Finding the correct subbase is important for any concrete project, and many people choose to use sand. While sand may seem like a good subbase, there are a lot of factors that you should consider before going with this option.
Get matched with top concrete contractors in Big Lake, AK
There are 3 highly-rated local concrete contractors.
Recent Concrete Repair Reviews in Big Lake
- Rock LandscapingIt went especially well--much better than I expected! The photo is an old one, but it shows the size of the flower box that was repaired.
- Rock LandscapingEverything went very well. Russ and Matt worked with us to make sure that the patio was done well, and suggested several improvements to our original idea. The end result came out great. Would definitely work with them again.
- Jensen ConstructionDave and son Dave exceeded my wildest expectations. Based on highly positive reviews on Angie's List I contacted Dave for a bid - which was done very promptly and with excellent communication. Honestly, I knew this was going to be a really hard job, and even with a great provider I had minimal expectations. Dave hit this one out of the park. He got that floor as flat a billard table and as smooth as a baby's bottom. He then proceeded to do a perfect, seamless, one-piece vinyl shot that frankly I did not realize could be done. Better still was his eye for detail, and spotting other little problem areas. He recommended some very easy fixes that offered great benefit - but not in a way I felt pressured to act (and in fact I felt very "taken care of"). Also greatly welcomed was the professionalism shown in work habits, promptness, cleanliness, etc. Saying I'm stoked is a gross understatement. I knew ahead of time that you have to be a bit patient with getting on Dave's schedule (but he is very honest about the timelines) - but man is it ever worth the wait! I have already made sure I'm in the queue for some outside work this summer
- Alaskan Concrete specialtiesWe worked with Matt at Alaskan Concrete Specialties on our patio. Matt was able to suggest some good improvements to our project, and the end result came out great.
- FOUR SEASONS CONSTRUCTIONWow. My property looks valuable now. They do beautiful rock work. Neighbors and passers-by were taking pictures of it. The crew was on time every day, worked very hard for a full eight hours or more a day, the owner (Mr. Aliki Inoke) oversaw the job site each morning and afternoon. They did more than I asked for and have an artful eye, leaving some trees and removing others so that the end effect looked as if it had always been there
- Ace ProjexWe were searching for a responsive and reasonably priced contractor to perform various concrete and asphalt repairs/modifications. We contacted Brian with Ace Projex and he was able to stop by and give us an estimate within 48 hours. Upon receiving the bid, we immediately accepted it and within 24 hours had the services scheduled. No delays or rescheduling, the work was done right the first time just as described. Ace is now our first choice for all concrete and asphalt work, a very affordable, professional, and outstanding contractor to work with
- Advanced ConcreteI contacted Jordan at Advanced Concrete and he came out to give me an estimate in August 2012. Things didn't work out for me to proceed that fall, so I contacted him in June and we set up a time in mid-July. A day or two beforehand, he came out to the house and we discussed my plan and made a few modifications to finalize the project. I was very pleased with his suggestions and we were able to come up with the best possible plan for "my" project. There was nothing "cookie-cutter" about my project. Since my original plan to do the excavating ourselves didn't pan-out, Jordan didn't hesitate to fill-in and do the excavating and I was very pleased with the job he operating the bobcat that was needed for the task. On pour day, his wife came and helped with the finishing touches. Throughout the project he asked for my input, so that I was a satisfied customer in the end. I plan to use Jordan/Advanced Concrete again this summer for another concrete project. I was very pleased with the project, Jordan's professionalism and his ability to meet my specific needs
- FLOWLINE CONSTRUCTION LLCIt went very well. This was our first time using this company and everything went as planned. It's obvious that these guys really enjoy what they do and went out of their way to make us happy. We will definitely use them again.
- Ace ProjexThe guys had to do the pouring (by hand) and they were great. They mixed the concrete in a wheel barrel by hand and they prepped by covering the walls with visqueen so they would not be splattered. They kept runners on the carpet so the wheel barrel would not soil the carpet.The clean up was excellent too and the project went great. It took probably 4-5 hours of work for 2 guys. I would definitely use them again. Very professional. Good work
- GMG General, IncGMG bid, specifications for the thickness and quality of the concrete and timetable for installation for services was as good or better than other bidders. Their reputation and Angies list rating was very good. We gave them the contract. The old driveway was removed and the new driveway poured within the timeframe agreed upon. GMG's staff was very professional and the driveway looks great. I would recommend them to anyone needing a concrete driveway
Concrete Repair Contractors in Big Lake
- Business Description:At Ram Jack West, we treat customers with respect and care. If you notice cracks, damages, or other issues with your foundation, our team is ready to help. We have innovative systems that have been refined over our 40+ years of experienceRecent Review:After the permit was approved by Washington County, Kelsea sent me a start date. The Ram Jack crew showed up promptly on the start date and stayed working on site until the job was completed. The crew lead, Stacy clearly communicated exactly what they were going to do, and that's exactly what they did. When finished, everything was cleaned up completely, and that included hosing off every speck of clay on my patio paversThomas C.
- Business Description:With 35 years experience, Rock Landscaping provides landscaping services throughout the Anchorage Eagle River Wasilla Big lake area. We specialize in redeveloping the rugged Alaskan landscape into beautiful lawns with natural rock walls natural stone fire pits natural stone walkways for customers who want more outdoor living space, larger driveways or who need to divert water away from their foundationsRecent Review:Rock Landscaping was not interested in doing our project.Scott L.
- Business Description:Jensen Construction is a small family owned company, in business in Anchorage since 1984. My business is under many categories on Angie's list. Almost all phases of construction. We take pride in the quality of work we provide and I, Dave Jensen take a hands on approach to ensure satisfaction. business lic #50121 specialty contractor lic# 1573Recent Review:Dave did amazing work. We needed a full kitchen remodel on our downstairs unit that was basically falling apart. Kitchen now looks like something out of a magazine. He fixed a bunch of issues downstairs that were causing problems in our upstairs unit also. The backyard deck turned out great also. We found that whoever installed it previously, did so unsafely. He rebuilt it with trex decking, added rails, and made it bigger as well. Turned out beautiful and much safer now that we have a little running around. Well worth every penny we paid, which is much less than other quotes we had. That kitchen turned out so nice, that my wife wants to do our kitchen now too!!MARK V.
- Business Description:We first opened our doors in 1989 with a few employees. We are a general contractor in South Central Alaska, Alaska's Asphalt Paving Specialist. We offer Residental and commerical services. GMG General, Inc. is licensed, Bonded, and insuredRecent Review:GMG appeared to do a great job asphalting the driveway. Four years later contacted them regarding an issued. They do not have a length of warranty time on their proposal. The office gals informed me it's one year. It is not on their contract. What is on the contract basically says they are not responsible for any problems. My situation is the asphalt didn't hardened underneath the top surface. While putting down edging between the grass and the asphalt, four years later, the underneath asphalt started coming out like lava. It was a day that was sunny and warm. Contacted GMG to informed them. General Manager Keven Rogers came over to look at the problem. He took measurements of the driveway and stated he would send over a proposal. After the second call he then sent over a blank proposal. Guess he was telling me It's Not GMG's Problem. This is a situation where it was not visual. How do you know what is happening underneathElaine A.
- Business Description:Lewis Construction is a small company "Building Alaska one Home at a time". Commercial and Residential remodeling, maintenance and property management are our specialties. Lewis Construction also offers 24 hr emergency service for fire and water damage, emergency board up, etc... We are sensitive to our customers experience throughout the remodel and will try to make it a pleasureable experience wheather its a emergency or planned remodel
- Business Description:Construction.
- Business Description:Concrete and Landscaping Services.Recent Review:There were delays, primarily due to the distributor not having our color choice in stock, which delayed the project 2 weeks. The contractor didn't confirm that our color choice was in stock prior to removing our existing driveway, so we had to deal with that during the delay. Once the color came in, we then had to wait for a date to schedule the concrete truck to come out and pour. Once that was scheduled, the rest of the job proceeded without a hitch. The contractor made a revision to our original plan without first consulting me; I was a little upset about that, but we negotiated the price down to compensate for that. Overall, we're happy with the end product. There are minor flaws, but overall, we're happy with it. The contractor is not very communicative, so definitely pin him down on any questions or concerns you may have before you decide to go with himBart A.
- Business Description:General Contractor
Explore our Solution Center for helpful concrete repair contractor articles
If you have cracks in your concrete driveway, find out how to avoid scams and get the best contractor for your project. Learn the basics of driveway repair and the best practices in getting quotes so that your repairs can move forward seamlessly.
Installing paver tiles over existing concrete is a great way to upgrade the look and feel of surfaces on the outside of your home. However, you should consider a few things before taking this route, and this guide describes all of the ins and outs.
concrete contractors in Big Lake
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & H BuildersPO Box 877833
- Active Concrete3730 W 74th Ave.
- Advanced Concrete4130 W Overby St
- Alaskan Concrete specialtiespo box 141143
- Anchorage Property Solution9100 Elim St
- Aniak Masonry Services3700 W. 27th Ave.
- ART CHURCH INC.PO Box 520614
Big Lake, Alaska
- A & H Builders
- Done Rite2307 McRae rd
- Done Rite
- I Fix Alaska Houses2027 E 39th Ave
- I Fix Alaska Houses
- Lewis Construction11517 Old Glenn Hwy
Eagle River, Alaska
- Lewis Construction
- M2C1, INCP.O. Box 670045
Eagle River, Alaska
- Maguire Design and Build200 W 34th Avenue 397
- Malak constructionPo box 874567
- MB General Contractor6151 Barry Ave.
- MIELKE CONCRETE2328 E HOLOBINKO RD
- MJD Consturction6635 N.Saint Herman St.
- MJM Services2550 Knik Goose Bay Rd
- M2C1, INC
- Ram Jack West - Portland9800 SE Fuller Rd
Happy Valley, Oregon
- Reeves construction3705 Arctic Blvd. 1874
- Rock Engineering4333 Butte Cir
- Rock Landscaping5620 W Birch Harbor Dr
- Rufus Construction, General Contractor10012 Nantucket Circle
- Ram Jack West - Portland
- sustainable building solutionsP.O. Box 222586
- sustainable building solutions
- Thompson's ConcretePO Box 873926
- Thompson's Concrete