Home Inspection Services of Lancaster LLC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since January 2012

1449 Rainbow Dr NE

Lancaster, OH 43130

Providing complete Home Inspection Service. Home Inspection Services of Lancaster, LLC is member of the American Association of Home Inspectors (ASHI) and follows or exceeds the standards set by the organization. Lead inspector, Merwyn Bowdish, has earned the ASHI CRI designation. Foundation,

08/19/2021

Clinton D.

We had a really good experience working with Merwyn at Home Inspection Services. He was quick to respond and did a very thorough inspection. He walked us through everything he found and answered a lot of questions for me. The written report was thorough, easy to follow, and included a lot of photos to document and illustrate the condition of the house. Thanks!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection

Thanks for the review. Much appreciated!

04/12/2021

David S.

Mr. Bowdish was great. I wanted to be there during the inspection and he and his associate walked me through their process and the details they were reviewing - - room by room. and the exterior. I was most pleased with their thoroughness and detail.

Description of Work
Home Inspection prior to sale

Category pest control, home inspection, mold removal

Thanks for the review! Much appreciated.

06/02/2020

Crystal H.

Absolutely excellent home inspection. Mr. B. is thorough, detailed, and professional. He walked us through our new home and shared every detail. He noticed things we did not. His service gave us great peace of mind and we are thrilled with his results.

Description of Work
Home inspection, termite inspection, and radon inspection

Category home inspection, radon testing

05/27/2020

Mark T.

Mr. Bowdish is one of the best home inspectors in the Columbus area. His inspection process is impressively thorough and he dedicates additional time to educate the prospective buyer, pointing out important home features that would otherwise go unnoticed. I would certainly recommend Home Inspection Services of Lancaster to anyone in need of these services.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

04/17/2020

Richard H.

We have used him several times and he is so thorough, efficient and timely. We would highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection

Thanks for the review! Much appreciated!

03/23/2020

pradeep T.

Merwyn helped me with my Home Inspection during my first home purchase a couple of months ago. He was thorough and detail oriented. He explained everything in detail. He was not in a rush. He was economical. He came on time, did the inspection systematically. I could save a couple of thousands by identifying issues that the seller fixed few of the identified issues and compensated me for others. Merwyn was friendly and gave a lot of tips on what I can look forward to in the house in the coming years. The Infrared inspection was nice addition for a small premium. It gave piece of mind that things underneath are healthy in the building. I would suggest to add Infrared on your inspection too. He encouraged me to ask as many questions as possible about the house. He answered them all. In fact, I was in touch with him over the email after the inspections for some additional questions. He was prompt in answering them too. His detailed report speaks for him. My realtor was impressed with his report as well. For the price I paid, I am highly satisfied and will use him again. Other Inspectors usually take 2 inspections a day, that limits the time one spends on the inspection. But, Merwyn takes only one inspection a day, so you get the who day to discuss. He is prompt with text messages as well. He doesn't directly test Radon but subcontracts. I can't recommend him enough.

Description of Work
Home Inspection General & Infrared, Termite Inspection, Radon Test

Category pest control, home inspection, radon testing

Thanks for the review! Much Appreciated!

07/20/2019

Nancy B.

Inspection went as discussed. Very professional and detailed inspection with follow up explanation and report. I would recommend this service and not hesitate to use again.

Description of Work
Buyer's Home inspection

03/06/2019

Alicia C.

This was my first home buying experience in Ohio. I was upfront with Merwyn and Gary and asked them to keep me in the loop and walk me through EVERYTHING. They were both fantastic. Merwyn would answer any question I had appropriately (meaning, he isn't a structural engineer so he would say he wouldn't feel comfortable answering questions out of his scope). He was patient and thorough. He would call my name to come see something and I knew it would be a great learning experience. I learned so much about my new home and I’m incredibly thankful. Oh and I got my report the same day!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection, radon testing

02/25/2019

Tom D.

Merwyn was very prompt, professional, thorough, knowledgeable and personable. He was reasonably priced and gave us a senior discount. We also paid extra for infrared gun and radon test which was well spent. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
New purchase home inspection.

07/05/2018

JACALYN C.

Merwyn showed up on time, before I arrived, and was very professional. I stayed at the home with him during the inspection and he would point out and explain everything to me that he noticed. He was able to talk to me about remedies and his concerns in ways that I was able to understand. I have never had a more thorough home inspection done. He spent over 5 hours inspecting our soon-to-be new home and didn’t miss one inch. I even forgot to tell him the home had a second detached finished building that needed to be inspected as well and he adjusted his price very reasonably so both buildings could get inspected with zero complaints from him. Merwyn had a very detailed report of everything he found to me the next day, with pictures, and it was very impressive. I would highly recommend Home Inspection Services of Lancaster to anyone looking to get their home inspected!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection

Thanks for the kind words. Was a pleasure to assist you in your purchase of the home!

06/09/2018

Matt W.

Merwyn Bowdish came out to do our inspection. He really took his time and did a very thorough job. He was very knowledgeable and straightforward. We paid for the extra thermo-gun service which revealed a water leak that may not have been observed otherwise. His report was very detailed and was provided the same day. I would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

12/06/2017

Pat T.

Went very well. Very professional and polite

Description of Work
Home Inspection Of Whole House Inside and Out

10/28/2017

Robert S.

Merwyn went through the house starting with the outside, the roof, and then the upstairs, main floor, and basement. The inspection was very thorough and we now have to decide what to do with his findings. We also used Merwyn a couple of months ago for different house and we had the same results, very thorough inspection that was also a good learning experience for me. W will use him again if this house contract falls apart.

Description of Work
Home inspection of a property we have in contract.

10/23/2017

Darrin F.

Outstanding. Merwyn arrived before our scheduled time, ready to go. His inspection was extremely thorough and well worth the cost. He identified a number of items that we might have missed had he not been there to show them to us. I would highly recommend him to anyone purchasing a home in Lancaster to ensure they know what they are buying.

Description of Work
Pre-purchase Home Inspection

06/01/2017

jeri C.

My inspector was Merwyn Bowdish. Very knowledgeable, answered all my questions. Very respectful and had a great sense of humor. If you ever need and house inspected request Home InspectionServices of Lancaster and request Merwyn Bowdish. He is awesome.

Description of Work
inspect a house i am purchasing.

Category home inspection, mold removal

05/13/2017

John D.

It went well. The inspector was prompt, courteous, and personable.

Description of Work
Needed a home inspection and ended up doing home inspection, septic inspection, radon test, & mold test.

Category home inspection, radon testing, septic tank, mold removal

01/17/2017

Linda L.

Home Inspection Services of Lancaster (Merywn and Dave) did a whole house inspection, both inside and outside,of a condo I was in the process of purchasing. Their thoroughness and attention to detail was outstanding. Merwyn made sure to point out to me all aspects and workings of the utilities and mechanicals of the condo. A detailed final report, including pertinent photos, was provided the next day. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Inspection of condominium prior to purchase.

10/17/2016

Christine H.

Inspectors were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I was surprised by how thorough they were and they had great advice. They gave me peace of mind during the stress of buying a home.

Description of Work
Needed a pre-buy inspection on a home.

10/14/2016

Nicole P.

Merwyn (the inspector) came highly recommended by our realtor and he did not disappoint. He showed up on time and stayed about 2 hours longer than expected (total of about 6 hours) because of the difficulty of this particular job. He took TONS of photos of every point of concern. I was there for part of the inspection but could not stay for the entire thing. Even as a woman walking through the house with an unfamiliar man, I was incredibly comfortable with him right off the bat and even more so after he walked me through the property and clearly explained different things we might want to keep an eye on. Merwyn did an excellent job explaining complicated issues to a novice. It is expensive to hire an inspector, but it was well worth the month (the regular inspection would have been $350 but it was nearly $700 because of all the special tests we requested). While it is a hefty expense, the report he sent me THE NEXT MORNING was amazingly thorough. It was 59 pages long and included all of his photos and a highlighted list at the end with a list of projects that were the most urgent. You cannot go wrong with Home Inspection Services of Lancaster.

Description of Work
We needed a house inspection before buying a lake home. Along with the general inspection, we also requested a mold air test, termite inspection, water quality test and sewer system evaluation.

Category pest control, home inspection, radon testing, septic tank, mold removal

10/07/2016

Juanita T.

Merwyn was punctual and took a number of hours to thoroughly inspect the interior and exterior of the condo. Afterward, he also inspected the roof at my current home. The very same day, he completed a detailed report with pictures and explanations of everything inspected. I could not have been more pleased with Merwyn's professionalism and helpfulness, and I would highly recommend him for any home inspection.

Description of Work
A multi-level condo that I'm considering buying was inspected by Merwyn Bowdish. He also inspected the roof at my current home.

08/11/2016

sylvia A.

I am sure you will not find a more competent house inspector and you will not be disappointed if you have Mr. Bowdish inspect your home. It was a pleasure to meet him--he is professional, courteous, friendly, and very mindful of the ethical responsibility to put the needs of his clients above the realtors' desire to complete a sale. If we ever have need for another inspection, he is the first person we will call.

Description of Work
Merwyn Bowdish is the proprietor and inspector for Home Inspection Services of Lancaster. We hired him to inspect a home we have under contract and we couldn't be happier. We have had careless inspectors in the past who missed things that ended up costing us thousands of dollars to remediate. We knew as soon as he arrived that he was not only prepared to do a thorough inspection, but to educate us along the way on important construction and maintenance issues. The house is rather large (4100+sf) and complicated (two HVACs, two water heaters, two electrical panels, and a whole house generator), so the inspection lasted most of the day. Mr. Bowdish inspected all of the mechanicals, home appliances, the attic, crawlspace, roof, flashing, gutters, drains, chimney, siding, insulation, ductwork, electrical outlets, switches and lighting, windows and doors including the garage door, and both HVACs. Nothing escaped his notice and after he was finished we felt confident that we had a good understanding of both the positive and negative features of the home. Despite the long hours he spent inspecting, he took time to answer all of our questions before he left and go back through the house to make sure all lights and appliances were turned off.

07/06/2016

Scott S.

My first experience with Merwyn was back in 2012 when we sold our first home and he was representing the buyers. He was so incredibly thorough and his use of clearly marked pictures and descriptions in his inspection report made the remedy process much easier. While he caused me some pain as the seller needing to remedy what he found that other inspectors had previously overlooked when we bought the home, that is what led me to wanting him as my inspector for homes I purchased going forward. I have since hired Merwyn 3 times to inspect homes I purchased and the same incredible attention to detail and easy to understand findings have remained consistent. Having to work through a report from another inspector recently to sell our current home reminded me just how awesome Merwyn's inspections and reports are, as it was painful to even understand the other inspector's report remedy items and location. And to add to it, he is genuinely caring and professional and easy to work with and discuss what he finds on both a detailed and practical high level view. HE IS AWESOME!!!

Description of Work
Home inspection

05/25/2016

Parry N.

From beginning to end, Merwyn Bowdish demonstrated complete professionalism in the performance of the home inspection. I came to find out that Merwyn is a former educator and, as such, approached the inspection exactly as a teacher would. Every part of the inspection was a teachable moment as he led me through the house from roof to basement basement and property line to property line. No detail was insignificant and no question went unanswered. I asked when the report would be complete, and the answer was, "If I work late tonight, you'll have it in the morning. If not, it will be tomorrow afternoon." Well, it arrived by email at 1:13 am! That type of commitment to getting a job done is rarely seen. I would recommend Home Inspections of Lancaster to anyone needing a home inspection.

Description of Work
HIS of Lancaster (Merwyn Bowdish) completed a detailed home inspection of a property we are interested in purchasing.

02/22/2016

John B.

The inspection was more detailed than I thought it would be. He checked every aspect of the house, crawled through every corner of the crawlspace and the inspection report included photos with red arrows where needed. I am going to recommend to everyone needing an inspection. They even have videos on their website if it's your first time explaining what to expect. I am extremly happy with the service.

Description of Work
Provided a very detailed home inspection.

03/19/2015

Angela R.

He was very detailed with his pictures and report. I asked a lot of questions he was able to explain everything and did not seem annoyed at all. He was very personable and relatable. I would hire him again and recommend him to anyone looking for a good home inspector.

Description of Work
We have been in our new build from Dominion for 9 months and our 1 year inspection is approaching. We wanted to have our own independent inspector come out to look at our house.

Quick2Dry

When you need experienced disaster relief. we are a family owned and operated company. we specialize in water damage restoration, fire and smoke damage, mold testing and mold removal, sewage clean up, and also dumpster rentals and junk removal.

PuroClean Home Savers

COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS SANITIZING AND DISINFECTING available 24/7. When damaging events like freezing pipes, mold, or fire strike your home or business, it can be devastating. Here at PuroClean Home Savers, we are prepared to meet you in your crisis, executing a quality job, and prioritizing your satisfaction. For those who live in the southeast region of central Ohio, including Columbus, Grove City, Galloway, West Jefferson, and London, we get the job DONE,” so don’t hesitate to contact us, anytime, day or night at (614) 689-0012.

Offers Coupon

Drains&ExcavationServices

With over 10 years of experience we can take care of all your excavation/outdoor plumbing needs! Call us today for a free quote!! We will guarantee customer satisfaction and worry free warranties.

OHI.2019005169
    Ohio
    Ohio: Real Estate
    09/19/2025
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express
    $50.00

Complete Home Inspection, Wood Destroying Insects Inspections, Radon, Gas Line, Well Water, & Septic

Repairs