Staying warm in the winter shouldn’t come with risks. Regular maintenance and some cautiousness will go a long way toward keeping your home safe. Follow a few safety tips to ensure your furnace doesn’t become a safety hazard for your family.
Get matched with top HVAC contractors in Federal Way, WA
There are 156 highly-rated local hvac contractors.
Recent HVAC Companies Reviews in Federal Way
- Seatown Electric Plumbing Heating & AirWe had a routine check up on our furnace in May 2021 by company X. About 2 weeks after the job was done (which showed everything was fine per the technician) we started to smell whiffs of gas which dissipated quickly. After another week the smell increased and I called company X to see if a technician could come out to double check that everything was connected. The rude female on the phone said their workers never made that kind of mistake and it would cost $139 for them to come to our house. She told me the gas company would come out for free so I hung up and called them. Their meters showed there was a gas leak and they turned off our gas. I called company X and told them and this time a male answered the phone. He said I needed to call the gas company and have them turn the gas on so their techs could find the leak. Then, (I am not joking), he told me after the gas was turned on I could put a little dish soap in a spray bottle and spray the pipes to find the leak and then the technician would know where it was and fix it quickly. I called the gas company back and they sent someone out in person to tell me that is NOT how it is done. The nice man said it is primarily a safety issue and if there is a gas leak we are in potential danger. When I repeated what company X said he narrowed his eyes and suggested we hire another company. We looked online and Seatown had good reviews so we called them. When the woman that answered the phone knew we had a gas leak the first thing she asked was if it was turned off and are we okay? Then she put me on hold and checked to see when someone could be there. It was late in the day so they were scheduled the following day. Dillon and Shawn arrived and spent quite a bit of time and found 3 leaks. Dillon also showed my husband the motor on our old furnace and said it was getting to the end of its life. Company X said it would probably go another couple years (it was 21 years old). Our new furnace is installed (thank you Johnny and Andrew) and we are pleased to be Seatown customers. The entire team was so professional and treated us like they cared. They say “service out of this world” and they are not joking. The difference between Seatown and other companies is amazing. I felt like we were taken care of and everything was done to code and guarantied. We highly recommend
- Seatown Electric Plumbing Heating & AirSeatown's crew of professionals came out and got the job done in one day. All technicians were polite and professional while also being able to answer questions as we went. I would highly recommend using Seatown for HVAC services.
- Seatown Electric Plumbing Heating & Aircouldn't have gone better, dillon showed to give me an estimate on running my propane line to my kitchen for a new gas cooktop iam going to put in and then said he could do now, so cool great guy super skilled trades man 5 stars dillon is the man. also gave me an estimate on repair the installation on the ducks under the house to repair the insulation falling off. i scheduled that to be done too
- Seatown Electric Plumbing Heating & AirMichael Perez did an excellent job of performing a thorough maintenance service on our furnace. He explained very clearly about his check pouts and results, and he was very delightful to work with !
- Seatown Electric Plumbing Heating & AirMichael Perez came and did an excellent job of serving our old electric furnace, with kind and thorough explanation of work being performed, and checking and ensuring proper function of the furnace. He was fantastic!
- Seatown Electric Plumbing Heating & AirMichael Perez came to do a routine furnace inspection and tune up and he was hands down the best HVAC tech I have ever had. He was professional, showed me his work, gave me great advice and was super friendly. They will be my goto service from now on.
- Green City Heating and Air ConditioningWe would definitely use Green City in the future. We had a very positive experience with all of the staff at Green City. Jeff, the owner, came to our place about a year ago to give us a bid for a mini-split system install and we sat on it until a month ago as it is a big investment. He was very no-pressure and patient in answering all of our questions in easy to understand terms. Of course the price went up for our install but it had been a year and the increase was logical. Alex and Anthony the installers were on time each of the two days for our job and very polite and good communicators. Alex was great about correcting one issue with the type of head unit that we wanted in our main living room (we went with a silver/gray finish instead of the normal white). Alex made sure to check in with us at the beginning to identify the locations of the five indoor units and he didn't even blink an eye when he found out he needed to run some of the lines through our cramped attic to ensure the line sets didn't run around the front of the house. He also made sure to check-in regularly on how the install was going and to go over the appropriate running of the electrical line that met our needs as well as theirs. The indoor units are super quite and cool down our rooms quickly, just what we wanted. We can't wait to try out the heating function this fall/winter. Alex and Anthony even notched out one of the line set cover runs to sit nicely up against our air vents
- Green City Heating and Air ConditioningMy experience with Green City Heating and Air has been great from start to finish. First, Jeff, the owner, gave me various options for my heating and cooling needs and quickly followed up with a detailed written bid at a competitive price. He was also able to include some rerouting of ductwork and moving the position of my furnace for a more reasonable cost than the quotes I'd been given by the big HVAC companies. The HVAC techs -- Ron, Anthony, and Tyler -- were all professional, respectful of my home, really hard-working, and just nice guys to be around, and Debbie in the office has been so helpful and such a pleasure to deal with. Thank you, guys -- you're all awesome! But what impressed me most about Green City is how they reacted when we ran into a couple of unexpected problems: they were responsive, very fair, and worked on finding a solution I'd be happy with. This company seems to genuinely care about providing great customer service, and that's a rarity these days. I wouldn't hesitate to hire them again in the future and I'll be recommending them to all my friends and family
- Green City Heating and Air ConditioningThey arrived on time and installed the unit and new thermostat. The technicians seemed pretty knowledgeable and helped give suggestions about some vents that weren't blowing enough air.
- Washington Energy ServicesWe had Washington Energy Service install a new furnace, air conditioner and hot water heater when we purchased our home in 2016. We were impressed with the presentation made by their representative prior to our purchase compared to other representatives with whom we spoke. Because we wanted to be insured, we purchased an extended warranty. We're really glad we did! We have had the system serviced annually, but this year an extensive leak developed that damaged the interior of our home and caused black mold. We initially notified our insurance company but then decided we should notify Washington Energy Service as well. The decontamination had begun, but the damage was evident. The Washington Energy Service representative was so very helpful and understanding. He immediately determined what needed to be done to correct the problem and within two days had a team to our home to complete the repair. We appreciate the professionalism, courtesy, honesty and rapid response with which Washington Energy Service treated us and would strongly recommend them to anyone looking for a good local company. Linell and Bruce Arbuckle Federal Way, W
Heating Cooling Contractors in Federal Way
- Business Description:Right Temp Heating & Cooling is family owned business with over 10 years of experience in the heating and air conditioning business, we specialize in full installation of the heating and cooling systems like furnaces, air conditioning units heat pumps, ductless systems as well as service and repair. We are license and bonded and our prices are one of the lowest in town. Please give us a call for your furnace inspection or repair. 206 637 800
- Business Description:Hunt's Services is a certified and licensed plumbing, HVAC, and electrical company serving Pierce and King County. We're highly recommended by customers and are among the top rated in the industry! Over the years, Hunt's Services has established a reputation for quality work and dependability. We understand that quality installation and service counts when you are experiencing a plumbing or heating emergency. We aim to deliver a customer experience that puts, you, as the customer first. We wa..Recent Review:We had an overall ok experience with Hunt's Services. Scheduling felt impersonal. After I tried to contact them through Angi, a system-sent text message directed me to their website to start the communication process all over again. Eventually someone did call to set up an appointment. Their system does not, however, appear capable of offering an appointment time or even a time window. They only offered a scheduled day and then 30 minutes notice when a technician was on their way. Fortunately, I am able to work from home and be flexible about breaks, so this worked ok for me. But for someone who needs to actually go to work or run errands, they may not be your best option. Pricing seemed a bit high. The cost to replace our leaky faucet was at the high end (or possibly higher) of what the internet seemed to indicate was normal for that service. Also, I didn't really need the faucet installed, since I'm reasonably handy at these things. I only needed the old one removed since it was apparently damaged and stuck in place (they eventually needed a Sawzall to remove it). But that service wasn't on their pre-defined menu of procedures, so full replacement was the only option they were able to quote. We needed the leak fixed, so we chose to have them complete the entire job rather than seeing if we could find someone else to do the work. Workmanship was decent. The replacement faucet was installed without leaks. The drain stopper was installed backwards, however, which meant that it couldn't be removed for cleaning or maintenance. I needed to partially disassemble the drain in order to correct this. It wasn't a big deal, but didn't feel like it should be necessary. All that being said, the leak that existed when they showed up was no longer there by the time they left. The technicians themselves were courteous and efficient. So they did fulfil our primary need in hiring a plumber. But we'll probably look at other options, or at least get more quotes for comparison, the next time we need something like this taken care ofPaul B.
- Business Description:AMAZING Prices & FREE Estimates. We Specialize in the Installation & Replacement of Air Conditioners, Heat Pumps, Furnaces, Ductless Mini-Splits, Water Heaters, and Tankless Units. Get A No Nonsense Estimate via Text, Phone, In-Person, or on our Website Today! GreenTop Heating is a local, tradesman owned heating and cooling company that's been serving the residential and commercial HVAC needs of the greater Seattle area since 2003. We believe strongly in giving back to our communities and off..Recent Review:They were amazing. They came and did a really good job. They had a reasonable price and they were honest.Daniel S.
- Business Description:The Team at Black Lion Heating and Air Conditioning have been providing Residential HVAC Services for over 20 years in the Pacific Northwest. We are committed to delivering the Best Service and Value for those seeking to Replace, Repair or Maintain their Home Comfort System. Please Contact Us Today for a Free In-Home ConsultationRecent Review:1. Incorrect charge - they were supposed to charge the $165 service fee on the day they came to diagnose, but they charged me nearly $700 2. They did not provide itemize charges, and at nearly almost $700, it was almost the cost of a regular water heater, so excessive charge. 3. They charged the full amount before the work was done 4. They did not send me invoice or notification after the charge was made - I had to find out when I saw the charge on my credit card. I consider Black Lion a business disorganized, and unethical in its pricing and charging practices. Would NOT hire them againMay C.
- Business Description:COVID-19: We are currently open and following CDC protocols. Green City are your local install experts in heating, cooling, boilers, radiant in-floor heating, mini-splits etc. We are family owned and operated and dedicated to finding the best solutions possible for all your heating and cooling needs. Whether it is an installation, service, maintenance or complete system design we take the time to educate our customers and give you options on all systems available to help make your home as com..Recent Review:Two months after install and still haven't passed permit inspections... We recently had Green City install a heat pump and air handler system for our central ducted house. Install went ok, they were careful not to damage the house which was great. Had to have them come back to fix up a poor sealing job on the penetrations of our home. Where it has all gone down hill has been the permits. It took weeks for them to actually get me the permits after the job was done. Then we failed both Mechanical and Electrical inspections. After informing them of the failures, they said they would handle it, and after I waited a few more weeks of nothing I contacted them again and they brought someone out that day to fix up the rest of the mechanical. So thats finally passed. After another few weeks I call again and they act like they are not even aware of the Electrical Permit failures. So its been over two months since the install and I still do not have the proper permits for my system. Their post-install service has been abysmalChristopher M.
- Business Description:Trust is important—especially when you're hiring someone to come into your home to repair or install expensive heating and cooling equipment. People all over Washington, including King, Snohomish, Skagit, Whatcom and Island Counties, have given us their trust for the past 30 years because we have committed ourselves to providing quality service and the very best value on every visit we make. And we promise the same quality for you and your family
- Business Description:MM Comfort Systems is your local heating, air conditioning, plumbing and electrical experts serving the greater Seattle and Tacoma, WA, area. As one time National HVAC contractor of the Year, and Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, we have been setting new standards in customer service for nearly 40 years. Comfort and Efficiency from friendly experts. Our full line of top quality products and services includes: installation, repair and maintenance of furnaces, heat pumps, air conditioners, wat..Recent Review:The installation went extremely well and the installers, Joe and Travin, were efficient, very personable and a joy to have do the job.Rich B.
- Business Description:As a provider of essential services here in the Puget Sound Region, Seatown Electric Plumbing Heating & Air remains open to serve you. To ensure the safety of our customers our technicians' health is monitored closely and we are following the highest safety recommendations, including the use of masks and protective gloves. The health and wellness of our customers and employees will always come first. We are here for you! Seatown provides Electrical, Plumbing, Heating, and A/C services in the ..Recent Review:They replaced the electric panel and they damaged the dry wall. They didn't fixed it properly.Charles T M.
- Business Description:Ranger Heating & Cooling has been the Puget Sound's trusted comfort and energy experts since 2004. From high-efficiency heat pump, air conditioner and furnace installation and repair to water heater installation to home air filtration systems, you can count on receiving the highest quality services to keep your home comfortable year around! Call us today at (253) 266-5700 to schedule a guaranteed service diagnostic, a system tune-up, or a free in-home consultation for a new installation or re..
- Business Description:We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today. We offer roofing, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, appliance repair and solar services in King, Kitsap and Snohomish County.Recent Review:I hired Home Squad to replace my HVAC unit and water heater. The work that they performed was superb. The technicians were on time and respectful of my home. They cleaned everything up when the work was finished and left it better than when they showed up! They were able to look at what the previous HVAC contractor did and made sure all the new equipment was compatible with the dimensions of where the unit previous unit was. I appreciated them allowing me to ask questions along the way during the install so I could be prepared if any future problems came up. We had a tankless water heater installed and now everything is up and running greatDiana H.
Deals in Federal Way for Heating Air Conditioning Hvac
Explore our Solution Center for helpful heating & cooling contractor articles
Not only do whole-house humidifiers keep you breathing easy, but they also prevent dry air from damaging your beautiful wood floors and furniture. Before getting one, consult this list of the best whole-house furnace humidifiers you can buy.
What you’ll pay for furnace repairs depends on many factors, including what parts are malfunctioning, where you live, and even the time of day. Here’s a breakdown of what can go wrong with your furnace and the cost to fix those issues.
Find HVAC contractors in
- Des Moines
- Normandy Park
- Bonney Lake
- Lake Tapps
- University Place
HVAC contractors in Federal Way
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & I Galiaf Co. LLC7411 89th Pl NE
- A D O & LANDSCAPING4031 CALIFORNIA AVE SW
- A Sanders Construction LLC17461 Renton Maple Valley Rd SE
Maple Valley, Washington
- A&M Electric12803 Highway 99 Suite 1
- A-1 Energy Efficiency Consulting4215 26th Ave SW Ste B
- A-QUALITY HEATING AC AND WATER HEATING CO17625 SE 121 PL
- AA Heating & Air Conditioning13010 147th St E
- AAA Heating & Air Conditioning22641 83rd Ave S
- AAIRE PARTICLE CONTROL CO420 S 96TH ST STE 25
- Able Heating & Air LLCPO Box 993
- ABOVE THE BEST INC HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING1909 159TH ST CT S
- ABUNDANT HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING126 SW 148TH ST STE C100-125
- Accurate Heating and Electrical1611 SW Roxbury St
- Accuvac Furnace and Duct Cleaning6602 114th Ave Ct E
- ACTIONAIRE INC302 LINCOLN ST
- Adept Mechanical Services, Inc. DBA Adept11624 SE 208TH ST
- Advanced Filter & Mechanical Inc910 Valley Ave NW Ste 104
- Advanced Filter And Mechanical Inc910 Valley Ave NW Ste 104
- ADVANCED MECHANICAL & PLUMBING9212 37th ave s.w
- Advanced Radiant Technology1752 NW Market St # 133
- Aegis Cleaning Services800 NE Tenney Rd Ste 110-510
- Affordable Heating and Cooling Inc3515 99th Dr SE
Lake Stephens, Washington
- Air Cleaning Technology ACT479 Orchard Heights Road
- Air Duct Cleaning Everett2722 Colby Ave Ste 432
- Air Duct Crew221 1st Ave W
- Air Duct Pro4828 S Graham St
- Air Duct Squad1516 NW 22nd Ave
- Air Flow Systems Inc6275 S 143rd Pl
- AirCare USA14503 SE 170th St
- AirGanic8728 2nd Ave NW
- Airpros Energy23502 35th Ave W
- Albert Lee4259 8th Ave NW
- Alexander's Heating14691 NE 95th St
- ALFA DEVELOPMENT LLC4545 Sant Point way NE #201
- All Access Heating & MechanicalPO Box 45350
- All American Heating12111 213th AVE CT E
Bonney Lake, Washington
- All Climate Heating & Air Conditioning17527 NE 67th Ct
- All Heating Services23505 77th Ave SE
- All New Again1500 Industry St Suite 200
- All Points Heating & Fireplace4332 CHENNAULT BEACH RD
- All Seasons Heating & Climate Control10711 A St S
- All Seasons Inc3875 Steilacoom Blvd SW
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- All Star Heating and Air Conditioning IncPO Box 70
Fall City, Washington
- All Systems Heating and Cooling15839 37th Ave NE
Lake Forest Park, Washington
- All Trades Mechanical Inc3780 SE Mile Hill Dr
Port Orchard, Washington
- All Weather Heating & Cooling Inc.302 Kemp Street
Port Angeles, Washington
- ALL WEATHER HEATING A/C & REFRIGERATION7829 Center Boulevard SE #279
- All-Ways Air Control1515 S Center St
- All-Ways Air Control27010 Florence RD
- Allred Heating Cooling Electric1020 S 344th St. Suite 205
Federal Way, Washington
- Alpha Heating & Air Conditioning5716 149th Ave SE
- Alpine Ductless LLC8036 River Dr SE
- Alpine Specialty Cleaning6601 220th St SW Ste 4
Mountlake Terrace, Washington
- ALTERNATIVE AIR AND HEATING INC12924 206TH AVE NE
- ALTERNATIVE HEATING AND COOLING7129 188TH ST SE
- ALWAYS TESTING INC6501 227TH ST SW
Mountlake Terrace, Washington
- AMERICAN CRAFTSMAN PLUMBING & HEATING22618 119TH AVE SE
- AMERICAN DISTRIBUTING COMPANY13618 45TH AVENUE NE
- American Fresh Air16625 Redmond Way Ste M 233
- American Heating Company20924 1st Ave S
Des Moines, Washington
- Americool Heating & AC17929 Irwin Rd SW
- Ams Custom Systems9045 Slater Ave NE
- Anchor Home Comfort, LLC18608 75th Ave NW
- Anderson Discount Heating Oils6346 Rainier Ave S.
- Anderson Nesler CoPO BOX 597
- ANP Heating and A/C LLC 1920 K St NE
- Anthony Myers Plumbing402 Railroad Ave S
- AP Heating & Cooling12722 SE 223rd Dr
- Apollo Plumbing12404 E Gibson Rd
- Appliance ZonePO Box 55
- AppliancePartsPros.com240 Edwards Street Southeast
- Aqua Rec's Swimmin' Hole & Fireside1407 Puyallup Ave.
- Aquarius Plumbing & Heating LLC.5900 119th Ave SE Apt C106
- Aristo Mechanical Co2612 50th Ave SW
- Arne's Backflow Assembly Services LLCPO Box 437
- Arrow InsulationPO BOX 1233
Mount Vernon, Washington
- Artisan Design Build Inc1911 SW Campus Drive Ste 671
Federal Way, Washington
- Artisan Premier Electrical, Inc718 GRIFFIN AVE STE 342
- AS YOU WISH ELECTRIC825 S STACY ST
- ATEKA HEATING906 PIKE ST NW
- Auburn Foreign and Domestic Car725 Auburn Way N.
- Aurora Edmonds Furnace Cleaning12246 SE 196th
- Avalon Contracting, Inc2720 S J St
- Azimuth Construction Group LLC607 south 301st street
Federal Way, Washington
- A & I Galiaf Co. LLC
- B THURMAN'S HEATING & AIR LLCPO Box 5377
- B&R APPLIANCE REPAIRp.o.box 223
- Barr Heating Solutions16840 126th Ave SE
- Beacon Plumbing Heating & Mechanical Inc515 7th Ave S
- Beacon Plumbing, Heating, & Mechanical Inc1907 105th Street South
- Beacon Plumbing, Heating, & Mechanical Inc8611 S 192nd St
- Beck's Furnace Inc2920 137th Ave NE
Lake Stevens, Washington
- Bee's Plumbing and Heating4508 SW Othello St
- Bel Air Heating Cooling & Electric Inc5511 112th Ave E Ste. A
- Bel Red Windows & Doors5115 S 139th St
- Bel-Red Plumbing4850 156th Ave Ne
- B THURMAN'S HEATING & AIR LLC