Betts Structural Engineering LLC

Founded 2013 • With Angi since November 2013

Construction company and consulting engineering firm for residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, and retail clients.

2022 Super Service Award

structural engineering (19)foundation repair (7)basement waterproofing (4)masonry (4)flooring (3)woodworking (2)home builder (1)

11/03/2022

Robert R.

It was great. Josh Betts returned my call first thing the next morning, and he was at the property quickly (and on a Sunday). Josh was right on time for the walk-through with our contractor. We had the repair plans the following afternoon. Josh is clearly very knowledgeable. I would recommend Betts Structural with absolutely no hesitation.

Description of Work
Needed an engineering plan to repair a collapsed floor.

Work Completed On 10/30/2022

10/27/2022

Matthew M.

Josh was great. Extremely knowledgeable and quick to diagnose issues while also explaining himself along the way. He was patient with my lack of understanding in certain areas. Felt like we made the right choice in trusting him early in our meeting. Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Structural Inspection

Work Completed On 10/27/2022

10/21/2022

Ali I.

Honest and good very hard working

Description of Work
good work

Work Completed On 10/21/2022

10/13/2022

Eric B.

Mr. Betts was extremely helpful and answered questions that addressed all our concerns about not only the deteriorated sill plates but the damp basement.

Description of Work
Inspect sill plates, advise re. structural concerns

Category basement waterproofing, structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/12/2022

09/25/2022

Jeff M.

The project went well and we were satisified.

Description of Work
We had deep cracks in our garage floor and drywall. The room connected to the garage had a window that moved out of position as well as drywall cracks. Our garage was built close to a deep ravine. Betts Structural Engineering, Josh Betts determined that the retaining wall holding the garage was not sufficient given the proximity to the ravine. The garage wall was moving towards the ravine and pulling the house. He designed the proper retaining wall that was needed.

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

Review for Betts Structural Engineering LLC - 304 Long St, Ashville, OH - 39886064

04/14/2021

Jason J.

Really well. Everything was done that was agreed on. Josh and his his crew showed up on time, stayed in touch when waiting for materials, and stayed in touch after the job was completed.

Description of Work
Removed a load bearing wall and replace with a supporting beam.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, structural engineer

Work Completed On 04/02/2021

Review for Betts Structural Engineering LLC - 304 Long St, Ashville, OH - 39292896

03/01/2021

Randall G.

Excellent! Came to the home did their inspection came up with a plan and all the prints needed to accomplish the goal. Very satisfied and they explained the reasons for what changes were needed definitely would refer them to anyone with structural engineering questions. Very serious people about their profession and extremely professional about their work.

Description of Work
New construction home inspection of the home's structural design.

Category flooring contractor, masonry, remodeling, basement waterproofing, home builders, woodworking, structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/01/2021

09/05/2020

Rema I.

This is the only company that got back to me when I needed a quote to fix structural issues on the porch of the house I wanted to buy. Excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Quote for structural issues with porch

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

08/27/2020

Mary Lee G.

What a great company! I was so impressed with Mr. Betts, his character and subject matter knowledge. Should the need arise I will use his company and certainly recommend his firm to others. Thank you, Mr. Betts.

Description of Work
Concrete

Work Completed On 08/30/2020

06/04/2020

everett W.

He showed up for the appointment on time. Did a good job during the walk through. The appointment could have been improved if he had made it clear that I had to take notes and record what he was telling me onsite instead of relying on an email from him with the information he told us during the visit. Communication of what to expect could have been better.

Description of Work
Structural analysis for removing a load bearing wall

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 04/14/2020

06/02/2020

Carol P.

Reviewed Deck Consruction & Fence Repair, &Ideas for Step Placement

Description of Work
Mr Betts was great. I suddenly wasn't sure about placing steps verses deck railing. I'm normally not an indecisive person, but I just couldn't decide. He was very kind in helping me decide what to do He reviewed the project & discussed what would be involved with placing the very costly & labor intensive steps, which I ultimately decided not to do. If I remodel my kitchen, I would use him as my general contractor as he does that as well.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

04/21/2020

c L.

Was able to fix the problem. Super helpful and Friendly. Would definitely will use them again!!

Description of Work
garage floor concrete repaired.

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

03/09/2020

Janet S.

the salesman was scheduled at 1130 am He called to say he would be late, Showed up at 130 I showed him where the opening to the crawl space was, be bent over slightly gave me a price without inspecting the beam at all. Gave me a price and said he would send a written cost. Never got one.

Description of Work
beam repair

Work Completed On 03/09/2020

Good Afternoon [Member Name Removed], I had apologized for being late and did call to see if you still wanted me to come out and provide a free analysis and bid. I'm not a salesman, I'm a professional engineer and the owner. I was able to determine the cause of your framing issues as discussed with you at your residence and I did provide a verbal bid for the repairs and also to insulate the crawl space. I thought you were going to contact us after the second contractor provided a bid (if you wanted to use our company), and we would send a formal bid. I apologize for the misunderstanding and for not meeting your expectations.

01/12/2020

Carrie S.

I have not yet hired but they are friendly and knowledgeable, highly recommend!

Description of Work
Foundation Repair

Work Completed On 01/11/2020

01/06/2020

Regina R.

They did an awesome job! They did great work in a week. You cant even tell where they had taken the floor out to work underneath, it was put back together perfectly. They fixed the joists and beams under the floor. They went the extra mile to make everything look great at the end. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Flooring finish, floor structure, foundation.

Category flooring contractor, woodworking, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

11/05/2019

Jaron C.

Very helpful, I highly recommend

Description of Work
Was able to identify problem just from pictures and gave me a comprehensive idea of what was going on.

10/22/2019

Ronald B.

Verry well he came right out and did the inspection and sent me the report the next day every thing was ok and im well pleased for quick work. Thanks Ron

Description of Work
structural report

Category structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/19/2019

10/21/2019

Val H.

Work was excellent as well as clean up. Great to work with and easy to schedule with.

Description of Work
Stone work on front of house.

Category masonry

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

09/20/2019

Gregg H.

Very well.

Description of Work
Basement Wall supports per another Engineering report

Work Completed On 09/10/2019

09/12/2019

Dave C.

Very well. Professional and cordial.

Description of Work
Structural assessment

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

08/27/2019

todd C.

Very prompt. Very courteous. Quick to respond to questions/requests. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Foundation inspection and repair

Category masonry, structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/13/2019

08/15/2019

SHELLEY and CHARLES J Q.

Josh Betts responded quickly to a voice mail inquiry, and accommodated our schedule by coming on a weekend. He identified and explained problems, their solutions, necessary "do-overs", and more. Also advised us on steps to take next. He was punctual, polite, frank, and patient when asked "Can you explain that again?"

Description of Work
Needed a partially completed garage inspected, with particular attention to structural integrity.

Category remodeling, structural engineer

Work Completed On 08/04/2019

07/25/2019

richard R.

Josh and crew were great to work with. Listened to what I wanted and delivered. Job well done.

Description of Work
Commercial patio created for a downtown historic building.

Category masonry, remodeling, basement waterproofing, structural engineer, foundation repair