Evergreen Home Heating & Energy

Washington: Contractors
04/20/2021

727 S Kenyon St

Seattle, WA 98108

For 45 years we’ve been making Puget Sound homes the most healthy, energy efficient and comfortable homes in the country. Our experienced team brings decades of expertise installing and maintaining the most innovative and efficient technology. As a Mitsibushi Cooling and Heating Diamond Contractor, Evergreen Home Heating and Energy has some of the world's most efficient and innovative products available....

HVAC Companies (90)air duct cleaning (3)electrician (2)roofing (1)

07/14/2021

Brett R.

I'm disappointed to write this review. If I were only reviewing the installation team (Gaeb and Don) and the final product (a smoothly working ductless A/C system), then this would be a five-star review. However, as other reviewers here note, the customer service is very poor, and there were failures at multiple points in the process: 1. Scott, who did the initial visit and quote, got several things wrong about how the installation was going to need to go. Most importantly, he did *not* warn us that the electrician would need to cut through dry wall and that Evergreen does not repair the damages it does (although the other members of installation team did patch up their work). 2. The electrician needed us to choose between (a) having exposed wiring in the house or (b) cutting into drywall. We were given very little notice to make this decision and did not have time to think through the consequences and costs of this choice (since it was not easy to get him to the site). We chose (b), for which the estimated repairs are $900. 3. Evergreen does not take responsibility for that damage nor has any way to help customers get the repair. These are hidden costs that Scott should have told us about. When I spoke to the residential manager, Ryan, he was completely unhelpful. He merely repeated that this was common (so why don't they have a solution?) and it's in the contract (which it is as a half-line item buried in the text). I then complained again to Ryan's admin assistant, who passed me on to the general manager, Jamey. Jamey worked a little harder than Ryan to resolve the problem, but the solution still involved passing on the costs to us. To summarize: the installation team (except the electrician) is great, the sales and management team offer fairly worthless customer service. I strongly recommend you work with a company that offers better customer service and won't leave you with $900 worth of repairs at the end of the job.

Description of Work
HVAC Installation

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 07/09/2021

01/15/2021

Ali A.

Evergreen installed a new hybrid heat pump system in my house. After researching the options, Evergreen was not only the most reasonable price, but they also scoped out a hybrid system where they would install new duct work and a single air exchanger in the attic and a minisplit in the basement. Scott, the sales person, did not try to upsell me on number of zones (others tried to get me to get 2 units in the basement) and after 2 months with the system, the single unit in the basement is heating the whole basement to our needs. All this was done at a price still considerably lower than the "standard" system price being offered by one of the bigger, similarly named companies. Evergreen was also the only company to propose a hybrid system where they would install a single exchanger in the attic and run new ceiling ducts to the rooms. This was appealing because we don't need to have the cassettes in each room and we didn't need to line the outside of the house with conduit for the cassettes (also the bathroom gets heat, too). Scott was great to work with, answered all my questions, and did his best to size the system correctly. Installation was smooth. There was a small hiccup where the installer accidentally broke a basement window, but Evergreen squared it away. Don and his team were great and the inspections passed. After install support has been great. Denise has been responsive to my questions. Overall, the experience was great with Evergreen and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Heat Pump Installation

Work Completed On 11/16/2020

08/14/2020

Robin M.

I wanted to pass on my experience with Evergreen who went the extra mile after my Mitsubishi slim AC started leaking water before the hot summer months. I had called a Kirkland company who came out diagnosed the issue and charged me an exorbitant amount. However after I informed them it was registered and parts were under warranty they dropped me like a hot potato and never called back. On the other hand Victoria at Evergreen called me regularly to update on the warranty and parts and scheduled a full day repair with Jesse, an excellent technician. He used appropriate PPE, educated me about the problem, even provided less expensive options, and finally completed the long arduous process of replacing parts and recharging the refrigerant all for a reasonable amount. Voila AC again! I would highly recommend this company - to do your job efficiently and technically correct, without overcharging or trying to upscale you. Peace of mind is priceless. RobinM

Description of Work
Heat pump complex repair

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

08/02/2019

Wanda D.

Our Heat pump was not providing cold air so I called for a repair person to come out and fix it. Evergreen was able to provide me same day service which was impressive and the tech Alec Smith was very professional and skilled. He had the main issue diagnosed within probably 20 minutes and had a replacement part on hand. My complaint with Evergreen and this is probably common throughout the industry is the markup they put on those replacement parts. I needed a dual run Capacitor for which I was charged approximately $175 dollars. After doing a little research I found that this is a $21 part from Grainger or Amazon. That's one **** of a mark-up. I can tolerate a mark-up because of the convenience but I feel 800% is excessive.

Description of Work
Heat Pump Repair

Work Completed On 07/23/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks for the review! I'm glad we were able to get your system up and running so quickly. I completely understand the objection regarding the price of the service and part installation we performed for you. I can understand how, on the surface, it would appear expensive based on the cost of the part on the internet. However, I can assure you we didn't make a huge, excessive profit on your job. When examining pricing for professional services such as these, there are a lot of factors to consider. As you mentioned in your review, Alec is a highly skilled technician. These kinds of parts require highly skilled and certified technicians to install, which is costly for a business to provide. FYI we use an industry-standard flat rate pricing system which many other companies use. With our flat rate pricing, we always give a quote for the repair ahead of time so you know what you're going to be paying before authorizing the work to be done. We also have to deal with a lot of costs of doing business in our metro area. Here are a few to consider: Heavy traffic and high transportation costs High cost/skilled labor High insurance costs High real estate/building costs High business taxes Increasing cost of materials The bottom line is, when we send a technician out to a home to perform a specialized repair, the cost of the part is only a single factor among many that determines the price. The convenience of getting a skilled technician out to a home quickly requires a lot of infrastructure, which all costs a lot. Unfortunately we have to charge the prices we do to provide high quality service, stay in business and make a small profit in the Seattle metro area.

01/04/2019

Ryoji N.

Worth the money. We were hot and needed our ac replaced. Great job they did.

Description of Work
AC install

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

Review for Evergreen Home Heating & Energy - 727 S Kenyon St, Seattle, WA - 37640090

12/31/2018

lee H.

Tenants response the works are great.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

Work Completed On 12/31/2018

11/06/2018

GUY T.

Installer of system and prior maintenance entity no longer provides service in Seattle. Evergreen Home able to get a technician out in less than 24 hours. Technician Alec was most excellent. He carefully reviewed our system and step by step eliminated potential causes of the no-heat condition. He pleasantly and efficiently found and fixed the problem. Was very careful to keep the work area clean and was respectful of our home. Thorough description of what he was finding and even sent pictures of the condition after the job. Gave us tips for future maintenance tasks. Excellent customer service, technically very savvy and efficient and pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
Furnace not heating.

Work Completed On 11/06/2018

11/21/2017

Scott D.

All phases of the project ranged from good to excellent. There were a few installation details that didn't go 100% as I had hoped, but there was certainly nothing wrong with the work that they did, and I have to take some responsibility for this as well because of not clearly communicating my expectations to the installation crew. At the end of the day I am happy with the job and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Evergreen installed a central heat pump for my residence.

Work Completed On 10/16/2017

06/16/2017

Lisa K.

Overall, I thought the service was good.

Description of Work
They insalled a gas furnace.

Work Completed On 06/01/2014

06/02/2017

Jason M.

Terrific! Everyone was professional and showed up on time, and my customer service representative, Scott, was highly responsive. Only minor quibble was that I had to be proactive in terms of contacting the office to schedule installation date and for payment.

Description of Work
Installed new furnace and ran new electrical wiring for house

Work Completed On 05/03/2017

05/22/2017

Alice N.

Everything went very smoothly and on time. Communication was very good with calls or emails back same day. Timeline was effectively communicated anytime there was going to be change.

Description of Work
Replacing oil furnace with high efficiency gas furnace. We also received quotes to add A/C but decided against as it's a small house. The fan setting was effective in cooling the house during the summer with the exception of those few really hot days.

Work Completed On 06/22/2015

05/03/2017

Jessica D.

Great. I wanted to replace my oil furnace with a system that does both heating and cooling. They came by, did measurements, and presented some options. I chose the Mitsubishi mini split system because I have a large house and don't need to heat or cool all of it all the time. They installed in a day. Very easy, very boring, I also had them replace the water heater.

Description of Work
Heat pump mini split system installed

Work Completed On 03/02/2017

04/13/2017

Martin P.

It was an excellent experience. They have been really, really good. They just know what they are doing. They want to make sure you are happy with what they are doing, so that was good. They are pretty affordable. There were thousands of them on the list that were competition, (but) they were very good. It was quite a bit of work. I think the price was good.

Description of Work
It was for the heating and air conditioning unit.

Work Completed On 07/15/2016

04/10/2017

kim L.

Very well. I was able to work from home for a couple of days while they did the install, they got the furnace running the 1st day, and installed the AC the next day. They had to add capacity to our electrical service for the AC, but did it & the permitting quickly. They got rebates for the AC and the new thermostat they installed which helped bring down the cost.

Description of Work
Our furnace quit late in November just before a cold snap hit. Got an estimate from Evergreen & a competitor, prices were fairly close but chose Evergreen for the furnace manufacturer and they were about 5 miles from our house. We added an A/C unit to the system as well. Everything has worked well through the winter so far.

Work Completed On 11/24/2016

02/17/2017

Ruth S.

Evergreen did an excellent job. They were quick to come out and give the initial quote, and gave a much better price quote than the other company we spoke with. In addition, they were nice, efficient, and thorough in their explanation of the process and the pros and cons of which heaters to choose. Installation was quick and easy and the workers stayed after to test our heaters and walk us through the process of how to use them most efficiently. The heaters have been wonderful this winter and we are so pleased with how well everything turned out.

Description of Work
We replaced our old baseboard heating system with ductless heaters.

Work Completed On 10/28/2016

07/28/2016

Matthew W.

They could have been clearer on their information on Angie’s List. It was not very clear. We thought we were going to get a discount and we did not get it which did not make it a positive experience.

Description of Work
I have used Evergreen Home Heating & Energy.

Work Completed On 07/16/2015

06/07/2016

Stephen Z.

We discovered our A/C was out on what was going to be the hottest day of the year so far (and a Sunday). Evergreen were the quickest to reply to our various after-hours inquiries and had the best rate for the diagnosis (at least, of the ones that ever ended up replying). They were out within an hour, and luckily it was a simple and quick fix, just replacing a burned out part. When we looked up comparables later, the repair cost (itemized separate from diagnosis) was on the higher end, but we were happy to get it fixed before the day heated up.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and fixed A/C.

Work Completed On 06/04/2016

05/02/2016

Daniel H.

I had three estimates at our house for our conversion from a gas forced-air furnace to a heat pump/gas furnace installation. I was most impressed by Evergreen's rep. Scott, as he was very helpful in explaining the technology and was the only one of the three to do a J load calculation on our home. I also felt after the estimates were all given that Evergreen's was the best buy in terms of the product features vs. overall cost. As I researched our installation I realized that my mother's all-electric home would be better served by a heat pump as well. Again, Scott did the best job of all three estimators there as well. After the down payment of 50% of the cost the installation was set up within two weeks for both locations. The work was done on time and efficiently. My mother's job was done in a few hours, mine took a couple of days. I'm happy to say that both units are performing perfectly, through both the colder weather of March and the warmer than usual days we've had in April. There were a couple of things that should be mentioned, not major issues but worth noting. The installation of our heat/pump and furnace did not meet City Code on the initial inspection as the condensation pump was placed on the floor. City code required it to be 18 inches off the floor due to a potential for an explosion should there be a gas leak. The correction was done within a few days, but I did have to schedule a city inspector on two different days. The city inspector remarked that the installer 'should have known better'. On my mom's split heat pump the indoor blower unit began making a loud clanking noise one month into use. Evergreen was quick to come out, mom called on Sunday morning and was able to have a crew come out the next day. Apparently the installers had missed a mounting clip on the external cover of the indoor unit and over time the casing sagged enough that the rotating fans began to hit the inside of the case. Several weeks after our work was done I was called by the financial office asking me to pay the remaining 50% balance. I pointed out that it had been paid on the day the work was done, but apparently the payment was not correctly registered as having been paid by their accounting office. Fortunately I was able to point to my credit card statement indicating that the balance had been paid in full. Overall Evergreen did a professional job from start to finish and I have no hesitation in recommending them. Given their expertise and experience I have no doubt that my equipment will continue to be well serviced going forward.

Description of Work
Evergreen installed a Trane Variable speed heat pump and furnace in our home, I also had them install a Mitsubishi ductless mini split heat pump at my mother's home nearby.

Work Completed On 03/03/2016

Review for Evergreen Home Heating & Energy - 727 S Kenyon St, Seattle, WA - 31671645

02/08/2016

SUSAN K.

We purchase a Trane model 'XV18i Variable Speed Heat Pump' from Evergreen on Oct 2014. This model was chosen among other things because its low noise level. The Evergreen's salesperson (Scott H) certainly did its job in selling the high quality of the heat pump and customer service provided by Evergreen. Installation had its unpleasant hiccups. For example, installers left equipment overnight and we were woken up at 2am with a Carbon Monoxide alarm. After fire trucks arrived, they discovered that one of the equipment tanks left overnight was leaking. Also, when finished, the 'look' of the outside installation was less than appealing. I don't think that the owner of Evergreen would get an installation like ours. The biggest concern is the high db levels that the heat pump is reaching. At times it hits 95db and it averages 85db when running Stage 2 in the morning when temperature is in the low 30s. Evergreen was called several times and technicians said that things are 'normal' and working 'as expected'. The noise levels that we are experiencing are much higher than what is advertised by Trane/Evergreen. Even our next door neighbor complained about it. More than a year later, we have purchased a noise-cancellation barrier that is masking the noise level a little, but are still unacceptably high. Other attempts to resolve this issue by contacting Evergreen (Scott) and Trane proved unsuccessful. Overall we would not recommend this Trane product, especially if it is handled by Evergreen. If we could, we would return the heating system for a complete refund, dealing with Evergreen has been unpleasant and frustrating.

Description of Work
Installed a Trane Heat Pump

Work Completed On 11/18/2015

09/09/2015

JENNIFER F.

Armando and Stephen(?) were early to the appointment. Unfortunately I missed their call and they had to wait for me! Super friendly and happy to talk details and answer my many questions during the appointment. I opted to take advantage of their Home Comfort Club offer so my actual cost was $240 incl. tax.

Description of Work
Serviced gas furnace.

Work Completed On 09/08/2015

04/18/2015

Harshwinder S.

We were looking for whole home air-conditioning before the summer hit. I got 5-6 different quotes including from Costco and Lowes. Most everyone gave a big price difference between A/C unit and Heat pump; while Evergreen gave pretty close estimates and their quote was lower than just the A/C quotes from most others. It was a no brainer to go with them. Installation was a breeze, on schedule, and performed to full satisfaction. Highly recommend them and would definitely use them again!!

Description of Work
Installed Heat Pump

Work Completed On 04/03/2015

12/31/2014

Irving B.

They were helpful when our water heater failed and helped me get cold water in our system while we waited for the replacement water heater to arrive which took about a week.

Description of Work
Installed a Eternal Water Heater to replace the one that failed.

Work Completed On 12/19/2014

12/23/2014

F I.

Prompt. Courteous. Professional. Effective.

Description of Work
Checked out malfunctioning gas furnace