Homelink

Founded 2006 • With Angi since December 2006

14241 Midlothian Tpke Ste134

Midlothian, VA 23113

Homelink partners with design savvy homeowners to create magazine worthy kitchens and bathrooms. If you're overwhelmed with choices and longing to quiet the voice in your head, whispering that your outdated space needs to change, we can help. We'll guide you through the process, from selecting high quality products, to completion. Put your concerns on our shoulders, breathe a sigh of relief, and let us support you in creating the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Homelink is also happy to offer individual services such as painting, carpentry, decks and porches. We have had the pleasure of working in most neighborhoods in the Richmond area including The Fan, Church Hill, River Road, Grove and Libbie, Mooreland Farms, Salisbury, Stonehenge and Rosemont, just to name a few. Homelink is highly rated with the Better Business Bureau, a member of the National Kitchen and Bath Association and belongs to the Chesterfield County Chamber of Commerce. We are very proud of our high ratings on Angie's List and would love to meet with you to provide a complimentary estimate and learn more about your projects or updates. Feel free to visit our project gallery online, at homelinkamerica.com....

10/24/2016

Scott W.

Our family has been highly satisfied with Homelink, both in the quality of their work and in their personal and responsive customer service. The ladies do a fantastic job cleaning our house. They are both thorough and efficient in their work, and having them clean has been such a help to our family. We would absolutely recommend Homelink for housecleaning services!

Description of Work
A team of ladies from Homelink has been faithfully cleaning our home every other week for several months.

Category house cleaning

05/25/2016

tom G.

Took longer than expected but went well.

Description of Work
Complete Kitchen redo including knocking out a wall. Also refinished wood floors to match throughout main floor. New cabinets and appliances.

02/06/2016

ellen K.

Fabulous. I wish you had higher marks than an A. I believe their work is definitely an A++. Bill Maslink provided an outstanding experience from contract to conclusion. Scott Messe, job manager literally provided day to day communication, scheduling and solutions. we never felt insecure in abilities of trades -plumbers, electricians, carpenters, cabinet makers, etc. Each trade arrived on the scheduled day ttimely, did their work plus cleaned up afterward, And, Scott met them at the house before, during or immediately after. He also got the job done a week earlier than expected. We are retired professionals having relocated several times during our careers. We interviewed a handful of contractors but none checked all our boxes. Homelike did! With our experience in building and/or remodeling a total of seven homes, we knew what to look for in a contractor. Homelink ranks #1 in all aspects.

Description of Work
remodel 20 yr old kitchen

Category custom cabinets, contractors, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Our thanks for a very nice review. You were so nice to work with and the kitchen turned out fabulous!

12/26/2015

Michael R.

The receptionist Chantalle was awesome and Dan the lead serviceman was a super-nice guy. They fixed everything quick and were great to deal with - I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Plumbing and gas work

Category plumbing, home remodeling

11/10/2015

j W.

We didn't hear from them after the visit. I can't say Yes or No to whether I'd use them in the future - there should be a Maybe option. I'd love to get an estimate as they come well-recommended from a friend. UPDATE: after several contacts asking for an estimate and being promised one each time, I've given up.

Description of Work
Viewed the job and let us know they'd send an estimate

Category home remodeling

Thanks for the review. We have made contact with the client and have furnished a preliminary scope and budget range estimate after several renditions and changes to their scope. We are in communication with the client on whether to move forward with project and look forward to working with them.

10/22/2015

tom G.

Demo bathroom to studs and build back up to a full remodel. On time, on schedule and no hassle. They kept the construction dust to a min also.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

[Member Name Removed] , thanks so much for taking the time to review our company and your bathroom remodel project. We love to hear that customers are happy with our efforts, and most especially, the results! We look forward to working with you on future projects. Thank you for choosing Homelink!

09/30/2015

Catharyn O.

They were fine. The structure of the business is just not how I generally prefer.

Description of Work
We had them do the front door and some shutters.

Category doors

08/05/2015

Kathy B.

First it took a week to get a response from the floor person that I was told would get back to me. After a week I had called back to see what was taking so long. I explained my situation and told her I needed someone who could pull up my subflooring to see what was going on. Instead she scheduled an appointment to come by the house without someone who could do that. She had a negative attitude and wasted my time.

Description of Work
I was trying to get their advice for subflooring issue we were having. Didn't even get to the point of an estimate because of the woman's attitude.

Category contractors

My apologies for this miscommunication. Typically it is not standard practice to bring a laborer on a sales appointment to produce an estimate.

07/14/2015

Sandra P.

The subcontractor was fantastic! Smart Wire 360 - I recommend highly. Homelink, however, did not call me back when indicated, and the original scheduled date was not found on their books. The rate came in higher than quoted, also. Either they were having a very bad week, or they are very disorganized.

Description of Work
Scheduled a subcontractor.

Category electrician

Thanks for the feedback. A little confusion here on the report. The electrical contractor, Smart Wire 360, is the actual subcontractor that Homelink uses for electrical work and made contact with the client and scheduled the work. Not sure of the "the rate came in higher than quoted", sounds like the client was very satisfied with the work from our subcontractor! The rating is not consistent with the outcome. Thanks!

07/08/2015

Tammy D.

I called Home Link based on AngiesList's grade & because they had good reviews. Most other contractors I called wanted to come right away or within a day or two. Home Link works differently, there process is: 1. You call the office 2. They leave a message for a Project Manager 3. He will email or call you to set up the appointment (maybe a day or two later) The project manager came out and looked around and discussed the project with us. He was punctual on that day and professional (why I ranked it high on these). We told him we needed an estimate rather quickly and he said he would get one out to me the following week. When I did not receive it, I sent an email to remind him and let him know that we HAD to make a decision by the next day or at latest, that Friday, and really needed the estimate please (I was not mean, just matter of fact). I received NO Reply at all from him. It is now a week later and we have made our decision, however, I feel we could have made the decision a week earlier had I known they had no intention of providing an estimate. We waited, b/c Home Link said they would provide an estimate, but they did not. It is a rather large project, so I am surprised that they did not bid on it. I was very disappointed in the outcome with Home Link and expected at least an email reply. This is why my rating is low.

Description of Work
He was suppose to provide an estimate for a rather large addition we need to build.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for you message and review. We did have significant communication with the client concerning the project and did respond with a preliminary budget range; however, without plans and defined scope, difficult for most contractors to present an immediate estimate as client requested. Our response is listed below: Good morning [Member Name Removed]- Let me apologize for the delay in responding to you within your time frame. I was out of town for several days and did not have access to email or phone. I realize time has passed and you may have made your decision on a contractor. I did want to follow up with you in case you are still in the reviewing process. All contractors work differently. For us, I would need to have a set of plans in order to give you an accurate quote on the job. Too many variables for me not to. Things such as window size/style, how many windows/doors, door size, bathroom fixtures, flooring type, etc. The county and your homeowner association will require plans. Just going off notes, I would expect the quote to be in the range of 80K-100K including HVAC and deck. If you are still in need of some assistance, I can get you contact info for our designer/archictect who does all our drawings. He would come to your home to review what you want and to take measurements. He will email you several options including some finishing touches on the inside so you can get a good idea of what the finished space would look like. Let me know if I can do anything for you. Have a good day. Scott Messe Project Manager, Homelink Remodeling

06/11/2015

Scott H.

Homelink was extremely professional and provided high quality results on a tough job to blend flooring colors on an existing hardwood floor. Perfect !!

Description of Work
Repaired sections of hardwood flooring , matched colors

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, home remodeling

We are always pleased to hear from our satisfied clients. Thank you!

05/17/2015

Anita B.

Excellent ~ done with materials so this will not be an annual repair event.

Description of Work
Repair of outside carpentry to bay window and French doors.

Category replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

We are so pleased you are happy with our services. Thank you for the positive response!

04/05/2015

William J.

Generally the work was well done and completed in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Provider removed existing ceramic tiles from kitchen and morning and replaced with pre-finished hardwood, and installed crown molder in master bedroom.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Thank you for your kind words, happy to help! Hope you are enjoying your new home!

01/27/2015

Barbara U.

We highly recommend Homelink and would use them again. Scott Meese is very knowledgeable and worked closely with us to develop our updated kitchen and one of a kind kitchen island at an affordable price.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category home remodeling

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review Homelink's Remodeling work and are pleased you are happy with your new kitchen!

01/06/2015

Kimberly G.

First, all the bids took a painfully long time to obtain (in one instance, over 5 weeks). During the time I waited, I had to repeatedly call the office as well as the Homelink carpenter in order to remind the company that I still was waiting for them. Regarding the entry door, I was sent to the supplier myself -- quite a distance away -- to find what I wanted. The bids were astronomically high! Homelink came in over double the cost of what I ultimately paid to others. (Note that the other companies that I chose to hire did wonderful work.) I will never approach Homelink again. The website touts "one stop shopping." And so it is, particularly if you're looking to deplete all your dollars in one fell swoop. (Note: I've wrestled writing this review for some time, preferring to praise providers rather than censure. But given the amount of time wasted, and the astronomical estimates, it seemed inherently wrong not to warn other Angie's List members.)

Description of Work
Sent me assorted bids on various requests that I had made for assorted job including 3 different doors plus door install; tile work on bathroom floor and carpentry regarding the doors and the front entry slate.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, doors

We take each Angie’s list report seriously and did some research in response to this report with the unusually low score for Homelink. It looks like the customer called our office on 8/28/14 and an estimate for the tile work was emailed on 9/11/14; an estimate for the carpentry was emailed on 9/16/14, approximately two weeks after the initial call. Regarding being sent to our door supplier, the door the customer wanted was very expensive so our carpenter offered two options and one was to visit a trusted and local showroom. (It is typical to allow our clients the opportunity to make door/window selections in a showroom to get the features they want, especially if the product is higher end.) As always, we pride ourselves on quoting quality work at fair prices. We apologize if this client’s displeasure resulted from any miscommunication or process. A typical Homelink customer’s experience has been very favorable in the past, as seen in the numerous top grades we receive. Thank you.

01/01/2015

Patrick S.

Bill was prompt in scheduling Sandy, Homelink's Carpenter, to visit our home, conduct a thorough walk around our home identifying work to be performed, and providing a proposal. Sandy is one of the friendliest, honest, professional, and capable carpenters we've ever experienced. We are very pleased with the work that Sandy and Homelink performed.

Description of Work
Performed carpentry work on exterior of home and on deck in preparation of painting to be completed by another painting contractor.

Category contractors, home remodeling

We appreciate this very much and are very proud of Sandy and his professionalism and dedication to his skill.

12/25/2014

Barbara B.

The owner arrived on time but the lock we had purchased would not work on our new front door. He suggested we purchase the correct size lock and he would come back to install it. We did and he was able to install it with no problem. He was very efficient and professional. We will use this company again without hesitation. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Installed new locks on two doors.

Category home remodeling, doors

We are glad you are pleased with our services and look forward to helping you again! Happy New Year!

12/17/2014

Jackie G.

I liked him. He seems like a really good guy so I would give him a good rating. I like the way he came out in to my home, he's a very nice gentleman and he's trustworthy. I like the estimate that they gave. I just haven't done anything yet because it's close to Christmas time. The price was reasonable. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
He's going to try and do some of work for the house. He came in and does some estimate for remodeling.

Category remodeling

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Homelink. We hope that we will be able to assist you in the near future with your home maintenance needs! Happy Holidays!

11/18/2014

Robert C.

The project was professionally supervised by Scott Messe who was a real joy to work with from start to finish. Every phase of the project including demo, plumbing, electrical, tile, carpentry work and cleanup was closely supervised by Scott. HomeLink was able to meet our budgetary goal and tight completion schedule requirements. The end product is a beautiful modern master bathroom that we are very proud of and which has become the envy our our neighbors. Job well done HomeLink and thank you. Would we choose HomeLink again for any future projects? Yes, without hesitation.

Description of Work
HomeLink performed a total makeover of our twenty year-old master bathroom, removing the old tile, Jacuzzi, shower, toilet, vanity and sinks, and replacing them with modern tub, shower, tile, and accessories we chose from local suppliers recommended by HomeLink. Changes in ceiling lighting, ventilation, and the addition of under floor radiant heating layout were also included in the effort.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, pool cleaners, remodeling, roofing, woodworking, home remodeling

We are delighted you were so pleased with not only your finished product but our Project Manager, Scott Messe, as well. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Enjoy your new bathroom! We look forward to helping you in the future!

10/24/2014

Angie B.

My husband and I were in search for a project manager to handle a couple of projects around our house, and I saw what great reviews Homelink had received on Angies List so we decided to reach out to them. I wrote Homelink a message on Angie's List asking if they could complete these projects. I received an automatic message reply 3 days later that said they would contact me shortly and finally heard from someone at Homelink 6 days after that. Other companies that I've worked with have reached out to me within about 2-3 days, but it took me 9 days to actually speak to someone at Homelink--not a very timely response in my book. One of their project managers, Scott, came to our house to check out the projects. He also brought a plumber to give us an estimate on installing the gas line and switching out the electric stove to gas. Both Scott and the plumber looked at the stove and discussed the details of the project. We decided to go with Homelink to do this project so we set up an appointment with the plumber to complete the work. When he finished running the gas line and was installing the new gas stove, the plumber asked us when the electrician would be there. I stated that I did not know we needed an electrician and he said that anytime you switch an electric stove to gas you have to switch the electrical outlet. After doing research online I realize that anyone who has ever been involved with or knows anything about electric to gas stove top conversion would know that this is a required step when completing this project. I then called Scott asking about the electrician and the conversation with him was unprofessional and condescending. Scott stated he did not set one up because he did not know we needed one and if we wanted his help in getting one that would be an additional two hundred dollars. He talked in a roundabout way first saying that he did not know we needed to change the outlet and then mentioned that for all he knew we had a friend completing that part. He tried blaming me saying that I did not tell him I needed an electrician... I should not have to. I asked to switch an electric stove to gas in my original message on Angies List and I feel that as a project manager who is supposed to be overseeing ALL aspects of this job, Scott should have known about having to switch the outlet and he should have brought this to our attention. We wanted a project manager to oversee these jobs because we don't know what all is involved in these projects. It is HIS job to understand all aspects of the project and then coordinate all parties involved to get the job done. He only coordinated half the project and now we are stuck with a gas stove the we have to light with a match. When I told Scott that I wasn't happy with this customer service as he was taking no accountability for the mistake, he referred me to Angie's List to read the great customers reviews they have. How about I'm a current customer and he should be concerned with my viewpoint of their customer service. This happened back in July and its now October and we still have not gotten this resolved. My husband and I reached out to Scott trying to get this resolved and after telling us he would look into it, we never heard back from him. He ignored our calls and wouldn't call us back so we eventually reached out to his boss but he was with Scott at the time and just took his side. I definitely wouldn't recommend using this company to coordinate your projects because they do not know how to be effective project managers.

Description of Work
We hired Homelink, a project managing company, to coordinate and manage the job of switching our electric stove top to gas. But due to their oversight and unwillingness to work with us to correct the issue, the job is still not finished and its been 4 months.

Category electrician, plumbing, home remodeling

We received a “one trade only” request for a plumber to install a gas line for a new range. In the estimate provided, it clearly states that we were performing plumbing services, not electrical services. The estimator did not look at the stove as the request was not to install the stove, but to install a gas line to their stove. The price we provided was competitive for the installation of a gas line and the customer chose to go with us. Our technician removed the existing stove, positioned the new unit and made the gas connection. Later, when the customer realized he had not requested the stove be installed, as a courtesy, Homelink offered to provide electrical services, at cost, which was declined. Had it been requested to “install stove and gas line” we would have been happy to quote and supply both services. At Homelink, we offer individual services (electrical, plumbing, painting, etc.) as well as project management for larger projects (additions, bath and kitchen remodels, etc.) which require service from several professionals. Most customers prefer to hire us to do the entire job for their own convenience, but some decide to manage the project themselves. We work hard to please all of our customers and are sorry this customer experienced frustrations with their project.

08/04/2014

Arthur M.

We probably won't do work with them again. It took way longer than what they estimated that it would take. They left all these boxes in our garage for a long period of time. They didn't keep up with some of the material that they had to put back. They had to replace them. It didn't look quite the same like the way it looked before. They have to change it in the middle of it because they did an estimate and they couldn't remove or put in one of the pieces that has to go with the tub and the bathroom through our doors. They estimated wrong on that so they have to change some of that material and I don't think there were any costs otherwise to speak of so that's a positive and another positive were that there were two or three things that went wrong with the house while they were doing it but that didn't relate to them. Since they were there, we got them to fix it and they were cooperative to do that, so that was good. I could say that is a positive, but it's just taking way way too long and not being able to foretell that the piece that they wanted to order wouldn't go through our doors and they have to give us another.

Description of Work
We did work with them. They came out in January. It was two bathrooms.

Category home remodeling

We appreciate the kind words as well as the time the [member name remove] took to comment on their project because as always, Homelink wants to leave our customers completely satisfied and if it is otherwise, we want to know. In addressing the time frame, this job may have seemed to take longer than the [member name remove] anticipated, but the goal from the outset, as established by the [member name remove], was to complete the remodeling prior to the wedding, which is what we did. The biggest hold up on the job was that when we removed the old tub / shower unit, the unit had a top enclosure that was hiding a lack of sheet rock in the ceiling. We had to schedule sheet rock to be installed which set the schedule back approximately one week. We tried very hard to work with the [member name remove] to seek final approval on several selections as the job progressed. The extra jobs that we were asked to do for them also added to the overall time frame. Homelink made additional repairs for the client, helped with their selections and did a thorough and final walk through at which time Mr. [member name remove] signed off on completion and stated that he was satisfied with the job. Homelink was in constant contact with the [member name remove] and they never once mentioned any issues with the time frame, only to have the job completed by the wedding. We were diligent in addressing any concerns they had and did not leave anything undone. Again, thank you to the [member name remove]for the business and the input.

04/21/2014

kevin M.

I was emailing and speaking with Kelly in February. She was great - courteous, responsive, and knowledgeable. She provided pricing to replace the shower stall. The price was $5,000. I gathered some other prices and called Kelly back to move to the next phase and have someone visit. Kelly didn't answer, but the phone rang and rang and finally was picked up by someone (Bill?.) He said he would have one of his project managers call me the next day and arrange a time. No word for 2 weeks. I called back. I believe I spoke to Bill again who apologized and said he would really have a project manager call me this time. The next day Scott called and we agreed on meeting time of 3/26. I reviewed the shower stall work with him and asked him to add the vanity and toilet replacement into the final estimate. I haven't heard from Scott since. I'm done with HomeLink. Kelly was great, but after that the grade has been a big zero. If they don't want my job/money why don't they just tell me that up front?

Description of Work
I was trying to have a shower stall replaced. A vanity and toilet replacement was also in the conversation.

Category house cleaning, home remodeling

Thank you for the feedback. It came as quite a surprise to us, until we realized we did drop the ball on this follow up to the estimate we provided. Scott called [Member Name] and apologized for the oversight. It's no excuse to be so busy that we overlook a new lead, but unfortunately that is what happened. Homelink offered to make it right as soon as we saw this review. The client called back to say he appreciated our reaching out to him.

04/09/2014

Dale B.

Throughout the entire process -- which took a few weeks due to the nature of the work being done -- Bill was unfailingly courteous, responsive and attentive. All those who came to my home were professional in their demeanor and knew exactly what they were doing. In addition, I believe Homelink's pricing is very fair and reasonable; I received quotes from two other companies and Homelink's estimate was right on target. Finally, the end result speaks for itself. We are very pleased with how everything turned out.

Description of Work
Conversion of downstairs room to formal bedroom; installation of kitchen back splash; installation of shower door; electrical; painting; smaller odds and ends.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, house cleaning, remodeling, interior painters, doors

We greatly appreciate the time you took to review Homelink on Angie's List. Thank you for your business and we are glad you had such a positive experience!

04/04/2014

Pamela J.

We chose another contractor for these renovations therefore no work was performed by Homelink. Kelly Naughton was very pleasant, helpful, and professional during this process and answered all our questions clearly and in a timely manner. We will keep Homelink in mind for future services and sincerely appreciate their assistance.

Description of Work
Homelink provided us with a detailed estimate to fully update/renovate our master bathroom, reface or replace our kitchen cabinets, and install new flooring in the kitchen, garage landing, laundry room and half bath.

Category flooring contractor, home remodeling

Thank you so much for your kind words. Kelly enjoyed meeting both of you and would love to work with you in the future.

02/28/2014

Donna G.

These guy were Fantastic and the price bet any one I had called well never use any one else

Description of Work
Fixed My Porches

Category contractors, home remodeling, house painters