It’s exciting to start planning your new dream home, but first you need to find the right professional to manage your project. Discover who to hire to build a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Petersburg, VA
There are 20 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Petersburg
- NoVA BuildersIt was exceptional,other company will take long to finish the job than this contractor do, they work hard and fast and if you have question he will show up to answer your question personally, and if you didn't agree about a certain thing he will come and fixed it. the job was excellent
- HIVEX Basement Finishing Co.Hivex was absolutely wonderful to work with. They did a beautiful job finishing our basement. The whole process was easy and stress-free. Hivex was great about communicating with us during each phase of the project. They also did a custom job for us on our bathroom and some under-stairs bookshelving. Both turned out great and we are very pleased with the results. I will hire them again if I move into another house with a basement to finish
- HIVEX Basement Finishing Co.HIVEX by far provides the best value for basement finishing. This is a hard-working, honest company that's very focused on making sure that the customer is pleased. The project manager works with the customer closely to monitor progress and design interests. HIVEX is very accommodating and works hard to meet the timeline they projected for the project. The end product was superb! I highly recommend using this company for your basement finishing needs. Thank you HIVEX
- Paramount Builders Incboth crews did an amazing job, were very friendly and professional. the products they installed were of such great quality that we are even more pleased than expected, and we expected a lot. we would highly recommend either of these crews from paramount. great job all the way around, and our 1888 home looks like new and is very energy efficient now and will surely last a couple hundred more years!!
- HIVEX Basement Finishing Co.Overall, we are very happy with the work that Hivex did to finish/remodel our basement, and the way they treated us throughout the whole process! They are definitely true professionals who allow you to make changes to the plan as it unfolds. They do a good job in terms of responsiveness and communication. I would definitely recommend them to others
- HIVEX Basement Finishing Co.Overall, we are happy with the work that Hivex did to finish/remodel our basement, and the way they treated us throughout the process. They approached all phases with specialized skill - no issues with the quality of work. They were very responsive and communicated the plan well. I definitely recommend them
- HIVEX Basement Finishing Co.They did an outstanding job. From the first visit they were knowledgeable and had great ideas I had not thought of. The project was completed on time and the project manager kept us updated all the way through. The guys that worked in the house were very polite, clean and professional. They are the best
- HIVEX Basement Finishing Co.These guys are like the A team. They come in, make a professional assessment of the situation, then next thing you know the framers, installers etc come in, knock out there jobs and before you know it the job is complete and it looks great. We were very please with the work and the workers who were all courteous. We were especially impressed with the owner Dan Betts. He was the first person we met. He came to our home and give use what I call a personal guarantee. It really was a great experience from the beginning to the end. We highly recommend HIVEX
- E F Yates Construction IncA tree fell on our 20 x 20 ft screened porch.....causing severe damage including a 1 1/4 inch twist....We were assigned E F Yates by our insurance company. Ellwood and his team were amazing. They worked meticulously to put our porch back together which was no easy task given the complexity of the construction and the carpentry skill level required. No one would know the damage had occurred. Recommend Highly
- C L Wright Roofing IncOn the recommendation of a friend I call CL Wright. The price was good and workmanship & cleanup was top notch. Would definitely use again and recommend to others.
House Builders in Petersburg
- Business Description:CLASS A CONTRACTOR#2705102343A--VA. 19 EMPLOYEES ..WE DO MOST OF THE WORK OURSELVES PERSONALLY USING VERY FEW SUBCONTRACTORS ...THE OWNER OF HUFF CONS. IS ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN EVERY PROJECT ...WE CAN BUILD ANY HOUSE OR DO ANY ADDITIONS OR RENOVATIONS YOU DESIRRecent Review:It was a fantastic experience working with Huff construction! Mr Huff was great to work with- excellent communication- always responded within 24hours and kept us informed, beautiful work, all his employees and subcontractors were friendly, professional and skilled. Mr Huff ideas were creative, he made excellent use of dead space within the house to create a better flow and use of space of an older smaller house. We are extremely pleased with the way the house came outJessica T.
- Business Description:We're a woman owned locally operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer a variety of Home Improvement Design services that are customizable to each individual project. We specialize in Kitchen & Bathroom Design and Wood Floor Design, but we also offer a wide range of expertise for a variety of other projects. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to buildi..Recent Review:He was a very good contractor. He did an excellent work. He did a good work.Rachael S.
- Business Description:With 15 years residential and commercial construction experience as a contractor in Chesterfield County, Virginia. We offer drywall installation, roofing, framing, and painting services for both residential and commercial properties. We offer one of the best Warranties in the Industry for Asphalt Shingle Roofs. A 20 year Labor and Material warranty With no Proration, plus the Manufacturer warranty Backed by IKO. Rest assured that in everything we do, we conform to the highest industry standar..Recent Review:A Bit slow but with a good outcome.Dale F.
- Business Description:Robey Inc is a leading drywall, stucco, and roofing specialist with over 30 years of experience serving the DELMARVA area. Robey Inc provides traditional Stucco, drywall, EIFS and manufactured stone walls systems for variety of commercial as well as many satisfied residential customers. Robey Inc is an expert in exterior restoration services for those clients in need of replacing existing exterior wall systemsRecent Review:Wonderfully. We had our Dryvit siding inspected independently looking for other issues and he said the caulk job that Robey did was excellent.Brian K.
- Business Description:Coastal Contracting, Inc provides Central Virginia's premier roofing, window, siding, and general contractor services. From commercial roofing installations through a new, custom built deck for your home, our experienced general contractors can do it allRecent Review:I highly recommend this company! The work was excellent and they were a pleasure to work with rapidly responding to any questions.K I.
- Business Description:Homefix Custom Remodeling has been serving Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, North Carolina and Washington D.C. homeowners since 1990, offering a variety of services that improve the exterior appearance, value and energy efficiency of homes like yours. Our customers enjoy fast installation times, excellent customer service, and a variety of top of the line products that will reduce your home energy usage, improve insulation from outside temperature and noise, and instantly increase ..Recent Review:Quality windows installed by a professional installation crew. Initial consultation was professional, friendly with lots of great info on windows, and recommended window sample I could see and touch. Installation supervisor explained what they were going to do and estimated time; supervisor did outside walk around after and showed how they caulked/sealed; and inside showed me how to work windows for cleaning. Crew worked quickly and efficiently; clearly knew exactly what they were doing! Actually gave me 2 crews since they were a few hours late due to rain delay on previous day’s project! HCR Project manager stopped by to ask how things were going and tell me what to expect after install to get warranty initiated. The windows look and work great. Ver impressed with all aspects of my projectLaurie T.
- Business Description:We are a full service remodeling company specializing in all types of siding, sunrooms, decking, screen rooms, windows, additions, and kitchen and bathroom remodels. We have an A+ rating with the BBB. We have a Class A build Va contractors license. Fully licensed and insured. We have an excellent, polite and respectful workforce. We are a Preferred Remodeler with James Hardie SidingRecent Review:We began soliciting bids for a screen porch to replace our existing deck during the summer of 2019. Juston from Classic Construction was one of several people we met with to get proposals. He did not rush through our initial meeting (as others did), taking his time to explain various options and making recommendations based on his experience. We initially thought we could use our existing deck framing as a base for the screen porch; other companies went along with that scenario but Juston said there were too many unknowns with the condition of the structure. He preferred to bid the job including new framing, and his bid was competitive with others that planned to use the existing framing. He was very prompt in getting us the quote, which was more detailed than the majority of the bids we received. When we had questions regarding the quote he offered to come back for another in person meeting, bringing samples of all of the materials he proposed. We delayed our decision for several months, but ultimately our experience with Juston, coupled with the many positive reviews we read regarding Classic, led us to award them the job. Our job was assigned to Brent and his crew, who are extremely skilled and professional. We were impressed with their daily progress; they completed the job in ten work days. They arrived each morning around 8:00 AM, and worked diligently throughout the day. Brent was patient with my frequent questions, and he offered suggestions that improved the final product. The quality of the workmanship is impeccable, and the materials used (Wolf PVC decking, RDI Endurance Vinyl Railing, Screen Tight screen framing with Bettervue Screen, Provia Screen Door, Velux Skylights) are top notch. For anyone looking to build a screen porch, we whole-heartedly recommend Classic Construction. From the sales process, through construction to the finished product, we were pleased every step of the wayRobert R.
- Business Description:Credit cards are accepted for the purchase of materials. Additional contact name - Charles Wright. Family owned & operated. If you would like to message us, please email us directly at email@example.com as the Angie's List message center is not working for us at this time. Thank you! Award winning. Additional DBA - Ventilation Installations & Specialty MetalsRecent Review:Everything went as scheduled. Great communication and response. Quality workmanship.Ansley G.
- Business Description:Screened porches, decks, replacement windows, siding, roofing and gutter shutter. We were inducted into the Remodeling BIG50 as of of the nations' top remodelers. We have an A+ BBB rating. Give us a call at 804-346-3300 or go to www.bnwbuilders.com and check out our workRecent Review:I never put much stock into lifetime warranties until now! BNW came out within one day of my calling to report a piece of my gutter got blown off. Gerald was wonderful, explained to me that i needed to clean the outside of my gutters for best performance. He repaired the piece in a few minutes. Thanks to a great company that stood behind its warrantyGerald M.
- Business Description:Ballard Mensua Architecture, led by Seth Ballard, NCARB, AIA, is a boutique architecture firm with a focus on creating truly custom designs and solutions for our clients. We have very strong vendor and contractor relationships, a result of our detailed understanding of construction. Unlike many architects, who like to design and then hand over control to the builder, Ballard Mensua maintains control of management of the project throughout construction. We have a unique cost-study process that..Recent Review:We just finished a spectacular custom home project in McLean, VA and we are so very grateful to Seth Ballard and his team! If you are considering hiring his firm, look no further. There can be no better architect in the DC/VA/MD area – and his pricing is more than fair. We first picked Seth because we loved his architectural style and heard that he had a reputation for ensuring that his plans are executed with impeccable precision and attention to quality. Also, his references were stellar….without exception, his former clients offered glowing praise for his talent, diligence, and follow-through. And now that we are former clients, we understand why. We always knew we were going to have a gem of a home with Seth at the helm. What we did not fully appreciate at the beginning was his proven ability to help us STAY ON BUDGET and his deep bench of connections with first-rate contractors and subcontractors who were prepared to bend over backward to meet Seth’s exacting standards. Here are just a few highlights from our experience: CONCEPT PHASE: During the initial meetings at our home, Seth went the extra mile to learn all about our lifestyle, future needs, architectural likes/dislikes, and budget. During this stage of the process, he would effortlessly make freehand drawings to help us visualize potential styles and layouts. We ultimately elected to go with a craftsman design, with lots of wood features inside and out. PICKING THE RIGHT PROPERTY: Seth joined us for car rides through the local neighborhoods, helping us to scout out the property that was best suited for our construction plans – free of any potential HOA or permitting snafus. DESIGN: With Seth’s guidance, we iterated on different design options. The design phase was high-tech and highly visual. Lots of 2D and 3D elevations, plus 360-degree videos. At each step, Seth clearly identified the estimated construction cost, and we would make decisions about what to dial-up and what to dial-down. For example, we elected to go with a cheaper asphalt roof (rather than slate), but with a more premium window. There were literally dozens of choices like that, and Seth did a superb job of helping us to make the right trade-offs and to “value engineer” the house. PICKING THE RIGHT CONTRACTOR AND SUBS: One of the things that distinguishes Seth from the competition is that he works closely with a handful of contractors and subcontractors who have already been “pre-screened” for excellence. Seth connected us with a general contractor who was not only honest and diligent, but whose carpentry was truly “artisan grade.” Seth also drew upon a stable of outstanding subcontractors – in areas such as HVAC/plumbing, electrical/lighting, structural engineering, cabinetry, tile, drywall/paint, countertops, hardwood flooring, landscaping, etc. It was perfectly clear that these subs were striving to deliver the highest quality and exemplary service. Why? Because Seth was an important source of repeat business for them. This made them extremely responsive. BUDGETING: Seth developed detailed spreadsheets estimating costs for every aspect of the project, as well as options for “enhancements.” Once we made our choices, he was instrumental in securing a FLAT FEE CONTRACT with the builder (inclusive of subs) for everything we wanted. To provide even more control over the cost, the agreement specified that certain items would be “owner provided, contractor installed.” This meant that, regardless of whether we bought pricey appliances or tile or flooring, it would have no impact of the builder’s fees. To his credit, Seth’s estimates were quite accurate, and the project stayed on budget. ARCHITECT FEES: We negotiated a flat fee for Seth’s architectural services, and got way more than we bargained for. We had no idea Seth would stay so engaged throughout the project -- micromanaging every detail, and even offering interior design suggestions (e.g., stains and paints, cabinet and window designs, furniture layouts, etc.). It became clear that, regardless of how much we had agreed to pay in fees, Seth was “all in,” and was committed to ensuring that the end result was perfection. To be sure, in any large construction project, there will be some hiccups. But this was yet another area where Seth shined. Rather than being indifferent, or pointing the finger at those who were actually at fault, he would step up to “own the problem” and take charge until the issue was resolved. In one such case, he developed a design tweak that saved us money and produced a more beautiful result in the process. We never had to stress too much, because we knew Seth was 100% engaged and we could trust that the final work product would be a treasure of a home. One final thought. While Seth’s tremendous talent is obviously perfect for large custom projects, we have no doubt that he can deliver outstanding value for smaller home renovations too. When we did kitchen/bath renovations in our prior home, we naively thought that a “design-and-build” firm would deliver the best solution. With the benefit of hindsight, we could have done so much better hiring Seth as the independent architect and separately hiring a builder who would be accountable to the architect. The result would have been better quality construction, a better value, and far less stress. So whether you are about to embark on a modest remodel or getting ready to “dream big” with a new custom home, look no further than Ballard Mensua Architecturejack l.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
A-frame homes have many benefits, but there are drawbacks to keep in mind if you decide to build one. Find out everything you need to know about A-frame houses.
Compare all the pros and cons of building a new home versus buying an existing one, including price differences, maintenance costs, energy efficiency, and more.
Find home builders in
home builders in Petersburg
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Able Insurance9103 Quioccasin Rd
- Abrahamse & Company Builders1020 Linden Ave.
- Absolute Construction 11222 Ascot Cir
- Acme Construction Services LLC4703 E. Caryhurst Rd
- AJ Pitman Construction2231 Autumn Oaks Ln
- AK Homes2140 Haleford ct.
- All About Construction LLCPO Box 11042
- all american constuction2231 stratford road
- Alliance Construction Company310 E Broad St.
- allphase home repair and improvements9741 Fordwych Dr
- American Roof Systems26052 blackhead signpost rd.
- American Specialty Construction, LLC5607 Indigo Rd
- ANK Granite LLC17 S Mulberry St
- Anytime Handyman Service, LLC20250 Beaver Dam Rd
- Archetype Builders10908 Courthouse Rd. Suite 102-230
- Art Saffelle General Contractor LLC1729 Buck Mountain Rd
- Able Insurance
- B&D Construction602 Clay St
- Backbone Construction11304 Setzer Rd
Stony Creek, Virginia
- Ballard & Mensua Architecture5185 MacArthur Blvd #370 Ste 312
Washington, District Of Columbia
- BAZ Construction8 Raines Ave
- Bedrock Foundation Systems IncPO Box 61691
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- BENNETT CONSTRUCTION CO1509 MAPLE ST STE C
- Berriers All Around Home Medic LLC68 Edmonds Rd
- Best Tile - Richmond7490 W Broad Street
- BK Martin Inc199 River Rd W
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
- Black Top Sealing1904 Capeway Rd
- Blue Ridge Heart Pine Floors931 Deerfield Rd.
- BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAIN PROPERTY PERSERVATION SERVICES2854 ASKA RD.
Blue Ridge, Georgia
- BNW Builders8601 Staples Mill Rd.
- BODDE CONSTRUCTION CO INC12251 YOWELL RD
- BON AIR CRAFTSMAN LLC1806 BUFORD RD
- BOSE CONSTRUCTION CO., LLC10221 Krause Rd #2753
- BRUCE CONSTRUCTION15813 GARY AVE
- Building Management Services400 Turner Rd
- Built Right Homes and Remodeling LLC426 Dorset Dr
Ruther Glen, Virginia
- B&D Construction
- C & L Consulting Services7425 Lexington Drive
- C & R Custom Framing CLASS A Builders4428 Shepherds Road
- C L Wright Roofing Inc801 Grove Rd
- C S FLOURNOY INC5721 CHAMBERLAYNE RD
- C&T Builders Inc.13362 Farrington Road
- C. E. Gene Comer General Contractor, LLC1180 Loftis Rd
South Boston, Virginia
- Candler Construction Company, Inc.14257 Independence Rd
- CAPITOL BUILDERS, INC.14341 Sommerville Court
- CarpenTech Remodeling L.L.C.9117 Peace Mill Place
Glen Allen, Virginia
- Chesterfield Interior Solutions Inc.14701 Nash Rd
- CHICK'S GENERAL CONTRACTINGPO Box 2316
- Childress Construction4463 Mechanicsville Turnpike
- Classic Construction Exteriors11622 Busy St
- Clay West - Handyman3931 RoundHill Drive
- Coastal Builders,Inc.146 Bay Dr.
White Stone, Virginia
- Coastal Contracting of VA4908 F Dominion Blvd
Glen Allen, Virginia
- COLDWELL BANKER415C South St
Front Royal, Virginia
- Coldwell Banker Premier Properties1682 S Pleasant Valley Road
- Collawn Construction Co.8401 Mayland Dr Suite F
- Commonwealth Home Improvements Inc21870 Courthouse Rd
- Competence Inc111 John Tyler Memorial Hwy
- Covenant woods7090 Covenant Woods Dr
- Coyner Construction13281 Rivers Bend Blvd suite 201
- CREATIVE CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING13609 Winterberry Ridge Road
- Creative Construction and Home Improvement6906 Chelton Rd.
- Creative Construction and Remodeling of VA, LLC13609 Winterberry Rdg
- Crestwood Construction Company12621 Wilfong Drive
- Croxton's Inc13805 Village Mill Dr Ste 103
- CSP Contracting Inc4925 Laudeen Dr
- Curmar Contracting, LLC5118 boscobel ave
- Cut-Right Construction LLC106 Hidden Lane
- C & L Consulting Services
- D&G Home Improvement23321 Triple Crown Dr
- DAN R. CLARY CONSTRUCTION309 Gasburg Road
White Plains, Virginia
- Dan's Backhoe Service, Inc.4280 Tatum Road
- David Edwards Custom BuilderPO Box 669
Prince George, Virginia
- Ddp Construction Inc13225 Nandua Rd
- DEH Construction Company15350 Two House Lane
- Dino's Contracting Services, LLC1916 Wrens Nest Rd
- DLW Construction10724 Timonium Dr
- Dodson & DodsonP.O. Box 6141
- Dominion Building Components68 Cool Spring Rd
- Dominion Homes and Remodeling, Inc.P.O. Box 471
- Dominion Pressure Wash2607 Lincoln Ave
- DPG Construction, LLC1601 Lake Randolph Drive
- Dr. Tom, LLC.18140 Shumans Rd
Ruther Glen, Virginia
- DTC Const.inc.12371 Winns Church Rd
Glen Allen, Virginia
- Dunn Construction1386 Bartlett Rd
- Dynabilt TechnologiesPO Box 726
- Dzinbild14980 Davis Rd
Church Road, Virginia
- D&G Home Improvement
- E F Yates Construction Inc209 Arcadia St
- E Pendleton Construction Inc2406 Arrowood Rd
- E T MOORE MFG INC3100 N HOPKINS RD 101
- Elite Builders LLC158 Tammy Dr
White Stone, Virginia
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Evans Construction Inc.1700 East Old Williamsburg Road PO Box 159
- Exceptional Construction and Painting, LLC7563 Sambar Rd
- Expert House Movers4556 Blackwater Rd
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Exterior Source12701 Oak Lake Trl
- Extreme-Expressions1255 Dana Ln
Colonial Heights, Virginia
- E F Yates Construction Inc
- Farmers Home Improvements10803 Cople Hwy
- Ferguson Mechanical, LLC4700 Brookridge Rd
- Finer Homes Inc.15200 Willow Hill Ln
- First Home Mortgage Corporation1 Parkwest Circle Ste 208
- FMJ & Son13730 Duxton Dr
- Farmers Home Improvements