SOUTHWEST PLUMBING

3.5

Bellevue, WA 98004

01/07/2023

Chris B.

They do not do estimates prior to arrival simply due to the fact they charge five times what the job is worth. They gave me an estimate of $1,500 for a job that would take less than an hour with less than $20 in materials. Do not use them

Description of Work
I needed two 90° pipes that were leaking replaced. The wall was opened up. The water was drained. All they had to do was replace the '90s and they quoted me $1,500.

02/01/2022

Laura D.

I have made a report to Adult Protective Services. 300% more than competitors. Took advantage of an elderly friend who has some age related vision and hearing loss. Had her sign a contract for $30,000 which she does not have.

Description of Work
replace failing sewer pipes

10/06/2021

michael B.

called and booked a service for old frige. came out and works like new.

Description of Work
fixed an old fridgerator

Category appliance repair

01/31/2021

Leslie O.

Will not hire again. They charged an enormous amount for adding something to our how water tank and never fixed the problem, the dripping shower head. This should be plumbing 101 yet, the shower head still drips when you turn off the shower.

Description of Work
Dripping Shower Head

Category appliance repair, plumbing

12/03/2018

susan F.

Worst company I have ever dealt with. I was overcharge for the services. They didn't provide the information I specifically requested several times. They broke my toilet and left the open hole in the floor, telling me that i would have to get a new one. They told me that they would be back Monday at 9:00am to get a permit from the city of Federal Way. He never showed up, and when I went to look at where they were in the project, and found that they have covered it all back up with the soil, leaving me to deal with the city, and possibly have to dig it all back up if the city needed to inspect it. They used a camera that cost hundreds of dollars (bill was not itemized) and said that they would be able to provide me with photo and a video from it. They never did. I made several calls to the company but never heard back from anyone. It was like a bait and switch deal. They said one thing and did something entirely different. I am now stuck with going out and buying a toilet and paying someone to install it. Plus, after all that, the downstairs bathtub flooded again, which was why I hired them. I still do not know what they ended up doing, except that I know have a big green disc in my side yard that makes it look like i have a septic tank. Two years prior to this, RotoRouter did the job in 2 hours for $500. SouthWest took over 8 hours and charged over $2000. The RotoRouter guy showed me the film and told me which tree it was by the bits of wood on his driller. Southwest said nothing and explained nothing.

Description of Work
Unclog downstairs bathroom

10/07/2018

Jennifer H.

I called at 11 am - and requested an afternoon appointment (after 2 pm). They said they would arrange a plumber to come out in the afternoon on Saturday. I had to call them 3 times over the next 6 hours, and they never got a plumber to come out. They didn't bother to call me (I had to call them) to ask if someone would be coming to fix my kitchen sink, and they said no one would be coming out today - at 6:20 pm. I wasted my whole afternoon waiting for them to come out. I still have a broken kitchen sink with no water. I will never use them again.

Description of Work
Plumbing repair on KitchenSink

09/01/2018

Gordon H.

Fix it people were condescending, sarcastic, and sly. Quote for repair was extraordinarily higher than the second company, which was rated far higher in Angie’s list.

Description of Work
Our kitchen sink was leaking.

11/08/2017

Miles S.

They canceled three times, then told me to call another plumber because they have bigger projects to do. This spanned over 3 days. Completely ridiculous

Description of Work
Clogged drain, requested for it to be snaked.

10/02/2017

John - Sandra D.

I thought they were a little pricey.

Description of Work
Plumbing.

09/18/2017

Sandra W.

On the quality of their install, I would give them an A, but I have a problem with the quote they gave me for something else.

Description of Work
I called them for a quote, but then I had them put in a kitchen faucet for us.

09/15/2017

Glen B.

I have had very good results with them.

Description of Work
They repaired a water line in the back. They also repaired a leak from a pipe in the basement.

07/21/2017

Susan S.

I had some o-rings that went out on a couple of toilets. I called them and they gave me a price of $260. My son came home and repaired them for a $7 part. In fact, he showed me how to do it. They charged me $100 to come out and look at them. I'm sure they are very experienced. The man had been here for something in the past. Then they ended up giving me money back, but I would not use them again. They are expensive and it's just ridiculous. Their responsiveness was good.

Description of Work
Plumbing services.

07/06/2017

Jim L.

The quality was good. They did have poor responsiveness and very high prices. I thought they were rude.

Description of Work
They repaired a bathroom faucet.

07/03/2017

Shirley E.

Though a bit pricey I was very pleased with the results. The new pump doesn't rattle my plumbing when it goes off and everything now drains as it should without backing up into my basement. Have recommended Kirk Thompsen to my friends.

Description of Work
Was having sewer line problems and sump pump problems. They used a camera and "shot" my line and showed me the problem--front porch had settled and was crushing my sewer line. They rerouted the line and replaced a section of pipe. They also replaced a sump pump for my composting toilet that a prior plumber had put in but was too strong. It was an involved job and they did it in a timely manner and were very neat about it. It was also quite frozen ground they were dealing with out there.

Category excavators, plumbing, drain cleaning

06/17/2017

Deborah D.

......................................................

Description of Work
..........................................

06/14/2017

Rochelle E.

They were outrageous. They tried to double charge us. We will never use them. It was a ridiculous amount they wanted to charge us. We had somebody else come and do the work and it was half the price. They wanted to charge us $1000 and it was only $400 worth of work. We had to keep calling them to get them to come out and then when they did they were overcharging and they were kind of arrogant about it. They had appointments and they just didn't make them. We had to keep calling them. The guys were ok on professionalism. Their estimate worked because they told me what was wrong with my bathroom but what they said they had to do, the other plumber fixed it without doing all of the stuff they said they had to do. I just felt like they were cheating me.

Description of Work
We got a quote from them.

06/02/2017

FB O.

It went fine. But here is the catch. The drain clog took about 1/2 to fix But the way the plumbers work is that they bring a older guy presumabley a journeyman and an apprentice. So they charge for one to stand around while the other, the apprentice does all the work. So for a half hours of work, you get hit for about $200. We have used Beacon in the past, and they only had one guy to charge. I guess it is the sign of the times. Reminds me of road work, 4 workers, and 4 watchers. But the drain is fixed, I paid the money, and got on with the day.

Description of Work
We had a drain plugged, they came out to fix it.

05/24/2017

William S.

We liked them a lot. I would absolutely use them again.

03/08/2017

Maurice R.

Expensive, over the top. They were responsive, punctual. I didn’t have them do the work, because in the end, I had basically two fixtures to get installed and they wanted to charge me almost $1,400 for what literally would have been like an hour’s worth of work. They have actually done work with me before.

Description of Work
I used Southwest Plumbing for a quote to install two fixtures.

02/23/2017

Peter W.

It was pretty good. It was originally where the lines were hooked up in a vertical figuration and they hooked it up in a different one. Put they put it in a parallel so part goes in one and part goes in another so it shares the load. Price was pretty reasonable.

Description of Work
I used SOUTHWEST PLUMBING for the water tank.

02/02/2017

Robert C.

The work performed was done well and quickly. However I was only offered a choice between fixed price options. The first choice was over $500 to replace all of the inner parts of the toilet. The second was to replace just the defective part at $350. The pricing was outrageous to me, for a $20 part and less than an hour of work. In addition, they charged a $50 fee just to come out. That makes their effective hourly rate at around $350. I spent around $250 for a brand-new toilet and installation. Their pricing is a huge ripoff. DO NOT USE THEM unless they will offer you a fair labor rate and parts.

Description of Work
Fix a leaking toilet

11/08/2016

Jean P.

Even though I told them a refund of some kind is in order, the price was never adjusted.

Description of Work
This was one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a company to come to my house and do work. My water/ice dispenser in my fridge was leaking, and I had had an appliance repair service look at it and they said it was a plumbing issue. I had SW plumbing come out and before he even saw what the issue was he said 'It will be $300.00. This has to be worth my time.' Instead of determining whether it was a plumbing problem or an issue with my fridge, he proceeded as though it were a plumbing issue. 'Sediment in my water line' he said. I saw very little sediment. He replaced the line ( which costs $6.00 at Home Depot), turned the water back on and there was no leak- until the next morning when, I assume, the water pressure in the line had built up enough to cause it to leak again. After cleaning up a large puddle of water on the floor, I called SW plumbing and told them what happened. They sent out another plumber that evening (free of charge as I would expect) and he determined the leak originated in the fridge- not a plumbing issue at all. He turned the water back off that supplies the fridge. So, problem not fixed and charged $300.00. I called SW plumbing three times, spoke to a manager, and no one ever called back. The last time I called, the manager said 'That plumber gave you a price break. We usually charge $500.00 to replace a water line.' Wow. Trying to appease me by saying this is just plain stupid. What a ripoff. This company should be put out of business.

10/24/2016

Sandra W.

Two employees showed up. They were polite and clean cut. They told me the drip could not be fixed because my shower handles and pipes were too old (70's) but for about $1200 they could tear a hole in the wall behind and install a single handle but not fix the wall. I said no thanks but had them install new kitchen faucet for which I paid too much. I looked on you tube and found out how to fix the shower for about $25. I think the plumbers lack of knowledge is sad....either that or they're just out to rip people off. I will not use them again or recommend.

Description of Work
I called for repair estimate for dripping shower.

09/30/2016

Bonnie T.

Not thrilled. I think it was largely the matter not feeling like I could communicate with them so there was a attitude and there was a no we can't and there was a and I was embarrassed. It turned out okay but I wasn't okay with it.

Description of Work
I used Southwest plumbing for plumbing service. It was a leak.

01/28/2016

mary S.

They are a little expensive and I have spent thousands of dollars for them to do underground work; but my plumbing works, so that is good.

Description of Work
They do a good job and Audi is so good. His people skills are really good and he explains everything too.

Jafco Sewer Repair

Jafco Sewer Repair is a Local, Family Owned, Plumbing, Drain Cleaning and Sewer Repair Company. We believe that our Superior Customer Service along with our Best Price Guarantee set us apart. Emergencies can happen at any time, that's why we have Crews Available 24/7 to meet your needs. Some of our Services include: Service Plumbing, Hot Water Tanks, Tankless Hot Water Heaters, Drain Cleaning, Sewer Lining, Pipe Bursting, Main Waterline Repair, Sewer Repair and Replacement, Septic to Sewer Conversions, Camera Inspections, Rooter Services and More! We are a Licensed/Bonded Registered Side Sewer Contractor Servicing the Greater Seattle Area. Give us a Call Today to get your Free Estimate!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Zoom Drain

ZOOM DRAIN is here to service Seattle, WA and its surrounding areas in all its drain and sewer needs. Our team of drain cleaning professionals focus on providing you with safe & proven solutions, fast turnaround times and a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Along with drain cleaning, we provide sewer inspections, sewer repair, sewer replacement, grease trap cleaning, and tree root removal. We serve Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Everett, and beyond. So call ZOOM DRAIN of Seattle now to schedule an appointment now.

Arriaza General Construction LLc

We specialize in remodeling homes. We love to see our customers smile when they see the job finished. We listen to your ideas and we combine that with our 15 years of experience, We know what would look great in your home when it come to remodeling Kitchens, bathrooms, painting, windows, decks, roofing, framing, countertops, laundry rooms etc YES we are licensed, bond and Insured please call us we love to be part of your new project free estimates.

2022 Super Service Award