Gryphon Roofing

Founded 1987 • With Angi since November 2004

2128 E Cedar St

Tempe, AZ 85281

Complete residential contracting services specializing in Roofing. From repairs to complete re-roofs we do it all! We will not sell you what you do not need! Our commitment to quality craftsmanship, superior materials, credentialed contractors, and enthusiastic customer service ensures that we are able to continually provide you with the best Phoenix residential roofing experience....

09/09/2020

Sam F.

A couple of minor communication issues, but their crew did a wonderful job. They estimated 3-4 days to complete....it was done early on 3rd day. there was an unexpected rainstorm...that night, after the rain, we had a knock on the door....the crew was out that night checking to ensure no issues. My neighbor is a flooring contractor. He observed how hard and effectively the crew on my house worked. HE hired Gryphon for his roof and specified he wanted the same guys to do his roof repaper! I definitely recommend getting Gryphon for your roofing needs o at least let them bid it for you.

Description of Work
Repapering under tile roof

Thanks so much for sharing your experience here. We have made a major push to customer satisfaction in the last couple of years including ensuring all our roofs are water tight before rain.

08/13/2020

Andrew M.

Even though only one worker showed up (they had planned on 2) the gentleman did an outstanding job with this repair. He actually did more than what we had planned for and paid for. I am totally satisfied with the repairs, his professionalism and the quality of the work he did. 'I would hire these guys again, no question. Andy M

Description of Work
Roofing repairs

Category awnings, roofing

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for letting people know about our work. We hone and practice our skills every day in the fields and we're more than happy to know the good feedback we get from reviews like yours. Thank you!

07/22/2020

Beth R.

Please please do not look any place else! You want Gryphon! We had a roofing company come out last week to give us a quote on a new roof on our patio and replacement of some broken tiles . We were quoted $2000 and was told it needed to be done immediately to be ready for the next AZ monsoon storm. We decided to get a second quote from a company we had used several years ago for some repairs, and they had done excellent work and given us an excellent price, this was Gryphon! Gryphon came out yesterday and we had told them the information and quote the other roofer had given us. Gryphon surveyed our roof and tiles, and at that point could have completely told us the same information and given us a slightly lower bid in order to get our business. Instead it was quite refreshingly the opposite . Brooks with Gryphon proceeded to tell us our patio was in perfect condition and didn’t need to be replaced at all, and actually would last another 25 years! He also told us our tiles were great and no repairs were needed, he apologized that the other company had told us differently as we were ready to spend 2000 to get the work done . He assured us our roof was great and to save our money that we had nothing to worry about . To say we were elated is an understatement, but not just because we were saving 2000, but because in the midst of a pandemic when businesses are struggling and people are scared and financially shaken, Gryphon’s sole focus was integrity and doing the right thing. It wasn’t about the money, it was about Brooks moral character and the character and integrity of the company he worked for and represented! I will tell you in the future if anything goes wrong with our roof, we will not call anyplace else but Gryphon, and we will refer them and recommend them to everyone we know! This is your roofing company, look no more! Nice to know good business and good work ethic still exists! Way to go Gryphon Roofing!

Description of Work
Roof repair and possible replacement

Category awnings, roofing

[Member Name Removed], thanks so much for sharing your experience, your phone calls, and this message. At the end of the day we want to take care of our customers. Please don't hesitate to call us in the future if there are any other roofing questions, we can send Brooks out anytime. Cheers!

12/09/2019

Bud H.

Gryphon Roofing could give classes on providing excellent customer service. The five people I dealt from estimator, customer service, accounts payable, installer, and installation mgr), were all knowledgeable, professional and friendly. They met all of the deadlines, accommodated me with an early installation due to rain forecast and provided very helpful explanation with the repair needed with detailed photos before, during installation and after installation. I can't say enough positive about this organization from top to bottom. The installer removed the tarp and weights which I put on the roof organized them on the ground for me and left the site completely clean and tidy. Thanks again for your quick response to my roof lead during a busy time during bad weather.

Description of Work
Completed roof repair for leak around skylight and other misc items (replace broken tiles, reseal vent and replace dry rot wood timber).

[Member Name Removed], thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the world. Our team as a whole has been trying to step it up more and more over the last year and we are happy to hear of our success. Give us a call and remember our name when someone you know has roofing issues. Cheers! -Devin

12/04/2018

Sharon C.

I used Gryphon on two jobs. The first was a mold remediation project where they were hired by the AC company that caused the problem. They did a fantastic job, and while there, Steve Kelley checked over a kitchen repair that was being mishandled by my insurance company. Steve’s help was so invaluable that I immediately contacted my insurance company to insist that Gryphon take over the project. I now have an absolutely gorgeous new kitchen! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Mold remediation and remodeling

Category home remodeling, mold removal

[Member Name Removed], thanks so much for hiring us. Steven has nothing but great things to say about you. Very happy we could help you out in your need.

09/22/2015

shirley Q.

he is very prompt and the house sold so thank you very much and i will tell all my friends to use them...

Description of Work
he fixed the patio roof

03/21/2015

Bruce B T.

We wanted the work done as quickly as possible and they were actually able to start one day early. They were prompt, efficient and got it done very quickly. Fortunately a large crew on the job helped. Only negative was some oil spots and cigarette butts on the driveway. I called them and they were out there to completely clean up the driveway within a couple of hours. Their price was good, they kept me informed on their progress and got it done promptly.

Description of Work
Remove old roof and put a new roof down

03/06/2015

THOMAS M.

I received 4 estimates on my leaking roof. Gryphon's pricing was not the least expensive but it was competitive with the other quotes. Gryphon roofing was the most professional and they took the time to explain things in detail. They showed up when they said they would and job was completed w/o any issues. Roof hasn't leaked since!

Description of Work
replaced 2 large sections of our leaking roof.

02/26/2015

Frank D.

The work went well. On one occasion they took the time to show me what caused the problem.

Description of Work
Repaired a leak in the roof. We've used them several times.

11/21/2014

lisa W.

After adding on to our home we needed tile added for the addition, due to leaks and the roof overall being 15 years old we had them reroof the entire home. The color of tiles are no longer in production so they had to carefully remove them and reinstall them. Gryphon also had to search for a close match to tile the addition area so it would match the rest of the home. The whole project went fast and they did a great job. The tiles are slightly different on the addition but you would never know. Great job!

Description of Work
Reroof 3400 square foot custom home with tile roof and roof a 600 square foot addition.

07/25/2014

Scott K.

Estimator showed up on time and completed inspection of roof. He was knowledgeable and helpful in answering our questions. However, the estimate came back much higher than 3 other estimates that we received from highly-rated companies, and also included less. We would have had to pay more for higher quality shingles that were already included in our other offers, as well as extra for ridge vents that were also included in other offers. We removed this offer from the table pretty quickly, as it would have been about $1,500 more than the other companies that we worked with - and we would have received less for our money.

Description of Work
Provided a free estimate for replacing our shingle roof.

06/03/2014

David S.

This is the second time we have used Gryphon. While others may charge less, their service is excellent, and their work is first rate.

Description of Work
Repaired and replaced loose roof tiles

05/19/2014

Col. John H.

Installed new tile roof, including bird stops, with undercoating, replacing wood trim as needed. A great deal was needed. Six new vents required. Photos to verify all procedures as work progressed. 100% satisfied. Home is a two story approx. 3000 square feet, 22 years old. First new roof. Colonel John Hanberg ret. ( police )

Description of Work
.New roof.

Category ceramic tile, roofing

02/16/2014

Gail S.

Had to file an insurance claim to bring in recovery company to remove moisture from walls, carpet, carpet pads, etc. Insurance filed claim with them to recover my deductible plus costs but they wouldn't pay. They stuck me with the whole mess.

Description of Work
Installed a new skylight which leaked after the 1st rain.

Category skylights

01/07/2014

Jennifer L.

A representative showed up late for the estimate, was on the phone the entire time talking to someone else, vaguely looked in the direction I was pointing at the roof, did not get on the roof to investigate. Seemed completely uninterested in the job or in giving me an estimate. Told me while he was still on his phone with someone else that he would call or email with an estimate, which as you can imagine, never happened. These people are not interested in doing small jobs or in good customer service or company image. Stay away from this company because their lack of interest only shows that they probably don't care if they do a good job or not, especially if they don't even care if they get the bid.

Description of Work
I called them to get an estimate for a small roof and drywall repair.

Category remodeling

11/01/2013

Ron S.

Had to call twice to get them to respond, but as a result of the second call, they sent a representative to the house the next day to assess the problem, decided they were not installed properly, and agreed to fix them with no charge even though the official warranty had expired. They showed up on the agreed to date, on time, and repaired the morter balls. i would definitely use them again, and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Repaired morter balls that were not porperly installed when the roof was installed 6 years ago. One of the morter balls had fallen, and another was in danger of falling.

07/22/2013

sandra S.

f!Excellent! I have used them before at my previous home and you will not find a more honest company. They tell you the truth and do not try to sell you something you do not need. This time, they told me my flat roof is fine and looked as though it was repaired a couple years ago and is still in good condition. At my other home, another roofer said I needed a new roof because a couple tiles were missing and they could no longer get them. Gryphon told me they could obtain the tiles and repair. Another time, they found 2 tiles missing but explained they would likely not cause any damage due to their location and overall condition of the roof. Very honest. estimators I am retired from the insurance industry and this company is reputable and trustworthy. I would not call anyone else for my roof.

Description of Work
Inspected flat roof and tile roof for possible deficiencies.

07/08/2013

Howard B.

I used to be a construction superintendent. Their bid came in $500 less than the other companies I contacted. They came out on time and did a fantastic job. They did extra work at no extra cost. They were really honest and did a great job.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof for me.

04/17/2013

William S.

They’ve done a good job. We had no complaints.

Description of Work
They made some repairs on the roof.

03/20/2013

Shannon S.

The job went very well over all. They started and finished when they predicted. I had them make a couple of repairs at my recommendation. The bid was more than other companies but I drove around town and looked at many roof repairs from many companies and I thought their quality was better and consistent. During price negotiations, I had them match the ten year guarantee of then next highest bidder which they did to get the job. One factor I considered was the time in business as many roofing companies don't last more than a few years before going out of business.

Description of Work
Tear off of old tile and underlayment. Repair of worn areas of the wood structure. Replacement of underlayment and installation of new tiles. Finished product looks very nice. House size is approximately 2500 square feet. Replacement of three sun roof lenses.

02/11/2013

SUSAN O.

I had waited until I couldn't avoid this problem any longer, because of the expense. Grypon, besides getting high marks on Angies List, was most responsive to my individual needs. The house roof and the patio cover were done as two separate jobs, but related. The quotes I was given were within my realm of possibility, and the caring customer service were what I needed. The jobs were explained to me and I was given my options. The patio roof cover was done with more quality than I even expected given my budget. I had two dedicated construction men for the job, and a supervisor who actually supervised, by coming over and checking on the job during and afterwards. The guys were obviously pros and also very pleasant to have around, and they cleaned up impeccably each of the three days it took them.

Description of Work
My house is over 50 years old and needed a new roof, for the second time. They removed the two layers of tile and replaced it all. Related to the house roof tile, the patio roof was rotting and leaking badly. They completely rebuilt that patio cover and roofed it. They tore down the previous patio roof, poured new concrete footings for the roof supports, completely rebuilt the roof and then Gryphons's roofing crew covered it with the material approprite for the roof angle. They allowed me to do the painting, to save some money, and advised me on how to do it.

11/28/2012

Lynn S.

We contracted with this company on December 2, 2010. The work was scheduled for January 27, 2011. On Jan. 27th, at 2:00 in the afternoon I called the company to inquire where they were. I was told the tear off crew would arrive soon and that the foam would be done on Friday. (I was originally told that the job would be completed in one day) On Saturday, they had still not come to complete the job and again I called the office but got a dispatcher who could not help me. The foam crew arrived on Sunday and prepped but could not spray the foam because it was too windy. On Monday, the crew arrived to foam. The weather on this day was again windy and also rainy. (the previous night it has rained quite hard and the roof was soaked) They foamed anyway, even though I voiced my concern about the weather conditions. Of course there was foam everywhere....including our swimming pool!! As they were getting ready to leave, I asked if they had done a particular area of the roof and they responded that they hadn't because they were not aware it was there! Needless to say, my husband and I were very concerned about the quality of the job. (even though we paid $495.00 extra to upgrade to a 10 year manufacturer's warranty) After many calls to the company, a representative finally called me back. He sent someone out to check on the job done. Of course, he said that all was done well. Obviously we are hesitant to agree, but our hope is that we do not have any trouble in the future because this company will be impossible to deal with...........even though we have an extended warranty.

Description of Work
Removal and replacement of all flat roof sections of our home. Replaced with white Elastomeric roof coating.

11/05/2012

ron A.

I would recommend them. They did a good job.

Description of Work
They replaced the under-roof. The roof was leaking, so they took off all the tiles and replaced the coating underneath and then put all of the tiles back on.

10/18/2012

Hal H.

I have hired this company on three occasions. Twice for roofing projects and once for general remodeling work. I had referred my neighbors to Gryphon. Recently, I called to have them do some additional roofing work and to quote a remodeling project. An appointment was made for a roofing person to come to my home and I was told that a remodeling manager would call me to make an appointment to quote my remodeling project. On the appointed day, the roofer did not arrive at the appointed time. I called the office and was told that he must be running late and that he would be there soon. I also mentioned that the remodel supervisor had not contacted me, yet. The roofing person never showed or called. The remodeling manager never called to make an appointment. I was a loyal customer who had recommended them to friends and neighbors. I will no longer wiil do business with this company and do not recommend them to anyone. Recent research shows that the Better Business Bureau has pulled their rating "pending a review". The Arizona Registrar of Contractors currently has a complaint under review. Something is amiss. BEWARE!!

Description of Work
Request for quotes.

Category remodeling, roofing

09/10/2012

MICHAEL P.

We were satisfied with their work. We looked into several other companies, and some of them tried to sell us a new roof. This company was low-pressure, and they were able to repair the leak without having to replace the entire roof. They took photos of the roof to show us what they wanted to do prior to the repairs, which we appreciated. We've had alot of rain since they repaired it and we haven't had any leaks.

Description of Work
They repaired our tile roof.

Artificial Grass Masters

Artificial Grass Masters Has plenty of artificial grass solutions. We have over 100 artificial grasses to choose from. We offer Artificial Grass, putting greens, pet turf, Our new artificial grass with stay cool technology, Performance blade grasses and so much more! Please contact us to find out more so we could help you find the best Artificial Grass Solutions.

Eco-Yard Landscaping LLC

Doing our part to conserve water. Maintenance free. Green All Year Artificial Grass, Gravel and Paver installation. We are licensed, bonded, and insured for peace of mind and HOA's. ROC336235. 1 year service/installation warranty.

Charles and Alex Painting

We are a family owned and operated 4th generation company, we take pride in our work. We offer free estimates and competitive pricing. We use only higher quality paints and prepping materials that I supply and when you get a price from us there's no hidden charges or fees. So call for a free quote I am sure we can make you happy with all your painting needs. We are set up to do complete repaints or partial we really don’t do small jobs such as one garage door.

Gryphon Roofing offers complete residential roofing services. From repairs to complete re-roofs. We will only sell you what you need! Our commitment to quality craftsmanship, superior materials, credentialed contractors, and enthusiastic customer service ensures that we are able to continually provide you with the best Phoenix residential roofing experience.