
OAKHURST, California 93644
- Yard Master
Tree service companies that service Sonora
Tree Service FAQ
How much does it cost to remove a tree?
Answer: Typically, tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000. Tree removal costs vary widely based on the number of trees being removed, the height of each tree, the diameter of each tree trunk, and accessibility to the tree. Smaller trees are usually less expensive to remove than larger ones, as are those that are more easily accessible.
Do you need a permit to cut down a tree?
Answer: In many areas, you don’t need a permit to cut down a tree on your own private, residential property. But some municipalities may require tree removal permits for conservation purposes or to comply with local ordinances. When you hire a tree removal pro, they’ll be able to tell you whether you need a permit for your specific tree removal project.
When is a good time to trim trees?
Answer: In most regions, the best time to trim your trees is during the winter months. During the active growing season (spring through fall), trimming your trees can leave them more vulnerable to disease and less likely to thrive. During the winter months, when trees are dormant, trimming them will cause less stress and leave them ready to grow again in the spring.
What is the average cost to cut a tree down?
Answer: Tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000 per tree. Establishing an average cost can be difficult because each tree will be assessed and priced based on factors like height, trunk diameter, and accessibility. In general, smaller trees cost less to remove than larger trees, as do trees that are more accessible.
How much does it cost to service a tree?
Answer: The cost to service a tree is typically between $430 and $1,320. The cost to service a tree depends on several factors, including what exactly you’d like done, the tree’s height, its health, the location of the tree, and local labor costs. The national average cost for tree services is $865. Tree trimming isn’t necessary for all trees but can improve their health and longevity by encouraging new growth.
What is the difference between tree trimming and pruning?
Answer: While tree trimming and tree pruning might appear similar to the untrained eye, they serve different purposes. Tree pruning is used to thin a tree by removing unnecessary or burdensome branches. Tree trimming promotes healthy growth by trimming but not removing branches.