Washington Energy Services

Washington: Contractors
09/07/2023

3909 196th St SW

Lynnwood, WA 98036

Washington Energy Services has been helping homeowners throughout Western Washington save money and live more comfortably since 1957. As one of the largest home improvement companies in the Seattle-Tacoma area, we are able to provide you with top quality products and services, installed by our professional craftsmen. Our free in-home estimates ensure you get the right product for your home. We'll be with you through all aspects of your project-from the purchase decision, expert installation, quality maintenance and service and even warranty work should you need it. We assist with permits and rebates, too. Give Washington Energy Services a call today to learn more or to schedule your service....

HVAC Companies (576)water heaters (153)window replacement (111)door installation (61)fireplace services (49)air duct cleaning (41)siding companies (30)electrician (16)generator service (15)gas fireplace repair (11)gutter repair (10)window treatment (2)

01/11/2022

marion V.

They did a good job, were on time, courteous, clean, and we had no problems at all. We would highly recommend them as well.

Description of Work
They put in a new air conditioning unit for us.

Work Completed On 03/11/2020

Hello! Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review. We're so glad that we could help you out and happy to hear that you're satisfied with the work performed by our team. Please feel free to reach out any time if you ever need anything else. Thanks again and have a great day!

12/13/2021

Trilby J.

They did a great job. The next morning my daughter, who has allergies, was able to breathe through her nose.

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning.

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 11/23/2021

Hi there! Thank you for your review. We're so glad that we could perform an air duct cleaning on your home. It's great to hear that your daughter is more comfortable and can breathe easier now that your home has clean ducts! Please feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. Have a great day!

10/12/2021

Aaron D.

I called to get my fireplace inspected before use this year. They had installed it in 2006 and last serviced it in 2019. They said they no longer service fireplaces that old nor do they even install fireplaces without a chimney any longer.

Description of Work
Fireplace inspected for one they installed

Category electrician,fireplaces

Work Completed On 10/05/2021

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We thank you for contacting us in regards to your fireplace. Unfortunately, we are unable to service fireplaces of that age due to the inability to obtain the correct manufacturer approved parts. We completely understand your frustrations and we do apologize that we couldn’t have been of more assistance. However, if you ever have any additional questions or need another system serviced, we’d be happy to help you out. We greatly appreciate your understanding. Have a great day, [Member Name Removed]! Thanks kindly, The Washington Energy Team

11/24/2020

Jessica K.

Was told after waiting 3 weeks for a response they are not taking appointments for new customers.

Description of Work
Would not come out

Category fireplaces

Work Completed On 11/24/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for reaching out to us. We apologize for the inconvenience and please know, we would love to serve you. Due to this being an extremely busy season for us, we made the hard decision to stop taking new Gas Fireplace Insert customers temporarily, as it's important to us that our customers to always receive the best service. This is only short-term and we would be more than happy to serve you if any future home improvement needs arise. We thank you and appreciate your understanding. Sincerely, The Team at Washington Energy

09/29/2020

Floyd S.

Everything went well and they serviced it since. I would definitely hire them again and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed a new HVAC system in my home.

Work Completed On 09/29/2019

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience with our team. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to working with you in the future! Have a great day!

09/21/2020

Clay M.

Very friendly and easy to work with. I would use them again!

Description of Work
New windows and blinds

Category replacement windows,window treatments

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

Thank you for your kind review! We are happy to hear that everything went smoothly with your job! We look forward to working with you again in the future. Have a great day!

09/19/2020

David P.

No response from either of the recommended services...

Description of Work
Restring or replace shades

Category window treatments

Work Completed On 09/19/2020

09/11/2020

Trish H.

A man from this company came to my house to check it out so he could give me a bid. He said he’d send the bid to me. Two days later I called him because I hadn’t heard from him. He said he was going to work on it that evening. I never heard from him. No bid. Nothing.

Description of Work
I wanted central air conditioning.

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

Thank you for your honesty and reaching out to us. We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We wanted to learn more about what happened in your situation, but we could not find any of your information in our database. Is there a chance that you may have us confused with another company or another name was used? We would be happy to get in touch with you or send one of our team members out for a visit. Please feel free to call our phone number (800)-398-4663 and ask for our sales manager, Craig, as he’d be more than happy to speak with you to learn more about your experience. Once again, we apologize for your experience and we’d be glad to make this right. Thank you. Sincerely, The Washington Energy Team

09/04/2020

Charles P.

They didn't give me the option to just replace the faucet and cartridges. Their estimate ended up being $1600 which included the stopper, p-trap, and a faucet that was more quality and that could only be serviced by plumbers. I ended up going with another plumber who installed a faucet I supplied for $275. They were doing what I asked of them but I just wish they gave me the option to replace the faucet and cartridge without removing the whole sink from the wall which the other plumber did. Because of that I will not call them again.

Description of Work
I called them to come out and give an estimate to replace a faucet.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

Thank you for your honesty and reaching out to us! After receiving your review, we were a bit confused, as we have not provided plumbing services for a few years now. We checked our customer database and we could not find your name or contact information in our records, so you may have accidentally mistaken us for another company. However, we are sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, if there is anything we can do to help, please let us know. Sincerely, The Washington Energy Team

08/18/2020

Linell A.

We had Washington Energy Service install a new furnace, air conditioner and hot water heater when we purchased our home in 2016. We were impressed with the presentation made by their representative prior to our purchase compared to other representatives with whom we spoke. Because we wanted to be insured, we purchased an extended warranty. We're really glad we did! We have had the system serviced annually, but this year an extensive leak developed that damaged the interior of our home and caused black mold. We initially notified our insurance company but then decided we should notify Washington Energy Service as well. The decontamination had begun, but the damage was evident. The Washington Energy Service representative was so very helpful and understanding. He immediately determined what needed to be done to correct the problem and within two days had a team to our home to complete the repair. We appreciate the professionalism, courtesy, honesty and rapid response with which Washington Energy Service treated us and would strongly recommend them to anyone looking for a good local company. Linell and Bruce Arbuckle Federal Way, WA

Description of Work
Repair of a leak in a previously installed air conditioning system

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out and writing such a thoughtful review! We are so happy that we have been able to serve you over the years and were able to complete the recent repair. In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you! Thanks again for your kind words. Have a great day!

04/02/2020

Lauri H.

My "C" rating is based as follows: An “A” for the technician. A “D” for the Bryant heat pump. The unit runs quietly and efficiently, but to have two major components fail in 3½ years doesn’t speak well for Bryant reliability. An “F” for $616 in labor costs (defrost control board installation $240, fan motor installation $376). These costs were listed on the invoice before work began. Parts were covered by warranty. Tax added another $53. The work was completed in less than two hours ($300+ per hour).

Description of Work
Heat Pump Repair

Cost $669.59

Work Completed On 03/19/2020

Thank you for reaching out and leaving us a detailed review of your experience. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our technicians were helpful and efficient. However, we are sorry to hear that your Bryant Heat Pump was not as reliable as expected. We acknowledge that this would be a frustrating situation because we hold our products to high standards. With that being said, Washington Energy Services would like to offer you a complimentary maintenance on both your outdoor and indoor units, available until next year. We only want the best for our customers, so thank you for taking the time to write this review, as we always appreciate receiving customer experiences and feedback. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns. Have a great day!

01/16/2020

Lori F.

Excellent! Joe and Jim were the installers and they did a really nice job for us. . They were timely, worked like craftsman and generally just nice guys. Very happy with the Coeur d’Alene Windows and the Codel door.

Description of Work
They replaced four large windows and our front door

Category replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 01/07/2020

Review for Washington Energy Services - 3909 196th St SW, Lynnwood, WA - 38332940

Thank you for sharing about your new windows and door installation! We always enjoy hearing how much our customers enjoy the quality work and company of our installers. Joe and Jim are both awesome team members and we're excited to share your feedback with them.

12/13/2019

mike Y.

the first repairman came out to the house. He said it was broke, wasn't sure if he could get the. I told him to try if he couldn't I would try. He then when into a sales pitch about a new furnace.I said lets fix the one we have. I didn't hear from them for over a week. I called they said they thought I was getting the parts. I told them to ,please fix it. In the weeks that have followed. I have been told 1# we will be out next couple days to fix. #2 waiting on the part no ETA ( the old checks in the mail) I think if they make wait in the cold long enough, I will buy a new furnace from them. I won't buy anything Washington Energy Service. Not good people.

Description of Work
repair home furnace

Work Completed On 12/13/2019

Thank you for your feedback regarding your furnace repair experience. We apologize for any inconvenience and miscommunication that occurred. Our customer's satisfaction and safety is our number one priority, not making a sale. Newer systems can actually be installed quicker than replacing parts, since parts need to be ordered from the manufacturer. Our first technician recommended a new furnace because your current furnace is 20 years old, therefore you would get more longevity out of a new furnace then repairing your old one. We understand that you opted for repair over replacement and we respect your decision. Our technician noted that you were going to call around for part quotes elsewhere, which is why we did not contact you in the interim. Thank you for choosing to go with us for your part replacement and for your patience while the parts were ordered. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to ensure clear communication in the future.

12/07/2019

Doug K.

No pressure sales, salesman answered our questions, told us about several things we hadn't thought of, came back with a quote promptly. The whole operation went like clockwork, the install crew were professional and thorough. Very happy with the end result.

Description of Work
Replace windows

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/04/2019

So awesome to hear [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your feedback and will make sure your salesman and install team receive special recognition. Thank you for choosing Washington Energy Services for your windows and sliding doors project!

11/27/2019

Elizabeth C.

Called WSE for a routine inspection. The tech showed up right on time and was friendly & knowledgeable throughout the visit. They recommended replacing a few parts that were going out. They weren't cheap but a quick internet search confirmed WSE wasn't inflating prices, so I gladly had them replaced. However, a week later the furnace stopped working. I called and a tech was able to squeeze us in same day, the day before Thanksgiving. Turns out the igniter they installed the week prior was faulty. No charge for the visit or the new part. I was very happy they stood by their work and fixed the problem. Will definitely be using them again.

Description of Work
Gas furnace inspection and repair

Work Completed On 11/27/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your routine inspection and part replacements. We appreciate you doing your research both on Washington Energy Services and the recommend parts to understand the importance of them. Your understanding with the igniter was great to receive and we're glad you allowed us to fix that for you. We look forward to our next visit!

11/07/2019

PATTY J.

Couldn't have been better! Ricardo, Amador, John were the most professional tradesmen we've had work on our home in over 43 yrs! Their attention to detail was unmatched! Our house is stunning! People constantly stop & tell us how beautiful it is....that's because of W.E.S. & these 3 professionals that work there! Not only does the house look new, it's warmer than it's been in the 43 yrs we've been here! We went for the wait & save offer & we paid less than 1/2 of what others would have charged! We are so pleased, we say give them all a raise! Job site was left clean everyday & we couldn't be happier!! Thank you WES, Ricardo, Amador & John!

Description of Work
Siding, windows, furnace, water heater, facia's, gables, insulation, gutters & more that we can't think of right now!

Category gutter repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac,insulation,plumbing,siding,water heater repair,replacement windows

Work Completed On 03/04/2019

Your wonderful review was so nice to receive! Thank you for taking the time to leave us those comments about your crew: Ricardo, Amador, and John. We will make sure they receive special praise for a job well done. Also we love hearing about all the compliments you're receiving and the money saved by taking advantage of our wait and save sale!

08/13/2019

Glenn G K.

Great service and professionalism at a fair price.

Description of Work
New furnace and A/C

Work Completed On 08/13/2019

Thank you for your wonderful comments!

07/17/2019

GLENDA C.

Great service. The gentlemen were very nice and informative

Description of Work
new hot water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/07/2018

Thank you for your review, we're glad you're happy with the work completed.

05/28/2019

LYNNE C.

My electric hot water heater was leaking and needed replacing. After getting several quotes, I decided on Washington Energy Services. Their quote was less than quotes I received from other companies due to a special they had on water heaters this month. The whole process went very smoothly. I set up an appointment for the next day. Rigo installed my new hot water heater--he was prompt, professional and knowledgeable. I would use Washington Energy Services again and would definitely recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Replaced electric hot water heater

Category plumbing,water heater repair

Work Completed On 05/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share about your positive experience with Washington Energy Services. We are happy to hear that you felt like the install of your new water heater went smoothly and professionally. The kind comments about Rigo are also greatly appreciated as he is a huge asset to us and we love when other notice that as well. Thank you for choosing and recommending WA Energy Services and we look forward to helping you in the future.

05/22/2019

Chris S.

I did not use Washington Energy Services for two reasons (1) The exact same water heater I wanted was only $1100 from Home Depot. So they were quoting $1800 for the removal/disposal of old water heater and installation of new one, plus mark up on the water heater. (2) Their installation price was actually a fixed % of the cost of the water heater sold, not the difficulty of installation. I know this because they accidentally sent me a quote for the smaller version of the same water heater and the installation line item was dramatically less, even though the process was EXACTLY THE SAME the only difference was the water heater was slightly taller. It was easy math to look at the two quotes side by side and see the installation was a fixed % of the price they charge for the water heater. (install price/ water heater price = same % in both quotes ). So because I wanted a more expensive heater, I should pay more for the installation? BS. I ended up doing this job myself in under 3 hrs including draining the old heater and replacing all connections, and properly strapping the heater and paid $1,100 for the waterheater.

Description of Work
Replace Water Heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/07/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for sharing about your experience with Washington Energy Services and your water heater quotes. We are happy to hear that you were able to install your water heater quickly and within your budget. It is awesome that you have a working knowledge and skill set to be able to drain, install, and connect your water heater as many people do not have that. We apologize for any confusion caused by providing the separate quotes. May I ask if something happened recently to prompt you to share this information now? We see on your account that our last contact was in January of 2018. Did you receive a newsletter or direct mail from us recently? If you would like to be removed from our mailing list we can certainly do that for you since you will not be using WA Energy Services for any future projects. Thank you again for sharing and please message back or call us at 800-398-4663 if you would like to be unsubscribed from our mailing list.

03/13/2019

Donna R.

Cristopher Johnson was our service technician and was so nice. Explaining everything and his advice of what needed to be done and what could wait. Very friendly and professional.

Description of Work
furnace tune up and heat pump tune up

Work Completed On 03/13/2019

We are glad to hear that you were impressed with Chris's work and demeanor! Thank you for choosing WA Energy Services!

03/13/2019

Pam C.

Great Toby and his partner I didn’t get his name were friendly, on time and helpful! I called on Monday and they were there Tuesday

Description of Work
My water heater replaced

Category plumbing,water heater repair