Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Concord, VA
There are 3 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Concord
- Mark Home RepairMark responded to my phone request promptly. He was very conscientious and paid attention to details. He also offered helpful solutions to maintain the integrity of the porch I needed repaired.
- RIGHT ANGLE CARPENTRYSuperb. Doug and his team were professional and produced a top quality job. Before starting, he provided a detailed and fair estimate and schedule.Then he executed to plan at the agreed upon price and schedule. Doug is not only a fine contractor, he has great integrity and will insure the job is done right. In addition, he is a USMC veteran and demonstrates discipled, principled leadership
- Knott's HandyworkRyan did a fantastic job. He was on time and very professional. He completed the work quickly, and it looks great.
- Mark Home RepairMy mother lives in a home that hasn't had maintenance on it for years! Mark came in to do some smaller projects for me. The house had a 60 year old toilet in it which I wanted replaced. When you take on a project like that it requires knowledge and proper parts to make old fit new. I just shook my head when he removed the old toilet thinking this will never work. He got it done and it works perfectly. It is difficult to find someone just to do the small jobs now days...they are all about the big money. You call and they either don't show up or don't call. I believe there is no project too big or small for Mark. He has been a lifesaver. I am going to keep him busy and I hope others will as wel
- Knott's HandyworkMr. Knott did not do the work, because of our tight time frame, but he gave us the advice we needed to get the job done properly. I am very grateful to him for that.
- Dollman Construction, IncIn early 2014, I moved to Bedford county from Maryland and purchased an older house. I needed some major work done and was unfamiliar with any contractors in the area. I consulted the yellow pages and found Dollman Construction. I called them to evaluate the project and requested an estimate. Mr. Dollman met with me at the job site and we reviewed my needs. I purchased a 36x30 steel building in February, but needed a contractor to erect the building. Not only was the building erection needed, but this job required foundation drawings, removal of several large trees, excavation of the site, building approval and permit by the county for the design of the building and accompanying lot, as well as insulation and electrical work which were not originally included in the plans. Mr. Dollman's company was able to work with my needs as changes in the plans indicated. All work was completed by Dollman Construction, from the foundation for the building to completing the parking lot outside the garage. The building was quickly and professionally erected, with concrete pads and extra large garage doors. The house we purchased had significant water damage by a door off the side of the house. Construction of a new porch area and repair of the damage was next. The company built a new porch and now this is my favorite entrance and exit into the house. The carpenters made improvements to the area so no new water damage would occur in the future. The roof was twenty years old, and needed to be replaced. Mr. Dollman's company was fast and efficient replacing the roof. A steep A-frame house with skylights over a sunroom and edges which overlooked a steep incline with nowhere to deposit the old shingles presented a significant challenge to the roofers. The roofers were able to finish the job in ONE day, including clean up of the area. Great care was take to avoid damage from the workers to any structures or landscaping plants. The onsite supervisor of the work crews is knowledgeable and always available for questions and concerns. The cost of this work was around ninety thousand dollars, but the work is professional and the employees are polite and conscientious. I am quite pleased with Dollman Construction and have already spoken to Mr. Dollman regarding other projects I need to complete. I could not be happier with the work completed and highly recommend Dollman Construction to anyone looking for a contractor. On another note, the point of contact in the office is Crystal. She is very polite, friendly and dependable. A rare gem. Kudos to Dollman Construction
- JTF Renewable Design & BuildThis provider came in to fix and finish a floor install after we let another contractor go due to a number of factors. Jason came in, did what he said he was going to do in the time he said he was going to do it, gave us a fair price, and left us with high quality work. This is our second experience with him and we would hire him again in a heartbeat
- WEV ConstructionThey were quick to give me a quote on the job and put the quote in writing. They were able to work my job into thier schedule and they did the job when promised. They did a quality job at a fair price and they actually did the job for a little less than estimated. I would recommend this company if you need any type of home construction or remodeling. We plan to use them in the near future when we do our addition and porches
- Knott's HandyworkExcellent work, on time as agreed, excellent carpentry knowledge and a very hard worker. No cons at all.
- Stanley Contractors LLCChris came and gave me a very reasonable quote for all the work. He wanted to get started right away and they showed up as planned. Chris subcontracted out to A-1 Roofing out of NC owned by Terry Heffner. His guys showed up and got right to work. Everything was going great until the workers had to go back to NC to start another job. They would return in 2 weeks once the bamboo we ordered came in. I sent a text message on 8/9/15 to Chris asking for verification that they would be coming the next day but no answer. I then sent an email but no response. The next morning I have an email from Chris stating he has lost his Contractors license in the state of VA so he will no longer be working on my house; Terry will be coming to finish the job. Chris told me my flooring was at Home Depot and gave me Terry's number so I could confirm he was indeed coming back. I called. I sent text messages. I called again. No answer. I finally called from my work, at my husband's suggestion, and the next day Terry called me back. He was pretty shocked when I told him who I was and that I assumed he was not coming back to finish the job. He went on a rant about how he never leaves a contract unfinished but my contract was with Chris not him and it would not be worth his time to send his guys up here to finish the job. I figured as much but was absolutely astounded at how much he tried to justify to himself that he was not negligent in his contract. I asked him to figure out how much it would cost to have his guys come back to VA and finish but he never called back. So, in closing Chris was great until he lost his license and the guys working for A-1 Roofing were great and did a wonderful job. In my opinion, Terry is the problem. I didn't expect him to work for free but I did expect him to finish the job. I have since had to find another person to finish the job and it is costing me an extra $1200.00 that I had not planned on spending. It could have been a lot worse and I am thankful to God that it wasn't but it sure was disappointing. The tub was only roughed in, they left tile undone, the bamboo was not laid, the drywall was not finished, the trim work was not done, and there was a hole in my closet where they had to move a wall but didn't put anything up. I rated mostly A's and B's due to when it was working, it was working great it just did a total flop at the end. Overall I would say it started A then ended C
Contractors in Concord
- Business Description:Im Jake Livengood and I would like to take this opportunity to briefly introduce our company Livengood Electrical llc so that you may consider our company for your electrical needs. Livengood electrical llc is a New small business, electrical contractor based right outside of Charlottesville Virginia, while serving Charlottesville and surrounding countys. Our services include wiring for new construction, Add ons, Remodels, Custom Houses, Additions and trouble shooting. Our company is committe..Recent Review:Jake and crew came out (over an hour drive one way) to correctly install a couple of out door outlets. Prompt and friendly. We will be using them again on a few other upcoming projects in the future. Thanks again for your expertiseJoshua L.
- Business Description:Right Angle Carpentry is about providing the customer with quality work at a fair price. We are a class A building contractor in the state of Virginia with 20 years of experience in the Construction field. We are able to provide a wide range of services from small home repairs to larger projects such as additions or custom homes. Call us if you are looking for a positive construction experience in the Roanoke - Lynchburg area. We take great pride in the quality of our work and our attenti..Recent Review:The deck and fence looks great and is very well built. I highly recommend Right Angle.Bruce B.
- Business Description:I prefer smaller jobs that a person may not feel comfortable doing themselves but a contractor would not feel it was worth the effort to take on.Recent Review:Ryan did a fantastic job. He was on time and very professional. He completed the work quickly, and it looks great.Kathy M.
- Business Description:The Best Quality & Craftsmanship GuaranteedRecent Review:When I called to schedule an inspection, the original date was about a week out. When they became aware that we had a current leak, they adjusted schedules to arrive the next day. The inspection and recommendations were very thorough and professional. Although we decided to not proceed with All Phase Roofing for this project, we would highly recommend them if you are in need of any roof workKevin D.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We are a small General Contracting business, with skilled in-house specialists in our field of work. We offer 0% APR financing for up to 12 months for qualifying clientele, are in the process for SWAM certification. We are certified land disturbers, Mastic Elite Contractor, Certified Dreamhome Provider, Certified for lead removal, and certified through CSI as a Certified Siding Installer. Though SWaM Certified as a small business our skilled installers of bathroom tile, hardwood flooring, ..
- Business Description:Class C contractor, licensed and insured. 1 employee. Free estimates. Work Monday - Sunday.
- Business Description:Construction Company, providing Home/Dock/Deck Building, Remodeling, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Repairs/Property Management, Commercial Construction Services and General Contracting Consulting. BayWatch Development Corporation, is one of the region's largest home and commercial builders. Without our amazing clientele base, we wouldn't be where we are today. Our clients' locations range from Roanoke to the City of Lynchburg, Virginia. Craftsmanship is central to every aspect of what B D C ..
- Business Description:With over 20 years of experience in the furniture and home décor business, John Albert Furniture takes pride in providing our clients with a wide range of options to meet all of their needs. From classic pieces to modern contemporary designs, we are confident that you’ll be satisfied by our furniture selection
- Business Description:May contact through email.Recent Review:Quality of work is poor and much has to be redone. Not sure if the work is shoddy because he walked out of the job and never returned to finish, or if he just does shoddy work as his method of operation. Some of the project was never even begun before he walked out on the job. Jerry told me he had to go to N. Carolina to do a "Jerusuleum" tile job, and never returned. However, everytime he hit me up for payment, whether it was the hr. rate ripoff, or at the point where payment was due, I always paid him the amt. he demanded on the same day requested. He walked off the job w/o completing the project and left a good amt. of work to be finished, although by this time I owed him very little money. Another warning, do not pay more than 1/3 up front, otherwise you're likely to end up in the same bind as me.Yet, he had no respect for how his erractic schedule negatively impacted & inconvienced me. He's all about self, whether it's buying him lunch, a hammock, carpet, & whatever else he can beat out of you. I would not recommend commissioning this co. to perform work on your home for any reason.There is a local tile store owned by an Italian family. Jerry called them "WAPS."I had Real Deal perform a small job previously, which was to install crown moulding on the first level. At no time prior to installation was I informed it would need to be re-caulked every year. Had I been told this, I likely would not have had it installed. Jerry informed me the incorrect kind of caulk was used, hence the cracking. <br /> <br /> I keep cases of bottled water in my garage. Jerry is an avid water drinker. I offered him some of the water. Social graces & polite equitte would have dictated he take no more than 2-3 bottles a day. Jerry practically cleaned me out in no time flat, & gave me every opportunity via directed & specific hints that he wanted more water. By this time, I decided to start buying gallon jugs, which isn't what he wanted. Adter twisting my arm to buy him water, to no avail, he said something to the effect of, "I guess I'll have to go buy water on my way over tomorrow. " By now, it's clear the type of person I'm dealing with so I say, "Yes, I guess you will." In my opinion, once he tags you as being a free hearted person, he's going to get all he can from you, yet, he's quick to say he's not finishing a project to specifications because he underestimated the amt. of material, and he wants you to pay him separately by the hour (plus go back & buy the additional material), above & beyond the original contractual agreeement, in order to get the job you originally contracted for. <br /> <br /> There were several places in the garage that were sloppy, obvious & in need of correction. Jerry acknowledged they needed attention. He told me I paid for only two (or however many) coats of mud, so he was satisfied to leave it flawed as it was. H'owner's are entitled to a proper job regardless the number of "coats" it takes, or whatever the case may be. He had the obligation to, in this particular instance, paint the ceiling properly. I don't know anything about how many coats of mud a ceiling requires, all I know is that I wanted it painted properly, but he was satisfied to walk away & leave it unslightly because "you paid for only two coats of mud." As the contractor, it is his responsibility to give me a quote that is sufficient to give me a quality job. This goes to his quality of workmanship, which means that you not only have to check behind everything, but that you likely have to engage in a debate as to how much more money it will cost to have the job done correctly because he's not applying the extra coat(s) for free because it's the right thing to do. Such costs should be built into the project, but not with Jerry. It has been my experience, that he will jump into your pocket every opportunity ("you should buy me lunch"),etc., and you're stuck because you want the job completed correctly. This is yet another way the cost of the job escalates once you're already stuck in a contract. Any reasonable h'owner. would expect that the, in this case, ceiling, would be painted responsibly whether it took half a "coat of mud" or five "coats." This is how the h'owner. is ripped off because Jerry then wants you to double back & pay him additional "for my time" for a job that should have been done correctly the first time. But for him to take the approach "you only paid for two coats of mud" is arrogant when what I actually paid for is for him to do it right the first time. Again...he acknowledged it needed at least one more coat; to his own admission he saw the imperfections. Nobody wants a half job. We work just as hard for our money as he does, and just as he wouldn't want anyone performing sloppy work on his behalf, we deserve quality as well. Between the hourly fee he calculates, & schemes such as the above, it's easy to spend quadruple the amount originally agreed upon, but by this time, you're between a rock & a hard place. My advice...don't start climbing the rock to begin with. Look someplace else. <br /> <br /> Jerry knows that I take my relationship with God and the church I attend seriously. When he leanred I contacted the BBB, he left a message on my v/m threatening, "I'll show up at your church, and we'll sit down and talk to the pastor." He went for the one thing he knows I cherish, and that's the above stated relationships. And for him to say "I'll show up" that's quasi threatening and intimidating. He was attempting to strong arm me into doing what he wanted me to do by threatening to go to an individual he perceived as an authority in my mind, the threat of which was supposed to cause me to change course. That in itself is unscrupulous and under-handed. I was offended that he would use these sanctities against me to manipulate my behavior into what he wanted to see happen. He hadn't even spoken with me, yet this was the msg. he left on my v.m. before ever talking the matter out with me. It's almost as though he was trying to inspire fear in me to act in accordance with how he wanted me to respond. <br /Marcelle C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Spout Spring
- Madison Heights
- Lynch Station
- Charlotte Court House
- Hampden Sydney
general contractors in Concord
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- All-Phase Roofing & ConstructionPO Box 11604
- All-Phase Roofing & Construction
- Derek Lewis Lee, Inc. t/a Lee Builders234 Brian Drive
- Derek Lewis Lee, Inc. t/a Lee Builders
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Kennedy Flooring & ConstructionPO Box 1760
- Kennedy Flooring & Construction
- Quality Assembly Solutionspo box 70192
- Quality Assembly Solutions
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Sharky's Pest Control3685 Glenland Rd.
- Spence Contracting & Remodeling, Inc.1485 Waterlick Road
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- Wayne's Home Improvments524 Thistle Rd
- Wayne's Home Improvments