The average cost to board up a window with plywood is $250, although it may cost as little as $50 for temporary storm protection
Matching on Angi
Reviews of Handymen Near You
Handymen Near You
We were unable to find pros for your Handyman project in Waldorf, MD
Deals from Handyman Companies Near You
Similar to Handymen
How to find the best handymen near me?
This page has free grades and reviews on handymen companies near you - contact the best and avoid the rest.
What can a handyman help complete? What are nearby handyman services?
There are many projects in your home a handyman can help complete, from fixing a broken door to carrying out home renovations. Common handyman tasks:
- Ceiling repairs such as fixing cracks and chipped paint.
- Carpentry such as making wooden chairs, tables, door frames, etc.
- Basic floor repairs: a handyman can repair flooring materials such as tiles, skirting and hardwood.
- Window repair: chipped or broken windows and frames in various parts of the home.
- Furniture repairs such as cabinets, shelves, couches, etc.
- Plumbing: a very common service of handymen, but some maybe more focused on carpentry.
- Cleaning, power washing, gutter cleaning, garage cleaning and worksite cleaning.
- Landscaping, tree trimming and lawn mowing.
- Deck building, deck repair and other outdoor carpentry projects.
- Painting, staining, drywall and other wall repairs.
- Seasonal work such as snow removal and roof ice removal.
How much do handymen near me cost?
Most handymen cost between $50 to $100 per hour. Seek three quotes to confirm your area's price point.
How much do handymen charge per hour?
Most homeowners spend an average of $83 per hour for handyman services. Seek three quote to confirm your area's price per hour.
The price paid for their services will largely depend on the scope of the project as well as the time it takes. Some jobs may take just a few hours to complete (such as fixing a leaking toilet). Other projects such as floor-repairs may take longer and thus cost more. Many longer term projects (such as a garage or basement renovation) are charged by total cost as opposed to by the hour. It is always a good idea to request a written estimate prior to beginning the job. Save on handyman costs by preparing the work area. Also ensure everything the handyman needs is accessible.
Can handymen do plumbing?
Yes - be sure to ask if they're licensed for plumbing work. While plumbing is a common handyman service, remember some handymen do not do plumbing.