GREER AWNING & SIDING INC

Greer, SC 29650

LICENSE#: G101480.

06/05/2018

Mark R.

Greer Awning and Siding did an excellent job overall. They were out fairly quickly for an estimate. Very friendly and helpful with deciding what style to use. Install was performed in a timely manner. Professional work. We definitely would use them again.

Description of Work
Install new railing on porch.

Category wrought iron

08/02/2016

Sonya B.

Was not friendly on the phone. Told me my job was not big enough for them.

Description of Work
Needed to get an estimate for gutter repair/possible replacement.

04/05/2016

Phyllis LaRee M.

Came out before holidays and gave us an estimate. Informed us that it would be after the first of the year before they could install these railings. Came back out to take measurements again and to ensure their plans were the same as ours. Love the railings. Look great and very helpful to elderly family members.

Description of Work
Install wrought iron hand railing.

Category gutter repair, wrought iron

Thank you for your positive comments concerning the work we did for you. Please let us know if you need our services in the future. Our men appreciate the fact that someone says "Thank You".

10/08/2015

Suzanne L.

My husband and I were happy with the punctuality, quality and cost of the job. They came on time and completed each task quickly and beautifully. We think the price was very reasonable. We love the way the new gutters look with our new house stain. We would recommend them and use them again.

Description of Work
Took down old gutters, and replaced with new gutters for a 2000 square foot house.

Category gutter repair

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your kind words concerning the gutter we did for you. Our men appreciate someone saying "Thank You".. Please let us know if we can help with anything in the future.

07/31/2015

Karen P.

I contacted Greer Awning and Siding and asked that come out and give me and estimate of what it would cost to replace the gutter system that I had on a shop building. They responded within a few days and we set up a time for them to come out and give the estimate. Once all the options were discussed and the price quoted for each option, I called them back to let them know what I had decided. Long story short, when the installer came out to install the gutters, he found the rotted facia boards and said they need to be replaced before the gutters could be installed. Greer Awning quoted a price for the repair and I agreed. A few days later they were back to make the repair to the facia and install the gutters. They did an awesome job and I will call them back to do more work on my home.

Description of Work
Greer Awning and Siding removed rotted facia boards and replaced it with new facia along with removing old gutter system and replacing it with new gutter system

Category awnings, gutter repair, siding

[removed member's name], thank you for your business. We are happy that you are satisfied with the work we did for you and we will be glad to do other work in the future. Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any problems. Thanks again.

10/11/2014

Jennifer F.

Hard to find a company that doesn't give you the run around but this is one of those companies. A little difficult doing things with them via email, so I recommend calling. Larry, our salesman, was great and kept in contact with us through the process (weather changes affecting install, etc). Price was great! Our seamless gutters look awesome and are performing fabulously! The crew was on time and were super fast! We couldn't have asked for anything more!

Description of Work
Replaced old gutters. Quote was fair price. Work was done on time. Crew was great. Salesman was very communicative.

06/23/2014

Maureen M.

The workers were very professional. They came to our home when scheduled, performed the service, cleaned up and it was all done by 3 pm. No problems and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced old 4" gutters with 5" gutters. Created a new downspout where needed.

Category gutter repair

Thanks for the review and business!

06/10/2014

Clare S.

I called and the next day my phone call was returned and they came out and took a look at our gutters. We had just purchased our home and were not yet living there. He called me while he walked around our home (I couldn't be there at the time) and discussed every single thing he saw. The verdict was: our system might have been slightly outdated (something about the hangers) but they were in good shape! He could have told me I needed all new gutters and I would not have known the difference. THANK YOU! We will be calling you when we need gutter work done!

Description of Work
Evaluated existing gutters

Category gutter repair

Thanks for the review [member name removed]!

06/10/2014

Keith M.

They did a really good job with us. It went well. We had a good experience. They were good company and I would use them again.

Description of Work
They changed some of our guttering. It was kind of a repair, I guess.

Thanks for the review!

04/02/2014

Marina P.

Professional. Came and reviewed item. Dispatched two technicians for repair. When they arrived they found that there was a part needed that they could not obtain. No charge for thier services.

Description of Work
evaluated broken sunbrella

Category awnings, gutter repair

08/29/2013

Shelly C.

I waited 10 days after initialing calling before I called back. I finally spoke with someone later that day. He was very rude over the phone and pretty much said it wasn't a gutter problem but he'd come and look anyway. Very condescending. I had already had a roofer come out and look and was told it was a gutter problem. Now I don't know where to turn to get my leak taken care of.

Description of Work
consultation

Category gutter repair

We are sorry [member name removed] did not feel we responded to her call quickly enough. This is our busy time of year and it is hard for someone to get to each call within a few days. Usually, our receptionist will explain that to our customers when they call the first time. We are one of only a few companies in our county that will do repair or partial jobs. Therefore, that makes it even harder to get to all the customers who call for repair work. We did not do this work originally so we would be repairing someone else's job. Sometimes the customer will think it is a gutter problem because they can "see" the gutter. However, usually if water is going inside the house, it is a roof problem. Our salesman should have checked with customer and inspected area before assuming it was a roof problem. Sometimes when we are so busy our telephone etiquette is not what it should be. We apologize for any bad attitude one of our employees exhibited with this customer. Our gutter crew would have eventually seen to her repair request, but we would have worked in with another job in area, etc. We may not respond to our repair requests as quickly as we should but at least we are willing to do them.

01/30/2013

Barbara S.

Called to set up an appointment, person seemed to not know what I was calling about. Next day at 8:00 a.m. salesman called, woke me up, asked when a good time to come out to "look it over." I told him any time after 10:00 a.m. His response was "Well, it's probably going to be a lot earlier than that, I'm trying to beat the rain that's coming." Talk about arrogant and not listening to the customer. I called the company, sounded like i woke them up and canceled the "appointment."

Description of Work
Arrogant

Category gutter repair

We apologize that this member had a bad experience with our company. We have been in business since 1958 and strive to accomodate all of our customers. The first person they spoke to has been with the company for over 30 years, so I am surprised she felt they were not knowledgable about our products. We apologize that our salesman called so early in the morning and woke her, however our hours are from 8am to 5pm. We make a lot of calls first thing in the morning to set up appointments and then the salesmen are out during the day estimating the jobs. We are sorry our salesman did not seem agreable to the time customer suggested, however, our area was expecting a severe storm later that day. We try to respond to all of our customers' calls as quickly as we can, so we are sorry it was not a convenient time for our call to set up an appointment. If our salesman was arrogant, we apologize for his behavior and we have cautioned him about the need for a pleasant attitude and better customer service.

10/17/2012

Samuel R.

Excellent response time. Job done quickly and neatly. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Installed new gutter.

Category awnings

We appreciate your business!

09/22/2012

Rex H.

A representative came out to estimate gutter removal and replace. Estimate was reasonable. The company removed old gutters and downspouts and then waited a few days so that I could paint where new gutters were being installed. Company returned and completed the job. A very professional experience and I would use them again as well as recommend them.

Description of Work
Removed and hauled away the old gutters and downspouts and installed new gutters and downspouts.

Category gutter repair

We appreciate your business!

09/19/2012

Heidi J A.

No complaints with quality work. The arrived on time, told me what to expect, and finished on time.

Description of Work
This was for a gutter replacement that was damaged by a tree. Due to the amount of hail damaged homes in the area, I expected to wait a long time, but they were out for the estimate and repair within a week of my call.

Category gutter repair

We appreciate your business! Thanks for the review!

08/30/2012

Charles K.

My 1940's bungalow's gutters were on their last leg. After patching holes in them for the past year, I knew it was finally time to do something about them. I received two quotes for replacement and these guys were cheaper by almost 30%. The man who came out to do the estimate was on time, courteous, and gave me the quote on the spot. I asked if I could save any money by taking my old gutters down and fixing any bad trim (which I had plenty of) myself, and he said of course! I then let him know I'd be on vacation the following week and for him to call me when they could come out. He remembered to call and politely asked if I was done with my trim repairs. When I told him I was, he had the crew out to my house within the hour while I was at work. Having work crews out to the house unsupervised usually brings about ill feelings of a mess, something broken, or done incorrectly, but when I came home during lunch I was stunned! All the gutters were hung, not a piece of trash in my yard, and the work was beautiful (as much as one can say that about gutters on a house). I am truly impressed with the workmanship and the seemingly invisibility at which they did the work. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
85 feet of gutter replacement including 5 drops

Category gutter repair

We appreciate your business! Thanks for the review!

06/22/2012

Mike M.

On June 5th, Larry of Greer Awning and Siding gave me quotes for both repair of my existing gutters, and replacement. Since the price for replacement was only a little higher, I opted for replacement. Larry told me that they were quite busy, so it would be 3 to 4 weeks before they could do the work, but that he would try to fit me in if they had time. Since the quoted price was about 1/2 of the other quotes i'd gotten, I thought it would be worth waiting. Chris of Greer Awning and Siding called me May 20 at about 09:30 and told me they would be there in 30 min. I met them at the house...they were right on time. I showed Chris and Ray what needed to be done...they started right to work. When I returned home that afternoon, Chris and Ray were gone. I had new gutters and down spouts. They had replaced the rotten facia that I knew about, and also replaced another section of facia that they apparently found once they got the gutters off. The gutters looked great. They cleaned up after themselves completely (and locked my back gates). I can't speak highly enough of my experience with Greer Awning and Siding. The price was good and the quality of the work Chris and Ray did was outstanding. I will recommend Greer Awning and Siding to anyone needing seamless gutter work and I will call them again if I need any gutter work in the future.

Description of Work
I contracted Greer Awning and Siding to replace approx. 150 ft of gutter, which was old and falling away from the house. They were also to replace about 5 ft of facia that was rotten.

Category gutter repair

We are very pleased to read such a positive review about specific employees and we want to thank you for your business and review member!

06/02/2012

Emily E.

This company was very professional and had wonderful pricing. Our estimate to redo gutters on our ranch house was less than $800. We really liked them and would have moved forward, but other household emergencies have taken prioirity. Definitely they are worth considering if you are looking for gutters.

Description of Work
quote for new gutters on a 2000 square foot ranch home

Category gutter repair

We appreciate your positive review! Thanks!

09/12/2011

Regina C.

They were great. I would give them the highest ratings possible. I plan to have them back out to look at my gutters.

Description of Work
They set up an awning for me.

Category awnings

We appreciate your business [Member Name Removed]! Thanks for the review!

08/07/2011

Tom J.

Excellent job. Provided written quote. Follow-up to coordinate job start was very good. Completed entire job on time and to quoted cost. VERY pleased with using them and would not hesitiate to call them back for any other work.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters on front and side of home

06/02/2011

William P.

This was the last of 3 companies I had come give me estimates on gutters. The salesman was an older gentleman whose name I can't remember. I liked him immediately more than the previous two salesman, because he came across as much more honest and direct and less like he was trying to oversell. He gave me options with and without a gutter guard, but he agreed that with the ease of access to my roof and the low grade, I probably didn't need the guard since it would be easy enough to clean the gutters. We talked through where downspouts should be. His quote of $1340 was the least expensive of the 3 I received for installation of regular aluminum gutters. The crew came to do the job while I was at work and were cleaning up as I got home. They were especially careful to look for nails in my dog's fence area. The gutters look great and I haven't had any trouble with them. Possibly the best experience I've had with getting work done on my house--look at my reviews and you'll see I can be a tough critic. I highly recommend these guys.

Description of Work
Installed gutters on house with no gutters. The house is a 2100 square foot ranch-house so it's a lot to gutter.

04/20/2011

Mark B.

They were extremely professional but their quote was not as good as the company I went with. They just didn't have the right product. We have a very tricky application so the other company was a better product for us. I thought the guy was very knowledgeable and professional. We have a lot of roof and they didn't have the right product. I might not use them in the future, it's not anything to do with them and how they behaved it's to do with the product that they don't carry.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Greer Awning and Siding Inc for gutter replacement in January.

04/11/2011

Glen W.

They did everything that they said they would do. They were very honest. The owner was there watching the job. Everything went well. They were a little expensive, but I chose to go ahead and use them.

Description of Work
They put up a double-car canopy.

04/06/2011

david W.

They were fast and the items have done fine in the last year. Maybe wish the awning bracing was a little more heavy duty (just screwed into the siding), but it has withstood the winter fine (and I think we had a pretty real winter in Greenville). The awning color goes w/ the house color fine. Good company.

Description of Work
Gr. Awning built and installed a metal awning over our back door. They also built and installed two covered gutters.

Category awnings, gutter repair

11/19/2010

Regina C.

I really like them and will be calling them back for gutter caps.

Description of Work
cleaned some gutters made some small repairs