Will an annual tune-up extend the life of your air conditioner? Read on to learn the average cost of an AC tune-up, and whether it’s worth the price tag.
Get matched with top rated HVAC companies in Athens, AL
There are 34 highly-rated local hvac contractors.
Recent HVAC Companies Reviews in Athens
- Berryhill Services, LLCExcellent. John arrived slightly early, which is a nice change for that line of work. He went straight to the problem and within 2-3 minutes identified what was wrong (bad solenoid, contact, and fan in the compressor unit). He had to come back with the parts and within a couple hours of when he first showed up, the A/C was on again. I would definitely hire him again
- Valley Heating & CoolingI have been a customer for years, I use this company for service and repairs. They are always prompt, professional and flexible with appointment scheduling. This is the second unit they have installed in my current residence. I originally contacted Valley to have Freon added to one of my units; after diagnosing the issue the charges were discussed and I made the decision to replace the unit. Within 24 hours of the first visit they had removed and replaced the unit. CJ R. & Clay P. were the installation crew for this project. They were professional and contentious in their work. They completed the installation in a timely manner and were very respectful of our home. Upon completion of the install all waste including the old equipment was removed both from our home as well as all outdoor areas were work was performed. I would recommend this company for your HVAC needs
- Conditioned Air Solutions LLCThe office staff assured me we were in good hands. Our technician, Brian Henley, was here before noon. He quickly diagnosed the problem, quoted us a price for the repair and did exactly what he said. He also suggested a couple of preventive measures we could take to which we gladly accepted. Two thumbs up
- Comfort Specialist Heating and AirSimply outstanding service. Our main HVAC went out at the end of June. Cain and Wes worked with us to get a solution for our house. They even loaned us some window units until all the parts arrived. They were punctual, professional and has great communication. Really outstanding experience and would love to do business with them again
- Conditioned Air Solutions LLCJames Clements, service tech, analyzed present system and presented recommended improvements. Always a pleasant experience with Conditioned Air. Reassuring to know when my old unit goes out, where I am going to go to for a new unit.
- Alpha & Omega Heating & Air LLCJoey Ridgeway, the owner, is an incredibly talented AC man. It amazes myself and my husband to see him troubleshoot our units when he’s come out for one reason or another, he knows his craft for sure and is very thorough in his work. More importantly, he is as honest as the day is long and has the most reasonable prices around. This unfortunately was my 2nd unit in my home that had to be replaced. We recommend Joey to everyone who needs AC service & no one that has used him has been disappointed yet. He is awesome
- Conditioned Air Solutions LLCGreat! Brian and his crew recognized problems with the duct work for our heating/air conditioning, showed us pictures of the damage and provided a fair estimate for a complete repair. The work was completed promptly, and we noticed almost immediate improvement in the system. Prior to the work it was impossible for us to maintain consistent temp throughout the house. As a result we were having to use portable heaters to warm the rooms not getting proper circulation. Within hours after Brian and his crew finished temperatures throughout the house were a consistent 72*. Great service. Thank you
- Complete Care HVAC servicesI have been so impressed with Alex and Complete Care Hvac Services. After dealing with several HVAC companies they are by far the most trustworthy, experienced and their concern for customers is hands down the best in the area. I was told by several companies that my system needed replacement. I contacted Complete Care Hvac for a price quote. To my surprise my problem was miss-diagnosed. Alex and his team were able to get the needed parts and get my heat back on within a few hours. They provided a great service at an honest price and unlike some competitors were not out to sell me a new unneeded unit. They are so personable and responsive. I am so pleased to have established this relationship with them. I trust them completely with my heating and cooling needs
- Bama Air Systems Mechanical Contractors, IncZack and Steven did a GREAT job. Josh also called me and came over almost immediately. Great team to work with
- Conditioned Air Solutions LLCEnded up replacing our old HVAC with a Daikin from CAS. Dalton was the technician that responded to our initial call for service. Greg D. evaluated our HVAC and ductwork needs, and Will and Jason were the installation technicians. Fantastic service across the board. I fully recommend using these guys; we are so glad that we went with CAS. We were given detailed and straightforward info and options from start to finish, and the warranty and service options on these units are amazing. The product itself is fantastic and the overall experience was very simple and enjoyable. I was impressed by the professionalism and work performed by each of the employees named above and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone
Top Rated HVAC Companies in Athens
- Business Description:Searching for a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) company in the Huntsville, Madison and Hampton Cove area? For expert heating and air conditioning repairs, maintenance, and installations, Aire Serv of Huntsville is the trusted source for all your HVAC needs. Call for your seasonal tune-up, service to an existing system, or if you are in need of a new high efficiency system! Make Aire Serv “your comfort company” and our world class technicians will solve your heating and air c..Recent Review:Frank of Aire Serv was very professional, courteous, and punctual. His vehicle was super clean. He was intent on providing only the work we really needed. I definitely will have him return for future work.KATHY W.
- Business Description:We are a locally owned and operated Commercial and Residential HVAC company. Our up front pricing, service partner plan and our attention to detail, makes your experience even better. We take care of Heating, Air, Gas, Dryer Vent and other services for you. Give us a call and see the difference. HVAC AL #08093 REF AL #5246Recent Review:The office staff assured me we were in good hands. Our technician, Brian Henley, was here before noon. He quickly diagnosed the problem, quoted us a price for the repair and did exactly what he said. He also suggested a couple of preventive measures we could take to which we gladly accepted. Two thumbs upTed D.
- Business Description:FREE 2-person cruise (you just pay port frees and taxes) when you hire us for any unit installation! Call us today for details! (256) 333-5448 Our purpose is to serve local families at the highest level so they can enjoy safe and comfortable lives. We have a noble calling at Comfort Specialist Heating & Air: Enrich the lives of local families by ensuring they are safe and comfortable. To us, that is our highest purpose. We view it not as a job, but as the highest privilege to be entrusted wit..Recent Review:Simply outstanding service. Our main HVAC went out at the end of June. Cain and Wes worked with us to get a solution for our house. They even loaned us some window units until all the parts arrived. They were punctual, professional and has great communication. Really outstanding experience and would love to do business with them againRobert P.
- Business Description:Annette Hale's Indoor Comfort SystemsRecent Review:This was the second system we purchased. The first was a replacement heat pump for our upstairs system. This one was an air conditioner and gas pack heating for the main residence. We purchased this through their rebate offer via Costco. We really wanted this to be a no problems sale. We paid in cash (check) the day before it was installed. The basic unit seems to work correctly and reliably so far. The inside has been comfortable since it was installed. That’s the good side of the story. The unit upstairs was installed with a programmable thermostat - Which I did not particularly want. That programmable thermostat is awkward to use - And I am a degreed electronic engineer! I eventually replaced it with a simple non-programmable thermostat. When I got the quote on the recent main unit replacement, I insisted on keeping my simple to use Honeywell Electronic heating and cooling thermostat. We are retired and one of us is usually home so there is zero reason to use a programmable thermostat and frankly the Lennox programmable one is a misery to use. When the installers arrived I placed the installation manual for the existing Honeywell thermostat on the thermostat itself - Impossible to miss! The main unit was installed correctly and seems to work well. But the installer had difficulty hooking up the Honeywell thermostat due to wiring problems eventually found under the house in the thermostat wiring. It was a warm day on installation day and the heating settings were only briefly tested. Then the AC settings were tested and the installer was very quickly out the door. A week or so later it got cool and I switched to heating. In heat mode the circulation fan would not run unless the heat was actually heating despite the thermostat being set to fan “ON”. I am an electronic engineer and I suspected there was an error in the hookup of the thermostat. Turns out I was correct - The installer had set the internal thermostat switch to “heat pump” instead of AC with gas heating he had installed. Furthermore he had hooked up one thermostat wire to the wrong terminal. He has to go out of his way to make these mistakes instead of leaving the thermostat wiring and internal switch setting as it had been. I corrected these two errors and then the system ran correctly. Anyone can make a mistake, but it takes something “special” to be so sloppy in testing the installation not to notice it wasn’t acting correctly! Well I thought the only problem I had with Annette Hale Indoor Comfort Air was the sloppy installer. Just this morning the sales person called me to ask if we had paid for the unit from several weeks ago! The same sales person who picked up the check the day before - Which had cleared the bank some time ago. I may not be have been very polite with this person - It seems their accounting people are just as sloppy as their installer. Eventually I was called back and he apologized that they had been paid, they just somehow credited it wrong. I would never again use this installer. They screwed up part of the installation and then may have tried to collect twice for the same work! Sloppy, very sloppy! The Lennox equipment itself except for the miserable programmable Lennox thermostat works well and seems of good qualityCharles W.
- Business Description:We do plumbing, heating, and cooling. We show up on time and go the extra mile for our customers. We service and install a wide array of products with the upmost quality and assurance that you will be satisfiedRecent Review:Never even bothered to contact me. Business must be so good they can blow off new customers.Jennie S.
- Business Description:Valley Heating and Cooling is a Full Service Heating and Cooling Company serving North Alabama since 1974. We are headquartered in Decatur, AL and have dispatches available in Cullman, Moulton, Athens, and Madison. We provide service 24/7 and service most brands and models of Heating and Cooling, Equipment. Additional email - email@example.com. Award winning. Additional phones - (256) 773-4262, (256) 233-2966. Additional DBA - Jones-Nunn IncRecent Review:Gerald came and quoted in timely basis. Then he surprised me and could install much sooner than expected. Brandon B and Clay P showed up on time. They took time to review all work to be done before work started. When completed I told them well done. Thanks Valley for the professional people that you have. I started using Valley several years ago for my house and always very helpful and timelyRick W.
- Business Description:Covid-19- We’re still handling HVAC, plumbing, and electrical needs, while following the CDC guidelines. Servicing Middle Tennessee, North Alabama, and Southern Kentucky 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether you’re working from home, teaching the kids, or simply maintaining a healthy social distance, Lee Company is here for you – just as we have been for more than 75 years. Rest assured, we’re taking all the steps necessary to protect you and our employees. If it’s on the “to do” list fo..Recent Review:The electrician could not figure out how to program the remote controls to work independently of each other. I had to figure that out on my own after he left. He told me at the beginning of the job that he would take my old fans and fixtures to donate then declined to do so at the end of the job saying his van was too full. He told me he would get me a quote on another piece of work but then never did even after I followed up with 4 text messages. He left one fixture half-finished and my home a big mess the first day. Maybe it was this just this specific electrician, but I will never do business with Lee Company againRussell M.
- Business Description:When you sign up for Preventative Maintenance contract, you will receive a 10% discount.Recent Review:Mike Chenault came out on a Saturday to look at our heat unit and gas fireplace. He was very responsive and super friendly. It was a day before we were supposed to have a possible ice storm and the coldest weather this winter. He was able to get the fireplace going and took time to explain any issues, even though he had a very busy schedule. I would highly recommend him to anyone and will definitely call him and his team for any future issues. Thank you Mike!Leslie J.
- Business Description:Our HVAC contractor is your best bet for HVAC service and commercial refrigeration repair. We focus on fixing or installing your unit right the first time around. Schedule a consultation with A, R & C Specialists as soon as possible. We serve residents throughout Central and Northern AlabamaRecent Review:They escalated our repair appointment when they discovered we had no heat during a cold spell. We initially called them out for a quote on replacing the system, but they pointed out the system could be repaired for an economical price. Thanks for the assistanceCindy P.
- Business Description:Our company is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customer's interests and make their concerns the basis of our business. Please give us a call today! 256-560-574Recent Review:It was wonderful. They were very attentive to detail and pleasant person to be around.Jay L.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful HVAC contractor articles
Cleaning your window AC unit keeps it running smoothly and can help you save on cooling bills. Just follow these eight simple steps to learn how to clean your window AC unit.
Ready to ditch the annoying wall switch that controls your ceiling fan? Follow this simple guide to adding a remote receiver to a preexisting ceiling fan.
Find HVAC contractors in
HVAC Contractors in Athens, AL
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1st Class Comfort Heating and Air1121 Sundown Dr
- 1st Class Comfort Heating and Air
- A & A Appliance and HVAC, LLC. 3220 Charity Ln
Hazel Green, Alabama
- A-1 Heating & Cooling121 Ivy Ln
- A-Plus Comfort LLC214 Bel Air Rd SE
- A-Z Roofing & Contracting LLC2350 Joe Quick Rd
New Market, Alabama
- A1 Heating and Air Conditioning Company, LLC101 Cambridge Trl
- Advanced Heating & Cooling2099 New Center Road Lot C
- Air Care Systems2730 Baugh Rd
- Air Care Systems1316 Putman Dr NW
- Air Essentials Inc105 Jetplex Cir
- Air Mechanics Of Athens26711 Wooley Springs Rd
- Air Pro Heating and Cooling LLC336 Travis Dr
Hazel Green, Alabama
- Aire Serv of Huntsville7917A Charlotte Dr SW
- Alabama Air Heating & Air Conditioning9535 Hemlock Drive
- Alabama Air SolutionsPO Box 70
- Alabama Central Vac, LLC1175 Pleasant Hill Rd
- Alabama Climate Control Inc104 Wholsale Ave NE
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- ALL WEATHER HEATING & COOLING104 DOMINION CIR
- ALLEN BROWN HEATING & COOLING14380 CARTER RD
- Alpha & Omega Heating & Air LLCP O BOX 3027
- Always Comfortable Heating & Cooling343 Brier Fork Rd
Hazel Green, Alabama
- America's 1st Choice Home Warranty2625 Sandy Plains Rd Ste 203
- Annette Hale's Indoor Comfort Systems1201 Church St NW
- Anytime Heating and cooling, LLCP.O. Box 4447
- Apex Heating & Air, LLCP.O. Box 216
Hazel Green, Alabama
- Appliance ZonePO Box 55
- AppliancePartsPros.com240 Edwards Street Southeast
- Artic Refrigeration Service18717 AL Hwy 251
- A & A Appliance and HVAC, LLC.
- B & D Services LLC.21206 Cairo Hollow Rd
- Bennett Heating and Cooling
- Better Built Homes of Alabama Inc.5116 Colemont Lane
- BEYER HVAC531 MULBERRY RD
Hazel Green, Alabama
- Birdhouse Construction88 Bellview Rd.
- Birdwell Heating & Cooling Inc870 County Rd 77
- BOBBY TERRY CO110 ROBYN ST
- Brickley Plumbing and Electric Inc203 E Willow St
- Butler's Gas Pipe Inc9807 Pulaski Pike
- Byers Well Drilling Inc1442 Blue Ridge Hwy
- B & D Services LLC.
- Carlton's Cooling and Heating7084 Moores Mill Rd
- CASTLE AIR3225 Bob Wallace Ave SW
- central heating and air LLC142 Harlow Dr
New Market, Alabama
- CHAD SIMMONS HEATING & COOLING25697 DRAWBAUGH RD
- Chandler Wise Services407 Aquarius Dr SW
- Christian and Son LLC Heating And Cooling9868 Hwy 91
- Clemons Heating & Air LLc1851 Low Gap Rd
New Hope, Alabama
- Climate Control Service Experts7291 Cottage Hill Rd
- Cobalt Roofing & Construction9582 Madison Blvd. Ste 15
- COLLIER PLUMBING HEATING & AIR301 SCHILLING ST
- Comfort Control Inc1071 Highway 231
Laceys Spring, Alabama
- Comfort Specialist Heating and Air32181 Ardmore Ridge Road
- Comfort Zone Heating & Cooling166 Mercury Ln
- Complete Appliance Protection Inc1532 NE 96th St Ste A
- Complete Care HVAC services195 Roberts Road
- Conditioned Air Solutions LLC200 Dan Tibbs Rd NW
- Corbin's Your Indoor Air Quality Specialist21800 US Hwy 431 N
- CrossTek Roofing3077 Leeman Ferry Rd SW Suite I
- Carlton's Cooling and Heating
- D & N RV Service3619 AL HIGHWAY 69
- D&L Refrigeration LLC1691 Ready Section Rd
- Daniel HVAC2105 Giles Dr
- David Boston Heating & Cooling9081 Mary Davis Hollow Rd
- David Martin Heating & Cooling Inc23623 E Clearmont Dr
- Dean Plumbing Co., Inc.3100 B Leeman Ferry Rd,
- DUCTBUSTERS8676 EDGEHILL DR
- Ductz of Birmingham100 Ashland Dr
- Durham Service Company, Inc.6941 Highway 431 S
Owens Crossroads, Alabama
- D & N RV Service
- Fixed Right Automotive25 Freedom Dr
- Four Seasons HVAC605 Stella Dr
- Freedom Heating & Cooling2881 Shannon Oxmoor Road
- Fuller Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical509 Woodward Ave
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
- Fixed Right Automotive
- H C Blake Co406 Holmes Ave NW
- H R MOORE CO INC HTG & A/C1540 4TH AVE SE
- Higdon Service Inc912 4 th Ave SE
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Hiller Plumbing Heating Cooling & Electrical1209 Posey St NW
- Hilo Services3204 Governors Dr. SW
- Hoover & Associates Construction Inc1475 Jeff Rd. NW
- HOWARD MECHANICAL SVC1381 GREENVILLE PIKE
Hazel Green, Alabama
- Hutchens Company Inc2508 N Washington St
- H C Blake Co
- J & J Heating & Cooling3247 Salem Rd
Minor Hill, Tennessee
- J & R Sheet Metal Inc1589 Wilkinson St
- Jackson Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling4504 Us Hwy 31 S
- James Layton Company163 Whitt Haven Dr.
- Jamie Nelms Heating and Cooling23349 Pepper Farm Lane
- Jerry King Co LLC1613 L Gray Blvd
- Joes Heating and Cooling379 murphy Road
Lacey Springs, Alabama
- J & J Heating & Cooling
- Krell Distributing Co Inc211 Herald Place
Syracuse, New York
- Krell Distributing Co Inc
- L.A. Septics540 Hughes Rd
- Lee Company4057 Rural Plains Cir
- Lee Company26670 Success Drive SW,Suite H
- Lincoln Air , LLC71 S Mountain Dr
- Lovelace Services1024 5th. Ave., SE
- Lowe's10050 Memorial Pkwy SW
- L.A. Septics