Learning how to make water safer for drinking at home is an essential skill. Use these tips for improving water quality and removing unwanted microbes and metals.
Get matched with top water softener companies in Portland, OR
There are 30 highly-rated local water softener companies.
Recent Water Softeners Reviews in Portland
- United Water ServicesWe had United Water Services put in a scale prevention system. I had NO idea what a difference it would make. No more water spots in the shower and on the dishes but the unexpected added bonus was my hair! I have naturally curly hair and it was always frizzy. I never thought this system would fix that but it has. Plus the United Water guys were very professional and right on time. Thank you!!
- United Water ServicesProfessional, experienced, timely and courteous. Plan to definitely hire United Water again for my other properties- they went above and beyond on the job and I appreciated the insight/advice they provided to improve our set up and save $ for the long term.
- Pinnacle Plumbing, Inc.Excellent, did the work needed, an never had a problem, would highly recommend them, fast and efficient, reasonable prices , first class workers
- D & F Plumbing CoReally well! He didn't try to upsell me nor dismiss my odd requests. When i told him my house was supposed to have a 3rd bathroom, he actually helped me search. Sadly we didn't find it and have concluded it probably doesn't exist. Either way, it was like having a friend come to visit rather than a random plumber. He had me up and running within 2 hours. Thank you, Mr. Hammers
- Repipe Specialists of OregonMy home is close to 50 years old and in very good shape.....except for the plumbing. Half of it was copper and clearly not installed by a "plumber". The other half was galvanized. The galvanized plumbing was so corroded that water pressure was almost non existent. I called Repipe Specialists of Oregon as I had heard that they used Uponor PEX piping which is the best in the business. Also, they do not use crimp fittings to secure the Uponor piping, but the Uponor collars which is vastly superior. In addition, they use the proper spreading tools to enlarge the ends which shrink back to original size. In addition to the interior piping, I had them replace the line from the meter to the house, as it also was about 50 years old and in unknown condition (being under a concrete drive). The estimate was approx what I expected. The gentleman who came to do the estimate answered all my questions - and some I had not thought to ask. On the agreed on date, the crew arrived - to the minute of scheduled time which was 8:00 AM. A walk around was done and the process for the day explained clearly. Proper Covid precautions were adhered to. The carpets and floors were covered well with drop cloths - and they got to work. Estimated completion time was to be 6:00 PM that day. They finished early. The rooms worked in, were as clean as when they started. Minimal dry-wall cutting. The wall patching crew later in the week were just as clean and professional in their work. You could not tell where wall cutting had taken place. I was extremely pleased with the work and product. I would highly recommend Repipe Specialists of Oregon. I look forward to showers with great water pressure! Estimated price was on the spot and was well worth the trouble of having to empty closets and beneath sinks. Now, I have NO WORRIES about potential pipe failure
- D & F Plumbing CoI would not hire these people. I called the week before and got a date with a 2 hour window. After taking off of work, unhooking my original filter system, and talking to the plumber via phone about many different times he was planning on showing up (first at 8:00, then at 2:00, then at 3:00) the worker did not show up. The office called me to give me another window of time the following day without even checking about what might work for me. I cannot take anymore work off to meet this plumber that may or may not show up. I definitely would not trust these people to follow through with what they say they will do
- Apollo Plumbing, Heating & Air ConditioningI had a big emergency and needed help! When taking a shower our tub would fill up and not drain and unbeknownst to me when climbing out of the tub/shower water was leaking out from underneath my toilet and flooding the bathroom. I pitchered out the water from the tub into the sink in the bathroom. I called 5 plumbers and only recieved 1 response. Plumber came by Fri. Jan. 29th Plumber informed me that I had a massive plug in the main line and that I would need to called a rooter/drain specialist. I called Apollo Drain service. The woman I spoke with at Apollo Drain was very nice and explained to me how the service works and how there was "after hours" which they would call their overtime. Which she didn't think anyone would be able to come out till after hours. Which means the price for the service went up. It really didn't matter to us we needed to get someone out to help us out. I had all the info that the plumber gave me to which I was able to relay to Apollo. She had told me that she would contact dispatch and that they would see if they could get someone to come out to work on the problem. She would call me back. Which she did promptly. I was told that someone would come out on Sat Jan. 30th. around 3-4pm. I received a phone call around 3:40pm that the technician was waiting for me at my home. I was less then 10min from my home. I arrived home and the technician was waiting for me. The technician worked on the toilet in the bathroom. He wasn't able to get the snake down past 15 ft. He says it was because his sewer scope was the larger size and he believed that another co worker who has the micro sewer scope would be able to get down into the drain easier and might be able to get through the drain to see what the clog is. He proceeded to put a new wax ring on our toilet and he was off. Before he left he told me he would email the office and let them know that he wasn't able to unclog the pipes and that we needed to see the man with the micro sewer scope. The other sewer technician would have to come on Monday because they don't work on Sundays. So, I waited for a phone call from Apollo today Mon Feb 1st 2016. As of noon I had not heard from Apollo drainage. I called them and spoke with the same woman I had spoken to the first time. She again was very polite. I explained to her that a tech came out and couldn't fix the problem and that he had told me that they would be contacting me to come out on Monday since he couldn't fix it and that we need the tech that has the mini sewer scope machine. She told me that she had not received any such email and that they were booked for the whole day and that they would have to some out during their "overtime" again. I was upset at that point and explained that I shouldn't be penalized for something that one of her techs was supposed to do. She needed to follow up and get someone out to my house and that I haven't had a working shower for 3 days now. She explained that she understood and that she would call her tech with the mini scope and see if she could maybe get him to come out today during the day. Success! She called me back and let me know that the tech would be arriving within 30 min of our phone call. The tech arrived 30-40 min after our phone call. This new tech was polite and did some work and cleared the clog. (It's a little more complicated than that with the plumbing in our 105 year old house but that's not a reflection on their service) All in all it was good service, except for me having to wrangle them up. Not too bad in price either. total it cost me $295 total. Even with their "overtime"
- Clearwater Pump ServiceThey came initially and tested our water and gave us an estimate to do all work in question. We felt they were infinitely more knowledgeable than the other people who gave us an estimate and were only interested in selling us a water softening system. So we hired Clearwater. On the morning they were to show up, they called to reschedule us since they had two customers with no water and they had to come first, which we totally understood. When we're the ones with no water, we know they'll bump us to the top of the line. Two workmen came promptly on the rescheduled day and were so patient and professional with us while we changed our minds about the water softening system. After some additional research, we decided not to do that part of the service and instead of forcing the issue or charging a restocking fee, they simply discussed the pros and cons with us and agreed to prepare the system for a softener, should we change our minds back and want to add it in the future. We were so impressed. As they were here working, we began to discuss with them the actual well, pump and wiring which we discovered were 35 yrs old; I'd say we're living on borrowed time here. So we talked about what we would need to do if it failed and asked for an estimate. They educated us on what a replacement would require and we asked for an estimate for that work. I received it the next day. This is another thing that really impressed us: instead of trying to sell us on doing the update now, Dave (the owner) said we could choose to wait until it failed, since it's working fine now. They will be able to replace the entire system in one day, and we'll be the ones getting instant service on that day. You can be sure I'll be calling Clearwater
- Clearwater Pump ServiceClearwater came out initially to test our water to see how the current water softener was functioning. Turns out the thing was completely busted. They recommended a new water softener along with a carbon filter to help with the taste and smell of the water. Scheduling of the install was very easy, the showed up on time, finished early and cleaned up their mess. Our water tastes delicious now and they did it for a great price. Looks like we've found out new go-to servicer for any well issues
- Clearwater Pump ServiceClearwater Pump Is very highly recomended for ANY water units. They take high pride in there hard work and the quality of work they provide. I will continue to recommend them.
Water Softener Installers in Portland
- Business Description:We are the clear choice for your water system solutions. We are prompt, clean cut, professional, and most importantly feel that communication is key to our success and our customers satisfaction. We offer free estimates, free water testing, and 24 hour emergency service. We have some of the industries best available warranties. We accept most major credit cards. Additional phone - (503) 657-8000. Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Description:At Brass Monkey Plumbing, our mission is to provide our customers with exceptional workmanship, excellent customer service, and extraordinary professionalism. Locally owned and operated, we are backed with over six years of experience. Brass Monkey Plumbing will seek to provide these services within an appropriate time frame as a result of our focused approach and guaranteed upfront prices! Call today for plumbing servicesRecent Review:This is a plumber you want to have in your home to do quality work. On site assessment was quick and fair. Options were quickly laid out and a solution made to solve the problem. Nathaniel takes a personal interest in what you need and is supportive of your decision about fixing the problemDave D.
- Business Description:D & F Plumbing has an entire staff of dedicated journeyman plumbers for all your plumbing needs. Serving homeowners and business owners in Portland, OR, Vancouver, WA and all surrounding cities since 1927. We're here for you 24/7! Licensed, bonded, insured and safety-oriented. On-site diagnosis and estimates. Top quality equipment and durable brand-name parts. Call today for local plumbing advice or to schedule your service! License #CCB#465 & WA #CCDAE DFPLU 339N8 and WBE#740Recent Review:Very good Johnny did a great job, had a minor pressure problem after was done but was just rust from old pipes that clogged up things. He fixed it right away.Marc H.
- Business Description:Henco Plumbing Services, LLC, proudly serves its customers with pride, integrity and attention to the details that matter most to you. This is one of the many things that set us apart from the rest. We are locally owned and operated. Offering financing on qualifying projects! Give us a call today! 360) 207-375
- Business Description:We are a Pacific Northwest Plumbing shop established in 1971 by the McAllister Family. We are still family owned and operated today. We are actively involved in the day-to-day running of the company. The McAllister Family truly values their employees; they treat everyone like extended family members. We hire local and teach employees the Plumbing & Construction Trade. WE ENSURE 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ON ALL REPAIRS AND REPLACEMENTS . LIFETIME WORKMANSHIP. WE TAKE ON VERY INVOLVED WATER RE..
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated company. We have three great employees who treat people with kindness and respect. Our policy is we collect on the job when it's complete, however for larger jobs over $1,500.00 or more we require a security deposit of 50% of the total job cost before beginning the job. Please look for our special deals on Angie's List!!Recent Review:Great! On time and on point at fair prices. Super professional! I will always call them first.Deborah M.
- Business Description:Signature Plumbing Services, LLC is a newly established business in the Portland metro area. The company strives for more than just the purpose of making a profit. More specifically, it is the intention of SPS to donate a percentage of its profits to local animal rescue foundations. Additionally, SPS will accommodate the service needs of the elderly with discounted pricing. The owner believes in top notch customer service, whereby the customer is able to ask questions and get answers, underst..Recent Review:Signature plumbing is BY FAR the best plumbing company out there and they now have a customer for life!. I contacted Dave last month about a master bath remodel and was blown away by the entire experience. Before hiring anyone I look for four specific things; are they on time, are they good communicators, and (as a woman) do I feel comfortable with them being in my house if I was home alone and do they talk to me like a competent human being. Right off the bat they checked all 4 boxes. In addition they were great at explaining what they were going to do, how they were going to do it, what they do and don't recommend, building codes (what needed to be done to be up to code), and explaining things multiple times if I didn't understand something. They worked hard, they worked efficiently, they kept me in the loop about everything that was going on and how much progress they made, they cleaned up after themselves each day and never left a mess which I very much appreciate. The remodel took about 2 days, everything went smoothly until the very end when we found out the existing piping material running all throughout our house was pretty much at the end of the road. Dave explained our options and I never felt pressured to redo this monstrous, unexpected, task at the current time. He very clearly told us the options we had and left the decision up to us. We decided to go with the whole house re-pipe and can now rest assure knowing we wont have any issues like that for the rest of the time we own this house. Dave worked with us on pricing and gave us a VERY competitive price. I wasn't even mad about the extra sizeable expense because Dave, Ric and Greg are such great guys and do such quality work. I was one of those people that used to cut corners and take the cheap way out but found over the years, in the end, just find a quality company and do the job right. Signature plumbing will do the job right every single time and they are a small family owned business who really care about their customers. Don't hesitate to give them a call, I promise you won't regret itElizabeth V.
- Business Description:Residential and business water treatment systems. Water softeners, UV lights. We will analyze your water for contaminants such as chlorine, low pH, iron, bacteria, and devise a system to suit your needs. Treat your water from the source, as it enters your home, so whether you are drinking it, cooking with it or bathing in it, your water is pureRecent Review:The process was quick and easy. I just provided a water sample. It was determined that I had high levels of chlorine in our drinking water. I was able to solve my water problems with only one filter. Why did I wait years to have this done? Now I can be confident that our water is safe. Highly recommendedTony R.
- Business Description:Award winning. Cost is determined by the job. Additional contact name - Brian Johnston, Anthony Johnston. Local family owned.
- Business Description:Terry Massey Plumbing was established 2002. We have three Journeymen plumbers with over 30+ years experience between them. We work with homeowners and contractors. We strive for excellence in all we do.Recent Review:Terry Massey plumbing replaced all of the eroding galvanized steel pipes in our home with new PVC piping this summer, which was a really big job. Terry and crew went out of their way to minimize the time we were without water. The price was fair, compared with other bids we received, and they didn't charge us a penny more than the estimate in spite of some challenges which came up as the work proceeded. Because of the pandemic I was holed up out of sight in a bedroom adjacent to the bathroom, which allowed me to overhear their conversations. While I had little understanding of the technical measures they discussed, what I heard clearly was a deep commitment to doing the job well and high standards of professionalism. We had a lot of work done on our house this year, almost all of it fraught with annoyances and failures to deliver what was promised. Terry Massey and team were the exception, doing a great job within the proposed budget and timelineRoberta R.
Deals in Portland for Water Softeners
Explore our Solution Center for helpful water softener installer articles
Safe drinking water is essential to a healthy household, but knowing which water treatment system to get can be an intimidating and confusing process. Check out these seven tips to help you get the right water treatment system for your home.
Is your home ready for a water softener? Before installing a system to treat hard water, you should pre-plumb your home. By making a minor effort to do so, you’ll protect your water-using appliances and prevent mineral deposit stains.
Find water softener companies in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
water softener companies in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1-800-Plumber + Air3901 SE Naef Rd
- 1-800-Plumber + Air
- A1 Plumbing, Inc1940 McGilchrist St SE
- Advanced Plumbing LLC50 SW Pine St
- All around plumbing & Construction llc47899 W 2nd St
- All Star Plumbing and Drains420 Dewey St
Oregon City, Oregon
- American Plumbing Services LP5623 SE Center St
- Apollo Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning 853 NE Harlow Pl
- A1 Plumbing, Inc
- Chem Free Pure Water Systems338 Mountain Dr N
- Clearwater Pump Service2133 Douglas St
Forest Grove, Oregon
- CRYSTAL & SIERRA SPRINGSPO BOX 660579
- Custom Plumbing & Construction26680 S Barlow Rd
- CYRUS CONSTRUCTION INCORPERATED443 NE NORTON LN
- Chem Free Pure Water Systems
- Elite Plumbing Incorporated6023 SE Nehalem St
- Elk Country Plumbing and Heating L.L.C.6125 SE Mitchell St.
- ENDEAVOR PLUMBING INCPO BOX 28037
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- EXCELLENCE PLUMBING, LLC7913 SW Nimbus Ave
- Elite Plumbing Incorporated
- KOLDKIST BOTTLED WATER909 N COLUMBIA BLVD C
- KOLDKIST BOTTLED WATER
- M5 Plumbing Services, Inc.14304 NE 52nd St
- Masterworks PlumbingPO Box 16821
- MCMULLEN WATER SYSTEMS145 N 19th Street
Saint Helens, Oregon
- Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Portland260 82nd Dr.
- Multipure Drinking Water Systems3450 SW 108th Avenue
- M5 Plumbing Services, Inc.
- PACIFIC MIST WATER CO21049 Feller St NE
- PEACE OF MIND PLUMBING INCP.O. Box 1624
Oregon City, Oregon
- Pinnacle Plumbing, Inc.PO Box 1053
- Pitner Don Jr Well Drilling17911 NE Peg Rd
- PNW Plumbers9502 NE 72nd Ave
- Ponderosa Pool & Spa10932 SW Capitol Hwy
- Precision Pump INC150 N Main St
- PACIFIC MIST WATER CO
- SANETEL PUMPS INC628 MOLALLA AVE
Oregon City, Oregon
- Sears Outlet Store - Portland4500 N E 122nd Ave
- Signature Plumbing Services18660 S Green View Dr
Oregon City, Oregon
- Simpson Plumbing, LLC24605 NE 14th St
- Sippel Well Drilling, Inc.6215 Lakeside Dr. NE
- Southerland Remodel & Plumbing Services LLC11700 NE 41st Ave
- Straight Line Design & Remodeling LLC4640 SW Beaverton Hilldale Hwy
- Summerson Plumbing15310 NE 81st Way
- SANETEL PUMPS INC
- United Plumbing245 Northwest Blaine Lane
- United Plumbing
- Water & Air Works The Water Store3110 NE Minnehaha St Ste B
- Water Cents2110 NW 379th St
La Center, Washington
- Water Filter Mama/Multipure Drinking Water Systems1950 Haverhill Way
West Linn, Oregon
- WEAVER PLUMBING LLCP.O. Box 241
- Wolfer's Heating & AC - Woodburn1365 N Front St
- Water & Air Works The Water Store